It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fish With Human Like teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow this fish looks like a cousin of mine. But seriously it must be a mutation of some sort. Any opinons or has any one seen this before?

www.local6.com...

"A fish caught in Lubbock, Texas, with teeth that look like they belong to a human has baffled wildlife officials in the area, according to a report.

Fisherman Scott Curry reeled in the 20-pound fish on Buffalo Springs Lake and immediately noticed the catch had human-like teeth.

A game warden photographed the fish and is attempting to identify it. "

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtor
Wow this fish looks like a cousin of mine. But seriously it must be a mutation of some sort. Any opinons or has any one seen this before?

www.local6.com...

"A fish caught in Lubbock, Texas, with teeth that look like they belong to a human has baffled wildlife officials in the area, according to a report.

Fisherman Scott Curry reeled in the 20-pound fish on Buffalo Springs Lake and immediately noticed the catch had human-like teeth.

A game warden photographed the fish and is attempting to identify it. "

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Offhand, I would say it's not real. Looks too odd, indeed.

cropped resized (x2) and rotated

In the link provided, there is supposed to be a link to video, but it only links back to itself.

Has anyone seen video of this anomalous fish?

[edit on 7/19/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Intresting, I wonder what it feeds on? be very intrested to hear any followup storys about this. Ps Mechanic, I watched the video, it is real. strange but real.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Torn]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torn
Intresting, I wonder what it feeds on? be very intrested to hear any followup storys about this. Ps Mechanic, I watched the video, it is real. strange but real.

Judging by the state of its teeth to many Mars Bars and McDonalds

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The story tentatively identified it as a pacu, from South America, and I tend to agree. Here's a picture of a pacu from floridaconservation.org.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics eaglewingz.

That settles the mystery, at least for me. From the side view, not very human like after all.

Poor thing could use a toothbrush and some toothpaste.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Aaaccck! I used to live in Padre Island, right outside of Corpus Christi, TX. We would go to the peers on the beach and you could look down in the water and see those ugly fish. The teeth used to scare the crap out of me....they looked so human!

My neighbor told me the name of the fish...but I have forgotten... I think it was goathead something. He also said the teeth are that way so they can eat barnacles easier.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torn

Well it could feed on many things

1. smaller fish
2. Infants
3. gum
4. CiCi's Pizza

Do you think it brushes those things?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtor

Do you think it brushes those things?

Judging by the looks, it ought to. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Aaaccck! I used to live in Padre Island, right outside of Corpus Christi, TX. We would go to the peers on the beach and you could look down in the water and see those ugly fish. The teeth used to scare the crap out of me....they looked so human!

My neighbor told me the name of the fish...but I have forgotten... I think it was goathead something. He also said the teeth are that way so they can eat barnacles easier.

You might be referring to Sheepshead.

I'd say Pacu. We had a few in our lake at the sanctuary.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
the fish could have ate some denture...its happen before

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Did any of you see the video of that guy who caught it? I swear, that pacu had better teeth than the poor fisherman guy! Maybe he will take the Pacu teeth and have them transplanted - LOL sorry, there's my humor again.

My main thing with this whole story is, how about that poor pacu? The only Pacu I've had were these little tiny things that swam around the tank like all of the other fishies in there. Maybe someone just dumped their fish tank in the lake (or whatever) and look how well it thrived! Fish can really get by on their own, eh?

So frickin' cool!

Oh, by the way, that's real - oh yeah.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think it looks like a normal fish, but I don't know a lot about fish.

new topics

top topics

join