It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Alert, Egyptians Missing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
When I made this thred I did not know if the title was the best way to go or not. But I am glad everyone is have a nice laugh about it.

It is good that every one can have a nice laugh when concerned about such a bad thing.

Still hopeing they will all be found.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I guess this is funny. Racial profiling and instant paranoia play into the fact that a bunch of students who could be missing for a lot of innocent reasons are suddenly thought to be dangerous. The thing is I didn't find this story amusing at all. Missing people aren't that hilarious. I guess their families aren't laughing as well.

Would you laugh if your loved one suddenly ended up missing? And how would you feel if other people started laughing at your loss?

However, there is a little conspiracy bent to this story, though.

I wonder why the students went missing on all days when there are Primaries across the country? To remind the American populace of "national security" and "9/11" ? I wouldn't be surprised.

This is probably not anything important. Just publicity to stir up a little insensitivity, nationalism and a sense of fear when disapproval of the war is plummeting.

Those students will probably be part of the "October surprise". Watch.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
This is probably not anything important. Just a little plant to stir a little insensitivity, nationalism and a sense of fear when disapproval of the war is plummeting.

Eleven arrive at the same time for the same destination and then don't show up? How can one not worry about this. It appears they had no intention of heading to Montana to me.

So why did they come? Yes, this is cause for concern no matter how you look at it. It would seem tht their families should be contacted for further information. Thee certainly are enough of them that some inconsistencies would arise upon questioning and then take it from there.

Wonder if their tuition was already paid?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This is probably not anything important. Just publicity to stir up a little insensitivity, nationalism and a sense of fear when disapproval of the war is plummeting.

Ceci,
I really do hope you are right. I just have not seen in information to make me think that is what happened. I dont think we should have less vigilance over this incidant just because public support for the war has plumated.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

On the contrary, this would make it more important. No matter which side you view this from (11 missing men with nefarious intentions, or a false story planted to whip fear) it's no less troublesome, or less important. Both of those scenarios make the oogie feeling in my tummy.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Relentless and RedGolem,

I hope that these answers will be found soon. But I do know that the authorities will be highly involved to find them quickly before this gets out of hand.

We're still a society that is jumpy after 9/11. Any little thing can stir us. And this little story just makes the hairs stick up on the back of everyone's neck.

The problem is, when are we going to start embracing our fear and take control of our lives instead of letting the news scare us with every story like this?

I don't want it to be a horrible outcome. OTOH, I don't want to expect the worst as well.

Vahall,

The "planted story" scenario was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news. I really hope that things turn out well. But you can never tell what might happen in this day and age. I just find it a little peculiar that the students would be lost on the Tuesday Primaries out of all days.

The truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I guess this is funny. Racial profiling and instant paranoia play into the fact that a bunch of students who could be missing for a lot of innocent reasons are suddenly thought to be dangerous. The thing is I didn't find this story amusing at all. Missing people aren't that hilarious. I guess their families aren't laughing as well.

Would you laugh if your loved one suddenly ended up missing? And how would you feel if other people started laughing at your loss?

However, there is a little conspiracy bent to this story, though.

I wonder why the students went missing on all days when there are Primaries across the country? To remind the American populace of "national security" and "9/11" ? I wouldn't be surprised.

you failt to realise they are there in the country illegally. How can ELEVEN young Egyptians suddenly go missing, maybe because they are there illegally and don't want to be caught?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The problem is, when are we going to start embracing our fear and take control of our lives instead of letting the news scare us with every story like this?

Ceci,
It is my exsperence that sometimes haveing a good dose of fear, and acting on it, not on impulse but in a reasonable as the situation warrants mannor, is good for your own preseveration and the preseveration of the people close to you.

We are all hopeing that this is just a mistake, but we can not act on those hopes.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thought I'd copy their names here.

1. Ibrahim, El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed; DOB OF 4/29/1986.
2. El Dessouki, Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed; DOB OF 02/21/1985.
3. El Bahnasawi, Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali; DOB OF 04/02/1986.
4. Abd Alla, Mohamed Ragab Mohamed; DOB OF 02/15/1984.
5. El Laket, Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi; DOB OF 09/01/1986.
6. El Ela, Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou; DOB OF 02/02/1985.
7. El Moghazy, Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed; DOB OF 08/08/1986.
8. Abdou, Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa; DOB OF 02/25/1984.
9. El Gafary, Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa; DOB OF 07/01/1988.
10.Maray, Mohamed Saleh Ahmed; DOB OF 09/12/1985.
11.El Shenawy, Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad; DOB OF 08/12/1988.

Also, I just pulled my head out and noticed they've been missing since July 29th.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Maybe their here to fulfill the american dream. You know the one where you can earn a whopping $5.15 an hour. Don't you need 'someone' to pump your gas for you ?

On another note, it is odd their missing but entertaining to watch all the paranoia ensue. Fear is such a powerful weapon and they've got the us by the short & curlies.

brill

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the feds think they might be in NYC. I hope my sumo lounge arrives before they do whatever it is they're planning on doing. I want to be comfy when it comes.

in all seriousness, this really doesn't sound very good. Hopefully they'll turn up in times square, either trying to score tickets to Spamalot or perhaps simply checking out the skin at one of our many strip joints.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The only bad feeling I get about this is it smells like more government generated hysteria.

