It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Can't be Charged!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden may be a household name in the US and on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's "Ten Most Wanted List" but his name does not officially figure in the case regarding the September 11, 2001 terror attacks.

According to the FBI notice bin Laden is a suspected mastermind of the deadly American Embassy bombings of 1998, but is not listed for September 11, 2001 which means that the Justice Department is not seeking criminal charges for the "most notorious" and perhaps spectacular terror hits of 9/11, or at least till date.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So what happens if Osama is apprehended? If there's no case against this guy, will American law permit him to walk free to organise more terror attacks?

Or probably Amnesty International, the human rights watchdog, will demand his release as his arrest without bringing charges against him impinges on human rights??

in.rediff.com...

Funny world this!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Most likely he will be killed before being apprehended. Either because he was the mastermind of 9/11 *cough* Or because he knows things that they *cough* don't want him to spill. AAC

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I do not, for one minute, believe that Osama Bin Laden will ever be "brought to justice". Whether he could legally stand trial or not -- taking into account your statement -- is immaterial. The statement "Dead or Alive" seems to be the policy that is in place in regards to Mr. Bin Laden except there is a heavy emphasis on the "Dead" part and and "Alive" doesn't seem to be a part of that policy.

The last thing that the U.S. government would want, in regards to Osama Bin Laden, is to actually apprehend him, confine him and have him stand trial. 9/11 conspiracies aside, it would be a security nightmare to have to deal with a living Bin Laden. Though making a martyr out of Bin Laden would also present a special set of new problems, it would seem that, as far as Bin Laden is concerned, Americans are out for blood. Osama has already been tried, convicted and sentenced to death in the court of public opinion.

Besides, when taking into account the 9/11 conspiracies, it would be to the Bush administrations advantage to deny Osama 'due process'. No messy questions to be raised or, worse, answered. It would be a further advantage for the Bush administration and, of course, the Republican Party if they can bring "the head of Osama Bin Laden" to drop at the feet of the American Public.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Most likely he will be killed before being apprehended. Either because he was the mastermind of 9/11 *cough* Or because he knows things that they *cough* don't want him to spill. AAC

Exactly! Is it any wonder that with all the electronic gadgetry, ELINT, SATINT, HUMINT and what-have-you and a myriad Intelligence agencies at their disposal, nothing has come about even after five long years?

So back to 9/11. Whodunnit?

[edit on 29-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Bush isn't looking for Bin Laden, he got what he wanted from the operation and has moved on.

Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.
-George Bush 2002

Which is funny because he had just said...

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush -Sept. 2001

Then said...

Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden.
- G.W. Bush -Dec. 2001

Then finally told the whole truth...

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush March 2002

And he called Sen. John Kerry who investigated BCCI by the way, a Flip Flop.

Another favorite Bush quote of mine...

"There were no weapons of mass destruction."
- G.W. Bush 2004 (Televised Presidential Debate)

So um, obviously this raises the question if we aren't looking for Bin Laden, who's probably dead, and there weren't any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, then what the hell are our boys doing in Iraq and Afghanistan six years later? Why did we turn down several offers from various nations of Bin Laden's extradition to the US, where is, and what is the evidence of his involvement in 9/11 we promised to deliver to the Taliban in exchange for his extradition rather than invading Afghanistan? Why was Osama meeting with the CIA in Dubai weeks before 9-11?
You've asked a good question though in this thread, why isn't he even on the list of suspects for 9-11?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
He is on the FBI most wanted list because of other cases, so if he is detained he could be charged because of those other cases but not 9/11.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

If there's no case against this guy, will American law permit him to walk free to organise more terror attacks?

They have a case against him for other charges and one would think they could make a pretty good case related to 911 with all the videos he has released in the past and those to come. He has made it very clear he is behind it since he took the credit for the attacks.

Osama bin Laden was put on 'The Ten Most Wanted' list in June 1999 after being indicted for murder, conspiracy and other charges in connection with the embassy bombings, and a $ 5 million reward was put on his head at that time.

in.rediff.com...

[edit on 8/29/2006 by shots] extra DIV

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For all those complaining about not finding him....you've obviously never been to a mountainous region like pakistan or afganistan.

Once again the 'armchair' quarterbacks step up and talk about environments they know nothing about. PATHETIC.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Osama has already been tried, convicted and sentenced to death in the court of public opinion.

Well, openly admitting to it does tend to lend some credibility to it as well...

IF he's found, it would be far more tactical to simply have him die in the crossfire, and I'm fairly certain that is the plan...

With Saddam, there were reasons for bringing him in alive. Those reasons do not apply to Osama...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So what happens if Osama is apprehended? If there's no case against this guy, will American law permit him to walk free to organise more terror attacks?

No he would not walk free because as It says in your source he is wanted on other charges.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is the subject I'm trying to address here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If OBL is not responsible (nor Sadaam), then who is? It's been FIVE YEARS now. Who's responsible damn it? Right now it's looking more and more like 9/11 was an 'inside job' because WE'RE NOT EVEN LOOKING FOR "THE BAD GUY" ANYMORE! You say WTC... I say WTF?!?

FBI says, “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”
Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

You know, there is an awful lot of evidnce put forth on this site about 9/11 being an inside job. I try to keep an open mind. But to me, even if one whole heartedly believes the 9/11 commision, the fact that the government is no longer interested in or doesn't have enough evidence on OBL makes me wonder if the CT'ers aren't correct.

We, particularly the media, should be f'n demanding an explaination and some answers from this "administration"!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots...and one would think they could make a pretty good case related to 911 with all the videos he has released in the past...

There are questions as to the authenticity of the 'confession' tapes and also whether the tapes were translated wrong. From what I've read, on most tapes he has praised the attacks but has not taken direct responsibility.
The Fake bin Laden Video Tape

I like this quote...

"For those who see this tape, they'll realise that not only is he guilty of incredible murder, he has no conscience and no soul, that he represents the worst of civilisation," said President George W Bush

Then why the hell don't you care where he is any more George?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In order to charge him . . . they have to find him . . .

That will never happen . . .

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You right. Especially with a president who says this...

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush March 2002

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
For all those complaining about not finding him....you've obviously never been to a mountainous region like pakistan or afganistan.

Once again the 'armchair' quarterbacks step up and talk about environments they know nothing about. PATHETIC.

Oh yeah? I'm NOT an armchair quarterback dude. I know the environment too well. I've operated in harsher environments. Fifteen years in counter insurgency and spec ops. If you wanna find a guy, you find him. Good intelligence is the key word here.

With all the means of intelligence-gathering at America's disposal, that little bearded whimp, OBL, has still not been found? Sounds too darn fishy to me. So what gives? The fact is the US doesn't wanna find him. Period. Or those skeletons will come tumbling out of the cupboard.

Get what I mean?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Exactly! Is it any wonder that with all the electronic gadgetry, ELINT, SATINT, HUMINT and what-have-you and a myriad Intelligence agencies at their disposal, nothing has come about even after five long years?

So back to 9/11. Whodunnit?

[edit on 29-8-2006 by mikesingh]

None of that technology is of any use in getting someone in Pakistan. The US is not allowed to go in there, so as long as OBL is in Pakistan, we can't touch him.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
T
If OBL is not responsible (nor Sadaam), then who is? It's been FIVE YEARS now. Who's responsible damn it?

Ramzi Bin al-Shibh

top topics

join