It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Air America follows in Proud Liberal Footprints, Bankrupt!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Air America has bounced checks, defaulted on loans and broken promises long enough. Now the only option open to them is, Bankruptcy.

HBO is set to air a behind the scenes look at the launching of liberal radio network AIR AMERICA.
The DRUDGE REPORT has obtained a director's cut of LEFT OF THE DIAL, a grossly entertaining docu-drama of life on the other side of the AIR AMERICA microphone.
The doubts. The lies. The bounced checks. The heartbreak.
The viewer is taken upclose to witness the ugly business of media ambition.
The main character, Evan Cohen, founding chairman and main investor, is depicted as a complete fraud.
The documentary shows Cohen arriving in the middle of night at AIR AMERICA offices to sign over the company and disappear again, but not before lying about how many ads have been sold and how much money is the bank [zero].
Dead Air.
It shows how AIR AMERICA executives lied and lied again about not bouncing checks to their Chicago and Los Angeles affiliate owners. [The network was quickly thrown off the stations.
www.drudgereportarchives.com...

Cash- starved Air America Radio is broke and up for sale, the Radio Equalizer has learned exclusively.

In addition, a liberal website is reporting that the so- called "progressive" radio network will announce a bankruptcy filing on Friday. As of this moment, the story has yet to be verified.radioequalizer.blogspot.com...

UNREPORTED FOR 14 DAYS: AIR AMERICA TOOK ALMOST $900K IN LOANS FROM CHILDREN’S CHARITIES
Same Media That Glorified Liberal Talk-Radio Network Ignore Scandal Surrounding Air America’s Chairman

“All the media outlets that trumpeted and championed the launch of the liberal talk-radio network Air America are silent as it finds itself awash in a mushrooming scandal. The chairman of Air America, Evan Montvel Cohen, arranged for one of the loans when he was also the development director for the Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club. Both the Boys and Girls club and another children’s charity, Pathways for Youth, have since gone bankrupt after loaning Air America close to $900,000.

“Where are the stories from NBC Nightly News, the Today show, ABC World News Tonight, National Public Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, the New York Times magazine, and the others who gave Air America many millions of dollars in free publicity when it premiered? This scandal was noted in the New York Daily News July 26th and they have yet to cover it.
www.mediaresearch.org...

As Conservative Talk radio continues to break all broadcasting records, the demise of the Liberal forum should be a message to all as to what road this country intends to take.

Just in case there are any doubts about the Liberals being in the minority in the core base of our country, here is the list of the top radio talk shows..

1. Rush Limbaugh 2. Bill O'Reilly 3. Don Imus 4. Michael Savage 5. Sean Hannity 6. Laura Ingraham 7. Glenn Beck 8. Dr. Laura Schlessinger 9. Neal Boortz 10. Al Franken 11. Mike Gallagher 12. Mancow 13. Howard Stern 14. Bill Bennett 15. Opie and Anthony 16. Ed Schultz 17. Michael Medved 18. Randi Rhodes 19. Jim Bohannon 20. G. Gordon Liddy 21. Diane Rehm 22. Larry Elder 23. Michael Reagan 24. Tammy Bruce 25. Tom Leykis
www.newsmax.com...

I can understand the heart ache in realizing that you are wrong, but when 50 million people say one thing and the 100 of you say another, maybe you should reevaluate your position.

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Semper....
GREAT POST!!!!!!! I couldn't have stated it any better myself. Kind of like these useless Keith Obermann threads. Again, sir....GREAT JOB!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Before you go crowing about what this means for the direction of America, you should take a look at the demographics of radio listeners.

Once you do that, you will have a better insight into why liberal talk radio failed, and realize that conservative talk radio reflects a wrong turn America took a long time ago, and has nothing to do with the direction she is currently headed, unless you are on the way to the old folks home.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Except for the fact that the numbers just don't support your position...

Taking into account the 10s of Millions of listeners of conservative talk radio, it would appear that you are in the minority.

