It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun clip inquiry...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello,

My inquiry has nothing to do with science or any form of conspiracy, but I had an odd encounter that has to do with any gang-related ritualism. I was at some bar, chilling out last night having a drink and working on my ideas on my sketchbook. Some guy, obviously drunk, pointed out my artwork, sat down in front of me...blew out one of the candles and started chatting.
Then, he talked about the creative work, etc..and looking at some of my stuff.
EDIT: by the way, I was playing this real cool because I lived in the big city and know how this goes.
Two of the other guys by the bar, after he went to the restroom, they went "Oh, that dude's gonna shoot you"..I shrugged it off and went back to drawing. I could'nt hear much due to my hearing deficiency let alone reading their lips.
So the guy returns to the bar..while one of the waiters asked if they could take one chair from my table to another and I said 'go ahead'.
Then, the guy took out a clip magazine to which I glimpsed...and a few minutes later, he popped out one of the bullets (a Federal 45 Auto) with blue hollow point from the clip onto my table and complimented on my drawings and said to keep it up and left.
Now I did'nt see a gun at all or if he's a Fed or a gang member or just a hunter up in Vermont...but I'm curious if this is a typical gang behavior of dropping a bullet or giving one to someone as a sign of something?
Do Fed agents or police officers do this?
PM me privately about it if you can or post it...I want to find out what's up with that behavior.

Thanks.

-A

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Sanctum1972]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
well in chicago some gang members mite leave a bullet as a sign of peace or respect
they say every bullet has a persons name on it and well i suppose you found yours

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You may have encountered the descendent of the fabled hero of the wild west -- The Lone Ranger.

Of course, you might have just encountered a wannabe (Fed, gangsta, "cool dude") .....some guy who is wandering around with a .45, feeling cool carrying a weapon. However, with no reason to carry and actually use his weapon, he may have just wanted to express 'just how cool he was' to someone, anyone, YOU.

I can't see a Fed acting like this. If he was undercover, well, he would have "blown" it. Perhaps, as was suggested, he was, indeed, a gang member. Who knows how some gang sub cultures express appreciation. Giving you a round may have been some sort of kudo.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hmm...that could be what it means. I still have it here with me from last night. It's most likely that:

1. A 'wannabe' thug
2. A white gangbanger showing respect.

I had a feeling it was one of those two..from my instincts.

-A

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Federal's .45ACP rounds aren't blue tipped, but Glaser makes one that is. I would not personally want to be shot with either.

By carrying a weapon into a premises which serves alcohol, the idiot was committing a crime, even if he had a valid CCW permit. Interesting side note - Vermont is the only state in the US which allows people to carry a concealed handgun without the need to have a permit.

Bottom line - you had an encounter with an armed and possibly intoxicated moron. Coming out of it with a free bullet is a good thing.

Bag the round and take it round to the local police station - they can lift his prints and possibly ID the perp - I'm sure they would like to have a chat with him.

Law abiding citizens who carry weapons have zero tolerance for these Rambo wannabees - report him.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER, Retseh Mine is legal, and has the safety on at all times.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The blue bullets I have seen have been nylon type plastic coated. Dark blue. I dont recall the brand but they were in nickle cases..silver looking verses the standard brass. The ones I saw were .38 special caliber bullets. I am sure this type of nylon coated bullets came in all calibers. These were sometimes called cop killers. I dont know if this is true or not. I do know they used to sell them in Wal Mart. Police departments have access to all kinds of ammo not usually available to the general public if they can fit it in thier budgets. Especially the SWAT teams.

However I agree with many of the posters. Constabulary or not ..alcohol and firearms are a very poor mix. I seldom drink alcohol here and I certainly dont mix alcohol and firearms. I dont reload either if I have been drinking.

AT our gun club you can get falling down drunk if you want. It is private property. Just dont let anyone see you pick up a gun when you have been drinking. They will pull your membership. They dont play around with alcohol and guns. Period. I think they are correct on this.

Orangetom

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Barnes makes XLC bullets, that are colored blue, i think several ammo manufacturers use those. I don't know if they do those solid copper bullets for handguns.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
FYI, the device that holds bullets in most semi and fully automatic firearms is a magazine not a clip.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Orangetom is right - Federal did make a blue tipped bullet (now discontinued) that was called Nyclad as in Nylon Clad.

I don't believe they made them in .45ACP though.

Good catch Orangetom.

new topics

top topics

join