It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im bored with UFO/aliens now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hopefully the majority of "ufologists" felt this way at least one point in their careers. Hard to imagine someone going from the known to the unknown without changing their mindset from the mindset they had when first they asked the question.

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Lets face it people, the world will never have contact with another race because they are either to far away, they dont want to have anything
to do with us, or (TAKE A DEEP BREATH) they simply dont exist.

Are these three options the only options available?
You think we will never have contact with another race because:
1) they are too far away
2) they don't want to have anything to do with us
3) they simply don't exist

Lets try something new, but what? cos it seems we have run out of ideas.

It seems we have run out of ideas?

Then let's try something new. But what?

Ask the question that has not been asked, and strive to answer it.

or ......

Try viewing the problem from a different perspective. Try looking at what aliens' agendas may be, and the reasoning behind their intentions. Prehaps some level of empathy and understanding beyond what the human mindset permits..... ... . .....

I think there is more than enough information available to the general public to make their own decision concerning the ufo/alien matters.

People still waiting for disclosure? Funny. Over 50 years ago the single most powerfull public government official said:

"I can assure you that ufos, given that they are real, are constructed by no power on earth."
-- President Harry S. Truman, via presidential press release, 1950

And yet, people are still waiting .......

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

More speculation. You don't know how the government runs any covert operations.

Dude, that�s it, with this last quote that is all you are gonna get from me.

Keep thinking like that, your skepticism has got the better of you. What do you call the CIA, NSA? You really believe that there is no covert operations happening?

Like I said, hasta luego peque�in

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh sorry, I forgot Cabanman your so much more intelligent than I, I shall try to spell your alias correctly. You want to start tit for tat arguments? So shall I.

Which agencies want us to think what and how are YOU aware of this and not me? I'm not intersted in links to other pages, I want YOU to explain it to me in literal terms.

Are you attempting to reveal to me the power of disinfomation? Trying to educate me on this matter. Well don't. I understand it as well as you do. I am not your inferior.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Warning

Let's please cool down the personal remarks towards thesneakiod and inter-member petty bickering.

Everyone is allowed to have a rant every now and again. Heck, we even have our very own Rant forum over on BTS. This one however is subject specific and a fair comment.

What the author is trying to get at is he is annoyed at coming across the same recursive commentary on the UFO/alien argument. Telling him to stop whining or to leave ATS is not a very good attitude to take! (Not to mention personal attacks are not welcome on this website.)

What I would suggest to everyone, if you are fed up with reading the same articles, same arguments, same research, over and over.... get stuck in and bring your own to ATS!

Just because there may be a slow down in this area in terms of what is available to read on websites like ATS DOES NOT mean there has been any actual slow-down in terms of new books being published and new reports being filed with UFO networks across the world.

If you can't find what you're after, do it yourself. That's always been my motto. I couldn't find the type of conspiracy theory network that covered everything I wanted, so I made it!

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SimonGray]

Ram

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I went to the local store to buy some coffe here tonight..

I just saw a small bleep light in the skies.

Not like an electric light - It just faded in and out - It took one second.
So today I saw again what I have seen so many times before...

A small light that fades out in the skies. A blink - a beep.

My first thought was - Did anyone else see it.. I think not - cause noone really looks after them. Does it mean im more intelligent than other people - No - Im just looking for them all the time when im out. Others are not looking - I am.

You know - Copenhagen is full of action tonight - Police fighting all night to cleanse a house - It's called violence - Street riots... I can't help thinking they are attracted to the violence that happends in copenhagen tonight.

I just wonder if the light knew I was looking in that direction - And blinked at me..

Maybe the lights are bored too...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
What do you call the CIA, NSA? You really believe that there is no covert operations happening?

Cabanman, you missed the point again. I didn't say the government doesn't have covert operations. I did say that you or I can't know for sure what they are doing!
Hence that big defenition of SPECULATION at the top of my post!

paulwilliamaskew hit it right on the head. You really think you have it all figured out, thus all your posts speak down to other people. You, alien agenda, and esoteric teacher should all collaberate on a big UFO expose since you have it all figured out already!

[edit on 16/12/2006 by Gunney]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
thesneakiod,

I know alot of people share your frustration, and i am one of them. I also think there is more than enough overlooked evidence streaming through our brains 24/7, but our minds do not always make the correlation that some peices of evidence have anything to do with extraterrestrial visitors.

