It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Air America follows in Proud Liberal Footprints, Bankrupt!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ha ha ha! I can see Kerry talking to Abe Lincoln now....

Fellow Bonesmen. Birds of a feather. Blood brothers. Only difference is that Bush already had a bad record for driving businesses into the ground.

I still say that entire race was bogus and Kerry never intended or aspired to become president. It was all a show.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I still say that entire race was bogus and Kerry never intended or aspired to become president.

I think his ego bought into that he could be president. I remember him saying something like "I can't believe I'm loosing to this idiot".
Geeeze, i guess that made Kerry the BIGGER idiot of the two but his ego just couldn't grasp that.

Seriously though ... just about any other dem could have won. It really wouldn't have been that hard to do. I mean .. look at 'W' at the debates! YIKES! And Kerry still couldn't pull it off.

As far as Air Amerika goes .. like I said ... the market is already saturated so why the far left liberals thought they needed yet another propaganda outlet is beyond me. CNN is on 24 hours a day pumping out left spin and propaganda. It's there 24/7 for them to tune in whenever they want.

[edit on 10/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
3. How come the top republican choice for President (Bush) and the top radio republican radio host (Limbaugh) are both noted former/current drug addicts?

There is no proof that Bush is/was a drug addict. Limbaugh's problem came from a medical issue. Come on now, if it was being said about someone on "your side", we'd be asked to to have some compassion. Hmmm, just like we are told it's no big deal about the sex addiction of a certain former president. Guess which former president I was referring to - Kennedy (Marilyn Monroe), Johnson (anyone wearing a skirt), or Clinton (already well documented).

[edit on 10/14/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
But centurian..

He never inhaled either....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I still say that entire race was bogus and Kerry never intended or aspired to become president. It was all a show.

If true, then that really ticks me off, as it should all Americans. What a waste of time, money, and energy for all of us if this was all a sham.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

1. The thread title says that Air America is following in Liberal footprints of bankruptcy, but there is no reference I see of any other "liberal" bankruptcies. So, what examples is the thread title referring to? Are you trying to say the fact that the US has declared bankruptcy twice is because of "liberal" reasons?

Bankruptcy :

Main Entry: bank·rupt·cy
Pronunciation: 'ba[ng]k-(")r&p(t)-sE

You claim the liberals are bankrupt, but they have a strong representation in Congress and the repubs are scared to lose their control to them in the next election. I would hardly call that bankruptcy. What are you referring to exactly?

2. What's the difference in the politics of Limbaugh, O'Riley & Co. and people like Franken? More generally, between liberals and conservatives? Because, the conservatives keep spending more on government and expanding the size and scope of government....that isn't very conservative, is it? But, to re-emphasize...what makes people like Franken a liberal and people like Limbaugh or others...not?

No argument from me other than the popularity of their shows compared to Air America.

I don't understand...are you saying that if you are popular you must be a conservative? Reread my question please...

3. How come the top republican choice for President (Bush) and the top radio republican radio host (Limbaugh) are both noted former/current drug addicts?

some actual proof would be nice for a change...Such as, time in rehab, arrests for possession or distribution of narcotics, or even admissions.. any PROOF at all will do

Wow, you didn't know about Bush's substance abuse issues?

Bush's drinking may not have caused problems were it not for his tendency to become excessively uninhibited, according to reports of friends. In the article referenced above, Kristof quotes Bush's cousin Elsie Walker as saying, "He was a riot. But afterward, when you're older, that can wear thin", and gives the example of Bush asking a "proper" female friend of his parents at a family cocktail party, "So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?"

Bush has said that he did not use illegal drugs at any time since 1974 ([18]), but he has declined to discuss whether he used drugs before 1974 ([19]).

When Wead reminded Bush that the latter had publicly denied using coc aine, Bush replied, "I haven't denied anything."

en.wikipedia.org...

And it would be very insulting to call Rush Limbaugh's addiction a "medical issue"...

On April 28, 2006, Limbaugh turned himself in to the Palm Beach County, Florida Sheriff's Office as part of a prearranged settlement to the case. He filed a "not guilty" plea with the Court and posted a $3,000 bond[34] to a single criminal charge of doctor shopping to "obtained 2,000 pills over six months".[35] The sheriff's office later announced that Limbaugh was technically "under arrest" during the booking process. Believing that this term would misleadingly invoke an image of the talk show host being handcuffed and hauled away, Limbaugh and his attorney contacted various media outlets to inform them of the settlement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by centurion1211
Limbaugh's problem came from a medical issue.

2,000 pills over six months is a medical issue??? Don't lie to yourself....

Come on now, if it was being said about someone on "your side", we'd be asked to to have some compassion.

I don't play into your two-party dance, I didn't even vote for Clinton. Read my signature if you don't know what I stand for.

But I really am looking for honest answers to my questions, especially about the differences between liberals and conservatives.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Um Semper, are you saying the President is a Liberal? he went Bankrupt Multiple times! The best one was his oil company that couldn't find oil in an oil field! Like wtf? It's like going to a CHicken farm and starting a egg company but then going bankrupt because you couldn't find any eggs!