Perhaps, just maybe, those millions are right and one person wrong?

I would take those odds in Vegas any day.

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

As Conservative Talk radio continues to break all broadcasting records, the demise of the Liberal forum should be a message to all as to what road this country intends to take.

OR it could mean that liberals don't need to beat their chests and confirm to themselves what they believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is one possible conclusion...

However, I submit to you the inevitable human equation that would tend to negate that assumption. All of us beat our chests in one way or another...

Also to consider is that over 99.2% of the listeners, simply listen. No possibility of chest beating when you are only listening.

Maybe, just maybe, they are there because the have found they can learn something...

Again, the numbers are there.

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
That is one possible conclusion...

However, I submit to you the inevitable human equation that would tend to negate that assumption. All of us beat our chests in one way or another...

Also to consider is that over 99.2% of the listeners, simply listen. No possibility of chest beating when you are only listening.

Maybe, just maybe, they are there because the have found they can learn something...

Again, the numbers are there.

Semper

Cool, you've convinced me to change my position:

Originally posted by intrepid

OR it could mean that liberals don't need to confirm to themselves what they believe.

Can we get a Hallaujah.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
HALLELUJAH

HAHAHAHA

Oh no problem with the Devil's advocate position. I am not one to avoid a spirited, intellectual debate..

Yes, I know that is shocking.

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey Semp...

you forgot about the "non conservative" listeners that only listen, to know what the
Old fogies are whining about...

Kinda fun, and I really love it when Rush steps on his own petard... (his Foley support was hilarious)

And for the measure I actually agree with some things said... (enough monkeys + enough typewriters)

But really... was all that baiting necessary to point out the obvious failure of a badly managed business?
If you wanted to point out that Liberal radio was dead, then do so
if you wanted to point out that the owner of Air America was unethical, or corrupt
then do so...

Still cant quite figure out which is the focus of this thread...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Semper/Intrepid,

Your immediate and prior correspondence seems to reflectively demonstrate that which you assert.

Confident convictions, and those who hold such, obviously don't see/have/feel a need to "demonstrate" such.

However ... what concerns me is ...
Far left and Far right have no such financial concerns ... Why the void on Middle ground?

Laz,
You make a valid point, here. Listen in, in order to gauge the response to such.

However, my concern is more to the seemingly obvious lack of support for a Middle Ground approach.

"We feel this, You feel that ...
Okay, perhaps we can find common grounds and go from there. (?)"

Or do Most just "jump on the bandwagon" that "seems" most convenient, void of individual concerns, if they fit/suit an overall "view".

Yes. I take issue with those who offer support in a seemingly blind manner.

... the above is not directed at anyone in particular, though take from it what you wish ...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You have given me something to consider....

There is much wisdom in what you say..

I'll get back on that..

After dinner. (Steaks on the Grill)

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, then...

I better stop listening to Hannity and Limbaugh. You see, when i need a kick in the pants to clean the house or go for a brisk walk, i tune in to them. They help me go go go.....I get so
angry that the adrenaline starts flowing and i can accomplish a lot thanks to the evil talking heads.
I've always used them to motivate rage in me and get my adrenaline going.
Those damned evil people. They hate America.

"Thanks for calling...you're a good American" ( says Hannity)

"Kudos to you, Rush"

Pure evil.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, then...

dgtempe,
Why not find inspiration in that which you Already Know you are opposed to?

The seeming need to "listen" for physical inspiration seems sadistic, at best.

IMO, political affiliations and mindsets are nothing more than a :cointoss:, which ultimately result in continuance of the status quo.

Have we had enough? ... only time will tell.

$.02

[edit: dgtempe - vs - dgstempe]

[edit on 10/13/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

OR it could mean that liberals don't need to beat their chests and confirm to themselves what they believe.

Sure. But if your contention is correct, then why did the liberals even bother to spend so much time and money trying to beat the conservatives at their own game?

The fact is much more likely that the content of the shows was so bad that even the liberal audience was turned away from them.

