It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to leave the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Skadi,

It sounds like people are the same there as they are here; depending what part of the US you live in.

I am not sure if I could leave the US on a perminent basis mostly because this is where my family and friends live as well and I am not sure you can escape the greed and power. It's all about where people can be comfortable for as long as they can, which is sad because it should be what can we do to change the future for our children and their children.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
France is the place to go, its my favourite country and I love the French, they have balls, they stand up to their goverment, and global bullies they even killed off their ruling class's. They helped the USA fight the British during the war of independance, they gave you the statue of liberty and french fries. Dont you just love em, when my wife and I retire were moving to France as good old Blighty is going like the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
France is the place to go, its my favourite country and I love the French, they have balls, they stand up to their goverment, and global bullies they even killed off their ruling class's.

France is the last place in Europe that I would want to move personally.

I think skadi's analysis between Europe and the US is very good. And I agree with her, every place has their own problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think moving out of the US is a GREAT idea! In fact, if I could afford to send half the Lib's here to Europe, I'd send all of them half way.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think we all find ourselves looking at this through what we think is a fresh outlook. Fact is, our current events are merely updated ancient ones. History does repeat itself. I'm sure every empire feels it is the most powerful and most righteous.

As for leaving the country, I don't see how walking away from these battles would help anything. I say "these" because along with the war overseas, we are fight a battle within the US. Of course, that battle will never cease, and it must remain in order to breed progression; it is a necessary evil. Our battle here between political parties, organizations, races, etc., is both a blessing and curse. The United States of America is only about 230 years old (right?), and we have a long way to go. Yes, personally I want to move elsewhere because I have found that I can only fight for my "home" and not necessarily my "country" or its ideals. But I am in no hurry... for now.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The French? - have "Balls"??!!
As another post about Iran/Ahmi now contemplates;

Question: "Will the French help get the Iranians out of Tel Aviv??"
Answer: "Why would they? They didn't help get the Germans out of Paris!"

In general - I agree that all countries (well most) have certain advantages and disadvantages in both visitng and in residence. Having traveled to dozens of countries on 4 continents, I'd choose Australia/New Zealand, Argentina, Italy, or the SW US. Mostly cuz folks generally leave you alone to believe and do what you want as long as you don't hurt anybody else... and because I'm impartail to mediterranean climates...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To those of you who love American but believe it's becoming a totalitarian/facist state and are looking for better places to go, I urge you to stay and fight for your rights. Don't abandon them.

I detest many parts of modern US culture...The sometimes unbelievable coarseness of society, the loss of the feeling of community, the loss of common courtesy, the unbelievable materialism, and on and on.

I still believe however there is no better place to live. Places just as good, and as bad? Yes, but no place better.

Stay and fight for what was ours.

[edit on 10/20/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Leave the US, and you're almost certainly going to end up some place that is even more restrictive.

You mean like Holland? Or Switzerland? How about Norway? Denmark? There are places much more free than here.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Youll find the US is about as good as it gets in alot of ways. Theres no place like home.

I just read Skadi's post and most admitt I have not been to europe. It sounds like the things I dont like about America, are just plain out of control over there. All the more reason we cant let it slip here anymore. Otherwise we will never get it back.

Keep her free at all costs! We need to stay the land of the free and the home of the BRAVE! So Americans, lets show the world we are brave enough to stay free!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Waterman, yes its time to get out of the US, alot of posters here have missed your point completely, you did not ask for a country comparison but is the situation in the US looking more like a dictatorship, well yes it is and the smart money are already moving. People with a brain can draw the similarities to the US and Germenay before ww2 and the smart people got out of Germany before it was too late. Anywhere is better than living in a dictatorship, and with hindsight dont you think more people would have left Europe if they knew what was coming.

Outrageo, you may scoff at the French but they have not cow towed to Bush have they and to pick on one event in their history as an example is rather pathetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Again with the comparisons with Wiemar Germany. Post WWI and Depression Germany bears very little resemblence with the US of today. It was a country that had been humiliated at the Versailles Treaty signings after WWI, impoverished by reparations to France and Great Britain, who seemingly were intent on making sure Germany would never do it again, thus sowing the seeds for the rise of Hitler and the Nazi's, and of course, all the horrors that followed.

I think if you talked to some of those who fled Germany after the fall of the Wiemar Republic several years after doing so, you'd find that a majority would have said they regreted doing so. They got to watch their country be destroyed again...what if instead of running away, they had stayed? Could Hitler have been stopped, or at least controlled? We'll never know, because they left...

If you choose to leave, fine. I think you'll find that the grass ain't always greener on the other side. Instead of it being time to leave, it's time and past to step up and fix the problems. I believe Fredrick Douglass said it, or something like it; "To change things you must agitate, agitate, agitate." or something along those lines. He was correct.

Elections are coming up. Issues being decided, representitives elected. Here's the oppourtunity to make a differance, to let your voices be heard. Oh, and don't give me any hoohaw about your vote not making any differance...if you don't cast it, it surely won't, but enough single voices makes a chorus, and a chorus is always heard. Get out and agitate, agitate, agitate. Then when thats done, agitate some more. Somewhere along the line, you'll suddenly discover that a change has occured, probably for the better.

leave if you will, and best of luck to you. Those of us who stay, will eventually successfully foment change.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Water Man
Having had a father inlaw that fled Germany because of the tyranny, I was wondering how many other people are having serious thoughts about how much longer we can afford to stay.

How does one flee, when the regime gets like it did when people in Germany waited too long? How long do we have?

If your concerns are that serious, then don't wait. Take only what you can carry and leave now.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think that if you are truly a US citizen it is not time to leave.
Does the US have poor leadership, maybe. What about other countries? If you leave do you think that the leadership will be any different? Do you think the leadership is really going to care about the people some place else? Trust me, the grass is not greener. The leaders of every country what to be more powerful then the other; they do not really care about the people, just the country and their own power. You just have decide what you want to stand up for.
I don't necessarily stand up for what US leadership is doing or what they are not doing, but I will stand up for what the US was originally founded upon and I will fight as long as I can and encourage my family to do so and theirs and theirs until I die. If we live in a world with a bunch of people who always flee to survive instead of fighting to survive, sooner or later we WILL live in a world of nothing but Hitler's who will ultimately sacrafice all of the insignificant slaves in order to prove they are more powerful.
No, we are not there yet; although it does have a little familiarity to it. As long as we have people that are not afraid to fight, who don't flee, we still have some kind of chance which is better than none at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a worldwide phenomenon, if you leave you'll only buy time, which is OK, because no one lives forever and you might gain another 20 years on Earth by such a move. Might being the keyword, there were people who fled to pacific islands before WW2 and - you guess it - got invaded by IJ and US forces and pounded to hell and back in the meanwhile. in case of nuclear war, all bets are off anyway, so there are no guarantees.

given the amount of disturbing news f-ex: www.abovetopsecret.com...

i can see why you'd like to be far away once the balloon goes up.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I agree with grady, water: To answer your OP title:

Yes! - by all means. Leave now.

If you 'really meant', is the US turning dictator, ask that instead. (it is not). No disrespect, but it helps if your title has some conx to your thread premise...

Buh-Bye...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join