It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Mahmoud Ahmadi Nezhad Calls For The Permanent Removal of Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Is ITE complaining, lamenting or just remarking?

posted by re IrvingTheExplainer

Everyone gets along. We share files, ideas, critique each others work, give away our hard work to those who need it. On this particular forum, everyone is encouraged to speak English. And usually apologize if their English isn't perfect. The worst English is usually from American teenagers. Anyway, the point is, if people wanted to really and true get along, they would. It really is that simple. Really. Individuals have always found some way to get along with each other . . “ [Edited by Don W]

I dunno ITE. I think your analysis is too superficial. Americans have no real deep shared traditions. We’re too new. Never had life or death times. We have been fortunate to have so much wealth here that even many of our poor can get by and some even can get ahead because we are less constrained than most other countries.

We cannot evaluate other countries based on our own experiences. Look at Armenia. Ireland. Jewish people. Those people have had bonding experiences. One poster here uses JudahMaccabees as his moniker. And remember, the word ‘Slave’ comes from the word ‘Slav.’

[edit on 7/12/2006 by donwhite]

Well, I guess I was just remarking. I know it's a little fairy tail like, but, hey, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I don't necessarily agree that the US isn't that deep, or hasn't suffered enough (if that's what you're saying). How did we start this copuntry in the firstr place?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Wrong, he wants to wipe off the map a whole country with all it's people in it... The coalition did not remove a whole country with all it's people in it, and that was never the goal...

How could you wipe off a country you do not even recognize? Iranians use the term "Israel" as to refer to the zionist regime occupying palestine. In other words, there is no israel on the iranian map of ME.

As clarified by iranian FM, you just cannot wipe a country off the map with nuclear strike. I mean you could turn it into a parking lot, but the country will remain as it was.

Also nuking israeil will bring about the death of millions of palestinians he has vowed to defend against israeilis.

and you cannot just nuke a country, and get away with it. nuke fallout will affect your people including the leadership. not to mention it's a suicide.

He wants to destroy a whole nation and all it's people in it, and why is the Israeli government evil?... The Palestinians have done worse to the Israelis.

Read above.

Just count the number of dead, wounded and arrested/kidnapped from both sides, and you'll find it out that the ratio is something like 100 palestinians to 1 israeili.

First of all....it "wasnt' the U.S. alone..... in the Afghan war most if not all countries in the world agreed...and they didn't go there to "wipe Afghanistan off the map with all it's people in it"....

yeah, US and allies (mongola, philipines, you name it).

with 100 000+ civilians dead, no infrastructure, no economy, and a civil war, US has practically wiped iraq off the map.

Freedom of expression ends when the person making the speech is calling for the extermination of a whole nation, a whole people, race, ethnic group, etc, etc...

your statement above is self-contradicting. There are no limits to the freedom of expression. I mean that's what it's all about. no limits.

And I don't think he ever said he wanted to exterminate jews.

Who knows what's on his mind. He has stated that the goal of his regime is to pave the way for the 12th Iman, and according to their own prophecy, the 12th Iman will only return when the world is in chaos and it's the end of time.

The only way his regime can "pave the way for the 12th Iman" is to create chaos.

Assuming your assumption about his goal is true, I guess he doesn't want to end up on the evil side, as destroying mosques in islamic faith is considered a major sin and will have severe punishments. so, I guess the first to be beheaded will be the one who paved the way for his reappearance.

KEEP IT REAL

[edit on 12-7-2006 by proprog]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No better than yours.

posted by IrvingTheExplainer

Well, I guess I was just remarking. I know it's a little fairy tail like, but, hey, I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't necessarily agree that the US isn't that deep, or hasn't suffered enough (if that's what you're saying). How did we start this country in the first place? [Edited by Don W]

I think the Turks killed 1/3rd of the Armenians living in the new country of Turkey. About 1 million people. We are still arguing over Zimbabwe and Uganda. And have not even progressed to the argument over the Darfut part of Sudan. I’m told the people who survived those and similar encounters with death will never forget it or get over it. This resolution - to die together rather than to die separately - accounts in large part for the Jewish people’s victory over the Arabs in 1948-1949. “This far and no farther.”

