It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Los Angeles 9/11 Truth Conference was amazing! Heres my story of being there.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
ThatsJustWierd was only asking a relevant question, I do not think he deserves to be chastised for that. I agree the reporting was a bit vague and could have included a bit more detail. Most of what you stated was just details of what has already been discussed.

ThatsJustWierd's questions were irrelevant and distractionary. The reporting was not too vague and had plenty of detail, for what it was intended as.

Do you actually remember any of the names of other speakers there besides Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen, and if so what were some of the concluding facts they stated at the conference?

If you bother reading JackHorners's initial few posts, which you obviously have not, you will see he mentions other speakers than just Jones and Sheen, and also explains a couple of the 'concluding facts they stated at the conference.' What the hell are you expecting from this guy, an 800 page book, or something? His report was fine. He even offered to post up some pictures he took at the event. He's only been registered about a day.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

ThatsJustWierd was only asking a relevant question, I do not think he deserves to be chastised for that. I agree the reporting was a bit vague and could have included a bit more detail. Most of what you stated was just details of what has already been discussed.

Do you actually remember any of the names of other speakers there besides Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen, and if so what were some of the concluding facts they stated at the conference? What did the Director of the Missle Defense program say? What did the former CIA agent say? And frnakly, what were their names?

Personally I do believe there were elements of our government were involved in the act. Oh and the people fighting the US coalition in Iraq-istan are the people of that region that did not appreciate their lands being occupied whether they were guilty or not. I am not advocating the insurrection, but good people are not the only ones that fight for their land.

I listed a few of the points from the conference in my first post and I agree its stuff alot of people here already know. The difference though was how in depth they got into any particular aspect of it. For instance Steven Jones talked for quite a long time about his findings and how he came to his conclusions.

I really wish I could remember the whole thing but I can’t, and hopefully you will be able to see it all online very soon.

Heres a list of some of the speakers there.

James H. Fetzer
www.d.umn.edu...

Ray McGovern (ex CIA)
en.wikipedia.org...

William Rodriguez (hero wtc janitor)
en.wikipedia.org...

LT. Col. Bob Bowman (former Director of Advanced Space Programs Development for the U.S. Air Force in the Ford and Carter administrations)
www.americanscholarssymposium.org...

Webster G. Tarpley
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just remembered something very interesting that Col. Bob Bowman said about the real purpose of the Star Wars Missile Defense System. He said that what the public knows about it is a smoke screen for its real purpose. The Missile Defense System is in fact not a defensive weapon but an offensive one. He recalled that the ultimate goal of the program was to get a grid of satellites into space that had advanced nuclear missiles on them.

These satellites could launch a large missile at any country in the world. What makes this different from normal nukes is that once it passes through the atmosphere it breaks apart and disperses many nuclear warheads which are each capable of tracking and maneuvering to predefined targets.

The amazing thing about it is that with a first strike, unlike in the past, you can now take out every single nuclear missile silo in china if you wanted, and all at once.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't suppose he (or anybody) elaborated on what other futures uses for this new weapons system might be? Was it created for just the purpose you mentioned, or is there more to that as well?
I don't mean to extrapolate all kinds of information from your mind, so I will deem this question as more important to me than the former.
During the conference, at any time, did they explain what might a particular motive be for the 9/11 conspiracy? I mean something aside from all theories and other things that have already been discussed.
I wonder if they'll continue these conferences and possibly bring one to the east coast...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the report JackHorner. It was much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The sad part is, many will accept what was presented at that conference as the truth. They trotted out a bunch of people with initials after their name or movie credits and people automatically believed everything they heard. They offer half truths or misleading statements that form a picture much different than reality and people believed it. No one will ever think to question the motives of the organizers ($$). Looking at Jack Horner's post, I decided to answer some of his questions.

How do 19 highjackers make NORAD stand down?

They didnt, NORAD wasnt stood down (NORAD NEVER stands down) Yes, part of the system was conducting drills that day

How do 19 highjackers successfully attack the most powerful and technologically advanced military on the planet?

Unfortunately, it is easy to do. You just take the time to pick out your target and find the weaknesses. Having someone willing to die makes it easier to plan the mission. Being the most powerful and technologically advanced military doesnt apply. (witness Vietnam, Desert One, USS Stark, USS Samuel Roberts, USS Cole, Khobar Towers, etc)

How is it possible that in those hours when they got word of the highjackings not a single fighter jet took off in time?

