It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now You're Playing Wii th Power

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
sorry sony fanboys, you wont even be able to save the ps3.
fun factor > graphics

with the nintendo wii anouncement today it has become clear that nintendo is going to destroy the ps3 in the next generation wars.

how is this possible you ask? well the wii will create gamers who hate video games right now.

ps3 is going to get owned.

i have to go somewhere, ill write more later.

you can say all you want ps3 fanboys, we or should i say wii will have numbers to end this battle soon. the day after thanksgiving nintendo will have sold 1 million systems, ps3 can only hope to sell 400000. that is if it gets people to fork out the big $$$$$$.

ill end with this, fun factor owns graphics , anyday. peace

[edit on 14-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
600 dollars, no real good first party games, all the good games are third party multi-consoles coming to the xbox 360. Yeah, I say that the 360 and the wii will basically team up against sony, and will drop the prices.

after all, what would you pay for? one system for 600, or two for the same price?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
at the e3 expo microsoft said something along the lines of buying a 360 and wii instead of just one ps3. i think sony cried foul, and the rumors of a tag team started.

last poll i saw from japan in may said more people in japan wanted the 360 then the ps3. that isnt good news for sony when their japanee system is wanted less then an american system.

where are the sony fanboys ?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm a PLAYSTATION fanboy and will get it anyway but I'm not going to lie your probably right
but you can't deny that the PS3 is going to be a good system. Alot of my friend are thinking the same thing too.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Actually, I can deny that its not a good system lol.

Rumor has it, and theyre from some reliable sources, that Sony is downgrading the GPU and the Graphics Card in the ps3 to save costs, but not lowering the price, so they can stay in the black.

That means its still $600 dollars, but the graphics are now downgraded.

They're controllers with theyre 8 degree motion sensing, while novel, it inferior to the Wii's new control scheme, and is lacking vibration function. Also, very few games are actually taking advantage of the motion sensing, besides very pointless and most likely unresponsive ways.

Its feature games are shrinking, where many of its premiere games have been revealed to be multi-console games, meaning very few exclusives. Even MGS4, the star of the ps3, has been rumored to be crossing onto the 360.

Only thing really going for it well is the free online. But is theyre PS Online system is any example of how it will be, it will ultimately be unreliable, laggy, and with little support.

So in the end you have a 600 dollar machine, with no vibration function, very few exclusive games that will be worth the pricetag, laggy and unsupported online, and graphics that have been downgraded to the level of the xbox 360.

SOrry, I don't see anything really that good about it, especially not for 600. Maybe 250, even 300, but not 450 or higher.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ill admit , the ps3 will rock. the price is what turns me off.

ill also admit im a nintendo fanboy, have been since 1985 and will be after the wii.

nintendo just has a very innovative idea, and a so called evolution in the video game console market is long overdue. to do my part for the console wars, im going to buy me a wii, get my kid one to have at her moms, and im getting my 3 nieces one for xmas. so chalk me up for 3.

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Rumor has it, and theyre from some reliable sources, that Sony is downgrading the GPU and the Graphics Card in the ps3 to save costs, but not lowering the price, so they can stay in the black.

That means its still $600 dollars, but the graphics are now downgraded.

they fact they are downgrading shows they are worried.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I disagree with you on one thing elite. I dont think the ps3 will rock. THe ps2 didnt even rock, it was plagued with system destroying problems. Its customer service was downright rude to people (and I've experienced it first hand multiple times) and they purposely made it with cheap and faulty materials (which they were sued for) so they can save some money.

Add that with theyre elitist attitude, its no surprise people are turning away from it. I dont think the ps3 will be any different, it will just be more of the same, just as it was with the first ps. Faulty systems, poor quality construction, outrageous price, and elitist "youll buy it because we tell you" attitude to customers.

Remember, the playstation was born from a huge theft by sony from Nintendo.

I think its theyre last throws personally.

And I'm not a fanboy, I've had almost every system ever made. I dont discriminate, but I know from experience which companies I've grown to personally despise. So far Sonys the first.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Uh...Sony didn't steal anything. They worked with Nintendo, Nintendo kicked them to the side, and Sony used what Sony had created to bury Nintendo. Blame Nintendo for it's lack of foresight.

The PS2 did rock, probably harder than the PS. Don't take my word for it. Look at the sales figures. It speaks for itself.

I still fail to see whats so great about Wii's controller. What? A new way to play FPS's? Yeah, it's new but the Japanese suck at making shooters. They suck really really bad at making them. The controller is a gimmick and I just cant bring myself to buy into it.

If you're not a gamer or you're a Nintendo fanboy, you'll definately love the Wii.