Americans - excluding African Americans and Native Americas - have had it soft. The Civil War took 650,000 lives but the population of the North - 15 million and the South - 7 million - made that a comparatively small fraction. And don’t forget, 400,000 of that number died of wounds or disease.

I’m just trying to explain why I think Poles and Ukraines and many others have a lot more of life “experience” than we have. What is normative for us may not be normative for others. Therefore, we cannot make valid comparisons. That’s all.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
he want to make just another evil regime become history. What's wrong with that?

He wants to destroy a whole nation and all it's people in it, and why is the Israeli government evil?... The Palestinians have done worse to the Israelis.

I don't think it matters who's done worse when both sides have murdered innocents. To answer violence with violence only serves to continue the cycle. A suicide bomber blows himself up on a bus or in a mall. Innocent civilians get killed. Then the Israelis go in and indiscriminately bomb the neighborhood which they suspect this suicide bomber came from. Undoubtedly someone's child or parent or sibling gets killed and in order to get revenge they become a suicide bomber.

The cycle then repeats itself until generations later both sides have forgotten what it was that caused them to start fighting in the first place.

Is it justified to become a suicide bomber if one of your friends or family members is killed by your oppressors?

No.

Is it justified to arrest democratically elected parliament members, destroy infrastructure, and to bomb homes in residential neighborhoods because one of your soldiers was kidnapped in response to a violation of Palestinian territory?

No.

So let's not pretend like things are completely one sided where one side is "right" and the other side is "wrong." The world is a lot more complicated than the "Black and White", "Us versus Them", "Cowboys and Indians", "Champions of Democracy versus Axis of Evil" rhetoric you so firmly cling to.

And about the earlier comments. Doesn't he have the right to say whatever he wants under the Freedom of Expression? DOUBLE STANDARDS Again.

Freedom of expression ends when the person making the speech is calling for the extermination of a whole nation, a whole people, race, ethnic group, etc, etc...

Oh? Well then why haven't these people been silenced?:

www.kkk.com...
/]http://www.[hate-site-nolink]/
www.aryan-nations.org...
www.americannaziparty.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
But you offer little in support of your viewpoint... 'Ceptin yur pure conjecture.

Sorry? Im not offering conjecture im asking for Muaddib or any one espousing the same viewpoint to show me some proof of what they claim. How is that conjecture?

To turn this into an ad hominem doesn't do credit to this thread or your fellow ATSers.

Again, sorry? Where have I attacked a person in this thread or even focused on them and not their claims? I challenged people to show me proof of what they claim regarding President Ahmadinejad and his inentions. Do you even know what an ad hominem argument is?

Is just a little respect asking too much?

I respect all members of ATS, I dont automatically respect their actions though. Either provide proof to base your claims on or I'll continue to say they are lies. I have posted many a time how Ahmadinejad never said that Israel should be wiped off the map. He refered to the "Zionists", not Israel.

None of you who demonize President Ahmadinejad and Iran can provide proof for any of your acusations. Do you want to know why? Because it's all propaganda that Israel and the US State Department's Iran Division spew out. None of it is true, its all fabricated.

Show me proof please, you're the ones making the claims Ahmadinejad has said something or will do something, not me.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I already proved in another forum with Iranian links that the Iranian president not only hates Israel, but when he calls "for the destruction of Zionism" he is calling for the destruction of all Israelis.

Wrong, Ahmadinejad called for the destruction of the Zionist regime. If you'd bother to differentiate between Zionists and Jews you'd realise that the destruction of one does not entail the destruction of the other.

Zionists do not represent Judaism. There are plenty of Jews who consider Zionism to be heretical. Please read Jews Against Zionism.

Far from being the saviors of the Jewish People, the Zionists are the true self-hating Jews who have had nothing but contempt and outright hatred for the Jewish People and Judaism. Anti-Semitism has been the oxygen and lifeblood of the Zionists throughout the ages to the present day.

By contrast, we anti-Zionist Jews having been doing all we can to reduce hatred of Jews by proclaiming the true nature of the Jewish religion in contrast to the heresy and idolatry of Zionism. We hope this will help Jews awaken from the brainwashing of the Zionists.

