It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in reincarnation (past life regression)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok - Mods, I have no idea where to put this, but those here in the paranormal will most likely be the ones who respond...

I'm interested in those who believe in reincarnation. I personaly do not believe in it, but being a hypnotherapist I've had people ask me about doing a past life regression. Before I venture into the unknown, I thought I'd get some general comments, ideas, thoughts - and I do hope someone here has maybe had past life regression sessions that you can share with me?

Thanks all,
I'm very anxious to hear what you have to say.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I dont have any direct experience but I posted these links on another thread.....hopefully they can be of some help.

www.healthsystem.virginia.edu...
www.brianweiss.com...
www.johnemackinstitute.org...
www.cfpf.org.uk...
www.victorzammit.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well if you consider the possibility that we're all One, or linked on another level of existence, it's not that hard to believe in "past lives". There have been some post-life regressions as well, though they aren't nearly as common. This isn't so impossible when you consider that time is only a concept in this reality, and we also exist in a timeless reality.

Perhaps we "remember" past lives which are similar to our current lives, ie. Laws of Association. Different people might actually remember the same past life as well.

Of course, these are just my theories. Facts are hard to come by for this particular subject.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes. I actually have a past life memory that I can describe if you're interested.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I personally believe in reincarnation. However,I think it's something that is more a matter of faith than of fact. I mean, it's going to be pretty hard to conclusively prove that we have lived before.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the links up there :-)

And I'd love to hear not only what you remember annestacey, but also in what way you remembered. (via dream, da jau vue (sp), flashes and images...)

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My past life memory came to me in a dream about 15 years ago. The reason I know it was a memory and not a dream is because the next morning when I remembered having the dream, I literally froze... dropped my eyeliner pencil and started crying. It affected me very deeply for several weeks and still has an effect on me to this day.

In my dream, I am a tall lean woman with long dark hair and tanned skin. In real life, I am short, blonde, with fair skin.

I recall being inside of a grass or straw hut completely naked and sitting on the ground. It was dark inside but sunlight was streaming in thru tiny openings. Then some people came inside the hut, tied my wrists together with a very rough brown rope and led me outside.

The sun was very bright, I had to squint my eyes. The grass was incredibly green. There was a river nearby with a foot-bridge made of logs that were bound together by the same type of brown rope.

There was a small crowd of people there along with some soldiers dressed in silver armor-type of uniforms. The soldiers led me out onto the bridge which was high above the water. The rest of the crowd followed behind.

We stood there for a few moments, then one of the soldiers began to pull me by the rope around my wrists. I knew his intention was to throw me off the bridge. I pulled back and began to scream and cry. The more I pulled, the more he pulled and I was terrified of what was happening.

Then I suddenly felt a peacefulness come over me (as if God or my guardian angel had arrived to comfort me). I then understood that it was my time to go and I shouldn't resist it.

So I stopped struggling and they threw me off the bridge. I don't remember actually going off the bridge or hitting the water. My next memory is rising up above the water... and up into the sky... and that was the end of the dream.

I have always known this was a past-life memory. It helped to explain why I have always had a fear of water (for no reason) my whole life.

I'm not sure what the time period was but someone on a reincarnation message board told me that they felt I was maybe a South American native (Peru or Brazil) and being punished by Spanish Conquistadors.

I would be happy to answer any further questions.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"Do you believe in reincarnation (past life regression)"

i have looked and i have looked. i have looked up, and i have looked down. i have looked forwards and i have looked backwards. i looked to the left and i have looked to the right. i have looked outwards, and i have looked inwards.

and i can not find it.

i can not find anything that ceases to exist no matter how much outward pressure is exerted upon it. it may change forms. it may be turned into liquid, or a solid, or light, fire, and smoke.

but yet, it still will exist no matter how much effort is put into making it not exist.

so, according to all the truths i know, i would have to say there must be some level of truth to reincarnation.

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

I'm interested in those who believe in reincarnation. I personaly do not believe in it, but being a hypnotherapist I've had people ask me about doing a past life regression. Before I venture into the unknown, I thought I'd get some general comments, ideas, thoughts - and I do hope someone here has maybe had past life regression sessions that you can share with me?

i love people who are not afraid to ask the right questions. good thread sister angelaladys.

Thanks all,

i thank you for my time, and i thank you for your time as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i can not find anything that ceases to exist no matter how much outward pressure is exerted upon it. it may change forms. it may be turned into liquid, or a solid, or light, fire, and smoke.

