It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is beyond the bubble we call our universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok i was outside the othernight just sitting looking out at the stars and trees and i was thinking to myself about curiosities of the universe while i began to wonder what is beyond the universe. For instance; how was everything created, liek the orgin of all that we know of (universe). Is there a God who started everything, becasue as far as my logic goes, something had to start the universe. Nothig just begains withough intervention. maybee by some being wheither that is god or not....

To me i get a sence that everythign is programed to act in a such way and becasue of that program/formula everything has fallen into place as it has all starting from something very small. liek everything has a series of rules to be fallowed and those rules regulate how things from, form, and behave. Basicly physics. but it is all one huge chain reaction.

But my main curiousity is what is beyond the universe. Assume our universe is a giant bubble. What is beyond that bubble. it isnt just eternal emptines. there has to be somethign else there. I guess in religious terms this might be refered to as heaven, but what are the scientific explanations. I think i have herd about a theorey of an equal anti matter universe that mirrors our universe, but if there is a perfectly mirrored antimatter universe it just means the bubble is twice as large. and there is still that unknown outside of that bubble.

I know science says that the universe is not infinate and that there is an end to it. SO what else is beyond the universe! or what was there before the universe was even created. AND THEN AGAIN IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CREATED OUT UNIVERSE (GOD) THAN WHO CREATED THE WORLD HE LIVES IN. Did he just create himself?

I dont mean to cross any religions. Im a Christian myself and im open to what anyone of any religion has to say, but scientificly thinking i have these curiosities liek anyone else might. These unanswered questions are obviously the origins of religion. These questions are what every religion strives to answer. I honestly done expect anyone to know the answers to these questiosn becasue they are obviously beyond anyones knowledge, but i would really liek to hear what others believe or if anyone has theories they have made up or have heard.

thanks to those who actually read this....haha

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well I guess the latest physicsts believing in the latest version of String Theory (M Theory) would say our universe is just one of many floating around. Universes, they say, are created when different "branes" collide with one another.

If you're really interested I recommend the NOVA PBS show about this you can watch online here:

www.pbs.org...

GSA

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
God.

He is the beggining and the end. Alpha and omega. Which ever way you see him / what ever name you call him / it is all the same. We all return to the creator.

Thats my belief any way.

As for multiple universes and dimensions, I believe stephen hawkings is a good man to read up on, and yes i do believe there are many many other dimensions and universes, its just that as humans we are far too primative at this stage to comprehend them or begin to find and explore them!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Its called the Outerverse, where i reside. hee hee hee

I have this mental picture of a fishbowl (that is us) And i think that someone or something is there...keeping an eye...

Now sometimes, the keeper of the bowl, shakes the bowl (earthquakes), sometimes "it" feels like we need more water
you guessed it- they pour water in and the earth's weather goes haywire. This might explain the Tsunamis, the keeper sometimes is careless pouring in the water.
Now, the way things look lately, it could be that the keeper of the bowl will accidentally drop- yes, drop the bowl. That would bring the end to our little world.

Insane? nahhhh, its just as good as any other explanation. (maybe better)

ps...I DO believe in God, so i guess he holds the bowl.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have to second the motion, that you watch the NOVA series that
DJohnsto77 recommended..

I just watched it over the weekend..

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This line of thinking will drive you insane! Seriously, I have dwelled on this subject many times and it keeps you running in circles. It's right up there with "Why are we here and what's our purpose? Also, for a good side thought on this subject reverse things and ponder about what "makes" up everything/matter. What is the smallest building block? What makes up those? Interesting topics to discuss. Have fun scratching your head

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Even if we were to know anything about the universe for sure, will that really change anything? People are too concerned with their own lives to pause and actually care about finding out the "truth." No matter what is the purpose of all this, if we were to find it out we would realize how small we really are (I mean, didn't scientists just discover a galaxy that is 60,000 light years wide?).

So, I guess we mind as well never know...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The hard drive maybe? Seriously this universe could be like one of Gods computer programs so like cheracters in a computer program we cannot escape it. I believe that even if we could travel beyond the expanding universe and keep going faster then it's expanding that we will never reach a wall because in some computer programs you can travel as long as you want but see the exact same scenery over and over again and in space that would be just blackness. Also I can't believe that everything including God was created because if that were true then there would have to be an infinite number of creaters before God which just can't be possible. So if this theory is true it probably means that God is like the initial and magical being that was just always there because it had to be for all
of what we know exists to be possible. And if string theory is true I wonder if there was initially one string that created all others which would mean that God is one of those strings and if one day we could trace them back to find the first. Although it would probably take atleast billions of years or much more expecially if God resides in a different dimension or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i just prefer to not think about this, i mean sometimes it just hits me, and i try to get it out of my mind fast as possible, so i don't have any views or whatever, but oh well have fun scratching your head if you like, lol....