Jews Against Zionism.

That website is maintained by a non-profit group of Orthodox Jews. I guess they must want the destruction of all Israelis too eh Muaddib?

I would prefer a World without Zionism too, does that mean I want to see the destruction of all Israelis? What a crock of crap. I would prefer a World without another 'ism', terrorism, does that mean I want to see the destruction of all Muslims? Do you?

Again subz....you are out of your mind......

Golemina that is an ad hominem, OK

[edit on 12/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
The Israelis held off 6 countries trying to coordinate an attack on them in the 40s... yes, you read that right, SIX countries!!!

Made a booboo on the date. It shoulda been in 1967. Had my dates mixed up with the foundation of the Israeli independence. It happens. Sorry.

TheBorg

[edit on 12-7-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Made a booboo on the date. It shoulda been in 1967. Had my dates mixed up with the foundation of the Israeli independence. It happens. Sorry.

It was 4 countries, not 6. It was the Six Days War, is that what you're confusing it with?

Also you should check out the disparity in military capabilities. Israel has been given billions of US tax payers money to build up its military. It also enjoyed direct military aid from the United States. Look at todays military expenditures of those countries involved.

Military Spending (Rank)

16th Israel $ 9,444,000,000

38th Egypt $ 2,440,000,000
48th Jordan $ 1,392,000,000
49th Iraq $ 1,333,000,000
57th Syria $ 858,000,000

It isnt too hard to win wars when your funded by a non-affected country the likes and stature of the United States.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How could you wipe off a country you do not even recognize? Iranians use the term "Israel" as to refer to the zionist regime occupying palestine. In other words, there is no israel on the iranian map of ME.

Which is why when the Iranian president says he will destroy the zionist regime, he means he will kill all Israelis.....

Also nuking israeil will bring about the death of millions of palestinians he has vowed to defend against israeilis.

You think the radicals give a # about that?... If that were true Islamic radicals wouldn't try to make any chemical or biological attack in any European country, because the majority of the immigrants in European countries are Arab...

and you cannot just nuke a country, and get away with it. nuke fallout will affect your people including the leadership. not to mention it's a suicide.

Not if you believe that once chaos is everywhere the 12th iman will come and bring peace and solve all the problems in the world.

Just count the number of dead, wounded and arrested/kidnapped from both sides, and you'll find it out that the ratio is something like 100 palestinians to 1 israeili.

i am pretty certain you are exagerating, like you are exagerating in the rest of your post... 1. Present proof to back your claim. 2. from a neutral source if possible please...

yeah, US and allies (mongola, philipines, you name it).

No.....actually, countries like....

The scope of coalition support is evident in Afghanistan. More than half of the 14,000 anti-terror troops in the country come from coalition countries. Canada, for example, has 2,025 service members in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility. Belgium, Jordan, Australia, the United Kingdom and many other allies have contributed troops, supplies or expertise.

Special operations forces play a critical role in the war in Afghanistan. Many countries have provided this capability including Australia, the United Kingdom, Norway, New Zealand, Denmark, Canada, France and Germany.

www.defenselink.mil...

with 100 000+ civilians dead, no infrastructure, no economy, and a civil war, US has practically wiped iraq off the map.

Another exageration people in the left like to throw out, or used to...

Here are the actual numbers.

min = 38,960
max =43,397

www.iraqbodycount.net...

BTW all those bodies include terrorists who have been killed and Iraqi people who have been killed by terrorists/insurgents...

your statement above is self-contradicting. There are no limits to the freedom of expression. I mean that's what it's all about. no limits.

That's where you are wrong, freedom comes with responsibility, without responsibility freedom turns into anarchy where there are no limits to what a man/woman can do. What you are talking about is anarchy not freedom.

And I don't think he ever said he wanted to exterminate jews.

He is talking at least about the extermination of Israelis when he talks about the destruction of Zionism...

The following is an excerpt from an interview that a German newspaper, Spiegel, did to the Iranian president

SPIEGEL: The Europeans support the Palestinians in many ways. After all, we also have an historic responsibility to help bring peace to this region finally. But don't you share that responsibility?

