It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane crashes into NYC Building

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ohh

The pilot of the plane that crashed was a pitcher for the New york yankies,
34yr old Cory lidle?? , Full time player,

They say he only had his lisence for 7 months,

[edit on 11-10-2006 by asala]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
2 people have died
nice flying by the pilot too!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Sky News channel is reporting that the pilot was the pitcher for the NY yankees and there was another sportsman on board.

CX.

Well, if it's Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter, then this could be a disaster that could rival 9/11, but only in New York though.

Peace

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

New York Yankees manager Joe Torre says the plane that crashed into a building in Manhattan is registered to team pitcher Cory Lidle.

thats breaking news on CNN

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I bet in his last moments that Lidle wished he hadn't gotten traded midseason from the Phillies to the Yankees.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Jebus, people. It's a plane crash. deal with it. No terrorist's, don't start panic buying just yet...

Honestly, they've got you all well conditioned haven't you? Do you know how many light aircraft come down every day? In the summer, here in the UK, there were several over a couple of months. Not once did anyone go "Arrrgh!!! Terrorists!!"

Just calm down and breath deeply..it'll be ok.....

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As others have reported, out of precaution NORAD launched several (numbering in the low hundreds from what I'm hearing ) fighter aircraft over all major US cities. They have also launched several AWACS aircraft to provide instant and clear tracking information to the fighters. So far the response from the Military has been superb.

And I would also like to point out Stu's post above because I totally agree with what he's saying.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Sky News channel is reporting that the pilot was Cory Lidle, the pitcher for the NY yankees and there was another sportsman on board.

CNN just confirmed the same and also stated his passport was found on the scene. They also stated he had just gotten his pilot license but that was not confirmed.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Damn Ynakee*

* Well someone had to say it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here is a picture of Cory Lidle flying with sports writer Randy Miller.

media.phillyburbs.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Cory Lidle Plane Photo

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
AAAAH, ITS A ATTACK THE USA IS UNDER TERRORIST ATTACK AGAIN ITS HAPPENING AGAIN EVERYONE FLEE!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Whether they are certain or not, I am asking how they possibly could be. And yes, although accidents happen, they cannot categorically say at this stage if this was one, or if this was terror related. That was my point, sorry you missed it.

My point, which you missed, was that NO ONE was saying anything categorically yet! Which made me wonder why you posted that...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Latest news from CNN is that the pilot made an emergency call before the crash saying that he had a fuel problem. A witness on the ground, who is also a pilot, said that the plane looked like it had come from the direction of La Guardia and that the pilot was trying desperately to get back to a runway. THey are saying that 2 are dead but they can't determine whether both are from the plane or whether one of the fatalities were due to falling debris.

[edited to add]Yakees manager Joe Torre has confirmed that the plane was registered to Cory Lidle. The plane was a Cirrus SR-20.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I sure hope someone had a chance to notify his whole family first before releasing it to the media.

If they did not I call this careless news reporting.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What!! How come a passport was found at the scene? Thats not possible is it 911 CTers?

Its obviously an administration cover up for an invasion of The Yankees Stadium. Look out for the B2s and B52s.

Also I think I can see traces of Thermite and squibs in the destruction too

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL,I guess this debunk's the theory that Passport's can survive after being in a plane that hit's a building.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Uhmm This is a small plane. Those were much larger aircraft...

But my condolences for the families of the people in that plane. And for the Yankees if it is that pitcher indeed. He last started on Oct 1st. He pitched 6 innings then.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
NO NO the government made this happen, and planted the passport, to shut us CT up to beleive passports can survive!!!, ALSO THE millitary shot the plane down with a north korean style warhead!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
CNN is stating that he was alone in the plane.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am so glad you all are getting so much enjoyment out of this story. Please, remember that people are dead here; families have lost loved ones and a really talented pitcher is dead. Have a little respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join