It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is angry over IAEA demands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think Iran is hiding something from the rest of the world ...............they will have to be dealt with before too long.

TEHRAN, Iran Nov. 2 � Iran's supreme leader said Sunday that "excessive demands" from abroad could prompt Tehran to retreat from a recent commitment to give inspectors from the U.N. nuclear watchdog more access to its atomic facilities.

Iran agreed last month to allow unfettered inspections of its nuclear facilities and to stop enriching uranium a process that creates fuel for nuclear plants but also can be used to build weapons.

"If parties to the talks with us or centers of global power come up with excessive demands and we feel that our interests and values are harmed, we won't hesitate to end this trend (of cooperation)," Khamenei said in a speech on state-run television.

"Peaceful nuclear technology is our legitimate right and no country and no organization can deprive us of this right, including the right for production of our own nuclear fuel."

Khamenei spoke before a large group of military and government officials at a party marking the daily breaking of the fast for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Khamenei, who has the final say on all state matters, said he will intervene to stop the Iranian government from making decisions he considers inappropriate.

"So far, nothing has been done against our principles," he said. "Wherever I feel that a step has been taken against the directions and goals of the establishment, I will stop it."

abcnews.go.com...

at least thats what I think anywho.....

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sharon just went to Moscow today to discuss this with Putin as well.

MOSCOW Nov. 2 � Prime Minister Ariel Sharon arrived Sunday in Moscow for a summit with President Vladimir Putin expected to focus on Israeli concerns about Iran's nuclear program and a Russian-backed U.N. resolution on a Mideast peace plan.
Israeli officials traveling with Sharon said the talks on Monday would also touch on proposals for improved intelligence sharing in the international fight against terrorism.

Iran has pledged to open its nuclear program to unfettered inspections and to suspend uranium enrichment. But Israeli officials fear Iran is continuing to covertly acquire nuclear arms know-how, at least some of it from countries of the former Soviet Union, possibly including Russia.

The head of Israeli military intelligence told a parliamentary committee last week that, if unchecked, Iran would have a self-sufficient nuclear weapons capability by next summer.

abcnews.go.com...

So Iran could have nukes by next summer if they dont already have them now.

I guess summer "2004" will be "The Summer of Love" huh?

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If Iran is as far along as has been 'documented' and speculated, they will be nuclear capable by the end of next year, despite their "intentions" to submit to IAEA.....bet on it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Prepare for gulf war III coming in 2004!

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think Iran should get nukes indeed, that's the only way to get some respect these days. Iran is not harming anyone, look at what happened to Iraq, they had no nuke, and now they have no country either.

Look at North Korea, they have nukes, and now US is backing off, like I've said many times before.

All who thinks that Iran having nukes means a world war, has a rotten mind. Because there is not even 1 valid reason why US, Israel and many others may have nukes and Iran not, perhaps because they have a lot of oil, that's maybe why they may not have them.

We in the west are slowly destroying our self thanks to our ignorance, and disrespect for other human beings inhabiting this world. If we really think we can go around the globe and tell people what they can and what they can't do, be sure they'll protest.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I guess Iran was upto something from what this report states.

Tuesday, November 11, 2003 Posted: 5:53 PM EST (2253 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The International Atomic Energy Agency has concluded that Iran has secretly produced small amounts of nuclear materials, including low-enriched uranium (LEU) and plutonium that could be used to develop nuclear weapons, according to a confidential report obtained by CNN.

"Iran has now acknowledged that it has been developing, for 18 years, a uranium centrifuge enrichment program, and, for 12 years, a laser enrichment program. In that context, Iran has admitted that it produced small amounts of LEU using both centrifuge and laser enrichment processes, and that it had failed to report a large number of conversion, fabrication and irradiation activities involving nuclear material, including the separation of small amounts of plutonium.".......................

In addition, in another move welcomed by the IAEA, Iran informed the IAEA's director general that it had "decided to suspend, with effect from 10 November 2003, all enrichment-related and reprocessing activities in Iran."

However, the IAEA report notes that it will now put Iran's words to the test and "undertake all the steps necessary to confirm that the information provided ... is correct and complete."

www.cnn.com...

So the IAEA is gonna hold Iran to their word I guess?

Im sure something more will develop soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I guess all the other countries dont think Iran could be a future threat in the coming years huh?

VIENNA, Austria Nov. 19 � European nations on Wednesday focused on ways to heal a growing rift with the United States over how harshly to censure Iran for hiding parts of its nuclear program.

The move came as the Bush administration suffered a setback via a proposed EU-backed draft resolution that would urge Iran to continue cooperating with the International Atomic Energy Agency but refrain from strong criticism of its actions, diplomats said.
Twenty-five European nations met late into Wednesday night to find ways to compromise with the United States and its allies.

No more than three nations on the 35-member board Canada, Australia and Japan supported Washington's stance, diplomats said. Instead, the majority favored the proposed resolution authored by France, Germany and one of Washington's closest allies, Britain. Russia and China also supported the European version, the diplomats said.

abcnews.go.com...

Only 3 nations huh???

top topics

join