It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do presidents use a Masonic bible at Presidential Inaugurations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just read this on yahoo answers. Someone stated They use Washington's masonic bible or at least Bush did. I would assume whatever bible is used is the same one ever used. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
I just read this on yahoo answers. Someone stated They use Washington's masonic bible or at least Bush did. I would assume whatever bible is used is the same one ever used. What do you think?

Interesting, I had never thought about it, apparently the Manhattan-based St. John's Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons boarded an Amtrak liner for Washington, D.C., carrying the nine-pound, 234-year-old King James Bible in a special container.
All the answers are here:

www.thepowerhour.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is St John's Lodge the one who claimed Dick Cheney as one of their own?

So 6 presidents have requested a pre-revolutionary Bible owned by the Masonic order including both Sr and Jr Bush. Interesting.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by masonite]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I am still reading yoru link but isn't St John's Lodge the one who claimed Dick Cheney as one of their own?

The Lodge does indeed have a Richard Cheney as a member, but it's a different one than the vice president. This is what led to the confusion, and the false presumption, that the vice president is a Mason (he isn't).

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
ML

Was it St John's who hosted a picture of Dick Cheney though? I remember a lodge site who acually had a picture and dates of the VP. The last time I was able to view it was via wayback machine however well over a year ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

ML

Was it St John's who hosted a picture of Dick Cheney though? I remember a lodge site who acually had a picture and dates of the VP. The last time I was able to view it was via wayback machine however well over a year ago.

It was a NY Lodge, but I don't think it was St. John's. Or it could have been St. John's who had the picture, and another Lodge which had a Past Master named Richard Cheney (I don't completely remember).

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So did Bush request that bible?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeht

When you say a pledge on a masonic bible then who is the pledge to? Does anybody know the answer to this? or are they even willing to tell the truth since the propaganda around here is extreme at times.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

When you say a pledge on a masonic bible then who is the pledge to?

I'd say it doesn't matter if the Bible is a Masonic edition or not. Obviously, when one takes an aoth and calls God as a witness, the pledge is to God.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

When you say a pledge on a masonic bible then who is the pledge to? Does anybody know the answer to this? or are they even willing to tell the truth since the propaganda around here is extreme at times.

Noone will answer this question because the correct answer is one your not hoping for...your to closed off already to accept the real answer for what it is.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whats a 'masonic bible'? Whats a 'masonic King James Bible'???
How is it different from....any other bible?

If masons are using a KJV bible, then that'd make them rather orthodox in their take on the bible.

I recall reading that Jefferson (who, I beleive, isn't thought to have been a mason), tore out the pages from his bible that had blatant irrational miracles in them (being a diest, like washington, et al).

So if masons were using a regular old KJV bible, that'd make them pretty straightforward.

Question is....what happens when a president swears an oath on a Masonic Torah!
Or a Jewish Koran!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
many presidents have used that bible in their oath of office, including Warren harding, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Carter, and Bush Sr. . Bush jr was suppose to use it but rain prevented it.

but it isnt the bible of choice because it is masonic, but because it was the one that washington used, and probably no more then 50 people have placed their hand on it since.

now all that aside.. the torah is the first 5 books of the bible.. so wouldnt that masonic bible be a masonic torah as well?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123

Noone will answer this question because the correct answer is one your not hoping for...your to closed off already to accept the real answer for what it is.

DING DING DING DING....We have ourselves a winner !
Not many here will believe the truth. The truth is the Bible is used because it was used by Washington, any Masonic origins are consequential. I am sorry if that doesnt add to your irrarional fears of Freemasons but it is the truth non the less.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

Not many here will believe the truth. The truth is the Bible is used because it was used by Washington, any Masonic origins are consequential. I am sorry if that doesnt add to your irrarional fears of Freemasons but it is the truth non the less.

Washington was a mason and considered one of the greatest masons of all time. Furthermore he was instrumental in the design of Washington DC, masonic capital of the new world.

So when you place your hands on this bible you are praying to the mason god zabulon or whatever it is called.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Any one here aware of the fact that taking oaths at all is against Biblical principles, let alone taking an oath on the Bible itself. If one takes an oath on the Bible and calls God as a witness, chances are, if they know anything about the Bible in the first place, that they are not refering to YHVH.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by testingatheory]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

Washington was a mason and considered one of the greatest masons of all time. Furthermore he was instrumental in the design of Washington DC, masonic capital of the new world.

So when you place your hands on this bible you are praying to the mason god zabulon or whatever it is called.

If you swear on a King James Version are you praying to the Archbishop of Canterbury ?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Meh bored....nevermind.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Stratrf_Rus]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by testingatheory
Any one here aware of the fact that taking oaths at all is against Biblical principles, let alone taking an oath on the Bible itself. If one takes an oath on the Bible and calls God as a witness, chances are, if they know anything about the Bible in the first place, that they are not refering to YHVH.

Are you aware that God placed Himself under oath 17 times in the Bible, and that the Apostle Paul placed himself under oath 5 times in his Epistles?

If not, perhaps it isn't "everyone else" who lacks biblical knowledge. "Taking the Lord's name in vain" means swearing falsely.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Odd that that god isn't actually in washington's bible, since, after all, its a regular christian bible.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I recall reading that Jefferson (who, I beleive, isn't thought to have been a mason), tore out the pages from his bible that had blatant irrational miracles in them (being a diest, like washington, et al).

You're correct. I believe Jefferson was very opposed to many beliefs in the Bible. I've read some of his quotes on Christianity, and it seems he was geared toward believing only certain litteral aspects of Christianity, rather than all of it as a whole. It seems that he had disagreed with many teachings of Paul (Saul) as well as the OT, and felt it it had corrupted the Christian teachings. He said something similar to Jesus being the one who built Christianity, and Saul being the one to destroy it.

I recall reading that Jefferson went as far as created his own version of the Bible, by taking out the superstitious events, and other events he did not feel reflected upon true Christianity. His book is now known as the "The Jefferson Bible: The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth." Whether or not he included any Masonic beliefs in these writings is unknown to me, but it does look like he was a large supporter of religious freedoms for all.

He was quoted as saying:

"Read the Bible as you would Livy or Tacitus. For example, in the book of Joshua we are told the sun stood still for several hours. Were we to read that fact in Livy or Tacitus we should class it with their showers of blood, speaking of their statues, beasts, etc. But it is said that the writer of that book was inspired. Examine, therefore, candidly, what evidence there is of his having been inspired. The pretension is entitled to your inquiry, because millions believe it. On the other hand, you are astronomer enough to know how contrary it is to the law of nature"

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature"

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one. But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests. Sweep away their gossamer fabrics of fictitious religion, and they would catch no more flies"

[edit on 25-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join