Those hours? Sorry, but thats another misleading statement. Prior to 9/11, airliner hijackings fell under the purview of law enforcement, not the military. In those cases the FBI would have to request the military to launch aircraft in response, not the fastest event in the world. Until the second jet hit, no one was entirely sure what was going on. Now, some will bring up the previous intercepts of aircraft by the military and maybe even mention that about 67 intercepts took place in the year prior to 9/11. What they wont mention is that ALL of those intercepts took place over the ocean, when aircraft violated the ADIZ. Again, prior to 9/11, there werent any units assigned to watch an overland ADIZ. Indeed, the ONLY overland intercept in the 10 years prior to 9/11 was Payne Stewart's jet (whose transponder was still on). But to answer the question, it was about 30 minutes after the first alert that there was a hijack in progress that the first jets took off.

Why is it that over 80 security cameras filmed the plane flying into the pentagon and yet the only thing they have shown us is 5 frames that don’t even show a plane?

Really? 80 cameras? And you derive that from? Oh yes, the CITGO camera (focused on the parking lot of the CITGO station NOT the Pentagon) or maybe the hotel camera (again, focused on the hotel driveway, NOT the Pentagon) Did you ever think that the cameras didnt really show anything, because they werent there to film the Pentagon.

Why was it that all the evidence (building wreckage) was immediately shipped off to china to be melted down?

Another falsehood. The debris from the WTC was taken to a landfill in New Jersey, where it was painstakingly sorted out and analyzed over the period of a year. Quite a bit of the steel ended up as the keel of the USS New York. On a side note, someone mentioned Atta's passport surviving the crash. It wouldnt be the only item of a similar nature to have survived it. Quite a few families who lost members on those planes that day received bank cards, drivers licenses, passports etc...belonging to the victims that were sorted from the debris.

Larry Silverstein took out a massive insurance policy before the attacks

Gee this would make one think that it was unusual to have an insurance policy (and one that mentions terrorist acts to boot). Of course, do a little research and you find that after the 1993 attack, insurance companies paid out 510 million. As for Silverstein, currently the payout has been 4.6 billion, rebuilding is estimated at 6.1 billion and Silverstein has had to pay between 120-138 million a year in rent to the PA. Granted its been a while since math class, but that comes up as a loss to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHorner
I just remembered something very interesting that Col. Bob Bowman said about the real purpose of the Star Wars Missile Defense System. He said that what the public knows about it is a smoke screen for its real purpose. The Missile Defense System is in fact not a defensive weapon but an offensive one. He recalled that the ultimate goal of the program was to get a grid of satellites into space that had advanced nuclear missiles on them.

These satellites could launch a large missile at any country in the world. What makes this different from normal nukes is that once it passes through the atmosphere it breaks apart and disperses many nuclear warheads which are each capable of tracking and maneuvering to predefined targets.

The amazing thing about it is that with a first strike, unlike in the past, you can now take out every single nuclear missile silo in china if you wanted, and all at once.

Don't ICBMs have a MIRVwarhead on them that does the same thing

2 quick questions about the confrence to the people who attended.

How much did it cost $ to attend? and were they selling books, tshirts and other stuff at the back of the room?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hi Jack
In regards to Dr. Jones and his assertion that thermite was used, did he elaborate on who might have used this? If his findings are accurate and have been confirmed by multiple independant sources, where does it go from there? I dunno how something like 3 huge buildings can just go down in the same fashion and not one red flag is raised by the government. Its just remarkable. 3 buildings on the very same day implode identically and no one even bats an eye about this.

Pie

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
They didnt, NORAD wasnt stood down (NORAD NEVER stands down) Yes, part of the system was conducting drills that day

They pretty much added good potential for confusion and illusion that day by what they were doing, suspicious? Of course. NORAD may of not been in a stand down necessarily but they were pretty offguard, and ill equipped to deal with what was going on as the planes were hijacked. It's like cutting off a Knight's arms and put a bee in his helmet and expect him to fight against his opponent. Who caused that?

Those hours? Sorry, but thats another misleading statement. Prior to 9/11, airliner hijackings fell under the purview of law enforcement, not the military. In those cases the FBI would have to request the military to launch aircraft in response, not the fastest event in the world. Until the second jet hit, no one was entirely sure what was going on. Now, some will bring up the previous intercepts of aircraft by the military and maybe even mention that about 67 intercepts took place in the year prior to 9/11. What they wont mention is that ALL of those intercepts took place over the ocean, when aircraft violated the ADIZ. Again, prior to 9/11, there werent any units assigned to watch an overland ADIZ. Indeed, the ONLY overland intercept in the 10 years prior to 9/11 was Payne Stewart's jet (whose transponder was still on). But to answer the question, it was about 30 minutes after the first alert that there was a hijack in progress that the first jets took off.

