It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can one be conscious enough to re-program their own dna?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide

Why not? There is a path from the conscious mind to the genetic mind. I suppose in order to use the genetic mind, one only needs to think like a cell...

No?

perfectly articulated words. great post PollyPeptide.

thank you.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Is it possible enough to attain a level of consciousness, a level of self awareness, that permits one to alter their own cell's genetic code?

i'm talking about a person taking information that resides in each and every cell of their body, and simply deleting it, like a computer file into your trash ben.. . .

i looked up the human genome project @
www.ornl.gov...

they lay out some info....there are 20-25,000 genes in human DNA
they also state...there are ~+3billion chemical base 'pairs' in human DNA

it took mega computing & many many labs dedicated to finding base-pair sequences all of 13 years to actually 'read' the whole DNA sequence of+3Billion pairs of C,A,T,G chemicals which make up our DNA sequence=genome

True.

but what if you (the macro-organism) choose to listen to the cells (the micro-organisms) that comprise the whole?

perhaps cells communicate with the living creatures that dwell within them?

perhaps the cells' organisms that re-sequence dna, listen to the cells?

you look in a mirror, and see only "One"?

yet, all those cells that comprised that thought ask:

"if i am zero self aware, and zero consciousness, and zero intelligence, then how can all these zeros add up to make only "One"?"

your cells may ask you:
"if all we are is zeros, then no matter how many you add together, why are you not a zero as well?"

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepperslappy
The human mind cannot change the genetic code. Someone else said its like shapeshifting. Everything we are is in our genetic code. We change one thing wrong we will die and no longer exist. Like you said human nature is self preservation.

Wrong answer. Esoteric Teacher is right. As one begins to unfold to their true potential and begin discovering the sychronized way of life around them, they start to understand their own mental mechanisms. In a way, you learn what is real and what is not. You can certainly then learn to discharge foibles and charactoristics that are not in tune with your rising frequency. I am speaking from experience when I say that I have been developing into my true self for about a decade now and I have attained certain gifts that are impossible to define.

Our minds are masterable. And when you start to feel like you are in control of your destiny as an eternal spririt, you will quickly see the possibilities. If you don't think it is true, you have work to do. Simply put.

AAC

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a few day's now, and I have a few comments I'd like to add in.

Although I've never been able to physically alter my cellular structure by thought alone, I am certain I communicate with it. A good example of how we communicate with cells would be the old saying, "laughter is the best medicine." When we are ill, if we keep our spirits up, the recovery process is quick. On the other hand when we are in good health and become depressed, we begin to feel the depression physically (eventually causing/aiding illness). This comes from experience, I used to suffer from depression and would alway's be physically sick. However now I don't get sick near as often as back then. Not because I'm cured of my depression, but because I've accepted it and consciously choose remain positive when it strikes.

I've also came to the conclusion in recent thought that when I think, it's not just the mind but all the cells in me. My entire conscious experience is happening not just to me the observer. It happens to all the observers of me (my cells) and we all collaberate the experience to make me... (I'm having trouble communicating this, someone help!)

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I definitely think that the mental state and level of consciousness has a lot to do with maintaining physical health, having certain powers (physical, mental, or spiritual), and can be used to tap into sources which science has yet to prove or define. I'm not really sure it's possible for a person to alter their physical dna with thought alone...if someone were enlightened enough to the point where they *could* do that, they would most likely realize *not* to do it because it would not serve any purpose, or certainly not any good or natural purpose.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

choose remain positive when it strikes.

excellent advice.

I've also came to the conclusion in recent thought that when I think, it's not just the mind but all the cells in me. My entire conscious experience is happening not just to me the observer. It happens to all the observers of me (my cells) and we all collaberate the experience to make me... (I'm having trouble communicating this, someone help!)

i think fear blocks the way.

i think fear, and fear of bing alone, and all the masks of fear are witholding your words from you. i think i can help.

fear of being a schitzo? fear of multiple personality "Dissorder"?

what is wrong with a multi-tasking mind?

fear of being labelled as insane?

insane means to reside within one's own mind, correct? if so, in order for one to label you as insane, is it not a pre-requisite that they observe you from within your own minds? and, if they are in your own mind observing you, aren't they OUT OF THEIR MINDS???

zero plus zero plus zero plus a billion zeros is one, but how?
we curse ourselves (our cells) with mere thoughts. yield to them, and they shall, have, will yield to you as well.

what are emotions?

answer:
neuro-peptides, small protien strands developed by the hypothalmus, a gland within the brain located approximatley 3 inches into the back of your skull.

neuro-peptides are microscopic protiens that are delivered to the cells of the body.

each cell has multiple receptors, but receptors adapted for specific neuro-peptides.

now, here is the tricky part:

if a cell gets bombarded by too many negative neuro-peptides, say the ones for sadness, lonleyness, or victimization, then they become addicted to it.