When I checked Air America out myself, and from what others have said, what was broadcast was very much like what can be seen here - a ton of Bush-bashing and complaining, but no ideas or answers for doing anything different.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would say most people listen to conservative radio because they don't want to have to think about anything. If a station contradicts the excepted norm, and what the mainstream state controlled media is saying, then people will have to think about what is being said, and people don't seem to like to think too much anymore.

People are more comfortable hearing what makes everything going on in the world seem OK. They can then sleep easier. In other words it's a cop out, a population happy to be spoon fed their opinions. In no way does it mean it's the correct path.
Most people unconsciously follow the majority so as not to feel left out. Most people don't understand enough of world politics, or are not confident enough in their own convictions, to do anything but follow the 'crowd'.

In 1930's Germany people had pretty much the same attitude towards the Nazi party, and look what happened...The majority is very often wrong, cause the majority is too easily led. It is usually the lone voice crying out above the din of blind acceptance that causes change for the good.

Also most people are totally ignorant of any other 'choices'. To them there is either conservative or liberal, black or white, us or them. So you folks who think you're so clever and politically savvy, cause you follow a 'party', are really the most ignorant and closed minded of them all. It's all a con, left, right, whatever. Until people realize this then there will never be a life without war, poverty, or any other numerous Human Rights violations.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

People are more comfortable hearing what makes everything going on in the world seem OK. They can then sleep easier. In other words it's a cop out, a population happy to be spoon fed their opinions. In no way does it mean it's the correct path.
Most people unconsciously follow the majority so as not to feel left out. Most people don't understand enough of world politics, or are not confident enough in their own convictions, to do anything but follow the 'crowd'.

In 1930's Germany people had pretty much the same attitude towards the Nazi party, and look what happened...The majority is very often wrong, cause the majority is too easily led. It is usually the lone voice crying out above the din of blind acceptance that causes change for the good.

My bold above for emphasis.

Exactly. A perfect description of the way that most union members and most blacks vote as a block for the democratic ticket in U.S. elections time after time - don't you think?

[edit on 10/13/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well, you see, when i listen to Liberal talk shows (and I do) it makes me depressed and upset..therefore..none productive. Everything they say is so hurtful and true that it upsets me terribly.
Then one day, i discovered that i could walk 1 1/2 miles in record time while listening to something which makes me mad.
There you have it. Maybe its sadistic, but its self imposed saddism.

Is there such a thing?

[edit on 13-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ANOK

My bold above for emphasis.

Exactly. A perfect description of the way that most union members and most blacks vote as a block for the democratic ticket in U.S. elections time after time - don't you think?

... of how a person can NOT see ANY point but the one they want to. Thanks for your contribution to the continued polorization on the board.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

[Thanks for your contribution to the continued polorization on the board.

Oh, right. Like many of your posts don't contribute "to the continued polarization on the board". I've read many of them and your typical MO is to make a comment such as "OR it could mean that liberals don't need to beat their chests and confirm to themselves what they believe.
". And then when someone challenges you or disagrees, you try to slap them down, retreat behind your moderator's mantle and attempt to come across as some sort of ATS "Solomon" that's above it all.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
A perfect description of the way that most union members and most blacks vote as a block for the democratic ticket in U.S. elections time after time - don't you think?

Yeah same could be said about right wing Christians, or business owners.
What you don't seem to realize is neither side is right. Conservatives may be right on some issues but wrong on others, same as the other 'side'.
So in a truly free society what right have you got, or anyone else, to force your views, through your chosen 'party', on those that think differently than you?

You know I find black people in general are far more aware of the true reality of government than most white folks are.
How can the voting system be fair when the majority really doesn't understand what they are voting for? When those begging your vote control the means of influencing your opinions? When most Christians (a huge part of the voting public) are only voting on one issue, abortion. It's OK to kill civilians, and Americans in Iraq and other places but it's a fatal sin to abort a fetus. The voting public is a living contradiction,and uninformed beyond anything fed to them in the state controlled press.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join