When you add together the facts, that the American public is getting fed up with this administration and its lies, and more are starting to question 9/11, the war in Iraq,ect....then the powers that be are beginning to realize that the population is not properly "worried and vigilant". So they come up with this crap in the hopes people will snap back into line.

Its funny. None of these guys are on any terrorist watch list or have any links to terrorism that are known. Yet the FBI is saying "approach them with extreme caution".

Guilty by nationality. Welcome to America, enjoy your stay.
#

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This REEKS of suspiscion.. and I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this.

Here's what we have:

Names
Ages
Race

Nothing more. No descriptions, pictures, or identifiable aspects.

Are you scared? Judging by the last 2 pages of posts, you are. The big bad terrorists may have slipped in.

Or.. Maybe these people don't even exist? Maybe they're generated to intice fear back into the slowly slumbering minds of the American public on the Eve of an anniversary of terror?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The 11 were part of a group of 17 heading to MSU. Apparently the other 6 made it and have no idea what happened to their colleagues. The original report also said that they all got delayed in Customs and all but a few missed their scheduled connecting flights. What troubles me is that they disappeared almost 2 weeks ago. This story is national news and one would think that at least one of the eleven would come forward and say he got stranded in NYC or something. Or someone that came in contact with one of them over the past 10 days would come forward and provide some information. 11 young men just disappearing into the woodwork in a foreign country just seems improbable.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's quite common, as I understand it, for foreign students entering the US to go AWOL. They either go to see the sights before showing up for classes, or they go to enjoy some of the vices available here that may not be readily available in their home country, or they simply want to live and work in the US without going through all the rigamarole of becoming naturalized/legal aliens.

Before 9/11 this happened constantly, and nobody really thought twice about it (for the most part). Now the paranoia level is ratcheted up so high, it seems the 'logical' explanation in everyone's mind is that they're terrorists who hate our freedom. I don't have any statistics on the number of foreign students in the US, but I think it's quite a lot - surely they're not all terrorists.

Seems that some people are so concerned about preserving life, that their quality of life shrinks to the point where it's barely worth preserving.

In the end, it's good the FBI are looking for them - hopefully they're just holed up in a Vegas motel room with half a pound of Columbian marching powder and two dozen 'ladies of the evening' of whatever label you prefer.

Either that, or they're terrorists, and we'll get whacked again.

To those who said we need to be profiling muslims, I think they are mistaken (although singling out mosques known for extremist views, for surveillance and infiltration, is not a bad idea). The majority of terrorist attacks in this country are the result of domestic malcontents - various militias, hate groups, enviro-whackos, and various other zealots of the caucasian persuasion.

I think the best way to defeat terrorism is to culture a society with the character and virtue necessary to hold fast to the fundamental principles of liberty and justice, even in the face of horror and death. You can't keep from dying, not yet anyway, but you do have some control over the manner in which you live.

If I was unlucky enough to find myself the victim of a terrorist bombing, my last thought would likely either be a random curse word, or something along the lines of 'eh, beats cancer.'

What would yours be? 'I wish I hadn't wasted so much time' or maybe 'I wish I had been nicer to my mom' or perhaps 'but I have so much money!' - I dunno, I look around at people and I wonder if they even appreciate life enough to warrant a fear of death.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 9-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They probably work for the CIA so no need to worry because our government would never attack us, right? I wish you ignorant idiots out there would stop calling terrorists Muslims and Muslims terrorists, how can someone who submits to God be a terrorist? These terrorist are not considered Muslims because by being terrorists they obviously didn't submit to God. In all religions you get fanatics who interpret the teachings in a negative light and hijack the religion for their own cause, anyone who associates them with that religion is ignorant and helping the terrorists.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by charliegrs
im so sick of the politically correct bs we NEED to racially profile. THERE IS ONLY ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE ONLY ONE RELIGION THAT ARE BOMBING US AND KILLING US!!!!

You're right! Darn those Christian KKK members. Let's go use racial profiling on all the whites so that there's no more bombed abortion clinics and gay bars.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wonderful...... But I am More Worried abut Aug 22 Maybe they already had a plan put into place,And these guys are just the Tools for carrying it out If I was the FBI I would want to know the places these guys have beens since birth what training they have had this bad VERY VERY bad I agree about the profiling keep um out all of um other than there liquid gold They got nothing for me there dangerous

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh this is wonderful. Now if I say I have Egyptian friends, I am going to be sneered at like if "I" was a terrorist. Oh well, for the love of my country, there is a Christian Coptic church in my city, and everyone of them is Egyptian. Should I alert the FBI to raid the place?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ninja I totally get what you're saying but never assume that because someone feels that they have 'submitted to God' they cannot be terrorists. Many of the most egregious crimes against humanity have been waged by people 'in the name of God'. There are a nearly infinite number of views on what God's intentions are and what constitutes service to Him. 'Civilized' countries have purged heathens for centuries: natives, 'witches', mentally-ill, homosexuals, non-Chrsitians, non-muslims, deformed, you name it. Personally, any group that starts using God's authority to impose their will on others is a terrorist in my book. I don't care if you're Muslim or Hare Krishna. Since there is no single, authoritative understanding of God (by virtue of the thousands of different religions/churches in existance today) nor what His/Her will actually is, no one has the right or the authority to impose God's 'will' on anyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join