Ahmadinejad: Yes, but aggression, occupation and a repetition of the Holocaust won't bring peace. What we want is a sustainable peace. This means that we have to tackle the root of the problem. I am pleased to note that you are honest people and admit that you are obliged to support the Zionists.

SPIEGEL: That's not what we said, Mr. President.

Ahmadinejad: You said Israelis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He is clearly saying that when he talks about "Zionism" he is talking about all Israelis.

Assuming your assumption about his goal is true, I guess he doesn't want to end up on the evil side, as destroying mosques in islamic faith is considered a major sin and will have severe punishments. so, I guess the first to be beheaded will be the one who paved the way for his reappearance.

KEEP IT REAL

The following is from an Iranian site.

"Our revolution's main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi," Ahmadinejad said in the speech to Friday Prayers leaders from across the country.

"Therefore, Iran should become a powerful, developed and model Islamic society."

www.iranian.ws...

BTW, it has often been said by Islamic figures that "the goal is what is important, not the means". There is a Shiite belief, that under duress shiites can hide their belief's, this is called Taqiyyah. So in other words, they can lie if they believe to be in danger...which raises many questions about the Iranian president's statements about nuclear weapons...

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
oh and btw, here are some other statements made by the Iranian president.

Ahmadinejad Quotes
"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."

"Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm."

"They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets."

"In the near future we will witness the rapid collapse of the Zionist regime"

"The nations of the region will record the names of states that support the Zionist regime alongside the Zionist’s crimes"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh and who can forget...

Iranian fatwa approves use of nuclear weapons
By Colin Freeman and Philip Sherwell in Washington
(Filed: 19/02/2006)

Iran's hardline spiritual leaders have issued an unprecedented new fatwa, or holy order, sanctioning the use of atomic weapons against its enemies.

In yet another sign of Teheran's stiffening resolve on the nuclear issue, influential Muslim clerics have for the first time questioned the theocracy's traditional stance that Sharia law forbade the use of nuclear weapons.

One senior mullah has now said it is "only natural" to have nuclear bombs as a "countermeasure" against other nuclear powers, thought to be a reference to America and Israel.

and a very importan statement from that same article

He also said: "When the entire world is armed with nuclear weapons, it is permissible to use these weapons as a counter-measure. According to Sharia too, only the goal is important."

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/02/19/wiran19.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/19/ixportal.html

"Only the goal is important"....humm...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I must have missed that U2U from the ATS admin where calling people LIARS was showing respect to YOUR FELLOW ATSers.

Thanks for setting me straight.

And ipso facto... ditto for the ad hominem my brother.

That is an interesting and fine distinction you are making between who the Iranians what to massacre... help me out here... from your comments is it between Jews and Zionists.

So are you advocating that our fearless Iranian Ahmadinejad says its OK to exterminate Zionists.

I have got to ask you what exactly would your response be if GW said let's wipe out all of the Muslim regimes (or was it peoples
)?

>Golemina that is an ad hominem, OK

I would offer up a third possibility... Maybe it's a somewhat accurate thou possibly a tad energtic observations about yur conjecture pardner.

Now those military spending figures are quite interesting... I would say judging by the number of tanks the Egyptians lost in the Sinai... those certainly weren't circa 1967 dollars.

What do you think?

Hey, maybe it's just me, but maybe the two of you pro-Iran propagandists (Subz and Proprog) should coordinate the SPIN of the nonsense you guys seem so intent on feeding us apparently absolutely gullible Westerners.

I know that us Westerners are basically supposed to believe any nonsense that is spoonfed us... but come on you two... You're seriously pushing the envelope!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Cut the attacks on each other, and get back to the topic at hand.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I must have missed that U2U from the ATS admin where calling people LIARS was showing respect to YOUR FELLOW ATSers.

Quote where I called some one in this thread a "liar".

That is an interesting and fine distinction you are making between who the Iranians what to massacre... help me out here... from your comments is it between Jews and Zionists.

Who said they want to "massacre" anybody? I have direct quotes from Ahmadinejad himself from one of Muaddibs own sources where he says otherwise.

