It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd stuff at FredT's House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just a bit of a background before I relay my story. In 2000 my mother died in our house, in hospice care after losing a battle with Leukemia. In 2004, my mother in law also died in our house in hospice care after losing a battle with Leukemia. In an odd circumstance, they both had the same type and subtype of AML.

The house has been in my families hands since 1968. It was built in 1954 and purchased from the initial owners who are still alive and live down the street. The land it sits on was an orchard prior to the development being built.

Starting a few months ago, both my wife and I think we have heard noises at night. Sounds like doors opening / closing really light footsteps etc. One night both my wife and I started awake and in the dark room we felt that someone was in the room with us.

But the oddest part occured last few weeks. Our son who will be 4 in November began gettin up at 2-3 am periodicaly. Asked about this in the morning he has mentined several times that the "ghost" had visited. He did not seem scared by this in any way. A few nights ago, he woke up and said he saw "Umah" which is what he called his grandmother in the kitchen which he can see from his room at night.

At no time have we seen anything and many of the noises could be explained by the house itself but: Its a slab foundation and its the summer so its not really prone to shifting. I could write off the presence of the room but, both of us waking up at the same time and feeling the same thing is a bit odd. Nothing has been moved or misplaced etc. Our son was attached to "umah" and perhaps this is a manefestation of that but then why only at night etc?

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

[edit on 9/16/06 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
In my personal experience children are MUCH more sensitized to the spiritual realm than us as adults are. (Many argue that the innocence of children is squashed out as they become older.)

For me the time frame you mentioned is particularly insightful. No one can obviously say what time frame presents the weakest vail between our world and the spiritual. Although I tend to settle on the time of 03:00 to 03:30 as the time when one is most likely to expreince something super/ preter-natural.

I know this sounds rash, and I am only trying to help but... do not believe your son's thoughts that it is his grand-mother (Umma, I believe you said) For your child to state his grandmother as any other name than your families personal "knickname" of her is very troubling. Despite the fact, those which I believe you are dealing with (quid qua non what I believe sounds like an impostor entity) such a being would have personal knowledge of the past, the present, and the future in regards to any of your lives.)

Basically I would try to persuade your son that such idea non-sense. Could you imagine someone that has "let loose thine mortal coil" would be interesting in contacting our plane given where they are now, I can not, but I can think of a few other cat's who might be interested. I am not an overtly religious person but for your son to talk like that I would consider getting "religious" whatever your personal belief system dictates.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Very interesting,

Children a far more receptive to these thing than us adult's, it does sound like your child may be picking up on it,

Don’t be afraid to ask questions to your child in a relaxed way, maybe give your child some drawing paper and pens asking to draw pics of what they are seeing,

Keep a log of the events also, as it may show some form of pattern,

Love you to keep us updated on this.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's just your child's guardian walking around. You'll find most all people start experiencing supernatural phenom when they have children. The guardian is showing itself as the Granma because that is something that the child understands, but guardians show themselves as anything at all. When my daughter took her newborn home from the hospital all the people in her house started seeing a giant fluffy white cat floating through the house. Guardians are not like humans and don't think like us so it's difficult to communicate with them. They generally go back to their humans at about 3am so many people find they awaken at about that time every night and don't know why. You'll be told it is a demon etc etc but it's just a guardian being. If you leave your child alone too much and if he doesn't have lots of friends then the guardian will appear as an invisible friend or two. And if your child is in danger then the guardian may do things to make you pay more attention to your child so he'll be okay.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey FredT, I'm sorry for your losses, I had 3 members all die within 6 months of each other, and we all lived in my grandmother's house, and the place never felt the same since. I had nothing directly happen, but my cousin saw a full bodied apparation of my Aunt walkting through the kitchen and enter the bathroom, with a little cough as she closed the door, to accentuate the detail of the vision.

As far as your son seeing his grandmother, I would listen and observe, if your child is not disturbed by these visits, then there is no harm in it and do not discourage it. It may very well be Umah expressing her love, to her darling grandson.

Remember seeing spirits is a gift that adults lose, children should be encouraged.

-ADHD

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
FredT, one of the ladies that die in the house had some unfinished business with either you or you wife.

You son is the one visited because he is able to see who it is, between 2 and 3 in the morning is the time when for some reason our world and the other world get connected, occurs that is how I see it, I know why but it will be to complicated to say it here.

The problem with your son is that he already knows what Ghost are so he may be scare and that will make impossible for him to communicate with the visiting entity to see what it wants.

