It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
also took part in the beeb one and i got a 138 which i'm proud of becuase i am dyslexic i thought i would get lower but in a sense it realy helped me

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The most recent official test I took, which was last spring, I scored a 158 on. I'm fairly proud of that, although I don't see an IQ as a fair way to judge a person.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
mine was 69.

lol,
actually i tested at 141.
but # it, i like being stupid.
no brain, no pain.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
* I always thought Nerdling was smarter than David. I was right.
[Edited on 14-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

Thanks...i think

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

But I never have joined. Do you feel you get some benefit from it? If so, I will join.

Bingo, same here...never saw the need in it... Besides, I'm nowhere near as smart as my IQ tests indicate...I know my limits, hehe....

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
With all these geniuses around here we should have all this conspiracy stuff figured out by the end of the weekend.

LOL!

Ain't it the truuuuuth!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I took the test and was staffed gifted though that was after 3rd grade. It was the full blown IQ test though I think it took about an hour. Sad thing my mom has never told me what it is though I think it is about 136.

THENEO:

I agree how come we still can't figure this stuff out.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"no brain, no pain"

I kinda like that. In same way I like "ignorance is bliss".

Sometimes. Not all the times.

A great quote from Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.
(similar to 'no brain no pain')
I think it was somthing along the lines of "He who turns himself into a beast escape the pain of being a man"
Not sure.

About the IQ. It's not that revelant anyway. Can't remember mine, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fit in MENSA, with all the drugs I did in high school. Plus, being 'intelectual' and being 'intelligent' are two different thing I think. You have the right to disagree.
Sometimes all you need is being 'opportunist' anyway...

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I took it when i was a little kid. I was later told that I got a 158. I took a test in the middle of college and i got a 99: pre-normal intelligence. Now here's the thing:

Your IQ literally doesn't matter. Period. What matter is what you do with yourself and you smarts. That's all.

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just tested myself and got a 200! oH WAIT, THAT WAS MY sat SCORE...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about the Mensa scale number, but I've been tested with excellence many times. In school I scored above normal, in the army I scored full pot, on a Mensa calibrated test, I scored above average Mensa, they even wanted me and a friendin to form a society in my hometown, but I see Mensa as a lame organisation, so we didn't proceed. I do love riddles. And my strengths are music and language. Never cared much for math except geometry. My psychologist hinted that he wanted to test my brain again, but I don't know when that'll be. In school my grades were just about normal, though I never did much homework. Used to read through pensum before an exam, and it was enough to give me an OK grade. Never saw the point in repetition after repetition. If you do that you'd believe anything. However, if there was a thing I didn't understand right away, I studied until I understood it.

Afterall, trees doesn't need to study to carry good fruit, they need good soil, love and caring, light, water and a little poop now and then, and chalk and ashes is good for the soil etc. etc. If you understood me correctly here, you would understand that you can't become truely wise unless you are cared for. A wise gardener cuts off the shoots that shoot up against the sky and trim the branches, he diggs around it, maybe he even adds some fertiliser, waters it just enough etc. Year after year until it carries good fruit. But if the tree still doesn't carry good fruit, the wise gardener cuts it down. A friend of mine has a wine garden, and it carries much fruit. My friend hopes it yields good fruit, for he has cared for it and given it all his love, time and time again.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Your IQ literally doesn't matter. Period. What matter is what you do with yourself and you smarts. That's all.
[Edited on 18-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

That's right. I see IQ as only some kind of "clue of potential". One might have a high IQ, and still waste it being totally stupid and ignorant. One can start from really not much and learn lots of usefull stuff.

Having a high IQ doesn't automaticly makes you a genius. You have to develop it and learn to use it.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
here's a good IQ site, i took this about 2 mths ago and came out with an IQ of 134

here were some of the results i received back-
you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. You're smartest when it comes to Social Intelligence.
People who score highly in social intelligence may be healthier than their less socially intelligent peers. This is true because people who have stronger relationships and wider social networks tend to be less susceptible to illness than lonely people.
You are an Insightful Linguist. This means you have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual talents of an artist. You also have a creative and expressive mind.

Not bad for a Woman huh? lol

anyways, you may like this, its a fun site:

www.emode.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you want an IQ score that has some validity, your test should be done with a stop watch. If you do online tests, print them out and follow the instructions on how much time you have available. Time is the most important factor when it comes to IQ tests. IQ stands for Intelligence Quotient. Even a dork would be able to get a score of 200+ if they brake the time limit. IQ is a scale that says something about how good you are at solving simple riddles fast. The best tip I can give you is that you jump over everything you don't understand right away, solve what comes naturally first, and wait with the difficult ones to the end.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

xn

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I had 45 minutes and I scored 212 (thanks to the logic part of the test). I think it's kinda funny how almost everyone here is scoring so high. Pretty soon the average IQ will be like 160.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I got a 129. It doesn't measure up to some of the others here, but you know, for a guy who barely graduated high-school, I think I'm doing fine...I just sold a history paper today for ten bucks....I maybe spent half an hour on it, so that's cool...............................okay. I think I'm done talking..

*wanders away, whistling*

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When I was going in to 9th grade the school wanted to hold me back so the gave me a series of tests. One of them was an IQ test. When I turned 18 they gave me the results, I got a 154. I haven't taken one lately though.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I did a test a while ago. I think my score was around 130.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What is the big deal about IQ?

I never took it though. What kind of questions are in there?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Exactly... what is the big deal.. I was in LD classes when i was young because I had a attention problem because not blowing my horn, but I found classes boring because they never taught what I wanted to learn. It was not that I was stupid, it was that I am only interested in cetain things... They first thought it was because I had a low IQ, but when tested, I scored a 159 which totally shattered their thoughts... I am a science freak and that is really all... Cannot stand math, english history... nothing.. So to some, just because I might spell a word wrong here or there, they think i am stupid... Like to try to get them to tell me something about science that I don't know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join