It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

biblical questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
for all the fundamentalist christians out there, here's a chance to win yourself a new convert!!

basically right now i'm currently at this point in my life where i'm starting to look at everything around me and trying to figure out the meaning of my existance. in the past i've considered myself agnostic but now ultimately i wish to obtain a deeper spiritual meaning to my life. so lateley i've been looking into different religions with an open mind in hopes of finding spiritual enlightenment in one of them. although ultimately i have found myself most baffled with christianity when taken from a fundamentalist perspective. normaly i would just give up trying to figure things out and just move on to something else but i'm willing to give the fundamentalist christians the benifit of the doubt here. so here are severeal questions i'm seeking answers to and i'm hoping to see some well thought out answers here. i also expect more than just "because it says so in the bible", "god works in mysterious ways" and the ever popular "your gona goto hell for questioning the bible!!". no i'm not out to debunk anybody's belief system here before you try to accuse me of anything. these are just some simple questions i would like to hear some answers to.

1) why exactly does god have to go through the process of sacrificing his own son just so he could forgive us of our sins and what does believing in the resurection have to do with being forgiven of your sins? not to mention what about those who are raised up to believe other religions are the truth? so there basically gona burn in eternal hellfire just because of thier upbringing which is something we have no controll over?

2) if the catholic church is such a blasphemy in gods name, why does he allow it to still stand? god was so quick to inflict his wrath upon heathens time after time in the ot so why do they get away with thier blasphemies in god's name? for that matter what about all these orginizations like holywood, mtv, ect that are corrupting the youth and leading them away from the church? shouldn't they get god's wrath as well? i mean dosn't the bible say that god wills all men to be saved? shouldn't he be doing something about this? for that matter why would he allow the illuminati to slowly take over his earth with thier new world order? (for those of you like myself who believe in the new world order)

3) why is it that satan who is the mother of all sinners and commited probally the worst sin possible in trying to overthrow god is not only allowed to get his own realm of darkness but is also able to inhabit the earth with his army of darkness to corrupt humanity which is another great sin? not to mention why does he get all those privledges for trying to overthrow god and the rest of us sinners who are corrupted by satan get eternal torment? he's the original sinner and yet he seems to have gotten a pretty sweet deal out of it.

4) last but not least, why is it that the bible which is supossed to be the official world of god contain so many different messages that blatantly contradict other messages within the bible? for those who say "there are no contradictions within the bible", what are all these supposed to be then?

if anyone can give me well thought out answers to all these questions it would be most apreciated.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by mutehalo]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
god doesn't exist like that tahts why, the bible is a mind #, u have to take the good parts out, thats the quest your on, seeking truth right? well u must find the truths from everywhere to find spiritual completeness, until u find real truth don't believe anything in the slightest amount. find out about who wrote the bible and when and why, also note the fact that there are far more than the obvious contradictions, there is contradiction in archeaological evidence, which suggests that israel never even existed as was stated in the bible. Satan is "allowed" to exist because there is still evil in the world, only we can remove god or satan with our choice of good or evil, they just gave him a realm and all that junk for the fear based control system they have propragated

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
c'mon, i'm sure some of you out there must have some answers to these questions.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The simple answer is of course....

Because he doesn't exist...

However, if you'd like, I can give you the Fundie Christian answers...

1) why exactly does god have to go through the process of sacrificing his own son just so he could forgive us of our sins and what does believing in the resurection have to do with being forgiven of your sins? not to mention what about those who are raised up to believe other religions are the truth? so there basically gona burn in eternal hellfire just because of thier upbringing which is something we have no controll over?

A: He needed to show his followers that he too could sacrifice, just as he expects his followers to sacrifice the absence of sin. The act of Jesus' sacrifice, and then subsequent ressurection, was in essence wiping the slate clean....to give humanity a second chance. Those who did not know of God, but carried him in their hearts, and finally accept him, will be saved.

2) if the catholic church is such a blasphemy in gods name, why does he allow it to still stand? god was so quick to inflict his wrath upon heathens time after time in the ot so why do they get away with thier blasphemies in god's name? for that matter what about all these orginizations like holywood, mtv, ect that are corrupting the youth and leading them away from the church? shouldn't they get god's wrath as well? i mean dosn't the bible say that god wills all men to be saved? shouldn't he be doing something about this? for that matter why would he allow the illuminati to slowly take over his earth with thier new world order? (for those of you like myself who believe in the new world order)

A: To follow God, you must do so of your own free will, therefore YOU must forsake these temptations or these expressions of free will. If the temptations were removed, then it wouldn't be such a sacrifice on your part, now would it?

3) why is it that satan who is the mother of all sinners and commited probally the worst sin possible in trying to overthrow god is not only allowed to get his own realm of darkness but is also able to inhabit the earth with his army of darkness to corrupt humanity which is another great sin? not to mention why does he get all those privledges for trying to overthrow god and the rest of us sinners who are corrupted by satan get eternal torment? he's the original sinner and yet he seems to have gotten a pretty sweet deal out of it.

A: Satan was formerly one of God's favorite angels. After the war in Heaven, and the creation of man, God realized that there can be no good without evil. Thus, Satan basically earned the position...

4) last but not least, why is it that the bible which is supossed to be the official world of god contain so many different messages that blatantly contradict other messages within the bible? for those who say "there are no contradictions within the bible", what are all these supposed to be then?

A: Though the Bible is the word of God, it is written by man. Man is not imperfect, and neither were the interpreters of God...hence the inconsistencies....

Feel better?

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
thanks for the input although it really dosn't count considering you dont believe in god. but since you put in the effort i'll respond to your answers anyways..