We are against bloodshed, regardless of whether a crime was committed against a Muslim or against a Christian or a Jew.

Der Spiegel's Interview with President Ahmadinejad

Oh but wait a minute...I thought you said he wants to massacre entire nations? Oh dear, now that would make him quite contradictory wouldnt it? Or could it be that he has never said he wants to kill anybody. He wants to destroy the "Zionist regime" as in make it no longer existant.

So are you advocating that our fearless Iranian Ahmadinejad says its OK to exterminate Zionists.

See above

I have got to ask you what exactly would your response be if GW said let's wipe out all of the Muslim regimes (or was it peoples
)?

Muslims are a group of religious people, Zionists are not a group of religious people. They are a group of people created to form a homeland in the Middle East and expand its influence.

Now those military spending figures are quite interesting... I would say judging by the number of tanks the Egyptians lost in the Sinai... those certainly weren't circa 1967 dollars.

No they werent, thats perhaps why I wrote "Look at todays military expenditures of those countries involved."

What do you think?

I dont think you necessarily let what people exactly say get in the way of your attacks on them.

Hey, maybe it's just me, but maybe the two of you pro-Iran propagandists (Subz and Proprog) should coordinate the SPIN of the nonsense you guys seem so intent on feeding us apparently absolutely gullible Westerners.

I know that us Westerners are basically supposed to believe any nonsense that is spoonfed us... but come on you two... You're seriously pushing the envelope!

Yeah thats right more conjecture. Im still waiting on the evidence requested on the very first page. Or are you going to continue to offer up more baseless accusation and retain your unfounded positions regarding Iran and its President?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Who said they want to "massacre" anybody? I have direct quotes from Ahmadinejad himself from one of Muaddibs own sources where he says otherwise.

I am just amazed that you would try to make such claim in these forums subz...you must think everyone in these forums have no idea who you are talking about....

He wants no bloodshed huh?..... right subz....

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.

The remarks by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- reported by Islamic Republic News Agency -- coincide with a month-long protest against Israel called "World without Zionism" and with the approach of Jerusalem Day.

edition.cnn.com...

He doesn't want any bloodshed...he just wants to "destroy Israel, and grab the land that belongs to the Jewish people in Israel".... i guess when he has said, and I quote...

Israel will be annihilated in one storm, says Iran leader
By Tim Butcher, Middle East Correspondent
(Filed: 15/04/2006)

Your view: what should we do about Iran?

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran appeared to threaten Israel with a nuclear attack yesterday when he described it as a "rotten, dried tree" that would be annihilated by "one storm".

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/04/15/wiran15.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/04/15/ixnewstop.html

People like yourself keep claiming there is no proof of him wanting to get nukes, or that they are working on nukes yet i would like to know exactly how you think he intends to "destroy Israel in one storm"...or any of his other comments where he says Israel will be annihilated....or that anyone who tries to help them will find themselves attacked in such a storm also...

Oh but wait a minute...I thought you said he wants to massacre entire nations? Oh dear, now that would make him quite contradictory wouldnt it? Or could it be that he has never said he wants to kill anybody. He wants to destroy the "Zionist regime" as in make it no longer existant.

You have got to be kidding....
subz...didn't you read the part where he clearly says that for him "the zionist regime are Israelis".?.. He didn't make a distinction between "Israeli in power" and the regular "Israeli citizens", in that interview he clearly sees "Zionists = Israelis".... and I wonder exactly how you think he will forcibly move the Israeli people from Israel..

I also guess subz that for you "annihilation of a state = no bloodshed".....

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is actually a jew. As are many of the 'Lebanese' currently aiding Israel's most recent expansionist insanity and murder in the Lebanon. As are many powerful Turks. And as is the 'House of Saud'. As are many of the allged 'Iraqi insurgent groups' and 'US military'. We won't bother at this point going on to point out how many jews sporting Anglicised surnames and bobbed noses lurk within governments worldwide, or pose as 'muslim hardliners' and 'terrorist bombers' 'suicide bombers' etc. etc.

