It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem cell Baby Deaths to close to truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to the following report. An investigation in Kiev discovered rural poor from the Ukraine were having their new born children stolen by doctors who said the babies had complications & died in order to allegedly harvest the stem cells & organs to be used for rejuvenation medicine for Wealthy Elite.

www.telegraph.co.uk
"Pregnant women, especially from rural areas, are very vulnerable targets as they will obviously believe whatever the doctors tell them. It's easy to take their babies from them and tell them they died or were born dead due to complications."

The Council of Europe is to investigate allegations that newborn babies, and foetuses, have been killed to provide stem cells and internal organs for controversial medical and cosmetic treatments.

Officials of the Strasbourg-based human rights organisation are to travel to Ukraine in February to investigate the role played by some of the country's research centres and maternity hospitals in the international trade.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This crap has got to stop people! Does the world not have any shred of decency left? How can people do this for money & bribes. Sometimes I can't wait for our destruction!
The elite got to go, now! not later! now! Heres one the the biggest culprits: an Israeli pharmaceutical company www.tevapharm.com... Common on Israel! how can you partake in an atrocity such as this after the holocaust? If you own this stock Dump it!

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by BattleofBatoche]

[edit on 17-12-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 17/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It sounds like the investigator couldn't find any examples of this actually happening.

What stem cell therapies are these doctors supposedly performing anyway? Why would they need to kidnap newborns in order to get stem cells?

to harvest their organs and tissue for the booming new industry of rejuvenation treatments, as well as treatments of illnesses such as Parkinson's disease and cancer. The treatments cost up to £12,000 in the Ukraine, but much more in western countries.

Well is it for stem cells or organs? How does anyone know what they are being used for if no one can even show that they've been kidnapped in the first place?

The specific claims, when compounded with no evidence, sounds more like the stuff of public hysteria and urban legends than actual crimes or conspiracy.

now! Heres one the the biggest culprits: an Israeli pharmaceutical company

??

www.tevapharm.com...
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is a global pharmaceutical company
specializing in the development, production and marketing of generic and
proprietary branded pharmaceuticals as well as active pharmaceutical
ingredients

What the heck does that have to do with anything? Are babies being kidnapped in the ukraine to be used as medical supplies or not??

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The last I heard, abortion in the former Soviet Union is just another form of birth control, so I don't really see why stealing live full term babies would be such an imperative.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, there ARE "organ farms," and a booming trade in illegal organs - so why not stem cell harvesting? ...FYI - organs and stem cells could be harvested from the same 'source.'

The illegal organ market is HUGE, although not in the headlines much - and it's certainly well proven. Building a sideline in stem cells is not such a big second step, and there is definitely a large market for that too.

One of the world's better known 'cell therapy' clinics is in the Ukraine, as it happens - and competing with comparable spas in Switzerland and South America. Maybe good stem cells are hard to find.

Grady - Many of the procedures are illegal, so they need to 'steal' babies to cover their tracks. Also, the best stem cells come from "young" donors, and using healthy babies over unproven fetuses helps ensure healthy donor cells.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Im not a doctor but, arent organs harvested from BABIES no good? Since not fully developped?

Stem cells, I might understand but even there I tough stem cells were found in Foetus and not newly borned?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
This crap has got to stop people! Does the world not have any shred of decency left? How can people do this for money & bribes. Sometimes I can't wait for our destruction!
The elite got to go, now! not later! now! Heres one the the biggest culprits: an Israeli pharmaceutical company www.tevapharm.com... Common on Israel! how can you partake in an atrocity such as this after the holocaust? If you own this stock Dump it!

I'm not saying a plot such as this is impossible but rather implausable. I'm not sure what benefit the infants would serve when stem cells can be obtained from many sources, including the umbilical cord and placenta ... most parents of which would be more than willing to part with for even a small fee.

Also there's this (quote taken from the original article that was linked):

The council launched an inquiry in 2004 when several mothers accused hospitals of snatching their newborn babies to harvest their organs and tissue for the booming new industry of rejuvenation treatments, as well as treatments of illnesses such as Parkinson's disease and cancer. The treatments cost up to £12,000 in the Ukraine, but much more in western countries.

The inquiry was abandoned for lack of firm evidence, but is to be reopened after fresh allegations in the press. A BBC report on the subject, claiming that healthy babies may have been killed, is to be broadcast tonight on Radio 4.

Ruth-Gaby Vermot-Mangold, a Swiss MP who is a member of the Council of Europe's parliamentary assembly, and who previously investigated reports of missing babies, said: "I have obtained reliable information, from mothers and other sources about five cases of newborns that went missing … I believe the mothers were telling the truth. I am more inclined to believe the babies were stolen for the purpose of adoption in the West."

So this same council that is going to start investigating found no evidence in 2004. One of the members said they were more inclined to believe that the babies were stolen for illegal adoptions ... a crime that is still very atrocious.

