It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Right im not sure where to put this, but i thought id put it in here cause we would get better scores i hope!

What is your IQ:

Mine is 147 and im a member of mensa in the UK

Have any of you tested you IQ and if so what scores did you get?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oooh mister fancy with his 147 and his MENSA, OOoooh I'm so impressed. *breaks down sobbing, racked with his own inferiority*

I got tested when I was very young, and to the best of my knowledge got a 140-something, can't properly remember. I refuse to take those inaccurate online ones though, they are not the real deal.

I've also most likely gotten stupider since i took my last test

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
LOL I am not a member of the "highly respected" MENSA
, but I do have alot of mensa books (puzzles, code breaking problems, ect)

IQ = 133

I have taken 3 credible iq tests. The first 2 I took when I was 17. I recieved 130 on the first one... 142 on the second one. The third and most complicated one I took was at www.highiqsociety.com This test I only scored a 128 (with a 126+ you can join the "highiqsociety") for a one time membership of 60$ or something. I haven't joined but I may at a later date just to see what kind of activities go on there.

[Edited on 11-13-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
(with a 126+ you can join the "highiqsociety") for a one time membership of 60$ or something. I haven't joined but I may at a later date just to see what kind of activities go on there.

[Edited on 11-13-2003 by CPYKOmega]

Yeah, I got that too, I didn't join, I figured it was just some guys trying to make some money. Apparently they send you a nice certificate, not sure what else it gets you.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My IQ is 131 according to the most recent test. With my greatest strength being verbal skills.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
but I've had 5 concussions since that test.

I don't really think the concussions have had much effect on ----

OooooOOOOOOOOOH! SHINY!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have qualified for the Mensa in 4 ways:

IQ - 142+ (I don't remember the exact number, it was 1986, and also the administrator said it wasn't the full blown IQ test - it took like 30 minutes or so, I don't know how long the full-blown takes. I just remember it was a range starting at 142 to something.)

ACT score

GRE score

GMAT score

But I never have joined. Do you feel you get some benefit from it? If so, I will join. I have to pay dues for my Professional Engineering license. Then dues on my AIAA membership. Then dues on my SPE membership. And Tau Beta Pi always hits me up every year, even though I have a lifetime membership. So, I'm not doing it if the only thing I'm paying for is to say "I'm in Mensa".

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The last time I took my IQ it was 68.
Thats right Im not that bright but who cares anyways
Im not out to impress anyone.

Mark

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
But you DO impress me, MO! And I say that with all sincerity. And in light of the fact you have deprived me of my beloved dancing chicken for nigh on three months, you should know that I am being forthright!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks Val. Im impressed by you too. My chicken died a terrible horrible death. A certain Witch doctor snapped my chickens neck so he could tell someones fortune or something. I guess he didnt know it was a special chicken. Oh well I miss tha chicken too.

Maybe he will be reincarnated

Mark

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If I remember correctly I got 145+ in my last IQ test. I can't remember the exact number but I know it was more than 145. I'll have to check to be sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I was tested twice. For those that know Mensa guidelines, you'll know why.

Never joined... they were dull.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess that answers some things for me. I wondered about that. I guess I opted to be vivacious!

Okay, give me the skinny on this William. Does this mean that once you turn in your preliminary qualifications that you then re-test?

This is interesting.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I guess mine is fairly sure... The last test I took rendered a 158... The previous one was a 156... So I guess I am a solid 157.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

HEHE... It must be so high that writing it down in the forum would send shockwaves through the eyes of all us mediocre minded fools.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

Hey William... that means you either scored over a 145 or under a 90...LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
An IQ score is completely meaningless unless you are aware of the validity of the method used to assess the construct of "intelligence". Was the test designed to assess a normal or skewed populaton? How well do you compare to the demographics of the normative sample? Your performance on bonafide statistically-sound intelligence measures is compared to the normative sample. If you differ too much from the sample, there is less statistical confidence in the validity of your IQ score. Accordingly, your "true score" could be much higher or lower depending.

You are not a number, numbers simply can't grasp the entire magnificence of the human being =)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't feel the need to toot my own horn.
Lets just say I have a mind and I use it, and leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I took part in the test the good old beeb did a while back and got 113! I'm happy with that as I never did go to skool. Well I tell a lie, I did go to school just had crap teachers and never learned anything of use. I feel cheated by the education system

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You are not a number, numbers simply can't grasp the entire magnificence of the human being =)

Yeah....I like that MKULTRA

Sorry no numbers here, but I rode the long bus to school

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join