Many people will battle no matter what against an endless amount of coincidences if there is no substantial proof. And even if disclosure was to be made, would people believe it? Over fifty years ago there was only one superpower with nuclear capability. And what did the leader of the one superpower say?

"I can assure you that ufos, given that they are real, are constructed by no power on earth."
-- President Harry S. Truman, via presidential press release, 1950

But, alas . .... . We are still waiting for disclosure. ..........

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulwilliamaskew
Oh sorry, I forgot Cabanman your so much more intelligent than I, I shall try to spell your alias correctly. You want to start tit for tat arguments? So shall I.

Which agencies want us to think what and how are YOU aware of this and not me? I'm not intersted in links to other pages, I want YOU to explain it to me in literal terms.

Are you attempting to reveal to me the power of disinfomation? Trying to educate me on this matter. Well don't. I understand it as well as you do. I am not your inferior.

Ok let me start with this lesson for you to reflect on. You said that you are a Skeptic, so the smart thing for a believer to do is not argue with a skeptic. Because it is gonna be a debate that will never end. So the wise thing to do is say to the skeptic is, arrivederci!

Why, because "I know something you don't know"

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Let's revisit Simon's post:

Originally posted by SimonGray
Warning

Let's please cool down the personal remarks towards thesneakiod and inter-member petty bickering.

This will be the last verbal warning. Discuss the topic without attacks at other members.

Thank you.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I also think there is more than enough overlooked evidence streaming through our brains 24/7, but our minds do not always make the correlation that some peices of evidence have anything to do with extraterrestrial visitors.

This is just soooo well put! We tend to go blind and we tend to complicate things that in reality is very easy.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To Esoteric Teacher:

(Just to point out to everyone, esoteric means "understood by few" - another great example of a "beliver" under the misconception he is mentally superior to everyone else).

Quoting politicains is useless, I have no interest in what politicians say - and neither should you for obvious reasons. Do you really think one quote from President Truman is going to make me believe you!

Cabanman, the CIA and NSA are interested in fighting Russians and their allies, not aliens. As I asked once already:

Answer me. Or can't you?

Admin edit: removed personal attacks after stating not to earlier!

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have been a longtime lurker, registered not too long ago, and have never posted. I have never had an "experience," nor do I personally know anyone who has claimed to have one. I live in Boston, MA... not exactly a UFO hotbed. As far as I can tell, I don't have any psychic abilities and haven't spent any time meditating towards extraterrestrial streams of information. A little too lazy I guess.

How can I classify myself a believer, then? Well, come on... it's just a choice. I read a lot and use my judgement. After watching all the Disclosure Project material, I think I've come to the conclusion that for most of us, the only thing that's even available for us to believe in... is testimony. I choose to believe that most of those people are telling the truth.

I also believe that the vast majority of the believers on this site don't have a lick more information than I do. It's pretty tiresome to come to that conclusion time after time, I agree... but I still believe. So I read this site to sift through testimony, basically. Like another poster said, you never know when something is going to surface.

Why get mad in the meantime? We're all in the dark. Some of us can even admit it.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
ummm ...back on topic hopefully:

I partially agree with the OP - although I perhaps would choose a word other than "Boredom" to reflect the frustrations. The fact that there is some redundancy and similarity among the grainy, out-of-focus UFO shots we come across at ATS and elsewhere does not necessarily mean that the UFO is, in reality, a small white dot dancing around a black background and nothing more. How can it be? That is no explanation whatsoever. It simply means that no better film footage or record of the incident was made by anyone willing or able to post it to a public forum.

We can not conclude that the dot was 'just a dot'. That is neither complete nor very satisfactory. Nor can we conclude that it was an extraterrrestrial spacecraft. The problem is that in most such UFO incidents observed by the public, there is scant little addition empirical evidence to analyze and from which to draw any more definitive conclusions.

Our aim here is to absorb as many of these "Boring" sightings as willingly come to us and then do our best to explain them or at least 'file' them along with the others. Over time we may see patterns emerge, consistencies in location, altitude, apparent size or brightness, proximity to aircraft - indeed any number of variables.

Again - we may not be able to draw any definitive conclusions from such an exercise, but it may, ultimately, give us another tiny piece of the puzzle to ponder, reflect upon, discuss with others.

