It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever trapped in a dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sometimes in dreams it's as if I am leading the people in my dreams to some "promised land". If I try to leave the dream people...wake up in other words..they ask me to come back and keep leading them. I'm not trapped in the dream...only they are...and I must help them...in fact...I think they are calling to me right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When I was little probley 14 I was dreaming but I can not rember the actual visual I had but I can rember the fealing it gave me and it was the worst and most terrifing fealing I have ever had. Anyways I can rember parts of my dream like running up and down our hallway picking up thing and running into my mothers room and throwing them onto the floor. By this time she was up and was shaking me and she said I just stared at her blankly and ran back into the hallway and finnished picking up all the debris in the hallway she took me by the sholders and started shaking me and asking me what I was doing. I replied that the amry men were comming and I had to pick up all the garbage. From there my mom was totaly freaked and started slapping me and trying to force me to sleep I eventually did.
Another time, a little while I can only rember one part of this and it was me standing in my moms doorway with a pair of siscors and saying "somthing's wrong!" and running throughout the house and eventually my mom tackeled me and led me up to my room despite my atemps at getting back outside to show her somthing. But she gave me a book and thats where my memory came back and I remember staring blankly at a copy of Ann Rand's Atlas Shrugged. In the morrning I found my matress pad cut up by the sisciors but not my sheet which was thrown in the corrner of my room.
THe next morrning my mom asked me if I had ever taken drugs like '___'. I lied no but I still do not think that is what caused it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i have had this experience also. it gets really annoying after you "wake up" 3 or 4 times in the dream.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I find this usually occurs when I accidentaly fall asleep when meditating, probably some sort of self induced hypnotic mindstate

I wonder if its like what coma patients experience

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
To be honest, im always trapped in my dreams. For some unknown reason i dont have the power to wake up from them on que, cant. This makes me frightened to death since i get some of the craziest dreams possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yes, I have had the same thing happen that the first poster said. You 'wake up' from your dream, but you are really still dreaming. Then you try to wake up again and you think you are awake, but not. And it continues and continues .... It's scary and frustrating.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have had many dreams like this as well usually a very helpless situation like being lifted off the ground and held in mid air as people came to look at me and discuss something. seems i was always running and trying to get away( one dream theme that occured when i was very young as well running from lights in the sky i could see from my large bedroom window on the 2nd floor of our house)
I would wake in the night with muffled whining,and moaning and that was the que for my wife to try to wake me. It wasn't untill i had read a little about astral projection that i learned to concentrate and move my index finger, and that que would snap me back into being awake. It is a great trick to do in these situations and works extremly well to bring you back to full alertness. try it next time this happens to you.
Parker

[edit on 9-7-2004 by parker]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was 10 when I had a dream where I was stuck, it was hard to move, yet I wasn't paralyzed. I got a little better after 5 minutes of struggling and I was very groggy. These aliens, not movie Grays but insecty things. They were like 4 appendages, like a wasp, but 2 legs were missing. The 2 front ones were arms, with 3-4 fingers, I was too freaked out to notice. They were grabbing me and I think I scared them and I woke up. Real freaky, but probably happens to everyone sooner or later. No I am not saying these were aliens, I just saw part of starship troopers on TV, probably came from that. They werent like the aliens on starship troopers. I had a similar dream with grays., that one seemed more real. I told you all the bug one because it had less details, I don't like typing. Those were probably just bad dreams though, and I did have a nosebleed after the grey one, but I had those alot when I was 10 and 11. I have been able to wake up from all of my nightmares since then, yay.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've had some lucid dreams that I was ready to get out of but had some difficulty trying to stop or get out of. One dream I became super super powerful and got bored. For some odd reason I had lost all my human emotions and no longer felt completely human and my mind seemed to cover all of spacetime. I figured out a simple way though. I made myself human again and the whole experience would just be a dream.

Another time that I felt a bit trapped was another strange one time dream where some aliens took me aboard their rather large ship. I don't remember all the details but I got ticked off at the aliens and made them pay dearly. Even though I seemed to take some enjoyment that the surviving aliens were terrified, I was having some trouble figuring out how to end this somewhat lucid dream. I was thinking of taking over the ship but it was alot bigger than I thought and I didn't know how to work the controls. Somehow the aliens beamed me back to bed after I walked into a room. I sort of let them trick me into that since I didn't want to starve to death by killing all the aliens and not leave any alien pilots alive.