As far as holding the Israeli's responsible for a single company that operates within their borders ... how do you feel the people or government is responsible if indeed this single entity is corrupt? Is the USA responsible for any criminal acts committed by Coca Cola or Johnson & Johnson?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
Im not a doctor but, arent organs harvested from BABIES no good? Since not fully developped?

Organs from babies are good for babies who need them. Alternatively, the babies can be fed and grown til their organs are larger before harvesting.

For more info, search 'organ farms' brazil 'south america' ...I have a file on this, but no time to look for it right now.

Stem cells, I might understand but even there I tough stem cells were found in Foetus and not newly borned?

Stem cells can be grown from a variety of sources - but the younger the donor, the better (fewer mutations). ...A number of cryogenic facilities for freezing stem cells were opened in the 1960's - and the services were marketed to people for their children, to 'save' for the future. Many hospitals now recommend/offer cord stem cell storage to parents of newborns - again to ensure 'young' matched cells for the children's use later in life.

...There is no doubt the market exists for an illegal trade in stem cells from babies.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Organs from babies are good for babies who need them. Alternatively, the babies can be fed and grown til their organs are larger before harvesting.

That doesn't make much sense either, why kidnap a baby and have to feed it for years before harvesting its organs when you could just kidnap a human of the correct age?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

That doesn't make much sense either, why kidnap a baby and have to feed it for years before harvesting its organs when you could just kidnap a human of the correct age?

Organs for transplant need to be matched between the donor and recipient to prevent rejection. One 'service' available to wealthy people involves having a personal 'organ farm' (body) available for matched, transplantable organs as needed. For babies, this would be important with congenital, progressive and/or deteriorative disease.

This is black market stuff, but grabbing a body off the street doesn't work that well. The bad guys just match blood type and push immunosuppressant drugs to block rejection, which is NOT recommended. But most people don't really know enough to judge the quality of their underground care - they're just happy to buy a bit more time - however, the rich can plan ahead.

...there is a HUGE international black market industry in illegal organ transplant. ...The NYT and few other media bring it up from time to time, ie:

Against the organ trade

The organ of last resort

- and a British film covered one aspect of the industry a few years ago - some fairly gritty infotainment called "Dirty Pretty Things."

Dirty Pretty Things:

Okwe, a kind-hearted Nigerian doctor, and Senay, a Turkish chambermaid, work at the same West London hotel. The hotel is run by Senor Sneaky and is the sort of place where dirty business like drug dealing and prostitution takes place. However, when Okwe finds a human heart in one of the toilets, he uncovers something far more sinister than just a common crime.

Amazon: Dirty Pretty Things

The film deals with a compelling subject - the hand-to-mouth existence eked out by the huge numbers of illegal immigrants (and illegally-working immigrants) who do all of the bottom-rung work that nobody else wants to do in a teeming western metropolis. Okwe has two jobs that leave him next to no time for any kind of personal life -- a daytime cab driver and graveyard shift hotel night porter. He tries to resist letting anyone know that he's really a doctor, but his cab boss knows, and this forces him to maintain some low-level ties to the medical community. Later, some detective work at the hotel leads to him discovering a black-market operation in human organs being run by his hotel boss.

IMBD: Dirty Pretty Things (2002)

Also of interest:

Scroll down to Bioethical Issue: Organ Transplantation/Donation and look for the ethics discussion on cloning a personal organ farm. The same issues apply.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sigh, more anti-Jew Rubbish, but stooping to an all time low, baby stealing for organ harvesting

More like a horror story plot than anything remotely plausable, still might suit the agenda of people recruiting Jew haters i guess. Maybe the Islamofascist Jew haters will flock to this maunufactored story like Flys to Poo.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Sigh, more anti-Jew Rubbish,

You obviously did not read any of the references. If you had, you would know that the world trade in illegal organs is recognized as a crisis.

You also would know that this issue has NOTHING to do with racism of any kind.

It's about classism, if anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
IT STINKS!

Human kind is like a monster with 2 faces one of them is the constructive side capable of much good in the world but the other side is what really make the world suck for a lot of people. i blame money as the reason this other face exists.

All the bad things on earth eminate from people trying to aquire more money and more stuf. if there were no more money and everything was free then the world would be a better place, but until this happens we're stuck in our little cesspool

[edit on 12/18/2006 by razor1000]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah Whatever .....

As far as i can read the OP talks about Babies being taken alive for body parts then proceeds to pin it right on a Isreali company.

As i said its just anti Jewish bollocks.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here are a few quick quotes from the references posted above:

Against the organ trade

A GROUP of citizens - doctors, lawyers, journalists, and government representatives - has decided to join forces in a many-sided initiative to halt the commerce in kidneys, which continues to flourish in India in defiance of existing laws and humanitarian values. At a day-long media workshop organised by the BKF-NU Trust and the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) on April 27 in Bangalore on "Human organ donation: medical, legal, social and ethical dimensions", this group of concerned professionals pooled their information and insights on the complex issue of human organ donation and examined strategies to end the inhuman trading in kidneys.