For myself - and many others here, I'm sure - I consider it an educational process and therefore I welcome all viewpoints. The overly excited, the immovable skeptic, the clearly biased, the shy, pragmatic, dogmatic, even the bored. I may not agree with their opinions, but if they are sincere and have something to contribute they are welcome. I may learn something from them. They may offer a morsel of truth or an interesting idea I haven't thought of previously.

I believe the OP is not so much bored with UFO/Aliens, as his thread title suggests, as he is with being faced with nothing more definitive after having spent some time exploring and waiting for results.

Patience, patience. I feel your pain. Yet - for the time being there is not much you can do to improve the situation so make the best of it. Observe. Participate. Learn. The alternative would be to disengage. What good would that do?

I can tell you that even the most off-the-wall, esoteric ATS threads have often motivated me to concuct my own follow-up research which uncovered further intriguing tidbits of wisdom, history, science, philosophy. For that I am grateful and is the main reason I will continue to 'hang out' with fellow ATSers anf their sometimes abstruse meanderings.

In the meantime, perhaps a new perspective may do you some good. Without sounding condascending, and with no disrespect, might I suggest that you look at the wealth of material that you see coming through ATS as myriad bales or stacks of hay. Hidden within is the ocassional golden needle, a gem that makes tolerating the rest of the chaff and mud all worthwhile.

Hang in there - you're in the right place...

[edit on 12/16/2006 by Outrageo]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulwilliamaskew
To Esoteric Teacher:

(Just to point out to everyone, esoteric means "understood by few" - another great example of a "beliver" under the misconception he is mentally superior to everyone else).

Thanks for pointing out to everyone what "Esoteric" means.

Source Link:
www.m-w.com...

Etymology: Late Latin esotericus, from Greek esOterikos, from esOterO, comparative of eisO, esO within, from eis into; akin to Greek en in -- more at IN
1 a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group ; broadly : difficult to understand
2 a : limited to a small circle b : PRIVATE, CONFIDENTIAL
3 : of special, rare, or unusual interest

Source/Link:
onlinedictionary.datasegment.com...

esoteric - Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0 :

155 Moby Thesaurus words for "esoteric":
absolute, abstract, abstruse, anagogic, arcane, auricular,
between the lines, between us, cabalic, cabalistic, censored,
certain, classified, close, closed, concealed, concrete,
confidential, covert, cryptic, dark, deep, deep-seated, defined,
definite, delitescent, detailed, determinate, different, distinct,
distinguished, dormant, eerie, enigmatic, especial, exceptional,
express, extramundane, extraordinary, extraterrestrial, fey, fixed,
heavy, hermetic, hibernating, hidden, hush-hush, hypernormal,
hyperphysical, immanent, implanted, implicit, in petto,
inalienable, individual, indwelling, infixed, ingrained, inherent,
inner, inside, internal, intimate, intrinsic, inward, inwrought,
irreducible, latent, lurking, metaphysic, minute, muffled,
mysterious, mystic, not for publication, noteworthy, numinous,
obfuscated, obscured, occult, off the record, otherworldly,
particular, personal, possible, potential, precise, preterhuman,
preternatural, preternormal, pretersensual, private, privileged,
profound, psychic, recondite, resident, respective, restricted,
sealed, secret, several, singular, sleeping, smothered,
solipsistic, special, specific, spiritual, stifled, subjective,
submerged, superhuman, supernatural, supernormal, superphysical,
supersensible, supersensual, suppressed, supramundane,
supranatural, theosophical, theosophist, top secret,
transcendental, transmundane, ulterior, unalienable, unbreatheable,
unchallengeable, under privilege, under security,
under the surface, under wraps, underlying, undisclosable,
undisclosed, undivulgable, undivulged, unearthly, unhuman,
unmanifested, unpublishable, unquestionable, unrevealable,
unrevealed, unspoken, untellable, untold, unutterable, unuttered,
unwhisperable, unworldly, veiled, virtual

Where as you offered the members of this post only ONE accepted definition of "Esoteric", i have offered substantial proof of 158 more accepted terms or words that describe what "Esoteric" could mean.

Do i claim to own a mentallity that is superior to everyone else? No, i don't. But, i would like to demonstrate how my mentallity allowed me to see 150+ more accepted meanings for the word "Esoteric", where as paulwilliamaskew has only presented one accepted definition of the word.