Ahmadinejad spouts his widely publicised 'incendiary' threats and comments in order to justify the planned destruction and takeover of much of Iran in much the same way the US has bowed to jewish demands re: invasion (under demonstrably false pretences) of Iraq.

Ahmadinejad is a posturing clown/pawn/mole/actor, who utters the rubbish his jewish masters have scripted for him, which is then fed by jewish-owned whore media to credulous nincompoops in order they can get all over-emotional in little forums; their blood heated to fever-pitch in good old 'sports politics' fashion, courtesy of their primate ancestors.

Come on: wake up ! Saddam, bin Laden, Ahmadinejad --- they're paid by the word by those intent upon expanding 'israel' so it encompasses the highly lucrative Middle East. And Saddam, bin Laden and Ahmadinejad WORK for israel, the UK and US governments ! Saddam, bin Laden and Ahmadinejad probably have their own keys to 10 Downing Street and the White House ... and you can be sure Blair and Bush make sure they get the BEST, most fluffed-up towels and pillows; the finest cigars, wine and boy-toys. After all, Saddam, binLaden and Ahmadinejad (and certain little guys in North Korea) HAVE MADE and WILL CONTINUE to MAKE a FORTUNE for US and UK military-contractors, as well as for the families of Bush, Blair, Cheyney, Rumsfeld etc. families.

It's YOU -- the pubic at large -- who are the patsies: who are paying through the nose; who are sacrificing your lives, sanity, future, hard earned money, peace of mind, health and the lives, health and misery of your future children.

All the bloodshed and suffering. All the psyched-up hostility in forums. All the billions of dollars paid by the idiot-public for stupid gas for their precious machines. All the trillions of dollars generated by totally-orchestrated 'wars' and all the businesses that thrive on war.

It's a game, is war; played by a handful of bald old men with pace-makers whose only thrill, sexual and otherwise, is generated by the thought of more money to pass on to their vapid offspring, with the bonus being millions of gallons of human blood spilling as usual into the soil, which -- a few generations from now -- will nourish the grapes that make the wine drunk by today's enemies. Just as British and German tourists now leisurely holiday, wine and dine on the very land their fathers, uncles and grandfathers died upon in agony only a few decades ago, in the belief they were fighting and dying in order to safeguard their descendents' future.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted by Dock6

Ahmadinejad is actually a jew . . .

[Edited by Don W]

How do you know that, D6?

Maurice Motamed has one of the loneliest jobs in the Middle East. When Iran’s president Ahmadinejad made his controversial Holocaust statements, the sole Jewish MP in Iran's 290-member Majlis (parliament) felt he had no option but to confront him . . "When our president spoke about the Holocaust, I considered it my duty as a Jew to speak about this issue." I asked him, 'Are you anti-Jew?' He said, 'I am not.' I said, 'Why not go to a synagogue to express regret for what Iranians have done to Jews?' He said, 'I have another idea, a better idea.'

Jews have been living in Iran (Persia) in large numbers since Cyrus the Great freed them from slavery when he captured Babylon in 539BC. Mr Motamed said there were about 14,000 Jews in Tehran, which has 20 active synagogues; 6,000-7,000 in Shiraz; 2,000 in Estafan and smaller groups scattered throughout the rest of the country. The Guardian, June 27, 2006 [Edited by Don W]

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 7/13/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Dictionary.com
Zionist :
A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

OOOPSSSS

Looks cut and dry to me.

Muaddib, why are you arguing with some of these people? I don't think I have ever heard more false representations and exaggerations in a thread in my life.

Your original post was excellent muaddib and no matter how they "spin" it, the man is a terrorist and needs to be removed.

Semper

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Alas, still no proof to back up the claims. Why am I not surprised.

Muaddib I find it illuminating how you'll readily believe a translation from a biased source but totally ignore another.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Alas, still no proof to back up the claims. Why am I not surprised.

lol...the one not giving any proof to back their claims is you among some others[...

Muaddib I find it illuminating how you'll readily believe a translation from a biased source but totally ignore another.

Oh i see...so now CNN, Iranian news sources, Australian news sources and Aljazeera, among others, have "suddenly become biased....

You are something else subz...

[edit on 13-7-2006 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join