I agree - we definatly do NOT cease to exist. I have absolutely no question about that what so ever. My question is the 'before'. I'd love to have a client who has had feeling, thoughts or experiences, like yours annestacey, that believe and would want to do hypnotherapy to see how far we can go back and what we could discover.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
No I don't believe in it, however I do believe a lot of people think they have, maybe cause of fragmented memories, either from doing drugs, or slight chemical imbalences.

Who knows?

I believe when you die thats it for you here, you had your time to learn, to exprience and enjoy and or hate whatever has happened.

Eat Drink And Be Merry, because tomorrow you could die.

as for ceasing?
Your physical body and consciousness will, allow the earth to consume thee, after all it only supported us our entire lives, to hell with mumification, ashes to ashes dust to dust, return to the earth your carbon, oxygen, nitrogen etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I believe when you die thats it for you here, you had your time to learn, to exprience and enjoy and or hate whatever has happened.

So why do some people get to experience life through adulthood while others die so young without having had the chance to experience anything?

[edit on 30-9-2006 by annestacey]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
So why do some people get to experience life through adulthood while others die so young without having had the chance to experience anything?
[edit on 30-9-2006 by annestacey]

Sometimes things happen to us for our own good (not that we always understand it right now), and sometimes things happen to us for the good of other people. Like a baby that dies for example. Maybe the death of that baby caused it's would be parents to really understand how precious life is and maybe it changed thier thinking and outlook... so instead of having 'baby #1' and being 'so-so' parents, both with full time jobs and a babysitter, (or abuse, etc)... instead baby # 2 comes along with it's sibling and they have a wonderful family. Or maybe they become foster parents or maybe the adopt ...

Or maybe they were drugged up horrable parents that would have given that baby a tramatic life style...

Or maybe the death of that baby brought about new ideas and rules of thumb for law makers or the medical institution...

Or maybe the death of a young child brings the family memebers closer to their creator...

We just don't knew (right now) why some things happen. But we can know that all things can bring about good... no matter how tragic or terrible the incodent was.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have personally heard of it and studied it, it interested me because there were some of time when I was feeling as if I have lived in some places before. For example, when i was watching World War II movies, there were often I felt something hit me emotionally when I felt like i have gone throgh bloody battle. its just a feeling, but often I have no idea why I got a strong feeling telling me that. So i decided to ignore these and think these are sort of silly feeling, so I went on and do whatever I enjoy doing, playing video game, training fighting, talk with girls and etc...

But there were a time when I talked with my great uncle who was 'father' to my father, he was telling me storries about pacific war while he was a sailor on battleship that were pounded by japanese dive bomber. He got injured by blast from bomb that were dropped by dive bomber, and he was tellig me stories of how these aircraft flew... Each time he said these in very detailed way, for some of reason, I again felt like i have flown WWII aircraft after I felt like i have gone t hrough battle of hell... But i didnt' stop him from telling me stories when he got injured by last and survived.

I went to bed and once wondered why do i get these feeling, and when i hieard of meditate techqueis that would benefit me for fighting trainng (to train my body and mind), so i decided to try it. After several years in intense meditating training, there were a time when my mind shifted into me wondering these feeling i used to flew aircraft in WWII, and just for few moment, i suddenly slipped into deep meditate where the pictures began to create in my mind, i was seeing myself in aircraft, the sound of propeller roar, me slapping into high stress of Gs, it was so vivid when i felt the ferious of battle inside my feeling. Then my mind shifted me into seeing in meteor fighter (british's first jet that were used in WWII), and the sound of engine whining also hit me.

That is why I began to think about Reincarnation and how possible I might have lived before, and when i decided to see i died in WWII, i was tracing the sounds of WWII and pictures i saw through my sleep (dream) and meditate. then when i was seeing me in one of bomber, (I didnt know why i got into bomber while iw as in sngle fighter aircraft), then i began to heard loud flak shells exploding around me, along with another crewmen... The loud of 30mm cannon blazing over me from luftwaffe fighters, flak exploding violently around me, then i felt the terror when flak and cannon from enemy fighter hit the bomber I was in, suddenly bomber snapped into half from high stress from air and damaged airframe. I managed to get out from bomber when iw as slapped to wall inside bomber from spinning of high Gs stresses. I could hear the loud chute popping out while i was floating toward berlin, then slam myself on ground. That is where I was seeing POWs. And that is why i realized I always had bad feeling when i was seeing war movie that shows POW camp in these.

