It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone "claiming their grandfather is a 33 degree mason"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I can 100% confirm that in English Freemasonry there are only ever 33 33rd degree masters at any one time. To be raised to the sublime degree of 33rd another must have died. I have it on good authority that the same goes for all other grand lodges, the US included. Therefore the likelyhood that 'my grandfather was a...' is a load of rubbish.

Just to add a little credance to my comment, I am a freemason myself, the 8th consecutive generation of my family, the highest mason in which was up to around 16 I think. The degrees from 17-31 are 'symbolic' degrees and are conferred on the individual all in one go. So, to confirm, you go from 16-31 in one ceremony (its very long!). Anyone claiming to be a 18th, 19th 20th etc are talking out of their arse.

Hope this clears things up a little.

B

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
mostly right benjj cept my Grandfather was an 18th degree English constitution. degrees are as follows

Craft Masonary
1 - 3 including The Holy Royal Arch

Communicated in Rose Croix
4 - 17

Conferred in Rose Croix

Communicated by Supreme Council
19 - 29

Conferred by Supreme Council
30 - 33

the list dosn't include other side orders.

and I havent typed every degrees name cause it would take ages but if anyones really interested I could post of the informations available elsewhere on the web

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My LATE grandfather was a mason. I am now in possesion of his master mason books.

I was thinking of scanning all the pages and posting them.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

On friday nights, we would sometimes see what appeared to be 'ladies of negotiable affection' arriving at and leaving

*goes out and tries to find a sponsoring member...*

Nah..pay no attention to me...my fiance's been recuperating from a tummy tuck for the past couple weeks...so I'm a little "pent up..."

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Mine was a 32 degree mason. . .mabie 33, don't think so though. . .

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltyBeachedRat
My LATE grandfather was a mason. I am now in possesion of his master mason books.

I was thinking of scanning all the pages and posting them.
Dude!!
You are in a unique position right now... don't get sucked into the secrecy pit....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Everyone has heard it....

Don't lie... there aren't millions of 33 degree masons

I do not believe that everyone here whom has said thier father or grandfather was a 33 degree mason. As 33 degree masons were highly elite and the person knowing them would have great knowledge and power.

Spill the beans... lol my new fav saying

He has said some of the most ignorant things ever recorded on the Senate Floor. Are you telling me that's an act? (=

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My grandpa actually is a 32 degree, but i'm sure a lot of members are making # up, just to post something for some extra points.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
yea and im the queen of England

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yesterday my mother recieved a box of family items from her sister, included among the contents was a Master Mason Diploma (I think it's from the late 1800's) and a Large old Bible, we thought the Bible was a Family bible yet it has no entries. the reason I say 1800's is among other items is a Civil War Honorable Discharge "banner"...very cool, and other period photos and poitrait "drawings".
I know my Grandfather was a Mason, not sure what degree, we had a masonic service when he passed and thats how I found out (i was 15 at the time and it didn't mean much at the time)
Now I find this stuff (30 yrs later) among the old family relics which leads me to believe I've had several generations of Masons in my Family, yet I know nothing about it.
from what I've read from the people who claim to be or defend Masons, I must be a Legacy, heh..I've always tried to help others even if it was a burden to me. Maybe thats what its about, kinda like "trickle down" moral's ?
and , hey, take it easy on me , I'm a noob here..

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
2 grandfathers both 33rd degree

just pay your dues.

1 grandfather is also a shriner.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
I can 100% confirm that in English Freemasonry there are only ever 33 33rd degree masters at any one time. To be raised to the sublime degree of 33rd another must have died. I have it on good authority that the same goes for all other grand lodges, the US included. Therefore the likelyhood that 'my grandfather was a...' is a load of rubbish.

I can only be amused by the above comment. You know nothing of who my grandfather was. He was a great man and city leader. I hate to disappoint you, but I am quite certain he was Master Mason of the 33rd degree.

A word to the wise, know what you speak of before you foul your name with ignorance.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
EastCoastKid,

Rather than enter into such 'high level' talks with you (!) I will instead withdraw to the wings and watch as the enormity of the situation unfolds. As such, we, the members of ATS, are direct decendants (and in masonic terms, 'Lewis's', meaning direct bloodline of a mason) of all of the 33rd degree masons in the world.

An interesting footnote is that there are currently 79 people here on ATS claiming that their Grandparents and so on are 33rd degree conferred in the US. Now, the odds are stacked against anyone making this claim at 79/33 so forgive my scepticism.

If you are still interested in stats I would say that around 80% of what is written on ATS about the Masons is total rubbish. I am not here to re-educate but my actual 'true' experience in this field should be sufficient.

Good luck,

Ben

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by benjj]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

EastCoastKid,

Rather than enter into such 'high level' talks with you (!) I will instead withdraw to the wings and watch as the enormity of the situation unfolds. As such, we, the members of ATS, are direct decendants (and in masonic terms, 'Lewis's', meaning direct bloodline of a mason) of all of the 33rd degree masons in the world.

An interesting footnote is that there are currently 79 people here on ATS claiming that their Grandparents and so on are 33rd degree conferred in the US. Now, the odds are stacked against anyone making this claim at 79/33 so forgive my scepticism.

If you are still interested in stats I would say that around 80% of what is written on ATS about the Masons is total rubbish. I am not here to re-educate but my actual 'true' experience in this field should be sufficient.

Good luck,

Ben

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by benjj]

Believe me or not. It doesn't matter. I joined the discussion because of my personal experience with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Was a cartographer. So there...

P...
m...

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My great uncle was a Buffalo and my brother is a first degree entered apprentice. Thats about it.
(Actually, my dog is a 33rd degree mason but we can't talk about that in case the Illuminati find out
)

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I can 100% confirm that in English Freemasonry there are only ever 33 33rd degree masters at any one time. To be raised to the sublime degree of 33rd another must have died. I have it on good authority that the same goes for all other grand lodges, the US included...

Your authority stops short of the US benjj. There are hundreds of 33� Scottish Rite masons in the Southern Jurisdiction alone. The white hats are all over the place in my Valley (San Bernardino). I wouldn't know about the English Freemasonry end of it as I don't have membership over there

I have found that the ritual in each state can vary tremendously so it seems to me that the rules in different countries can vary widely also. It's all the same but different, ya know what I mean?

BTW, over here the "Sublime Degree" refers to the 3� or Master Mason degree, have you ever traveled?

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by KingSolomon]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
King S,

Yes, I am a travelling man, see some of my other posts for details (though I have never commited to paper or computer my rank).

I appologise for making an assumption of the US Masonic route, over here it has always been 33 33rd(s) at any one time.

Can I presume that you too are on the level?

B

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My father was a 31 in the U.S. but he lost contact when he moved to colombia. I can give you no more info on that.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
My father was a 31 in the U.S. ...

If he was Scottish Rite then he was a 32�. Even in the earlier days these two degrees (31� and 32�) were given on the same day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join