He needed to show his followers that he too could sacrifice, just as he expects his followers to sacrifice the absence of sin. The act of Jesus' sacrifice, and then subsequent ressurection, was in essence wiping the slate clean....to give humanity a second chance. Those who did not know of God, but carried him in their hearts, and finally accept him, will be saved."

hmmm.. good enough answer

To follow God, you must do so of your own free will, therefore YOU must forsake these temptations or these expressions of free will. If the temptations were removed, then it wouldn't be such a sacrifice on your part, now would it?

there would still be plenty of temptations out there with the abscence of holywood and mtv though. not to mention these suposid orginazations of satan are suposidly out to brainwash christians when there still at the age where they dont know any better about what is right and wrong. i mean in the old testament god inflicted floods, earthquakes, plauges, wars, you name it on practically anybody who got on his bad side. i still think trying to corrupt christians when there still defenseless children is worthy of a good old fashion old testament wrath. i mean the bible says god dosn't change so why has he suddenly gone soft on us.

Satan was formerly one of God's favorite angels. After the war in Heaven, and the creation of man, God realized that there can be no good without evil. Thus, Satan basically earned the position...

evil can still exist without there being a suprime lord of darkness though.

Though the Bible is the word of God, it is written by man. Man is not imperfect, and neither were the interpreters of God...hence the inconsistencies....

if men screwed up while creating the bible, then its not the 100% official word of god now is it. for that matter though why would god let them get away with making an imperfect bible? wouldn't ya think he would want his official book to the human race be completely perfect and error free?

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by mutehalo]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why wasn't Jesus married? It was just about illegal for a Jewish man not to be married......and yet the bible offers no explanation.

Why did God make his people smart enough to find his faults in his own word if he is true.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass
Why wasn't Jesus married? It was just about illegal for a Jewish man not to be married......and yet the bible offers no explanation.

Why did God make his people smart enough to find his faults in his own word if he is true.

Jesus did get married though.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo

from a Universalist View:

A. Jesus either died for All or None. He's either a God of Complete Mercy and Grace or He Is not. He can't be in the grey area, he is a God of Absolutes not indecisiveness.

B.Mercy Grace Unconditional Love. He judged us before we were yet born he died "for" the sins of the Whole World. He didn't ask us if we wanted to be saved, just as we didn't ask to become sinners because of what One man Adam did.

C. Your right, he seems to have, however, satan doesnt exist as an angry little demon just waiting to corrupt us at every turn. If you fear something badly enough it will appear real, just as the opposite of this is also true, in being, if you believe badly enough, you can create Miracles. It's all in the power of the Mind.

D. Ah well you see, that's because the bible is incomplete. They left out some very important information such as the Gnostics or Books of Knowlege because some idiots decided that it was too shocking for the general public to add the reality of Jesus' life, and it was quite raw. He was no pussiecat

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If you believe you will get all the answers here from A.T.S you are being fooled!!!

Why do you go to web sites with nonsense and things that they speak which themselves do not know???

Get yourself some true teachings on what the BIBLE says ....and dont rely on the INTERNET for all your answers!

There are many posts here made by members, with good knowledge on Christianity....some of which I have written about .....also it does not hurt to read on History and what the Apostles taught .....early Christian Writtings by Fathers of the early Church.......and heaps and heaps of writingsto read(if your truly interested) ........But then, it is a choice for you to accept what Jesus Christ taught to all....not only for Christians......But for the Whole of mankind!
helen...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Jehovah, if you truly exist, you will bring you damn servant helen to be with you...and not with us.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sapphire is right..Jesus was married. Get over it! lol...

what if his and Mary's descendents were alive today? Some say they are!

What would they be like?

Surely they'd care about the world..be concerned about the wars waging around us...appalled at the destruction of the beautiful planet earth...

how would they communicate this?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i mean...

wouldn't they be aware of the huge conspiracy that has been waged against them...all the misinformation and disinformation that has ruled for centuries??

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
with more awareness of dates and the significance of numbers and places than the enemy..every time.

what they stole..all will be retrieved...to all the angels and the pure of heart...to the warriors who fought thru all the ages for the cause...all will be restored to the kingdom soon.

22/11/03

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
did George learn something from the cold, rigid, emotionless environs of Buckingham Palace? He must have been thinking "what the f***?!?"

Even protected, to go from there to the North East he must have seen something of a stark contrast between luxury and social deprivation, and at the very heart of that mining community, the most beautiful, shining, friendly spirit of humanity shone out? The chosen birthplace of love.

Wonder if any of it has had an effect on the man's soul??

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass

I can't give you a verse right now, but God does say that he rather us NOT be with a woman, or somthing like that. That's the reason I think he was never married. If this is going to cause chaos I will give a verse tomorrow. Or if I'm wrong please correct me.

Thanks
Glan

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
not be with a woman?

i think he was!

this is the terrifying prospect that has haunted the "church" and "religion" throughout several centuries...forcing them into unhealthy, scary, destructive Sodom and Gommorah scenarios...

what is so scary about love? Whats so scary about Jesus falling in love with a woman?

Its the key to peace! Projection of Adam and Eve...trying to put it all right and restore the balance..not just of humanity..but of planet earth itself.

To deny it is the key to war...what we're seeing on the news every day.

To accept it...is to embrace Paradise on earth. Its your choice.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mary Magdalene

she was Jesus' greatest friend..if she came back now..what would she do?

be an environmental campaigner? A social activist? A teacher? A politician? Go on conspiracy websites? (lol!)

yeah..all those things and more!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Let me think about your questions and i will try get back to you.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
Jehovah, if you truly exist, you will bring you damn servant helen to be with you...and not with us.

YOU GOT A PROBLEM ''''''''''lobo'''''''''

damn only yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont like it here????????????

THEN LEAVE ....................

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
any religion and I do mean ANY religion the last time I checked is based on faith...religion without faith wouldnt be religion now would it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join