I once talked with a friend of mine about it and asked them what they think of it and why i was seeing and feeling it, they said "You should stop watching too much movie, you probablyh are just.... being drunk or something." And i got tired of this bull#s commetns i got from my own friends, so i decided to focus on these myself. After developing my own philosophy of how Reincarnation could possibiy work. I wrote this as my onw philosophy of how looking into someone's memory work...

(To be contiuned due to limitation of characters)

Chaoic out...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When i say memory... How do i define it... It is something we created when we experienced something with emotions, For example, when you had one of greatest moments of prom date with your girlend who you loved so much, then you go to hotel with her for a special night. You would never forget the strong emotions you had with her, suddenly she broke up with you in few weeks... YOu felt suddenly the terror of heart breaking down... Each time you remember it, it leaves a bitter tastes in your mouth and you would rather to spit it out... Trying to forget these horrible feeling you had, because it hurts so much when you remember it without asking for it. Then you move on, met a new girl that you loves so much, then you marry her... When you raised one of child that have a prom date. That is when you would began to feel something so familar, the joys and terror of it, it just hurt a LITTLE but not anymore, becuase your heart is in your wife. But my point is, when you remember something, you ALSO felt something because of emotion you left 'prrint' of when experiencing something big.

And I am going to explain why I believe in Reincarnation and will make a new story that explains example of how Reincarnation could work when it come to remembering someone's 'lost memory'. Lets say, suppose this person have achieved of being great warrior in gladiator and married a beauitful woman. he used to live in a farm with nice, beauitful lands but then he suddenly died a horrible death from an assassin that killed him through hisr slow, painful death. For some of reason, that person went into next life for his own purposes.

Then that person would begin to focus on how and why does it felt so familiar after watching different ancient roman war movies, after spending weeks and weeks on this, there would be time he would have a emotion or picture of backflash that would hit him suddenly. He began to remember the glory of battle inside your heart, then it would feel hurts because he felt as if he 'missed' it sorely after that person have gotten killled by painful death. That person would begin to remember more of emotions that he has experienced' through different experineces he created. That is what I define it as a memory, experiencing something with emotions you have created.

But if someone sees a picture without emotions or with no emotions at all like dream or seeing something in 'vision' form, then it is a vision that could mean different thing. if someone sees pictures in their mind or through third eye (if someone is familar with that term), then felt something, then that is a memories that they have created before. That is what I think of how seeing through vision with/without emotions work.

But if I dream and see myself in WWII aircraft and POW with no feeling or emotion at all, then I would have rule that out and see it just as a dream. But again, since I intensely felt something emotionally becaues I have created that experiences with emotions, each time I see myself in that pictures in my mind, emotions that I have created through these memory always hit me, so that is why I believe firmly in Reincarnation.

I hope this make sense to whoever read this, especially the story of how and why i felt as i have been through world war II. If someone is interested into talking with me about past life, please U2U me right away!

Chaoic out...

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I found this very interesting articles that explained alot about Reincarnation in very detailed, many differnt ways. Go to this link www.astralsociety.com... and one of these part explains about World War 2 which I am currently studying to find any of useful clues in revealing my lost memories of my old WOrld war II experiences.

And at the same time, I recenlty found this very interesting article about the famous Hollywood actor Glenn Ford that recalled his previous live through hypnosis... Im quoting this article from link I posted above:

A notable case of this is the famous Hollywood actor Glenn Ford. Under hypnosis, he recalled five previous lives - one in particular as a French cavalryman under Louis XIV. The astonishing part was that though Ford said he knew only a few basic phrases in French, under hypnosis he spoke French with ease while describing this life. And when recordings of his regression were sent to UCLA (University of California), they discovered that not only was Ford speaking fluent French, he was in fact speaking the Parisian dialect from the 17th century.

And also at this link, www.geocities.com..., read this short aritcle about a woman that recalled her past lives.

Jane Evans, a Welsh housewife, agreed to be filmed for BBC television being regressed back to a past life by Arnell Bloxham, president of the British Society of Hypnotherapists and a respected practitioner. She had originally consulted him about rheumatism and under hypnosis, revealed seven past lives including one life - where the regression was televised - where she identified herself as a Jewish woman living in the city of York in 12th century England.

She described many details of Jewish life at the time and how she and the local Jews were forced to wear badges to identify themselves. She also spoke of a terrible massacre of the Jewish population by the local townspeople. During this event, she recalled taking shelter with her children in the crypt of a local church, but they were discovered by the mob and that is where she died.