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Probably another universe. I would think that we are in some sort of giant cell or atom. giant to us but small to a person that is from that persepective. So you have universe next to universe, but they might actually be a proton, or a neutron, or an electron or all of those things. SO...
Big is small, and small is big
and it is infinite

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
fact of the matter is that we will likely never know the answer to this. like many questions, the answer is simply beyond us.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
no such thing as "outside" the universe

the universe comprises 'all that is' so its everything

i believe space bends back on itself in 4 dimentions, which makes this possible

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
beyond the universe ive heard its the multiverse then possibly it could be some dimension were multiple multiverses reside and so on........................

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
??

just why should one assume the 'expanding universe' is sherical,
or growing in size like an inflating balloon does
those similies are inanimate things or mathematical models,
(which more or less negates a cosmic consciousness that's implied)

the universe could be growing like an amoeba does
the universe could be growing similar to an embryo developing

in either scenario, embryo or amoeba, the 'world' outside that membrane
is a protective & sustaining fluid/medium/substance...

so too, is the Universe (in my personal view) following the biological
models all around us in nature; conception, development, gestation, birth

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POST follow-up;

here's something to ponder.
perhaps its just that technology allows us to...
or that the intellectual questioning has led to the mapping of
large structures of galaxy distribution.

What are they deciding to look for?
Think that some scientists are looking for what might correspond to organs
developing in the different regions of the observable universe...?

are we intellectualizing that the universe is perhaps a life form
in its embryonic stages.
What might some abstraction of the cosmic superstructures reveal
as to the shape & makeup of this colossal supersized zygot, embryo??

~cheers~

[edit on 23-7-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If the universe is expanding in all directions at an increasing rate then maybe the area outside the universe as we know it simply does not exist and that the edge of the universe is creating more space in which to expand. The only way to find out, is to actually go there however this is impossible which means that whatever is outside the the universe, might as well not exist.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcdefxyz2000
What is beyond the bubble we call our universe?

Death, I suppose. Though, on this physical plane you are free to choose whichever theory suits you best, or you can just choose not to think about it. 'tis up to you. Questions like this do seem to involve a bit of imagination...just like so much else, I reckon. It's like, 'What, if anything, is beyond the bubble of my senses?'

[edit on 23-7-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

no such thing as "outside" the universe

You speak as though you really truley 100% believe this is true. HOW can you do this?
People study the universe for all of their lives and yet you have knowledge that exceeds them ? Huh ?.....

Truth is we do not know and this is all mere speculation, and it is also fun to do so.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcdefxyz2000
But my main curiousity is what is beyond the universe. Assume our universe is a giant bubble. What is beyond that bubble.

When I was in college (some 30 ago), I had a phylosophy teacher that wanted us to think, for ourselves, and apply logic, not accept half truth, etc.

So, one day, I wanted to ask him, somewhat the same questions, or something very similar, so I started: "Sir, what about the Universe....".

He then stop me, in the middle of my sentence, to make sure, I understood the words that was coming out of my mouth.

We were, in the cafetaria, during a break, so he took (qty 2) salt shaker, and put them in front of me, and ask me, what did I saw.

Two salt shakers, I reply.

He said, no, at least not quite...

He then told me, that the salt shaker to the left, had no idea that there was another salt shaker beside it, and before that there was a human brain (mine) understanding the concept of two, or three, or none, the ensemble/group "two salt shakers" didn't exist. The two salt shakers are a "human invention".

The same is truth for the Universe, in the sence, that us human, are grouping everything, there is, into the concept Universe. If something exist pass it, it is also to be included in the "everything there is" and therefore, it should be included as well.

So for me, the Universe is "everything there is" and it is sitting in nothingness (le néant in French, some other culture or language, may have a more accurate definition of it).

Don't forgot, that before there was a human brain, assembling, grouping these stars and galaxy into the concept of the Universe, nothing as such existed.

Anyway, that was something I always remember from that Phylosophy teachers (the power of words, concept, etc.).

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
Don't forgot, that before there was a human brain, assembling, grouping these stars and galaxy into the concept of the Universe, nothing as such existed.

If it is the human brain that 'conceptualises' the 'universe', I am assuming that this implies our material existence does not exist. Woud this not suggest then that the physical 'human brain' itself is simply a concept.

Furthermore, if my 'universe' is my own personal 'conceptualisation', however that may come about, how do other 'humans' fit into that scheme? Do they really exist? Is 'this' some sort of collective consciousness?

My 'head' hurts!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
So for me, the Universe is "everything there is" and it is sitting in nothingness (le néant in French, some other culture or language, may have a more accurate definition of it).

I like that, that's a great way of putting things.

Although i have a small issue of limiting that to the human mind.

I totally agree that math is something that does not truly exist though, and is something that we have just constructed to make sense of things.
Perhaps it is our current form of math which is limiting our thinking and understandings of these things.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by T0by]
edit big quote

[edit on 24-7-2006 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join