It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb or Stain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just got this picture from a friend. I'm in the green shirt and am wondering if that's an orb? I fully admit there's a good chance it's just a stain, but there is no permenent stain on the shirt as I just checked. I cropped the picture just so our faces aren't there to maintain anonimity.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Ashnoth]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Its neither. Its a particle of moisture, dust, or pollen that got too close to the lens when the flash went off. Here's a picture of a bunch of dust particles, they look exactly the same as the one in your picture.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the knowledge about these particals. I did not know this.. But I had my ideas... If you have time, can you point me in the direction where you found this information, and what backs up those facts? Not that I dont belive you, just would like to see where you got this information from

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's common knowlede, to prove it, hit your sofa with something, then take a picture, you'll probably capture thousands of them.

Here's a link,

The Truth about 'Orbs'

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If you look closely at the photo there is another one on the elbow of the guy in the dark patterend jumper.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great link zanzibar. If you expore that website, you'll find many misconceptions on "ghost pictures" that people claim to be real.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
It's common knowlede, to prove it, hit your sofa with something, then take a picture, you'll probably capture thousands of them.

Here's a link,

The Truth about 'Orbs'

Thanks man! Im going to take some test runs with my camera and see if I can mimic these effects!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences with pictures of my friends and I. Personally, I think it's either a lighting glitch (though I do realize that these spots have been seen in all sorts of lighting) or just some kind of accident. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Its neither. Its a particle of moisture, dust, or pollen that got too close to the lens when the flash went off. Here's a picture of a bunch of dust particles, they look exactly the same as the one in your picture.

Yeah,it looks like a speck of dust on the lense to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Not a stain, that's been proven before. Maybe one of these days I'll post an 'orb' picture and compare. Might be interesting to research, but not to depend on.

top topics

join