Quoting politicains is useless, I have no interest in what politicians say - and neither should you for obvious reasons. Do you really think one quote from President Truman is going to make me believe you!

Please feel free to pit your credentials against a few hundred more quotes from world leaders, astronauts, and scientists here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just because im tired of the subject does not mean i still believe. Its due to the
laziness of the posts we get here which does nothing to help.

It was only a couple of weeks ago a thread got started about the WTC/UFO
incident that was an advert for sci fi channel. I must of seen that vid being posted here 5 or 6 times, its sloppy, and is not helping the cause at all.

My main gripe is the influx of "evidence" that we get now, There is tons of
it. You have no idea now whats real or fake what with CGI and other tools
that can be used to make anything look UFO related.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Lets try something new, but what? cos it seems we have run out of ideas.

The purpose of my previous post actually validates the purpose of diversity here on our ATS.

Just like looking at a word, such as "Esoteric", which could mean many things outside of what one person may think it means, discounts other possibilities from even being plausible at the time.

thesneakiod said:

"Lets try something new, but what? Because it seems we have run out of ideas

My suggestion is to try to ask the question no one has asked. Perhaps we run out of ideas when we stop acknowledging or recognizing the other possibilities. Like the example of automatically accepting one definition of the word "Esoteric" while automatically discounting any and all other possible meanings of the word.

If ufologists have seemingly run out of new ideas, then perhaps we should re-visit the mindset of the ufologists and try to look at the phenomena through different angles.

Personnally i am intrigued by the contributors here at ATS, and in the ideas, thoughts, and concepts presented by them in the forums, to include this forum, and this thread.

If we need to try something new, i suggest we re-evaluate ourselves and our individual interpretations of what is known, and present new ideas, conjecture, and yes, even speculation.

Perhaps it is a necessity to step outside the normal conformity of humanity to enable us to proceed from the known to the unknown concerning the ufo/alien phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

My main gripe is the influx of "evidence" that we get now, There is tons of
it. You have no idea now whats real or fake what with CGI and other tools
that can be used to make anything look UFO related.

But what if it is our mindset that needs to change? What if it is our individual way of thinking that narrows down the options to: "either this or that".

Let's look at your "main gripe". Of which, i understand fully where you are coming from. But, does this limit our options? I believe it presents a logical reason to see a choice must be made. Since we have no idea now what is real or fake, then do we discount all video "evidence", or attempt to verify by analyzing it all to the Nth degree? If we pick the latter, then we will never stop analyzing so called "evidence", because "new" facts will always be presenting themselves. There will always be a newer way of making a fake even look better. And there will always be new tools available to "nail" hoaxes. So, in this respect the chase is on by both sides of the camp, and technology is always expanding. There in lies a problem, and perhaps a paradox with no easy answer concerning the new "visual" evidence submitted.

I have faith that there is untainted evidence out there, prior to photo-shops, and before computer graphics.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
All i would really have to do is .....

Create "Reasonable Doubt" in regards to poplular opinion

If reasonable doubt exists, then.....

Peoples' inherent skepticism and inner feelings of not trusting strangers (learned from parents by a young age), would most certainly do the rest of the work for me.

"Reasonable doubt" exists so long as there is a way to alter photos. Wonder what organizations were the first to alter pictures?

Governments?

huh. 2 birds, one stone, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I did ask the question of what can we now do? With the reply of "get out there
and do something about it!"

But what can i, or all the other average joes out there who want more really do?
I have a wife and family with a full time job, so im limited. I dont have the time or the resources to do a full time hunt so to speak. So bar from looking up at the skies and coming here every now and then, theres not pretty much more i can do.

If we are being leaked info bit by bit by the government, i dont see it. Nor do i see it in peoples home movies, or in testimonies by people no matter how high up in they are/were in their jobs, no one really knows what their motives are.

I know that people want to believe, because so do i. Its getting to a point though were im thinking:
"what am i really seeing here? Cos i haven't got a clue anymore"

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Dude, who CARES if you are bored with the topic at hand?

Don't talk about it then.

Is this just a lame attempt to get people to respond so that your ATS points go up?

I'm bored with the topic of Taxes.

That's why I don't talk about them.

Sheesh...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join