It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What if for the ATS store people could design Avatars and Backgrounds and sell them to the store for a flat rate then the store could sell them to the members, the points used and awarded in this fashion would give points more meaning and value....*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

There are many members here at ATS who enjoy designing avatars and signatures for other members and would never accept any reward for their actions.

If that's what you are after though, BTS does host "Avatar Design Contests" around the major holidays and events that are usually rewarded with points.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Your right, Im a Marty and Weisenheimer (I think thats how he spells it) helped on my avatar, and both were very nice and willing to spend time helping out a stranger for no other reason than just to be nice...Just thought I'd spew the only thought I could muster for the thread is all...soweee

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The most important upgrade of ATS should be removal of all u2u restrictions.
It is not reasonable to keep the rule of minimum 20 posts on the forum before sending private messages. It is almost equal to forcing users to spam...
Simply, if I do not have anything important to say, then I just keep my mouth shut. Unfortunately that means also I cannot respond to incoming u2u messages, what other users could interpret as impolite....
Plz fix it...

Cheers.

PS.
I wonder now how many post left before I can start sending u2u...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by twilightzone

I think the 20 minimum U2U rule is a good one...

All you have to do is spend an hour chewing the fat on BTS and you'll be set.

BTW, you have 5 posts left to go.

[edit on 13f20093amWed, 25 Mar 2009 03:42:42 -050042 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Too late m8... Unlucky for you, today I am out of office and I can access the ATS.
And I saw your post - before editing.... My avatar sucks?! Come on. Now your life in in danger

Anyway, it is just sad that I have to post this kind of crap just to reach the limit of 20 posts... Sic!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by twilightzone]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I was just kidding,- trying to help you reach 20 posts by starting an argument. I actually edited it again to say you have a great avatar.

Looks like Leo in the Hollow Earth, my star sign is Leo too.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

I was just kidding,- trying to help you reach 20 posts by starting an argument. I actually edited it again to say you have a great avatar.

Looks like Leo in the Hollow Earth, my star sign is Leo too.

Leo of Hollow Earth!!! Whats that? As my nephew would say, after taking him at mount shasta ("You nerd!!!)LOL!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by lucidclouds]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

OFF Topic: Did you go to Mt Shasta? Cool. Was there a spooky vibe? Please u2u me if you've got any cool stories...

ON TOPIC: I'd like to see a "collaboration and cooperation" forum, with strict guidelines. Asking for money would be prohibited.

[edit on 13f20093amWed, 25 Mar 2009 04:53:25 -050025 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
reply to post by lucidclouds

OFF Topic: Did you go to Mt Shasta? Cool. Was there a spooky vibe? Please u2u me if you've got any cool stories...

ON TOPIC: I'd like to see a "collaboration and cooperation" forum, with strict guidelines. Asking for money would be prohibited.

[edit on 13f20093amWed, 25 Mar 2009 04:53:25 -050025 by HiAliens]

Only on certain spots. Never got any crazy vibes though...But I have never been there on foot. Which I would love to. There is this big entrace that is blocked off by a gate after a long road. I would love to go past there.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I know it has been asked before, but why can't we include a poll in our threads? Most forums out there have this feature.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Someday I would love to see the myATS interface change to something simmilar to something akin to the way that the Video and Media section is laid out.

It's much easier to move the boxes in the media section than it is for myATS.

That's probably a job for S.O.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey guys, it's me the resident narcissist with another great idea.

How about making all of the current days posts of those with not only expertise, but tenure, able to be read at the click of a button. Better yet, why not allow people to log on ATS and click on see all posts by your friends, foes, etc. More time spent online = more money revenue for you.

Wouldn't that be neat.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Good idea,
"what are your friends posting" would be a good button. I can see that being codeable.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I thought of this last night while I was in bed. Would it be possible to integrate a "label" type system, like Gmail uses for example? So, if you have, let's say, a post about space exploration, that would also be able to fit in Breaking Alternative News, you could label it as both, and it would appear in both categories. [I know that there is a tagging system but that seems to be more for searching--I could be misubderstanding that entirely though.]

Another idea that I just had was, could it be possible that when you reply to someone's post, your reply would slide in under the post that you're replying to and indented a little bit? I know sometimes I get a little confused when a thread jumps backward for a little bit! Of course, it wouldn't have to be nested forever, maybe four or five levels deep.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hide minimize option?

Is there any way we could get the option to hide the “Hottest Topics” thing that is new in the top of forums?

I personally prefer to scan the whole first page anyway and I honestly do not like that at the top of the page. I am sure some people might like it which is why it would be nice to have the option to hide it if you chose to.

Of course I would sort of like this option of whole sections of forums as well. To me this sort of gives the user a better feeling for a more personal forum. Actually it would be better to have a minimize option of forum sections. For instance a user could minimize the Information, Business and Development Forums and the Sponsored Forums or any other section if they so chose.

Just a suggestion, not trying to bust any chops for a great site. I sort of like to personalize things a bit more though and think this would be a nice way to do it.

Raist

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I dont know if its been suggested before, but how about a post of the day, thread of the day, member of the week, etc. These forums are moderated, so the mods could collectively vote on this or base it on stars, etc. Points could be awarded for this pretisge. I think it would be cool and would encourage higher quality posts and less banter

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What I would really like to see is an end to duplicate threads.
I've had it happen where I have given a thread a title, written an entire post, only to have it deleted (use the back button message)because a topic with that title already exists, yet the posts may be completely different.
Yet I see duplicate and sometimes triple of the same topic..usually a news headline, that is allowed because it is in different forums.
I'm sorry , I think it's ridiculous.
One thread only for each topic, in the appropriate forum. And if duplicates are posted, the member who posted it first gets their thread left opened..the other is trashed.
There aren't many things that completely burn my ass about this site..but that
certainly does.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to see redundant threads removed (how many permutations of the evolution vs. creationism debate can there be?) and if it's possible to adjust the search function so that it pulls up only the first page of each thread, that would be truly wonderful!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What would I like to see in the future? How about a secure certificate for logging in. You have the money to spend, so spend it. Especially if you don't want us logging in as other people. Unauthorized activity coming from compromised accounts is a big no no in the memember agreement when you sign up, so do your job and help prevent it.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join