It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Boards: Fact & Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The Traditional Oija Board:

I'd like to seperate the facts from myths about the board. My questions:
1) Does the board after sucessfully contacting an 'entity' result in any demonic issues (Hiding it, burning it and later returns to haunt you etc)?
2) Does the board result in bad karma?
3) Does the board really contact spirits (entitys, ghosts, aliens??)?
4) Does the board have scientific explanations that denys it to be a tool of communication to an entity?
5) Does the board have scientific explanations that supports it?

Anyone with questions or feedback about the Ouija board and/or questions I've stated please give valid claims (encouraged). Also, those who have tried the Oija board please give us your success story (if successful) and oppinions! No, I have not tried the Ouija Board.

Thanks

[edit on 9-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A search of ATS for Ouija Board shows that there are
about 10 threads on this topic. Most of your questions
are probably answered in them.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Each person you talk to on here will probobly have there own answers to these questions, but heres my feedback

1) Does the board after sucessfully contacting an 'entity' result in any demonic issues (Hiding it, burning it and later returns to haunt you etc)?
Demonic? that depends, i've never talked to something that seemed demonic, (keyword being seemed,) but where i do have contact, spirits begin to be a bit more open about there presense
ie: doors open/close, ocassional tapping (though this is usually there, most people dont hear it till they are listening for it)

This is very debateable, i dont believe in karma so much, so i would say no

Some demons AND/OR angels OR ghosts, OR the inner self, some believe its some mixture of the 4. I believe that it may contact spirits, demons and guardians
ie: i've talked to a demon who possesed a friend, a guardian who helped rid us of that demon, and once a ghost.

4) Does the board have scientific explanations that denys it to be a tool of communication to an entity?
Yes, some believe that the plankett moves where our subconcious tells it to go. and because these are subconcious thoughts, we believe that they are not our own words.

That support it as a device to talk to the dead? none that i know

Hope that helped, and remember im not an expert, nor are my ideas whats "right"

Just as a heads up though, do NOT conduct a seance to use the ouija, it may amplify your results, but that will come at great risk.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamRi890
Each person you talk to on here will probobly have there own answers to these questions, but heres my feedback

Thank you for your feedback =) Someday I may just consider giving the Ouiji board a try, after careful consideration of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
We always used it as a fun game when we had people staying over. I believe it works, but on a subconcious level... ie: spirits arent moving the planchet, you are. You just don't realize it. And that's what makes it fun.
Some people are more open to spirits and such and they probably do experience manifestations, but I don't think that would be the most common results.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

In my case, yes; burned the board twice and was compelled to go out and buy another.

I don't believe in the classic definition of karma, however, I believe that prolonged use of any means to contact "dark forces" will result in spiritual oppression and other consequences.

I believe that it does; not ghosts or aliens or "guardians", but dark dangerous and hurtful spirits, although, they may represent themselves as friendly and helpful.

Yes. As stated in a previous post, it is claimed to be strictly caused by subconsious auto-suggestion. However, science takes a dim view of anything supernatural, so what do you expect?

no, for the very same reason given above.

Although, ouija boards are marketed as toys and party fun they are dangerous; you may not notice any untoward effects or problems if you use it once but on the other hand, once is all it takes. I will say this: the prolonged usage of any type of medium-like activity, whether it be ouija board, seances, etc can cause problems for yourself and those you care about that can last for years.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormrider

penn and teller did a show about the oija board.

youtube video pt 1
www.youtube.com...

youtube video pt 2
www.youtube.com...

youtube video pt 3
www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What usually happens when fools mess around with them is that entities are summoned, but don't communicate. The reason they do this is because if you know they're there, you will send them back, and they must obey you when you do this.

They know that if you believe nothing has happened, you won't send them back. Then things start going bump in the night.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The Traditional Oija Board:

I'd like to seperate the facts from myths about the board. My questions:

Tried Ouija boards loads when I was in my teens and it never worked, glass did'nt move at all.
When i was about 18, i used to stay at my bezzie mates Aunts house. She used the Ouija a lot and claimed to be a bit 'sensitive'.
We had approx 5 sessions on the board, lasting about 3 hours each, with her Aunt present where the glass most definately moved.
1) None whatsoever. Other than creeping myself out because the room i slept in after doing these sessions had a huge framed photo on the wall of the Aunts dead brother. He was just one of the many people we spoke with through the board, and his eyes followed me round the room!

2) Not that i am aware of
3) Who knows? The Aunt had regular conversations with someone claiming to be her brother and she was convinced. On each occasion someone would come through asking to speak to me, however compared to the previous spirit i mentioned, this one was harder to talk to, much more limited vocab. After a few visits, she was able to tell us that the message was not for me but my Dad. It seems that they knew each other when they were roughly 5 or 6 and played together in a big group of kids in the small village in Glasgow where he is from. Her only message seemed to be ' does he remember me?' She claimed to have drowned aged 5. This was all news to me, i was not born in Scotland, Dad has lived in England since he was 18. Next day when i asked him, he did remember a young girl who drowned in the local pond when he was very young but could not remember her name. She told me it was Hettie. Will never forget that name!
4 & 5) Dunno but honestly, its like anything wierd, if it happened to you who cares what science thinks, you know what you saw/heard/felt.

Having said all that, Ouija boards are not to be taken lightly and if you can have a 'sensitive' person present then do.
Everytime we used the board, if the Aunt left the room, the glass would just stop. If she came back into the room but did not rejoin the table session it would start moving again. If she sat amongst us to participate it almost went too fast to keep your fingers on it.
Oh yeah just remembered, the family member we spoke to through the board, talked about my bf Jason. No bf at the time and did'nt know any Jasons. Met one a year later and we were together 15 yrs.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've never read about the detrimental effects of using a ouija board before I attempted to use it when I was 16 or so.

Nothing happened, no one responded to me.

Then I spent the next few months living in complete fear of all the noises that came out in the night.

One day, my grandma came over and since there wasn't another room she stayed with me. I gave her my bed and I slept on a mattress on the floor. Come morning she says to me: Your bed is haunted you know. They wouldn't leave me alone.

So after she says that I decided to sleep in a different place in my room, I slept better, then got visited by a dark entity in the middle of the night and woke up crying. My neighbors kids who was also sensitive to these things reported seing a dark form that looked male but had no distinct details. He was scared out of his wits.

I could never sleep properly no matter how hard I tried after that.

It all stopped when we moved into another house and I promised God I'd never play with that stuff again : /

So yea...when people tell you the ouija board is dangerous. There is a reason for it.
You can call those things whatever you want, demons, angels, doesn't matter. What matters is lots of idiot people such as myself have tampered with it only to have gotten themselves into a lot of trouble later on. Trust me on this one...its evil.
edit on 3-7-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join