I usually don't have trouble getting out of dreams though. I once dreamed I was a ghost and while I was creeping around someone's dark house, a woman saw me and screamed a terrifying scream. That was enough to wake me up as fast as getting shot in the heart in a dream. It's kind of fun to dream of being a ghost and sneaking around I found. I just don't like finding screamers. It can seem a bit creepy if you see people talking about ghost stories on tv and someone looks familiar.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I used to as a child have a recurring dream that i would always be stuck in and when I would finally come to I'd still be screaming or crying I would walk to my old house's basement stairs and begin to walk down when I was grabbed and taken into the bathroom and just held there I thought my parents were being hurt so i would scream but no voice very very scary. But now it seems the only time I get stuck in a dream is often times I'll have dreams where I'll actually wake up from sleeping in my dream get up shut my alarm off go have a shower brush my teeth etc. get dressed and just be going to school when I'll suddenly realize that things are a little too hazy and then I'll have to force myself out of the dream.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've been trapped seven levels in once, but get 3 or 4 levels quite a bit.
After the 7-level encounter, I finally snapped out of it, shaking and sweating.

The most irritating, though, is waking from a dream, shutting off the alarm,
getting showered and dressed, and heading off to work -- only to have
your alarm wake you up in reality and you have to go through it all again.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes, I have been trapped in dreams to find out I am dreaming a dream withing a dream.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I had a dream once where i was in my bed and i walked into the hall and saw superman kneeling on an object both were unmoving and the freaky part was that it all seemed so vivid and real...ao i walked around them/he and it/i dont know and ent down the steps and right when i got to the bottom i woke up again so i got out of my bed walked into the hall and went down the steps except this time i didnt wake up again so i kept walking and i went into the kitchen where my grandma would have been cooking by now or my grandpa reading the PAPER or sometyhing but noone was there and this time it was so real i culd feel pain and everything so i searched the entire house top to bottom and found noone. then the freaky part came i went outside and looked around but there was this eerie calm there were no cars n the street no birds chirruping no sounds at all no presence of life thats when i got freaked out and went back inside i went back to bed and then woke up an hour later with everyone in the kithchen and i asked my grandma where everybody had gone and she said she had never left the house and had een in th kitchen since six. and that was it

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have had many freaky dreams but one which fits the 'trapped in a dream' scenario goes something like this. I was sleeping during the day(usually when the freakest dreams occur for me) and in my dream there was a black silhouetted person sitting in a chair, leaning forward holding a light bulb. He asked me "why are you here?'", I said " f$%^ed if I know", and he dropped the light bulb on the floor breaking it.
I woke up and walked out of my room...and then there was a buzzing sound (much like the noise a radar dish makes when filming on an aircraft carrier) and there I was back in the room with the strange dude with the lightbulb.
"Why are you here?" he asked again
"where is here?" I enquired, at which he dropped the light bulb again, smashing it.
Realising I was still asleep, I woke up and again walked towards my bedroom door.....ZANG "why are you here?" I had no answer to this and again it dropped the light bulb on the ground smashing it . So again I got up, thinking I was awake (like, dream graphics make CGI look like cavemans wall paintings) I again walked towards the door....ZANG....now I'm out in the yard laying on my back looking up at the sky, feeling like I've been drugged, thinking that I must of fell asleep outside and had woken up when, there was this chugging noise and the Concorde flew over very slowly with it's nose and wheels down (I live in NZ, the Concorde never had us on its route), s*#t I'm still asleep, so I woke up and walked towards a window in my room which overlooks the beach, and I see the Concorde plunge into the ocean.....then the next door neighbour and his motor mower (the chugging sound) began mowing his piece of dirt closest to my room and I woke up for real...in a huge puddle of sweat. A few weeks later the Concorde crashed for real. Spooky as! Had me wondering for a while if the dream could be so real how do I know I'm not dreaming now? ZANG

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well actually, I am (...as we all are) trapped into a gigantic dream! This dream is called "LIFE". And I don't when exactly I'm gonna wake up, or under what circumstances.

What makes you think that these dreams you experience while you,re asleep are LESS real than the life you,re living right now? Actually there is not a single valid proof -or even evidence- that this existence is more than a dream...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
row row row your boat gently down the stream something something something something life is but a dream.

<< 1   >>

join