With the demand for kidneys being met by poor donors who are desperate enough to sell parts of their bodies in order to escape indebtedness and hardship, the Government of India, in keeping with international covenants and progressive legislation in place in other societies, banned the practice of organ trade. The Transplantation of Human Organs Act, 1994, was enacted to stop the trade and clear the legal decks to enable a cadaver-based human organ donation programme to be put in place. Seven years later, there is ample evidence in the public domain that the law has singularly failed in stopping the trade.

Looming large on the organ donation scene is the organ trade, an unconscionable and unethical practice that needs to be stamped out. There is ample evidence on the mechanics of this trade; its existence has been acknowledged by the National Human Rights Commission, which on the basis of a recent report in The Hindu has issued a show-cause notice to the Government of Karnataka, the Union Health Ministry and the Medical Council of India asking them to show what action they have taken to stop the trade.

The organ of last resort - Nancy Scheper-Hughes, medical anthropologist at the University of California, Berkeley

Modern medicine has given rise to a booming trade between poor and rich countries - the trade in human organs. But what of the bodies that are being plundered? ...During the summer of 1998, I was sitting at a sidewalk cafe in downtown Sao Paulo with Laudiceia da Silva, who had just requested a legal investigation into the large public hospital where she had "lost" a kidney during an operation to remove an ovarian cyst.

The young woman’s family doctor had discovered the kidney was missing during an examination soon after surgery. When confronted with the information, the hospital representative told a highly improbable story: that Laudiceia’s missing kidney had been embedded in the large “mass” around her cyst. The hospital, however, refused to produce either their medical records or the evidence - the diseased ovary and the kidney had been "discarded," she was told.

...Laudiceia’s brother had been killed in a random act of urban violence several weeks earlier, and the family had arrived at the hospital too late to stop his organs being removed on the basis of Brazil’s new "presumed consent" law. "Poor people like ourselves are losing our organs to the state, one by one," Laudiceia said angrily.

As you can see, the articles are NOT anti-Semitic - overtly or covertly. No idea where you got that one.

But I do know there is a real campaign to hide the illegal trade in human body parts - organs and stem cells - and keep the issue completely out of the public eye.

So no more red herrings and disinformation please. People need to know what's happening.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

As you can see, the articles are NOT anti-Semitic - overtly or covertly. No idea where you got that one.

DO i need to s p e a k really slowly so you can keep up?

I am not talking about any articles, i am talking about the OP who gos right on to pinning this on Israel, where hus evidence ? The baby kidnappings are in Ukraine but he wants to blame Israel ?
And you are going out of your way to be his apologist !

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

DO i need to s p e a k really slowly so you can keep up?

I am not talking about any articles,

I am talking about the issue - which is extremely important.

You are attempting to derail the thread with a red herring. Rudely.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I am talking about the issue - which is extremely important.

You are attempting to derail the thread with a red herring. Rudely.

You are dismissing the OPs anti Jewish jab as Frivilous and for that reason derailing this thread into banter between me and you where as what the OP said is right there in Black and White !

The Issue is what the OP has posted, i am completely within the bounds of realism in critisizing his words yet YOU choose to derail this thread and pretend he didnt say whay he DID say.

Lets drop it !!

If you dont reply to this i wont put another word in this Israel Haters thread!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
NumerCruncher -

IMO - this thread is about the illegal trade in human organs and stem cells. My posts are about the issue - my references and links are solid, and add to the data base.

The first poster addressed the issue, then identified a company as involved, and advised owners to dump their stock - the company happened to be Jewish. Perhaps the poster, BattleofBatoche, is a known racist and commonly posts anti-Jewish messages. If so, I didn't know and certainly don't support racism.

However, I do care about the issue - the illegal trade in human organs and stem cells.

Many posters here work to help suppress public knowledge of the issue by dismissing the trade as "urban legend." I interpreted your posts as meaning you were one of these professional suppressors, and thought you were trying to kill the thread.

If I have erred, please accept my apologies.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's a related story.

Police in India are investigating whether the deaths of at least 17 people, most of them children, could be linked to the human body parts trade.

The victims' skulls and limbs were discovered in a sewer in a Delhi suburb on Friday but many torsos were missing.

The police say they are checking connections between two men they have arrested and a local doctor.

The find provoked fury among nearby slum dwellers, who said police ignored complaints about missing children.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good find grady, thanks. But oh, it is so sad.

From your source:

The first disappearances were reported two years ago but the victims' parents say they were simply ignored.

Most are poor migrants who work as servants in the smart villas that surround their slums.

The people of the area say that many more of their children are still missing.

They are holding photos of their missing children and asking why no-one listened to them earlier.

Even more sadly, this kind of exploitation is occurring all over the world - and the poor are sitting ducks.

...When kids disappear, people tend to focus on the sex trade - but the organ trade is just as big, or even bigger. Some traders profit from both sides - first the sex, then the organs.

And what about the buyers? ...There wouldn't be any illegal trade in sex and organs if there wasn't a market.

top topics

join