It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS New Season

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have gotten an EVP with water running and water splashing on it. I left my recorder on a table in a hall outside a bathroom. No one was in taking a shower or anything, but that's what I got on the EVP

(and a voice saying 'he wants you to ...' )

He wants you to......take a shower, maybe?

LOL...I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin'

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My all-time favorite Sci-fi show!

The Amityville house would be a great idea, I'd definately head over there and try to meet the guys, it's only a few towns over from me. Too bad the people that live there remodeled, those two famous windows are now gone, its hard to pick the house out.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The new one with the bedsheet wascrazy.

Especially as it moves as if someone grabbed it and pulled up in a twist, not like a normal leg movement.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This week's show should be good. They are going to Moundsville Penitentiary in West Virginia.

www.paresearchers.com...

Crazy synchronicity, but I just got through learning all about Moundsville in the study course I'm taking. It is considered the most haunted penitentiary in the U.S. and one of the more haunted places in the U.S. While open, from 1866 to 1905, it had a long history of extremely bad conditions, prisoner abuse, and terrible over-crowding. One particularly horrendous event was the "filleting" of a prisoner who had been an informant for the warden. He was virtually skinned alive and then left to bleed out in a long painful death. Many people have encountered his spirit - including the guards of the prison in the time period immediately after his murder - those people who had known him and recognized his spirit.

It should be good! Perfect show for right before Halloween.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I like TAPS.. I can say I really enjoy their show, becasue it is fun to watch, and they are trying to debunk, presay prove anything...Yet the whole time is what they are after proof of paranormal. This reminds me of my side hobby that Ive been doing for about 6 months now, which is paranormal inv. I try to use the same angle, debunk and be a skeptic about it before anything, always try to find an answer for something happening logicaly within our perameters of thought..
Okay this is where I tell you that TAPS is just a show, its out to entertain people..
If I was to air my hobby, no one would watch becasue nothing happens, atleast not yet anyway.. I love what I have gotten into.. But I have debunked everything I have researched so far, and found logic in what I found, or the places Ive been too.. And I keep a very open heart and mind.. Trust me on that, I could talk to spirits all day long, but tell you without any other proof than my 6th sense... Back to Topic.. TAPs stuff that happened with the chair, and the bedsheet umoung many other things are Staged.. Im sorry to say that. but It wouldnt be a fun show to watch if nothing happened like it does 99.5% of the time..
So TAPs show managers set up little stunts and gimics to keep the show going and they debunk those things most the time anyway, and thats the only reason I still watch it, becasue they dont go to far, and try to say, "oh yeah that was so for real, and Im CERAL!"
most ghost shows wouldnt be any good without a little scare, or something to make you wonder... So what IM saying is I would do some personal research, and try to find the paranormal without gaining money or fame from this..
I know its how our little world is built up on.. But I would only share my exp with the paranormal with other like minds, and tell them all I know and share my research for free.. And not write books, and sell them to people.. I would never go to a haunted place where the people asked me to check things out and charge them for it.. Sure I understand its a job.. But this is where I find it hard to belive. Becasue I know they have to have a find just to pay the bills.. They have to make up some ghost, because its their job.. So they can fix a place up to be haunted, and get stuff just to debunk, becasue if they didnt debunk half that staged crap I wouldnt watch them at all... So the moral of this post was TAPs is very intertaining program
But I would take it with a grain of salt, becasue they are after money. IMO those who seek money/fame/power from the paranormal are not in it for the spiritual aspect. Which discredits them in my heart.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by zysin5]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
zysin5

I thought they make a living as plumbers? (RotoRouters)

Jason and Grant anyway...is that a gimmick as well?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I like TAPS.. I can say I really enjoy their show, becasue it is fun to watch, and they are trying to debunk, presay prove anything...Yet the whole time is what they are after proof of paranormal. This reminds me of my side hobby that Ive been doing for about 6 months now, which is paranormal inv. I try to use the same angle, debunk and be a skeptic about it before anything, always try to find an answer for something happening logicaly within our perameters of thought..
Okay this is where I tell you that TAPS is just a show, its out to entertain people..
If I was to air my hobby, no one would watch becasue nothing happens, atleast not yet anyway.. I love what I have gotten into.. But I have debunked everything I have researched so far, and found logic in what I found, or the places Ive been too.. And I keep a very open heart and mind.. Trust me on that, I could talk to spirits all day long, but tell you without any other proof than my 6th sense... Back to Topic.. TAPs stuff that happened with the chair, and the bedsheet umoung many other things are Staged.. Im sorry to say that. but It wouldnt be a fun show to watch if nothing happened like it does 99.5% of the time..
So TAPs show managers set up little stunts and gimics to keep the show going and they debunk those things most the time anyway, and thats the only reason I still watch it, becasue they dont go to far, and try to say, "oh yeah that was so for real, and Im CERAL!"
most ghost shows wouldnt be any good without a little scare, or something to make you wonder... So what IM saying is I would do some personal research, and try to find the paranormal without gaining money or fame from this..
I know its how our little world is built up on.. But I would only share my exp with the paranormal with other like minds, and tell them all I know and share my research for free.. And not write books, and sell them to people.. I would never go to a haunted place where the people asked me to check things out and charge them for it.. Sure I understand its a job.. But this is where I find it hard to belive. Becasue I know they have to have a find just to pay the bills.. They have to make up some ghost, because its their job.. So they can fix a place up to be haunted, and get stuff just to debunk, becasue if they didnt debunk half that staged crap I wouldnt watch them at all... So the moral of this post was TAPs is very intertaining program
But I would take it with a grain of salt, becasue they are after money. IMO those who seek money/fame/power from the paranormal are not in it for the spiritual aspect. Which discredits them in my heart.
[edit on 23-10-2006 by zysin5]

Unfortunatly, I have to totally agree with you. It's really too bad. I watched about 10 minutes of the Halloween Live show and I had had to turn it off. It was just too awkward to watch these interact with that wrestler. I haven't watched wrestling since I was 12 or so. Who the hell was that guy?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anyone know if the new season has started yet or not?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Is suppoused to start in june, they already did the marathon ending with them traveling to EU on march 22.

