It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If offered to colonize space, Would you go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Let's assume that you passed the physical, psychological, and emotional screening. Would you go colonize Luna, Mars, mine the asteroid belt or go further into space?

what do you think? You going?

hrxll

[Edited on 5-12-03 by HerExcellency]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think that would be great! I don't know about mining an asteroid, but colonizing another planet would be very interesting. Get to set foot on a foriegn planetary body, a whole new world to explore, etc.

So yeah, I'd go to colonize Mars.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Can I bring a lifetime supply of beer? If so, yes!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
Let's assume that you past the physical, psychological, and emotional screening. Would you go colonize Luna, Mars, mine the asteroid belt or go further into space?

hrxll

anything to get me off this planet

why not? must increase the chances of finding them greys

definitely, i wouldnt give it a second thought..think of the regret you are likely to face when some1 else takes the job instead?

Peace
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Can I bring a lifetime supply of beer? If so, yes!

If thats the case then i'm going with him

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'd be first in line....

What an opportunity to make history....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
Let's assume that you past the physical, psychological, and emotional screening. Would you go colonize Luna, Mars, mine the asteroid belt or go further into space?

hrxll

LUNA...yes , for the experience so's they'd select me for a MARs colony mission...
But, a MARS colony mission...might only last maybe 20 years...they probably wont let a person stay & live out their life on mars, because of off-planet protocols (like Antartica Protocols of today) the area/land sites belonging to international & all...there are no 'graveyards' at the S Pole are there?? SO...there will be no citizens of Mars either-->
The [My] real goal is to go off into interstellar space...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Count me in too. Even if there was no chance of EVER coming back, I would still go. Put me in a one-way ship, with enough oxygen and provisions to last my lifetime, and I'm audi!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i would love to go to alpha centauri for a life then maybe alot deeper into space in the next life

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would love to go be a colonist on Luna, Mars, an Asteroid city maybe, or any of the outer planet's moons.

go read Kim Stanley Robinison's Martian trilogy, it's an absolutely stunning series of books about the colonization and terraformation of mars and later the other bodies in the solar system. It's probably my all time favorite series.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Most of my life I would have said no.

But since things are changing so fast on earth and the exponential rise in power of the 'service to self' crowd, I'm not so sure I want to live here anymore.

I would go but only being able to trust those behind the mission of course.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'd head out into space with the finest 800 I could find and my dog, and form my own sort of civilization, like Kerensky did. Oh yeah. Gentic modification and all. In fact, I'd mirror what Kerensky did almost exactly. damn stravag. They've gone done messed up the planet!

DE

(Long live Clan Wolf)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
if I can bring some one with me other whise I will mis that person.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
deep space for me something like star trek a five year mission into the unknown oh and ya the beer too heh

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
would i go?

# yeah!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Id go colonize on mars would be interesting to see if the theorys of aliens on mars but definatly mars to get off this planet the only bad part is when we do (and i do mean WHEN because someday we will) we will most likely end up killing another planet like we are with earth

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
alright if it were up to me(which its not) i would not go if you guys would consider all the technicallities, it takes mroe than 8 months:Its a technical foul!, food is limited: its a technical foul!, the ship wont have enough energy:Its a technical Foul!, the dangers of riding on an ai during cryo sleep:Its a technical foul! well i hope all fo you see that the only reason why we havent colonized mars by now is for all these technicalities i just listed, which is why noones volunteered to go yet

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would go.
But aslong as thier open a stripclub thier.
And free liqour, I would not mind being drunk and floating around the moon.
Deep

who

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would go without a doubt. Nothing to tie me here except a job i really dont like. Sign me up!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"cryo sleep" at the moment, is a science fiction concept, we would be awake for the duration of any trip to any body in the solar system (i dont think we're ready to yet seriously contemplate or discuss inter-stellar space travel)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join