Professor Barrie Dobson, an expert on Jewish history at York University, was called in to check the information from her memories. He found that her description of 12th century Jewish life was impressive with its accuracy and in fact he was convinced that some of the details would have only been known to professional historians. However it also seemed that some details appeared to be quite incorrect. Firstly, it was not until the 13th century (1215 to be precise) that the Church authorities in Rome decreed that Jews in Christian countries were to wear special identification. Secondly, from her description, the church had to have been St. Mary's Castlegate, but it did not have a crypt.

However further investigation revealed that the practice of making Jews wear identification was already widespread in England during the 12th century before the church decree. Then astonishingly several months later, during renovation of the church a sealed chamber was discovered below the floor which appeared to have been a crypt - a very rare phenomenon indeed for churches in the area.

So not only did her regression bring forth obscure details which were historically accurate, it also yielded historical information which should most definitely not have been available at that time.

But I sometime had a bit diffcult time understanding how excalty I can quote articles without breaking ATS/BTS rules... If someone dont mind pointing me how to quote informations while keep following rules, please do so. I am trying my best with every of my efforts to keep my posts tidy, very informative while keeping following excalty what rules of this forum stated.

Chaoic out...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here is a website that details the reincarnation of a list of famous people. Very interesting stuff:

Return of the Revolutionaries:
www.johnadams.net...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoic_Black_Dragon
When i say memory... How do i define it...

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about that CBDragon. When I read the words above, reffering to memory... it struck a chord in me.

Like I said when I started this thread, because of my faith and believe (100%) in the bible, and because the bible tells us there is no reincarnation (I believe)... I can't believe it is true.
YET
There have been so many people I've only just met but feel as if we've known each other for a life time. And there have been 'memories' that I've had that were definatly not from this life time... or maybe not MY memories.

That's how I've always explained away these things to myself... that the feelings and memories and 'knowings' that I've had, since they don't belong to my life, this life... they must belong to a life past, someone else... like an imprint that I pick up on.

(SEE MODS... I knew this belonged in the paranormal section. LOL)

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Like I said when I started this thread, because of my faith and believe (100%) in the bible, and because the bible tells us there is no reincarnation (I believe)... I can't believe it is true.

Don't put all your faith in what the bible says. It was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas. Much was removed from the bible because it was thought that if people had multiple lifetimes to atone for their sins, the church would have no way of controlling them.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

Originally posted by Chaoic_Black_Dragon
When i say memory... How do i define it...

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about that CBDragon. When I read the words above, reffering to memory... it struck a chord in me.

YET
There have been so many people I've only just met but feel as if we've known each other for a life time. And there have been 'memories' that I've had that were definatly not from this life time... or maybe not MY memories.

That's how I've always explained away these things to myself... that the feelings and memories and 'knowings' that I've had, since they don't belong to my life, this life... they must belong to a life past, someone else... like an imprint that I pick up on.

(SEE MODS... I knew this belonged in the paranormal section. LOL)

I am very glad I am able to answers the questions you wonder about how memories work with emotions and how they are related with past life... And just like this person said, dont trust what bible said... I agree with him wholeheartly, DONT trust a book that were written by ancient men that were not familiar with past life memories and how it work.

However, i still truly respect of what you are, no matter who you are and if you wish to talk with me about past life, I will be more than glad to talk with you about it... Feel free to U2U me anytime!

Chaoic out...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

Don't put all your faith in what the bible says. It was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas.

it is an athiest that would choose not to believe there is a god.

it is an athiest that could say it was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas.

it is an athiest that is capable of believing god is separate from anything that exists.

god is always everywhere.

"i am the word"

ronald reagan.

what was he famous for?

"star wars" project is what crushed the ussr.

his star wars program was a "RAY GUN" .. . . raygun .. .... reagan . ...

row in all dragon.

ro in al dragun

ro n al dragun

ronaldragun.

drag gun [mirror] nug gard ....... nudge guard

what guard has been nudged?

the guard of the key.
the guard of the gates.
the guard of the kingdom.

peter, the rock.

Much was removed from the bible because it was thought that if people had multiple lifetimes to atone for their sins, the church would have no way of controlling them.

it was thought?
much was removed from the bible?

perhaps so, but no one can remove god from anything.

if i were an automibile, i would have enough love and enough empathy to know that if i were an automobile, i would feel guilty and shameful for polluting the air.

and a child shall lead them .. . . . .

and i would consolidate what an automobile would say into something short and simple, that would express the thought of "gas out my backside"

so an automobile would say:
"see, i fart"

see = c

so . .. .

"c i fart"

C I F A R T mirror T R A F I C

have a nice day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join