It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i got 105

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I noticed alot of people saying their scores went up over time. Like 20 points from teenage to adult?

Is this right? Or vastly different type of tests.

I've been told it's kind of pointless to test you after development anyway (like after college), but maybe that was just one kind of test. Some say you're supposed to go down in adulthood...it's not a knowledge thing, it's a learning ability thing - isn't it?

Anyway, I had a shrink do mine in HS and he wouldn't tell me the result (long, written, timed test)? Has this happened to anyone? Someone says it's best not to know your score as a kid?

I recently did one on-line (like 20 years later) and got 133, but I know those are BS.

Honestly I felt cheated
because I know bona fide idiots certified 147

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
IQ will never take the place of common sense. I know some who are brilliant in some areas but have no common sense. When someone's imagnation is out their it is difficult for them to the ame stuff a "normal person" does.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't know if I've ever taken an official IQ test, but I've scored anywhere from 126 - 136 on the ones I've taken. I don't know if I believe that crap though. Both of my cousins were gifted students, skipped grades, graduated early, etc. and turned out to be much bigger losers than I am. Although I went just as wild, abused drugs, drove fast, lived dangerously, I've always had more common sense than both of them...or so I've been told. Aptitude tests have placed me in the genius range, in mechanical comprehension. I've always been good at figuring out how things work, no matter what that may be.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Guess my Normal IQ is just about 119. That would be just perfect.

(Edit): But my edited IQ is infact 144

(Edit1): but thescales are way outta time

Mikromarius
With Blessings,,,,,,

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by mikromarius]

Last (r) edit: Kinda made diss world........................

Couldnt say idiots made it now could they??????

Well I could........

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I had taken an IQ test when I was around 6 yrs old, in which I recieved a 136. I thought that was pretty good for a young kid. The bizarre thing is that I never really excelled in school, many of my teachers wanted to place me in gifted courses but even in the normal classes I just did average. I remember feeling bored in many of my classes, and unable to focus because of that.

Of course after finding out that I had ADD in 9th grade that doesnt seem so suprising. Although I did amazingly well in Electronics, Science, and Physics related courses. But then again many of the greatest minds in history had similair problems, it was even believed that many had ADD, hence why it is sometimes referred to as the Edison Complex.

Though I have never taken an IQ test since, possibly out of fear that I may get a lower score, however I do not see it as being entirely accurate in relating to the testing of an individuals IQ.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyone know who things like ADD and dyslexia work when you are tryin to figure out someones IQ, do they get free points?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
here is the link for the BBC test the nation IQ test.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I scored 116 . the average score is between 90 and 110 so I'm quite content with mine.
I did find however that as it is timed that I answered some questions without taking as much time as I should because I panicked about running out of time. I'm sure that I would have done better if I'd taken my time , so keep that in mind if you do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i don't believe in IQ tests.. do i get points?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
how about this

test.thespark.com...

it's an un-telligent test.

I scored below the average 60% , only scoring 48%

men seem to be more untelligent that women according to this test.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
IQ don't mean # to me, but...

I was tested when I was 14 years old in connection with a Psychiatrist I was seeing because of my concentration problems in school, hehe. I scored 125+

1 year ago I was tested before I was called in to the Norwegian military. I scored 6 of 9 on Basic logic and math, and 7 of 9 on Practical Physics and Technical knowledge. Between 3 and 5 is average for new recruits. I was advised not to refuse the military, but I did anyway.

A friend of mine scored 9/9 on both. He was asked to start a career as an officer right away, hehe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join