It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora Texas 1897 crash......??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on this, I think it is a HUGE find, especially that a body was buried AND parts of the craft were supposedly dumped in the well that is now sealed up. Your thoughts...........

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have not come zcross this before so I would be very interested to read more into it

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY27
What are your thoughts on this, I think it is a HUGE find, especially that a body was buried AND parts of the craft were supposedly dumped in the well that is now sealed up. Your thoughts...........

www.rense.com...

Interesting but If anything was there the GOV. will have moved it now.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I read about this before but why in the world would a grave sit there untouched for this long?

I'm wondering what they did with the "papers"? Maybe in the old library stuck between the pages of an Edgar Allen Poe book....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The local community or city council or whoever it is that has the authority to give researchers the autority to dig up the grave wont let them. They say the dont want the publicity.

This is the easiest UFO case I have heard of that can be either proven to be an alien or proven to be a tall-tale. Too bad we cant find out which it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Aurora "crash" is generally regarded as a hoax by anyone that has spent any time looking into the stories.

Kevin Randle (the author of several books on Roswell) has said "The Aurora Crash was nothing more than a hoax."

Jerry Clark (author of the "UFO Encyclopedia" and not generally regarded as a sceptic) has said "The Aurora airship crash never happened, at least in this reality..."

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wonder how they determined it was a hoax ?
Supposedly the ranch where it crashed has a well that is contaminated by heavy metals.
It was too long ago for any witnesses to be around, but I believe there was a story published in a newspaper at the time ?

I heard the gravesite has been moved.
So even if they'd give permission, it probably couldn't be found.

It seems unusual someone would attempt to hoax a UFO back in the 1890s.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Not really. UFO hoaxes (or at least "airship" hoaxes) were very popular in press stories in the late 1890s.

We now merely have more varied forms of hoaxes (photos, audio, video). The desire to create hoaxes remains.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Not really. UFO hoaxes (or at least "airship" hoaxes) were very popular in press stories in the late 1890s.
We now merely have more varied forms of hoaxes (photos, audio, video). The desire to create hoaxes remains.

Some things most people don't consider: H.G.Wells' War of the Worlds was first published in 1898 and, even earlier, in 1877, Schiaparelli reported canals on Mars. The public was primed and ready for alien UFO hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

... I believe there was a story published in a newspaper at the time ?

Hi again,

Sorry, I forgot to post a link to the newspaper story that Schaden mentioned.

An image of the relevant article from the 19th April 1897 edition of the Dallas Morning News available at the link below:
ufologie.net...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY27
What are your thoughts on this, I think it is a HUGE find, especially that a body was buried AND parts of the craft were supposedly dumped in the well that is now sealed up. Your thoughts.

Back in the cowboy days, newspapers, rather than stick to boring objective journalism, used to make up all kinds of crazy stories to keep their readers entertained. That's what paid Mark Twain's bills for a long time.

That being said, what really happened was a partially failed time travel experiment that sent a pilot, ironically flying a modified "Aurora" spy plane, back into the past. Judge Proctor's windmill was destroyed, along with his flower garden, which was a real shame, because the Judge really liked those flowers.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I saw a show about this incident.....and it was very interesting....

I know the city council or whomever will not allow any diggin to be done at the graveyard...and the well is not accesible at this time either if I remember right.

Also I believe that there was a flood or something happened at the graveyard site and head stones had to be repostioned as well so the actual burial plot would be hard to locate.

There was a headstone at one time with the etching of an alien type creature on it...but this headstone has since disappeared also......

Could this story be true...sure it could be....but I don't think we will ever know.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AirZeroX
There was a headstone at one time with the etching of an alien type creature on it...but this headstone has since disappeared also......

That's what I have always been told. People say that the marker was stolen quite some time ago.

I don't know what to make of this instance. I've heard people say it was an attempt to attract tourists and make a name for the city.

For reasons unknown, the Aurora Cemetery Association fought the attempts to exhume the alleged alien body.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Maybe because it will be talked about more if it's still a mystery.

This "crash" really doesn't interest me all that much. I don't even look over and think about it anymore when I drive to Giant Burger in Rhome.

I loathe the day they made us watch The Aurora Encounter back in elementary school.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hey BrandonK, I was raised in Boyd and attended Springtown schools. We had to watch the Aurora Encounter there, too. Is Giant Burger still open?

Anyway, having been raised in that area, I often heard people debate the event. Many of the old timers were quite convinced that it happened and I had more than one history teacher swear that it was true.

Unfortunately folks in the area won't allow any serious research so we may never know the truth. I can tell you that folks there now certainly don't want attention. The last thing they want is to have a Roswell atmosphere develop. I also get the feeling that they don't want their bubble popped either, in case it could be easily proven a hoax. For some, the story is a part of their history and they don't want it proved or disproved because, either way, that would ruin it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have an old history book of several families that lived in the Aurora area at the time.
if it happened, an event of this magnitude would of been written in.

I remember watching Aurora Encounter when it first came out lol...

Alcoholic alien having a few sips lol.............

[edit on 10-8-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Believe it or not! this was the subject of a thread some time ago. The thread was called Martian Astronaut Buried in Texas Cemetery
and can be found at
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...
you might want to check it out as there are some interesting Links there also.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes, Giant Burger is still open. I've wanted to go for a while. I might go there on Saturday... Greasy giant burger *Homer Simpson drool*

That's one creepy little alien. That surely is a horrible movie.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If we just bulldoze are way with federal agents, the military, and news reporters into Aurora, Texas we can surely then find the truth behind that story. After all finding an extraterrestrial dead or alive will become the greatest find in human history. So instead of investing so much money with space explorations, we should just find what is in that well.

If we find nothing, then I'll gladly go to a mental institution and we can all go back to our daily lives.

new topics

top topics

join