It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

6/W

I already posted a circle picture ( probably while you were doing that, thanks a bunch anyway!! that was nice)

see the building???

[edit on 17-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Hi RUFFREADY,

You can either use undo's grid or you can email to me and I will host it on my photobucket account.

If you want to do the latter u2u me and I will give you my email address.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I sent you a U2U-

also, thats cool if you can make that area I circled (grid 6/w) better -I see a flat base with a little square building (it sort of looks like an old WWII bunker/gun implacement)

the Moon is a harsh mistress (that was a book, who wrote it)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by undo

6/W

see the building???

So W and down to 6?
One sec, will check

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is a high resolution and larger version of that basic area, posted by Springer at the beginning of this thread and provided by John Lear. Click the image to see the whole thing:

the thick black line that is visible in yours, is not on the larger, high res version above. I'm not sure why. It could be that it was removed or it cuold be that the
one you posted interpreted the line across the image to one long stream of pixels. i have no clue other than that, for why they are different.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by sherpa

I sent you a U2U-

also, thats cool if you can make that area I circled (grid 6/w) better -I see a flat base with a little square building (it sort of looks like an old WWII bunker/gun implacement)

the Moon is a harsh mistress (that was a book, who wrote it)

Forgot to mention that's a zero in the email address not an o.

Robert Heinlein wrote the Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ruffready's image:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
sherpa, you are right! an "oldie but goodie", I dig them old scifi books! Slide rulers and all!

Undo, my eyes are bugging out of me head
let me pop one of these.....Ok, I'll go look again (but, who knows "air brush"? if we can find it on different pics..I wonder which pic is the 1st generation? ) looking now

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
here they are for comparison
Yours

Johns

Armaps

[edit on 17-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

wow!! thats weird. I wonder which one is the "real deal", I guess I'll (and anyone) will have to look at all photo's of that crater on the net. and come to some conclusion. Time for a break , will check in later, thanks again all!!

Ruff

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I have a slighty different version.

Copernicus

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Armaps

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you bigfatfurrytexan for the warm welcome.

About Copernicus: I think you are looking at two film strips that don't match perfectly. One of them got darker than the other for whatever reason.

Yesterday I posted a picture of the wrong crater. I should have made these orientation maps first.

AS11-44-6614

AS17-151-23138

W1: wall #1
W2: wall #2
W3: wall #3 - probably not a wall... what is it?
WL: wrong location for wall #1 in yesterday's post - sorry
P: pyramid

I'm waiting for TheBorg to confirm the location of wall #2. From his description I'm confident it's located at W2.

Why are W1, W2 and P not visible in Apollo 17 frames? Did I miss the correct crater again? Can't find the pyramid either.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
well this is the only I could fine that wasn't air-brushed (so far) -just click the picture of Crater Copernicus and it will be large enuff to see building

you have to go to search on this site ( skroll to bottom at yellow left, search is there) and type in "Crater Copernicus" and click it, to make big..see building.... it won't link page any other way other way

link www.honeysucklecreek.net...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

well this is the only I could fine that wasn't air-brushed (so far) -just click the picture of Crater Copernicus and it will be large enuff to see building

you have to go to search on this site ( skroll to bottom at yellow left, search is there) and type in "Crater Copernicus" and click it, to make big..see building.... it won't link page any other way other way

not so sure john's is airbrushed. since he claims he got the negatives
for it, the original negatives, anonymously or something like that, in the mail.

i suppose it could've been airbrushed on the negatives, but it's hard to believe that smaller one with less detail is going to be enough evidence to suggest the larger one in higher res is the one that's been modified, that is, unless we can find other examples that are better res and larger size that are similar to yours

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I found this photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov... (it needs to be blown up)

I found it here : photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

if the building is there , it should be real.

ruff

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
using my magnifier in see it on this one nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I got from here : www.astrosurf.com...

I'm going to wait till I find a really good one b4 I post any more of this particular crater. But so far its been in some and some it hasn't from the ones I've looked at on the web. Very weird.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
There is definitely something at the bottom of this crater. It is visible in several Apollo 11 frames:

Ahhh, ya shouldn't have named that pic after me...

But, since ya did, I'm having a big party up at the Hive this weekend. All are welcome to attend!! We'll have drinks, and can watch the Earthset.

On topic though...

I just am amazed that no one from NASA has made a statement about these things, as they are obvious to anyone looking.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i couldn't figure out what this was supposed to be. i had it up on my monitor, which is about 21 inches. walked into the kitchen, looked back at the screen for some reason and realized there was a box on the picture. i was like...huh? why didn't i notice that before. this is the building in the middle, the bunker looking thing in the ziggurat image, yes?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
undo: TheBorg's wall is at W2, the Ziggurat is at P.
Can you find them in AS17 frames? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places.

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join