Oh, and about that little crack about the Japanese wanting the 360 more than the PS3...well, thats completely false. Hell, even the gamecube continues to outsell the 360 over there.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
research the wii-mote a little bit. for wii tennis, u can put topspin on the ball. that is very responsive. if you actually think the fun factor of the ps3 will upstage the fun factor of the wii im at a loss of words.

what would you rather play, a boxing game on the ps3 with sweet graphics, or a boxing game on the wii.

would you rather play a fishing game on the ps3, or a fishing game on the wii.

would you rather play a lucas arts lightsaber fighting game on the ps3 or one on the wii.

research the wii-mote. it gives the wii a much much higher fun factor.

also the video gaming industry has its core crowd. the idea behind the wii is to capture peoples attention who dont play any system. these people wont only decide who wins the next console wars, they will help drop the atom bomb on ps3. at the end of november it probably will be 1million wii sold, 400000 ps3.

sony will never ever ever have the lead. they wont even finish second.

watch this video sony fanboys.
www.youtube.com...

these lines for the wii are why you had this
www.youtube.com...

watch the people RUN right past the ps3 booth
just watch that link sony fanboys

gl sony this battle will be epic. if you're lucky

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
elite gamer...People wont run past a PS3 booth...they will be running to it.

Playstation is in the lead...theres no denying that. PS2 is the most successful console ever created...and thats fact, not fiction.

I see this generation of console as such.

1. The Wii will sell the most, its the cheapest, and has innovative ideas, and you can play ANY nintendo game ever created using the system.

2. The 360 will take second, xbox live will still reign supreme in the online gaming world, Microsoft likes to have everything work well together...and every one loves good integration, and another new and good feature is live arcade...everyone loves the old classics.

3. The PS3 will be the highest priced, but most powerful of the 3 systems. They will sell good if nothing else because of there name...the playstation crowd that bought the first one and the second one...will also buy the third one...albeit, not all of them will. I think the PS3 will have the lowest sales out of all three.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My cousins a manager at a huge HMV here in the UK.

They just got told that there will be no pS3's for the Xmas rush. Yep were getting left out in the cold again at xmas by sony...

Oh and they have had all their marketing stuff taken back, because some of the specs on it regarding the power of the PS3 need to be changed!..

LONG LIVE THE Wii!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
elite gamer...People wont run past a PS3 booth...they will be running to it.

www.youtube.com...

they did run past the ps3 booth, on their way to the nintendo booth. watch the video on youtube. you can see the ps sign and you can see 100s of people sprint past it. read into the e3 expo.

intelligent graphics are wonderful, but they only satisfy the hardcore gamers.

that is why the wii is going to explode onto the market. its going to attract people who would never have imagined buying a video game system. i hope you watched the links i left. they are funny.

estimated waiting time to play the ps3 at the e3 expo was 20 -30 minutes. this was for the top of the line, pimped out , jacked on steroids ps3.

the estimated waiting time to play the low end wii was 3-4 hours.

dont you see something is going wrong for sony ?? why would people rather play the wii , with less graphics? FUN FACTOR, throw in price and sony is in trouble.

evolution in the gaming industry is not about higher graphics and processing power. we have reached the point where any game on the new consoles is eye pleasing. evolution is now becomming more player interaction, and nintendo is once again leading the way.

its not about having the better system on paper. its about profit, and nintendo is looking to have the best chance at making $$$$$.

i work with plenty of sony fanboys, and they have admited they will buy the wii instead of the ps3 simply because of price, and mostly because of the inovation and the potential fun factor.

if you have more systems , you sell more software, you make more money.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Personally, I like my 360, but I will be getting a wii. I feel though, in the long run, it will most likely not due as well. Mainly, nintendos had a bad track record, where after SNES most of theyre systems had a real good launch sales, but they dropped to very low afterwards, because they rarely support alot of games. For example, at work, we rent all three last gen systems. Theres 6 rows per shelf of games, and 6 games per shelf.

PS2 takes up 6 shelves.

Xbox takes up 5 shelves

Gamecube takes up 3 shelves.

Gamecube, in its five years, barely came out with any games. Most of those games are targeted to a younger audience, and many more were just Mario spinoff games.

If Wii follows this pattern, we might not see alot of games on it.

As for its graphics, its only marginally better then the gamecube.

Which means the entire system really hinges on the creative usage of the Wiimote.

Now, obviously the first party games will use it awesomely, but what about third party games?

Will developers really use the wiimote to its potential, or pull a Zelda, and only really use it as a gimmick. (yes I know zeldas a port, but its a good example.)

For example, lets say we have Madden 2008 out there. Its a multi-platform game.

Its also coming to the wii.

For a pperson looking to buy a system, and they really like madden games, and they look at the games overall gameplay on each system, what will they see?

PS3- They will see good graphics (well, unless its true that the ps3 got downgraded.) but a huge pricetag.

Xbox 360- Good graphics aswell, and good multiplayer.

Now what will they see with the wii? Obviously the graphics will not compete with the previous two systems. Its multiplayer? well its wi-fi, which limits the ammount of people that can play online (as not everybody has wireless broadband.) So it really comes down to the price tag and the wii-mote.

Now if this said third party developer, whom makes Madden, does something amazing with the controller. Lets say lets you throw the ball, with the wiimote, and write plays out with it, on the screen, and see the players actually do it. Well ,that might easily sell it.