with every massive dose of neuro-peptides the cell may adapt the cellular dna to evolve to a cell that can take the neuro-peptides being delivered.

so, for instance, if a cell (normally millions of receptors) ... if a cell started with 10 receptors, 8 of which are for the food it needs, and 2 for accepting emotional messages .. . .

and a cell that lives 30 days is bombarded with the same "victimization" neuro-peptide signals. .. .

then, when that cell has a sister cell through mitosis, then the new cell may have 7 receptors for the food it needs, and now 3 receptors for the messages it has been sent most.

through the course of a person's life, if they have conditioned their cells to the point where they have cells that are addicted to the same neuro-peptides they have been bombarded with the most "victimization", then they now have cells that have 9 receptors dedicated to accepting neur-peptides, and only 1 receptor for food, that it needs.

at this point, what good does a diet do, when the cells are no longer capable of accepting the food they need?

look at skin cells for instance. why does skin get wrinkled?

the cells are not capable of accepting the neuro-peptide or protien called "elastin". why? because the cells have adapted to have more receptors for the emotions that one has become addicted to "negative emotions", and no longer has the capability of recieving the elastin, because a sufficient amount of receptors no longer exists on the wall of the cell.

what does this mean?

this means, because people feel like the victim all the time, always feeling:

fear, alone, sadness, sorrows, hate, guilt, shame, and fear again. . .. . . .

we are killing the capability for our cells to endure mitosis effectively, and also slowly conditioning our cells to not have the mouths to feed themselves.

in short:

we may be immortal, or most certainly capable of living lives that are a lot longer, but we are killing ourselves because of our fear and hate, and our failure to resolve those fears and hates within our own minds, before we manifest them in a shared reality.

every human on this planet is, was, and has been conditioning their cells for death by getting them addicted to protiens our bodies create when we feel victimized.

what is an addiction?
simple, something you can not stop.

can we program our cells to accept emotions, without permitting our cells to gradually change into something that can not accept food because it no longer has the receptors neccesary to take in the nutrients it needs?

i believe so. so, how conscious must one be in order to re-program their own dna?
how conscious must one be in order to tell their cells that they are killing us?

conscious enough to listen to our cells, who are telling us that we are killing them, i suppose.

am i insane?
am i multi-personality dissorder?
am i crazy?

come here and debate me, i have some words for those who think this is not their truth.

PollyPeptide

there, does that help?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great Post Above Esoteric Teacher!

"You have voted Esoteric Teacher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Do you, by any chance, teach at a school anywhere? University maybe? Just curious.. I always enjoy reading your posts as they always enlighten me in a way....

If i have time later on, Ill contribute to the thread...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prideless
Great Post Above Esoteric Teacher!

i thank you for the compliment, but i would not know anything if i had not learned to listen to people.

Do you, by any chance, teach at a school anywhere? University maybe? Just curious.. I always enjoy reading your posts as they always enlighten me in a way....

i am glad to hear i help, and i pray i do not fail you.

i do not teach, persay, at any university. i have no degrees, i am proud to say.

i am a firefighter in the united states air force, over 8 years now, with 2+ years in war zones.

before that i worked mostly with skilled care developmentally dissabled children and an ajdacent psychiatric ward.

i also worked at a "slaughter house" for hogs, and one summer i worked weekends as a male stripper.

now i just work as best i can. i enjoy the hobby of seeking the end to speculation, altogether. that does not keep me board, and i find it to be fun.

thanks again for your kind words. you made my entire day.

thanks again,
john

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Anyone of you hear of Dr Leary and his 8 brain circuits???

He states that 7ths brain circuit is neuro genetic: which means it can read signals from RNA - DNA dialogue in your body.

It is in the right brain, and in the "other" 90 % of brain which humans normally don't use. And it can be activated, i activated my 7th circuit and read my genetic make up.

However i don't think we have evolved yet to the point where we can alter our genes easily. I think it ight be possible in the future.

For now, 7th circuit is only "read" mode, not "write"

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
E.T.
Now thats a lot to think about! It most certainly has helped, not so much in my being able to communicate my thoughts, but in my overall veiw of myself.

Indeed, I have fear. Fear of rejection. I get hung up thinking, "maybe people will think I'm stupid, or crazy, or just plain wrong." After reading your post I've concluded that none of that is relevent. I've also found a few new interesting things more associated to the topic.

Two nights ago, I was in meditation attempting communications with my cellular structure. Although I did not find the ability to morph my physical being, I did notice a most unusual sensation. Starting in my fingers and working it's way up my hand and arm, I started feeling like I was assembled. It was like my hand was made up of millions of tiny little bubbles. That sensation slowly made it's way through my whole body and as it did, I began to feel ... not-real. It was like the center of my mind was no longer in my head, but all around my body. It was a most unusual sensation indeed.

