It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tapping the government grapevine & other good books!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found the following books in the local library. I provided links for visual referance confirmation along with ISBN #s to correctly ID the resources provided.

As many members and guests now know, ATS is conducting Research Projects, to help bring to the public some form of light on many topics.

This first book I have was found in "Social Sciences", right next to "How to organize a childrens library";

TAPPING THE GOVERNMENT GRAPEVINE
THE USER-FRIENDLY GUIDE TO U.S. GOVERNMENT INFORMATION SOURCES
THIRD EDITION
ISBN# 1-57356-024-3

visual link

This is not the only book I found in that section, here are two others I decided to check out.

The Invisible Web
Uncovering Information Sources Search engines Can't See
ISBN# 0-910965-51-X

visual link

Naked in Cyberspace
How to find personal information online
The Ultimate Guide to what you can find out online about anyone
ISBN# 0-910965-50-1

visual link

Now one doesn't have to rush out and purchase these fine books. Not at all, just meander down to your local library, most offer free cards just to even get people interested.

Support your local public library, these establishments are in many peoples opinions the best store of vast knowledge. Often they have more and better info than the internet, as everything isn't online...yet.

I will be updateing this thread on occasion when I find more beneficial tools, in our search for the truth. Until then, hope you all enjoy.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You've got me interested. I go to the library so infrequently that I almost always have to renew my card everytime.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Invisible Web ROCKS....literally....great information there...and I do beliueve that Byrd posted a link to them somewhere......great place for good information that is not on the visible "mainstream" internet.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yes, there's links to the Invisible Web and the Sircus search engine over in the references area of the Science forum.

The main problem I find with some of this information is that it's ephemeral; it comes and goes quickly, and links and search engines that should be there may have vanished.

new topics

top topics

join