But knowing third party developers usual laziness when it comes to ports, lets think what they might really see. Maybe a moveable camera. Thats probably all. Afterall its expensive to rip out the old controls and implement new features for a system.

And since the graphics are downgraded to the point of a last gen system, with a bizarre controller, and nothing much to add to that game, that potential buyer will now go and pick either the 360 or the ps3.

So theres a major predictament and potential downfall in the Wii. Its really solely hinging on the controller and the third parties devotion to doing something original and unique. And sadly, if you look at most games, originality and uniqueness isnt most developers specialty.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
they are going to open the market to NEW gamers. that is where nintendos power will come from. people are turned off by the numerous buttons on the contollers and graphics dont matter to people who dont buy any console.

the gaming industry has become stagnant and only hardcore gamers buy games. imagine taking a 10 billion dollar industry and making it a 20 billion dollar industry. imagine creating millions of new gamers. that is nintendos goal.

Originally posted by WolfofWar

So theres a major predictament and potential downfall in the Wii. Its really solely hinging on the controller and the third parties devotion to doing something original and unique. And sadly, if you look at most games, originality and uniqueness isnt most developers specialty.

the controller is exactly what gives anyone the chance to make a game original and unique. i cant wait to play the first lucas arts game whatever it is. ive heard rumors of the wii mote becomming a lightsaber. the sound of the saber will come out of the controller.

i have many systems, snes, sega genesis, panasonic 3do, ps1, ps2 , xbox , dreamcast, nintendo 64, gamecube, gameboy ds lite. games are always the same, better graphics, button pushing , ext ext.

its time for gaming to evolve. the wii mote is the start.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
here is the game included with the wii. 5 gamers with amazing potential for insane fun with your friends and family. when you buy the wii , out of the box you can play tennis, golf, baseball, bowling , and boxing.

wii.nintendo.com...

are you telling me those graphics are enough to turn you away from the fun that will be created. people dont sit around and drink beer with their college buddies playing the ps2. they will with the wii.

the replay value of wiisports is going to be off the chart. welcome to the next generation of video gaming.

what is more important? FUN or graphics. the reason we play games is for FUN right? how else did video games make it this far? the 8 bit systems , the 16 bit systems had pretty weak graphics.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

its time for gaming to evolve. the wii mote is the start.

Totally agree, but the problem is, most third party developers arent ready to evolve, if they like the status quo. Why do you think Each sports game or racing game is just a step up in terms of graphics and a new player or two, or each FPS is practically a cookiee cutter cutout from one another.

It really hinges on those devs aswell. With gamecube as proof, a system wont do well if it doesnt really have a good third party support that takes advantage of its capabilities.

Things look promising though, LucasArts is making theyre saberbattle game, which is enough for me to buy a wii alone lol.

But in the long run, I have concerns, and I think to brush them aside is foolish. Nintendos going to have to fight an uphill battle.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

here is the game included with the wii. 5 gamers with amazing potential for insane fun with your friends and family. when you buy the wii , out of the box you can play tennis, golf, baseball, bowling , and boxing.

wii.nintendo.com...

Wii sports might grab a few people.

Zelda will be good

Wario wont really attract many american gamers. Its just too wierd and out there.

Excite truck has an interesting control usage.

Big brain? meh.

Mario Strikers? ANOTHER sport game? meh

Battlion warriors II? Meh, doesnt feed the more mature gamer.

Metriod prime III? Meh.

Super Mario Galaxys? I guess might be interesting, but honestly, the last 3d mario game that was good was mario 64, and if they learned anything from the DS, they need to go back to the old school mario.

are you telling me those graphics are enough to turn you away from the fun that will be created. people dont sit around and drink beer with their college buddies playing the ps2. they will with the wii.

1) if you dont think people dont sit around and drink beer and play games, you've never been to a college dorm room with an xbox, Halo 2, and four controllers.

And no, the graphics arent enough for me to turn away, but for a potential buyer, a mature gamer, whos looking for which one to get, and he sees awesome graphics compared to mediocre ones, and a low game count, and the only thing thats unique about the system not being used well, then yes, it will sway theyre votes. Thats how its worked for about 15 years.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
low game count?

50 games by the end of the first quarter 2007. that is not a low game count.
wii.nintendo.com...

here is 150 games being developed.
en.wikipedia.org...

oh yeah i forgot to mention, old skool nintendo games!!!!!!!!!!
they better have sega genesis games to download. so many good games can be found there.
that makes 100s of games at launch. peace

we can just settle this arguement on wii boxing on nov 19

:bash:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

are you telling me those graphics are enough to turn you away from the fun that will be created. people dont sit around and drink beer with their college buddies playing the ps2. they will with the wii. [edit on 14-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

They don't????? You are not letting Nbot fanboyism cloud your mind are you? Weird how everyone I know plays the PS2 that exact way. I guess me and my roommates must be the only ones in the world who play games like Madden or EA NHL in a group.

Nintendo will be third again, the great majority of gamers are 18 and above and want something a little more mature then 20 different Mario and Pokimon games.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
my pc > you.

ps: nintendo is for toddlers.

seriously.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by Lysergic]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join