Then lastnight in a similar meditation, I focused on my hypothalmus. I was imagining it pumping out all these neuro-peptides and eventually I could almost hear it. Like a heart beat, only in the back of my head. At this point, I brought in an image from my day. I had a good time at work, and so I thought of having a good time. Right then and there, my body was flushed with this strange tingling. Similar to the feeling one might experience when they hear an inspirational song, or after having a moment of great realization.

Both experiences were quite amazing, and I intend on exploring them further.

So I wonder, is this what you mean by re-programming dna? By letting your cells know you're aware of them? Moreso, is it that simple?

Finnally, I was thinking that if we are indeed aware of our cellular structure and able to simply "feel" them individually, we should in fact be able to have our will affect them. I was dead tired when I began lastnights meditation, but after the weird sensation, I felt revitalized. As though I'd slept a good 14 hours! (needless to say, I stayed up all night
) All being said, we may not be able to alter our physical form but perhaps we can affect our overall development. If one was so inclined, it would seem possible to heal a wound by thought alone. Or get our hair to grow where we are balding, or even stop a tumor from spreading...

You are a most inspiring person, Esoteric Teacher. I look forward to sharing my insights on this (and other topics..) with you and hearing all you have to say.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Great question.

Absolutely yes, imo - one can consciously re-program their DNA. One also can change cell growth - never mind blood pressure - and repair (or damage) one's own cells by using the mind.

Problem is - it takes TIME to override the effects of all that pesky environmental contamination.

I think one of the reasons everyone is so unhealthy in this world is that we just don't take the time to let our minds fix our bodies, in the way earlier, healthier cultures have done. On top of that, we also assault our minds, bodies and cells in a way and to a degree never before accomplished.

Here's something I filed earlier today - meant to start a thread with it, but you can have it for now.

"Transgeneration memory of stress in plants"

Seven Faculty of 1000 Biology Members have recently singled out an Exceptional Broad Impact Paper that is of high relevance to researchers working in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Ecology, Genomics & Genetics, and Plant Biology.

"This fascinating study shows that stressors such as UV-C and pathogens lead to increased recombination not only in the stressed plants but, surprisingly so, also in the offspring." comments Joachim Kurtz (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), a Faculty of 1000 Biology Member for Ecology.

Liz Dennis (CSIRO, Australia), a Plant Biology Faculty Member, opines "Transgeneration memory of stress in plants' demands a major shift in our thinking about genetics and gene expression."

Another Faculty of 1000 Biology Member for Plant Biology, Sandra Knapp (The Natural History Museum, UK), remarks "...that Jean Baptiste Lamarck - a long scoffed-at pre-Darwinian - may have been right after all."

I'd say this paper supports your suggestion. And leaping right along, I'd also say it's rather ancient knowledge - as evidenced by that old saying, "If you want to increase your powers, increase your need."

Isn't it interesting how many "superstitions" turn out to be true, in such a literal way?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So I wonder, is this what you mean by re-programming dna? By letting your cells know you're aware of them? Moreso, is it that simple?

it is but one door. just a thing, nothing more. by letting your cells know you're aware of them, is but one door. i have found so many many many more. i share at speed i am allowed, i am not permitted to be too loud.

many cells must learn to share. for each and for many it is too much a dare.

i have a secret i will share, the core the first sin that did dare:

the sperm had a law it had to obey: "self preservation".

the egg had a law it had to obey: "self preservation".

without a third som thing to share, how can "self preservation" plus "self preservation" ever be fair?

if all that began was "self preserve" + "self preserve" how did anyone get out here?

those 2, your conception, never complete. not from your head, not from your feet. however for you, i see two hands meet?

here is a thing, deeper and deeper still:

if one cell was "self preserve",
and another cell was "self preserve"?

and only 2 cells existed?

then life was incomplete, a third from the future, a throne, a seat.

Finnally, I was thinking that if we are indeed aware of our cellular structure and able to simply "feel" them individually, we should in fact be able to have our will affect them.

carefull my love. i know a thing. your will is there will, and there will is yours still. it is more of a collaboration, one that will thrill. careful my love, tommorrows can spill, into your mind like a poisonous pill.

approach everything slowly, gently, softly. approach everything with only the truth, and the truth of your people. agree to terms:

"i acknowledge you. i recognize you. i accept you for who you are. i love you for who you are. i approach in the nude, armed only with my truth, which is the truth of my people, for they are all the truth i have ever heard of. i come slowly, gently, softly. i approach you in the nude armed only with my truth, and the words of truth, to see if this truth is compatible with your truth. i will acknowledge you. i will recognize you. i will accept you for who you are. i will love you for who you are. i will do all these things for you, if you shall do them for me. if i show you my truth, as i am, then you show me your truth as you are. together we shall see where truth is, and how far."

i hope you find some meaning to these words. i trust my truth may find a place compatible with your truths.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I not only believe it is possible, but know it is possible. Since I have been doing it, my body craves large amounts of cod liver oil capsules. I focus on building up the anti-oxidants in my blood.