Perhaps you or you wife will be able to ask why the visitations and to tell you in dreams, it works most of the time.

Is not something to worry about but reassure you son that he will be OK.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thats a really interesting story Fred. I really don't know what to believe when It comes to ghosts even though I've had an experience I cannot explain. Has anybody here seen "A Haunting"? It's usually on the Discovery Channel Thursday evenings from 8 to 10pm every week. They show some really freaky stories on that program. I try to watch it everytime I can.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies everybody.

None of these events are anywhere close to being scary just odd given all the circumstances. I have given some thought to hooking in a IR camera to a large hard drive and seeing if anything comes of that, but for now the events have stopped (or so it seems) and have been pretty benign.

I will update if we have any other strange goings on

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Fred,

I hope you will keep updating this thread if further activity occurs. My thread has been very valuable to me as a way to keep up with when certain things happened. Also, sometimes it just helps to talk about it!

P.S. I think it's neat that your son saw "Umah".

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Actually Valhall I thought it was neat as well and esp since he was not afraid of whatever it was that he saw. They were the best of buddies while she lived with us
and he still asks from time to time where she is and opens the door and calles out her name

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hello Fred

I'm not an expert on the paranormal or any form of sleep psychology or conciousness, but do think at 2-3 am your son could be in a semi-dream state, or even sleepwalking?

I remember doing all sorts of freaky sleepwalking shenangans when I as about that age - I was convinced I was walking across the road to get the shops, and apparently I was found in the kitchen going through the frozen food.

As for noises and stuff - I dunno. I live in a modern Canadian house constructed on a slab of concrete, as opposed to old European stuff I have lived in, and it never ceases to amaze me just how noisy it is. And not just because of the badass critters constantly trying to invade my house.

Maybe it is his granny - but don't discount the more mundane things too.

TD

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi FredT, so sorry regarding Your loss.
Also sorry I have nothing to add to your subject as I have had no experiences in this area. But I'm sure glad your still at ATS FredT. Really happy to know Your still around this great place.

Most Respectfully,
Dallas

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The aura which surrounds us through life is a power that comes from both the earth and the universe. As it passes through us, it picks up certain signature traces of us and leaves them behind in objects around us. Some masses retain the energy longer than others. (Stones, gems and masonery hold the energy the longest.) What is happening is your loved one's presence is being replaced by the escaping energy from the objects in your home containing these 'life traces' of your loved one. You are sensitive to this energy because of the recent events in your life. Essentially, you are doing this and so is your child. This phenomena is used often by psychics to try to 'see' what happened to someone perhaps at a crime scene. They essentially attempt to 'read' the objects in the surrounding area.

If it scares you, don't worry, the objects in your home will not hold the 'life traces' for ever and this will eventually stop...(once the proverbial 'batteries' run out..).

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is nice to know that your son is not afraid, this type of things when it happens after a dear person passes away are common, they may be short time or they may come and go around the time of the person departure from earth.

Sometimes are issue that were not finished and sometimes they will find a way to comunicate.

Children of very young age have that gift that we all have forgotten after we age to see what others can not.

Always listen to your child and what messages he may have for you, one day he will just forget and you will never know what you may have missed.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just an update:

Its actually been rather quiet over the last few months. Matthew has spoken of seing his grandmother a few more times (once she was in his room the other time in the kitchen) As he is getting older he is getting more articulate. The TV in the room that grandma passed away did turn on one afternood a few weeks back. I checked with the neighbors and none have the same TV (its a Costco offbrand LCD) so its possible somebodies universal remote triggered it but the timer was off.

Christmas was my mothers favorite time fo the year so we will keeps ears and eyes out.

As I stated before nothing has ever been scary and my wife and hope that the two mothers if they are indeed visiting us feel welocme in what was thier home too!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Interesting,one of my old friends just came by and he had a similar experience in his old house.what ever was in his house was scary to his kids so probobly was not grandma.He had a guy also renting the basement apartment.The kids bedroom was above the apartment.The guy downstairs seemed to be always yelling at someone to get out but he was alone at the time.the kids would wake up in the night screaming about someone in the closet.Eventually the renter moved out and said something was in the basement bothering him.The kids would continue to see some one or some thing every night.My friend then felt bad for the kids and sold the house.In the new house the kids are fine and have never screamed in the night.This is a new house recently built.Damn ,wish he told me about that.I would have liked to try some experiments in that basement.

top topics

join