So, if going bankrupt is liberal, Bush is a Liberal about 4 times over.

Edit
On the drug issue, Bush admitted to doing POT! He was caught in a recording admitting to it that was released after the 2004 elections. Also, as stated earlier, last I checked coc aine is a narcotic isn't it?

And for Clinton, when asked if he was in the same position would he do anything different(When he said he didn't inhale) he said "Yes, I would inhale." Although, he is a liberal so it's like being gay and liberal or Jewish and liberal, no big deal.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by HoorahUSMC]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Centurion1211,

All I was trying to say is the pendulum of public opinion swings with the revelations regarding the party in power, good, bad, right, wrong, or indifferent. I don't particularly identify with either of the two major parties. I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative, the exact opposite of what this administration has turned out to be. So what does that make me? Left out in right field? Right out in left field? What difference does it make? I want to see some fiscal responsibility and social tolerance from our elected officials, that's all.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Semper this is the most bias thread you have posted yet. They went under because they could not find enough advertising to bankroll them with. It had nothing to do with the voting populous' political leanings....mush loosebowels and his ilk have large and wealthy sponsors and alot of dittoheads who don't think for themselves.

When he got busted for oxycontin... the local TV interviewed a man who said that he listened to mush loosebowels all the time and added with him in rehab tha he just didn't know what to think.
true...story...I would have never admitted that in public

Semper...I promise, come Nov. 8th...you can cry on my liberal shoulder.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by grover]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

They went under because they could not find enough advertising to bankroll them with. It had nothing to do with the voting populous' political leanings..

Come on Grover... your smarter than that...

Why do you think the Advertisers never got on? They take polls, do complete economic studies and understood the listener base was not there. Basic 1st year economics Grover.

If they had the listener base, there would have been companies lining up to get on, just like with Limbaugh.

Why is it so hard to understand that an example of success. is just that. And Limbaugh is one of the ultimate examples of success. Whether you like him or not, he has become a MULTI millionaire simply talking. All of the huff and puff does nothing to detract from his numbers which are there for all to see. If the Liberal Agenda was "All that" to the American Public, where are the ultimate examples there? Missing in action.

Semper...I promise, come Nov. 8th...you can cry on my liberal shoulder.

The Dems. may win Grover. That is a very real possibility. You know what? That is OK too. The system is all about balance and if that is what the American Public wants, then that is what they should have.

And remember; Careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Actually Semper in poll after poll when discussing actual issues that actually affect people's lives, the Democrats come out ahead...health care, the environment, jobs etc. That is one of the reason why under Rovian politics symbols and slogans and smear tactics are the campiagn style of choice.

It's the ever popular if ya can't dazzle em with your brillance befuddle em with bullhooey approach to politics.

Its kinda hard to actually have a real debate about the issues when some damned fool is waving the flag and shouting some meaningless slogan about mom, apple pie and homeland security.

I got broad shoulders (actually my belly is broader but that's another story) and plenty of tissues semper.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by grover]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well Grover...

Those of us not cowering in the corner because of the Big Bad Dems,

We have all read the polls being sent out.

Question 1. Which Democrat espouses the ideals you wish for the country (You must pick one)

So what ever the public answers, WOW.. LOOK.. The country is for the Democrats..

Truly funny

Keep the tissues my friend... We will see what happens. I'm still campaigning.

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I really was impressed by Paul Wellstone and would have seriously considered working for him if he had chosen to run for president.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He wasn't a bad guy...

I disagreed with many of his policies, but he was a gentleman at heart and in actions..

Sad loss...

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
party aside, he was a good man who actually cared about people which was why he had such strong bipartisian support in his state and he is sorely missed. We need far more like him.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I agree....

Anyway, after the election, the Beers on me... No matter the outcome.

As long as we don't have to listen to Air America

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Anyway, after the election, the Beers on me... No matter the outcome.

Semper, if there are NO elections will you buy me an inflatable raft and some Kleenex?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Absolutely

I'll even blow it up for you...

Anything for a Lady

Semper

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
We sorely need a change in congress each year for the good of the country...to restore some sort of balance.

Historically speaking we have fluxed between a strong and assertive congress and a strong and assertive presidency and when one becomes too strong the other asserts itself. This has been true even when the same party controlled both houses of Congress and the presidency...but not this time. The presidency has been grabbing power at an unprecedented pace and congress (especially the house) has been more than happy to enable him... this is dangerous and we need a new congress to start reasserting itself.

Its not called checks and balances for nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I really was impressed by Paul Wellstone and would have seriously considered working for him if he had chosen to run for president.

Was he the guy who died in the plane crash .. the one that Bill and Hillary were laughing through his memorial service? The one that Gov. Jesse Ventura walked out of because he was disgusted by the behavior of the dems??

Is that Paul Wellstone??

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join