Is more to come in April but only reruns, because their tour took them all over EU the new season is going to start in June.

Here is the link to their shows.

www.scifi.com...

[edit on 30-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ya, I've been wondering about when they where going to have them back on again; it has been a while, but that explains it. It should be interesting if they went all over Europe.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I wish I got that channel here, I have to wait for ppl to upload the shows so I can download them.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
They have really cut back on the number of shows they have been making. It's hard to keep up with when they will be on and when they won't be. I missed the entire 6 shows of Feb/Mar. UGH.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When they go to some tourist spot, that advertises the fact that the place is haunted, the owners of the place have a vested interest in 'proving' that they are haunted. So it wouldn't surprise me if those people tried to fake something......but the TAPS guys would be pretty much ruined if they did.

I just wish they would install their cameras and recorders and leave. They make too much noise and they're all scattered through the building, so they/we can't tell if there's a legit noise, or just one of them stomping around.......and when they ask their questions for evp's, they don't wait long enough for a response before they fire off another question.

They could come back the next day and pick up their gear. They'd have more footage to go through, and maybe have to quit those glamourous day jobs as Roto-Rooter men!! Ha!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yep, I'm pro TAPS. I really like the approach they take to try to prove that it could be something else instead of a haunting, and a attempt to catch some proof of this paranormal phenomena. Seen some good results too, and I'm wondering how much of the electromagnetic spectrum they are covering.

Somebody has to try to study this, non of the universities are that I know of, and they are giving it a good shot, but I wonder if it would be better to study one place, such as Waverly Hills Sanatorium, or something similar for a longer time period instead of jumping around. This would not be good for the show, but may produce better results.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Is this like 'Most Haunted'? If it is, how come more people seem to have faith in this show than Most Haunted? I'm not saying Most Haunted isn't fake (there's pleanty to evidence pointing towards it is) has anyone tried debunking TAPS like www.doublexposure.co.uk... has for Most Haunted and other TV mediums? I'd be really intrested to see

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Id like to see that too. Like I said before, I dont get a channel with the show so I have to download the episods. So when I watched the shows I'd end up watching a bunch back to back. Doing this, I started noticing after a while the "acting" in the show and it kinda turned me off from it a bit. I really liked the 1st season. I couldn't even watch the special with the wrestler. But I've had such a long break from it I'm kinda interested to see what they are up to now.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ghost Hunters is a great show, I like how they dont always find a ghost and dont just make stuff up to make the show more interesting.

MOST HAUNTED SUCKS!!! I hate that show with a passion! So fake. The second they walk into a place # starts falling and noises are heard. That is sensational garbage to make the show more interesting. It seems like every moment of the show someone is being shoved or something crazy is happening and with no scientific conclusion. I have also noticed that anytime one of the crew sees a ghost or hears a noise, the camera is always just on the person experiencing it, wouldnt they want to see the ghost or point the camera in the direction of the noise?

Sorry for the rant but these two shows seem to be in competition and i have to point out that most haunted is retarded.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Gribble
It seems like every moment of the show someone is being shoved or something crazy is happening and with no scientific conclusion.

Actually most ‘Most Haunted’ shows end with a critical analysis from Ciarán O'Keeffe. I agree with you on the other points, although I still like to watch it - it makes me laugh plus David Wells is so adorable ^_^

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
zysin5

I thought they make a living as plumbers? (RotoRouters)

Jason and Grant anyway...is that a gimmick as well?

Hello from Tampa man! I live in clearwater

Yes they work and make a living as plumbers, thats no gimmick.. Just so you know my stance on TAPS is that I am Pro Taps! I like the show and is very entertaining. I really respect the way they go about debunking, and its how I go about my research and findings.. I just know on my own personal research, I have had no luck with tangle proof.. other than my own emotions and 6th sense energy.. So many different types of hauntings. I just have to stick with my post that I belive it wouldnt be as good of a show if the producers didnt produce stuff to debunk.. Is why I keep watching.. But I know deep down that when there is a TV crew, and film people ect ect.. Im less likely to belive a "hollywood" type ghost, presay finding one in my own research.. Which I belive 100% in the paranormal. So Im not nocking them down, just stating how I feel about

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix

Originally posted by D.Gribble
It seems like every moment of the show someone is being shoved or something crazy is happening and with no scientific conclusion.

Actually most ‘Most Haunted’ shows end with a critical analysis from Ciarán O'Keeffe. I agree with you on the other points, although I still like to watch it - it makes me laugh plus David Wells is so adorable ^_^

The few shows I saw the critical analysis ended with " well i didn't see it myself, but it looks like its genuine so...inconclusive!"

[edit on 9-4-2007 by D.Gribble]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join