It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane crashes into NYC Building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sketchy initial reports are comming in through the wire about a small plane that crashed into a NYC building. No details on it being a terror attack or an horrible aviation accident.

news.yahoo.com
A small plane crashed into a high-rise on the Upper East Side, setting off a fire and startling New Yorkers, police said.

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said an aircraft struck struck the 20th floor of a building on East 72nd Street. Witnesses said the crash caused a loud noise, and burning and falling debris was seen. Flames were seen shooting out of the windows. Video from the scene showed at least three apartments in the high rise fully engulfed in flames.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Either way people are in danger and firefighters are rushing to their aid.

Its a sad statement that, because of the gross incompetence of Whitman of the EPA and other environmental and health regulators, who covered up the serious health hazards at the WTC 911 attack site, that people are going to have to seriously think twice about responding to this incident and trying to help each other out.

Some rumours are going around that it was a helicopter rather than a plane, but not source on that.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 11-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's down the street from my first apartment in NYC!

I know that building.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The yahoo news link has a link to live 'abc' coverage, for anyone interested. It isn't showing much right now though, seems to be having technical problems.

Jesus, this is terrible news either way, but look at how peopel are reacting to it on the yahoo article 'discussion':

Discussion:
WHICH DATE DID KENNEDY KILL THIS TIME?
Re: LMAO! LIBS JUST LOST THE ELECTIONS!
Re: CONS ARE ORGASMING OVER THIS
SEE? HILLARY CAN'T KEEP US SAFE
9/11 now 10/11
DEMS_WILL_NEVER_WIN_AS_NEWS_PILES_UP
I smell iran's hand...

This is yet another time to appreciate the ATS discussions. Yeesh.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Last I heard it was a chopper, not a plane.

Right now FDNY is concentrating on evacuating the building.

All I can see from my window is some smoke.

An air rescue team has been deployed as well, in addition to what must be a few hundred police and fire vehicles.

More as I hear it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Its a plane, FOX is confirming it

its probably a REALLY bad accident.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The video is up and running, at first there was talk about having trouble getting news choppers in position to film it. But they ahve it working now.
There is a very large amount of fire-trucks out there.

They're saying on that feed that it was a helicopter. The ABC newschopper that is filming the event has their feed open, they are talking to their co-workers. The woman just siad they are saying that it was a helicopter, and that it 'fell to the ground' at this point (ie, out of the building).

But she is now saying that they are being told its a 'fixed wing' aircraft. Odd to hear them discussing it.

Either way, they are saying that they don't have permission to go into the airspace. Their pics are blurry, but they think that they have the debris and are saying it looks like a helicopter. They are also saying that they themselves are getting reports that are 'all over the place'.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Darn I knew I should not have tried to be so fussy with my submission

So what do you think is this a suicide, accident or perhaps a terrorist attack?

Lots of spin on the news and the bit about the helicopter came from the UN

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
How do people not know the difference between a plane and a helicopter? Why the confusion? It's freakin' New York for cryin' out loud, there's people all over the place.

I'm sure it's just a bad accident, but by all means the powers that be will take full advantage.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
wth, cnn cant get there facts right, saying its a helicopter, then a plane, then a tour heli then a fixed wing plane......GETCHA FACT RIGHT!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For what it's worth, the FDNY is only releasing it as "Aircraft into building", so you can't really blame the media exclusively. They're going by what they're told.

In the meantime, the fire that has been caused by this crash has now been upgraded to a 4th Alarm.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

CNN article
A North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) spokesperson, which monitors air traffic, told CNN that it had not been tracking the aircraft.

Witness Sarah Steiner told CNN that fires were burning on the ground. "It looks like the plane just flew into someone's living room there." (Watch the orange flames ravage the apartment -- 1:50)

"It looks as if the aircraft didn't go into the building but fell down," she said. "It may be part of the debris burning on the ground."

Steiner said that when she arrived, she saw fire shooting out of two windows on the 30th floor of the 50-story building.

They don't know if it was a helicopter or a plane yet because, well, why the heck woudl they know? It would take time to figure this stuff out.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
WTH!? Barbara Starr at the Pentagon is on CNN.

NORAD has decided to put fighter aircraft over several US cities, as a precautionary measure.

.. yet they state there was no reason for alert on this particular aircraft.

? October ... BOO ?

[edit on 10/11/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
NORAD has now put several aircraft over several unamed cities for security reasons.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
NORAD has now put several aircraft over several unamed cities for security reasons.

its a typical thing they would do after 9/11.

but this is a really bad accident at the end of the day i think.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think it makes sense to jump to the ready as a precaution. The problem with 911 was that they didn't launch any ships soon enough (well, argueably anyway). I am sure that they'd rather have a pointless launch than a missed oppurtunity.

But note that Norad says they weren't tracking the object, which I think just means that its small.

Fox News report
Local news reports quoted New York Fire Department officials as saying two people were confirmed dead. The FDNY confirmed FOX News that there are people trapped inside the building on floors above where the fire is located.[...]
"There's huge pieces of debris falling," said one witness who refused to give her full name. "There's so much falling now, I've got to get away."

That debris might infact be the aircraft itself, which some places are saying hit the building, but didn't 'penetrate it'.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
An eyewitness on BBC News 24 has stated that it was a small white 4 seater plane.

Also:

"I have no reason to believe at this point that the crash in New York City is terrorism-related," said a U.S. official who declined to be identified.

Source.

[edit on 11/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here we go again...

Why a high-rise 50-story building?

It seems like a perfect target ... since it's residential.

Hopefully it's just an ACCIDENT.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Zeta_101]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't see much of a hole in the building, just a bunch of fire. Did the plane break up on impact and fall to the ground?

Why is there no video of wreckage on the ground?

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I pray everyone is ok.
It should only be 20 or 30 more minutes before the building collapses in a controlled demolition fashion.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dr. Love, the ABC feed, which can be accessed from the yahoo link in the opening post, has been showing what they beleive is the debris. But the air authorities aren't letting people get in the area.

Per the FAA, there are slight delays at Laguardia because of this (as of this moment anyway)
www.fly.faa.gov...

It should only be 20 or 30 more minutes before the building collapses in a controlled demolition fashion.

Gosh, I guess if a small aicraft doesn't knock down a building, then Bush just must have done 911.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join