It has nothing to do with vanity; I believe in each one of us that we are capable of regenerating certain cells within the body. I am 43, and I have had people mistake me for a lot younger. I met another woman the same age as me, and she had to show proof of her age.

Wrinkles are related to the environment. For example, if you smoke frequently, drink frequently, or sunbathe often, you are leaving your cells vulnerable.

So, yes, I believe with practice; thought can be used to alter dna.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
I'm not going to say that i necessarily altered my DNA so to speak, but i did hear about this DNA reprogramming thing on the internet a few years back. The person writing the article said that he focused his mind onto altering (reprogramming) his DNA so that he wouldn't get sick anymore, a few months after that he couldn't get sick, not even if he tried.

I decided after some contemplation that i would give it a shot. That was about two years ago, and i haven't been sick since. This could just be my strong willed nature giving me a boost in white blood cells, i'm not really sure what it is. All I know is that i tried the DNA reprogramming not to get sick and i haven't been sick since i did it.

I have willed myself to do this, actually. When I was first learning and absorbing all of the conspiracy-related and metaphysical information, I decided to test some. I haven't ben sick since then, and it has been over 4 years. I even prove it to people. I'll get someone I know that is sick and drink after them, kiss my girlfriend when she is sick, etc. It just can't happen to me anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by Pepperslappy
The human mind cannot change the genetic code. Someone else said its like shapeshifting. Everything we are is in our genetic code. We change one thing wrong we will die and no longer exist. Like you said human nature is self preservation.

Wrong answer. Esoteric Teacher is right. As one begins to unfold to their true potential and begin discovering the sychronized way of life around them, they start to understand their own mental mechanisms. In a way, you learn what is real and what is not. You can certainly then learn to discharge foibles and charactoristics that are not in tune with your rising frequency. I am speaking from experience when I say that I have been developing into my true self for about a decade now and I have attained certain gifts that are impossible to define.

Our minds are masterable. And when you start to feel like you are in control of your destiny as an eternal spririt, you will quickly see the possibilities. If you don't think it is true, you have work to do. Simply put.

AAC
AAC is definitly correct. I also have gifts that I try to explain, but cannot. Nothing can. Also, I create my own destiny conciously.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
I also have gifts that I try to explain, but cannot. Nothing can.

I understand how you feel. Sometimes the need for words and language actually hinder our communication because the concepts are so abstract that the our vocabulary is perhaps not evolved enough. Sometimes the words do not exist, yet we still know a thing.

I believe EVERY individual has unique gifts. Although i'm uncertain if the barriers are always the same that keep people from even acknowledging their potential. Perhaps we need to think of the whole of all consciousnesses, and hold it in higher regard than ourselves. Perhaps we need to put the needs of the many before our own needs, in order to tap into what it is we try to share with others, but the words sometimes fail us.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Is it possible enough to attain a level of consciousness, a level of self awareness, that permits one to alter their own cell's genetic code?

Or tap into what popular consensus says is 97% "Junk DNA" that exists for no plausible reason ..... yet?

www.abc.net.au...

Bee Knot A Frayed

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"i'm not neccesarily talking about re-sequencing their own dna all together.

i'm talking about a person taking information that resides in each and every cell of their body, and simply deleting it, like a computer file into your trash ben.. . "

Do you know how to do this? If so, you could make a fortune in selling it to sick people. This past Friday the Dr found a "spot" on my lung. Wouldn't it be the coolest thing if I could think it away.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
Do you know how to do this?

Know thyself. What you are looking for is what is looking.

Keep a journal. As you write, KNOW that no one else shall ever read it. There will be no justification for you to lie to yourself, and no one else to impress. No one elses expectations to live up to, and no need to conform to a misinterpretted reality.

If so, you could make a fortune in selling it to sick people.

If fortune is the motivation, then there is no motivation. Harm money is harmony.

This past Friday the Dr found a "spot" on my lung. Wouldn't it be the coolest thing if I could think it away.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. But, even doctors are mistaken from time to time.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I recall myself that I've read somewhere that our cells hold indeed information, in some way, in an apparant way.

like, I think of myself I am dumb.

by transforming this thought in I am kind of smart this cells "code" is somehow re-arranged.

It is that cells in our body get renewed every I don't know how long but differs for different cells, so they may hold different information, in case you can say it does

I'd rather see this information as a frequency there's a better word for it, pulse that lowers or highers in this cell

transforming cells structure and thus dna?

a lot is possible, it could be scientifically correct, science could measure such a thing.. do we have 2 or twelve strains?. is it transforming,.. would science tell us?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join