It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expands groundforces in Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

Monday, July 31, 2006 Posted: 2244 GMT (0644 HKT)
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israel's Security Cabinet has approved an expansion of the ground campaign against Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office announced early Tuesday.

Bad news i take it

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 31/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Could this be Israel just trying to invade and take over Lebanon ?.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Could this be Israel just trying to invade and take over Lebanon ?.

Just to the Litani River, which has been an Israeli strategic objective for over 25 years now. Rivers are important in an arid region such as the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Perhaps they believe they need to be on Lebanese soil - to provoke Syria and Iran to repel them and at the same time destroy land and innocent civilians not in Israel during a potential battle royale.

Victor K.
Qana v1.0, Qana v2.0... What's next?
Never forget.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They can't make up their minds. The other day they said they didn't want to expand today its expand. Oh well. Sooner or later if they keep it up, you know they are going to resupply and more then likely get more powerful rockets/missiles

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Israel is pretty much already well supplied with the latest motst powerful rocket/missles.

On another note, Israel can soon clean up all this mess if they move in whole heartedly and wipe it up. This whole "using a fraction of their firepower/forces" campaign is just not cutting it.

Take the gloves off Israel...show them you guys arent going back in the ovens...ever!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel is pretty much already well supplied with the latest motst powerful rocket/missles.

Yes i was aware of that. I was talking about Hizbollah. They will definitly want to re-arm if Israel continues. They also need to start hitting further into Israel if they are to repel them and try to force a cease-fire. What they are using right now doesn't have enough range to cause reciprocal damage to force them to fall back. Maybe they will get a rush shipment of some armaments too.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

On another note, Israel can soon clean up all this mess if they move in whole heartedly and wipe it up. This whole "using a fraction of their firepower/forces" campaign is just not cutting it.

Take the gloves off Israel...show them you guys arent going back in the ovens...ever!

I can't see Israel wearing any 'gloves' at the moment, actually I see the unrestrained use of hi-tech munitions against civilians.

Why do you mention 'ovens'?

Surely you're not suggesting any Israeli action is justified / excused by something done to Jewish people over 60 years ago?

If that were the case then presumably the Sioux could attack the US, the Aboriginals of Australia could attack Oz/UK without restraint too?

top topics

join