It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane crashes into NYC Building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, I'll tell you one thing, comparing this to the response to 9/11, this is a pleasure to listen to.

I use the term pleasure differently than you might...

What I mean is that things are organized, the emergency dispatchers are taking lists of where every truck is, every few minutes, and checking in with them. Things are being done orderly, and everyone knows where each other are.

It is a PLEASURE to hear that our emergency responders are being looked after while they do their work and that the brave men and women responding to this scene are being kept track off so no one gets lost in the excitement like on 9/11.

Bravo to FDNY.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Local news is reporting that NORAD has scrambled fighters... they're not sure if it's a precaution, or if there are other planes to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Homeland security just said

"terrible accident"

came on the BBC

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's a sad fact that, on a daily basis, light aircraft around the world are flying into each other, the ground or objects poking above the ground.
What makes this so different is that it's NY so there's immediate hysteria and speculation about potential terrorist activity.

Most likely it's just a tragic accident, like all the other light aircraft mishaps that occur daily.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Right now I can confirm Two civilian deaths as per FDNY.

Will keep updating.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Gosh, I guess if a small aicraft doesn't knock down a building, then Bush just must have done 911.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

ABC News article
Police told ABC News there were large amounts of debris on the street below.

The Federal Aviation Administration said the aircraft involved was a a private plane, flying under visual flight rules on a cloudy afternoon.

The accident happened at 2:45 PM, Eastern Time.

But of course, as weird as it may sound (or not) the FAA might be behind what the news agencies are able to gather.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

official said there is no indication of terrorism, but rather it the incident appeared to be a "terrible accident".

An eyewitness told the BBC: ''The next thing I knew he [the plane] levelled out and then the next thing I knew he disappeared behind the building and he was gone.

"I said I can't believe that this is what I just saw and they kept saying it was a helicopter but it was a plane.''

AP identified the building as the Belaire, a prestigious 50-storey residential tower.

Source.

Seems certain that it was a plane going on eyewitness accounts. I wonder if someone is yet to come out and claim responsibility, how can they be so certain at this time, that this was not a terrorist act?

[edit on 11/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The latest update I have for everyone is that the 2 D.O.A.'s that were found have been reported to be 2 people that were on the aircraft.

No word yet on casualties from the building... but numerous people were trapped.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There saying that the fire is now under control,

There saying that if anyone would be trapped they should be ok now,

Thank goodness, and Glad our ATS new yorkers are ok,

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Seems certain that it was a plane going on eyewitness accounts. I wonder if someone is yet to come out and claim responsibility, how can they be so certain at this time, that this was not a terrorist act?

Who says they're certain?
They're just saying there is no evidence of terrorist activity. Accidents do happen, believe it or not...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Witnesses confirmed it was a small fixed-wing craft like a Piper-Cub, or a Cessna.
Two bodies were found on the ground, along with the landing gear.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The fire is now out!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
not sure if anyone realizes this..

but if you turn 9/11/01 180 degrees.. its 10/11/6

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i wouldn't look into it...

numbers and dates can be twisted to represent anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So they can put out fires if they wanted to then..

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
not sure if anyone realizes this..

but if you turn 9/11/01 180 degrees.. its 10/11/6

weird! Here is another strange mathematical coincidence. Who knows?

look at the address.

524 e 72nd st

7 + 2 = 9
5 + 2 + 4 = 11

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Who says they're certain?
They're just saying there is no evidence of terrorist activity. Accidents do happen, believe it or not...

Thank you for adding absolutely nothing.

Whether they are certain or not, I am asking how they possibly could be. And yes, although accidents happen, they cannot categorically say at this stage if this was one, or if this was terror related. That was my point, sorry you missed it.

CX

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sky News channel is reporting that the pilot was Cory Lidle, the pitcher for the NY yankees and there was another sportsman on board.

CX.

[edit on 11/10/06 by CX]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101
Here we go again...

Why a high-rise 50-story building?

It seems like a perfect target ... since it's residential.

Hopefully it's just an ACCIDENT.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Zeta_101]

Isn't the UN HQ near East River, NY and wouldn't that be a more likely target?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join