NORAD has the access of radar stations all over the United States, satelites in space and numerous AWACS that patrol around. They're job is to MONITOR the airspace over the United States and more importantly over the world to know what's going on. There was fair delay and short handedness when this all occured. When a plane dissappears off of radar and then another.. totally suspicious, especially commercial jetliners.

Really? 80 cameras? And you derive that from? Oh yes, the CITGO camera (focused on the parking lot of the CITGO station NOT the Pentagon) or maybe the hotel camera (again, focused on the hotel driveway, NOT the Pentagon) Did you ever think that the cameras didnt really show anything, because they werent there to film the Pentagon.

Oh okay, if that was the case, heh, let's see the tapes then. Didn't show anything - Bud, do you have access to these tapes and are seeing something we haven't seen yet. Really.

Another falsehood. The debris from the WTC was taken to a landfill in New Jersey, where it was painstakingly sorted out and analyzed over the period of a year. Quite a bit of the steel ended up as the keel of the USS New York. On a side note, someone mentioned Atta's passport surviving the crash. It wouldnt be the only item of a similar nature to have survived it. Quite a few families who lost members on those planes that day received bank cards, drivers licenses, passports etc...belonging to the victims that were sorted from the debris.

What about the MORE numerous people that lost their life that were trapped in the tower. I personally find it hard to believe small meticulous things like that somehow made it out of the impact zone and onto the street, right out of the wallets.. and pants. By the way, where's your source, that the quite a bit of steel was painstakingly sorted out and analyized? And is that to say just a bit of it was analyzed, lots of it? 75% 25%? You don't have the full story unless you look at all of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

Don't ICBMs have a MIRVwarhead on them that does the same thing

2 quick questions about the confrence to the people who attended.

How much did it cost $ to attend? and were they selling books, tshirts and other stuff at the back of the room?

The link you showed is interesting, but imagine how technology is always improved upon and how much better it would be to launch them from space above lets say china, rather than launching them from our country. Time is everything, and the time saved by the missiles being directly over a country at the time of launch would be major. He talked about how in the past, the reason that nukes worked so well at protecting countries was that no one would dare launch for fear of a retaliatory launch from the other country. Now imagine how this new technology completely destroys that old idea of protection. Imagine the quickness of a satellite nuke strike on china; it just passes over them and lets loose the missiles and effectively takes out all their silos before they can prepare them for launch.

After he said that my conspiracy mind kicked in and I wondered if this was the ace hidden in the sleeves of the USA, and could be an explanation on why the USA would just start raping the middle east without any fear of what other countries might think.

About the conference cost, it was very cheap for this kind of thing. The more people you brought the greater the discount, single tickets were around $70 and went down to as low as 35 depending on the number of people you took. Yes they were selling DVDs and t-shirts at the conference, but the only T-Shirts they had there had the name of the conference on them. Alex repeatedly said that he wants you to make copies of his stuff and pass them out, he even went so far as to tell people to make 10,000 copies and put them on police cars, and to hand them out wherever you go.

One major thing to keep in mind is that the conference was held in the heart of Los Angeles where prices for hotel auditoriums are huge. I honestly don’t see how they could have made much profit off this event, and it was clear that the only reason they were there was because of the truth movement and not for the profit.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by JackHorner]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sigh....go to NYC, they have a display of items recovered from the wreckage that belong to the people killed in the towers as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Personally I’m willing to believe the janitor of the trade center that saved a bunch of people saying how one of his closest friends got his arms ripped off by the basement explosion minutes before the first plane hit. All throughout his story he talked about how the lobby was destroyed, that huge slabs of marble walls were collapsed and how all the windows were blown out.

He has been to the white house 5 times since then, and was asked to run for office and was offered millions of dollars for his story, and he turned them all down, because the official story did not go along with what he actually saw and experienced. Once he started to question the story the media completely dropped him. He even gave testimony for the 9/11 commission report along with many others that contradicted the official story and all of this was left out of the report.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I finaly uploaded the photos I took.

Alex and Sheen

Alex and Webster Griffin Tarpley

LT. Col. Bob Bowman's presentation

Charlie Sheen

Charlie giving his speech

Steven Jones talking about evidence to support demolition of WTC

WTC hero janitor

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Personally I’m willing to believe the janitor of the trade center that saved a bunch of people saying how one of his closest friends got his arms ripped off by the basement explosion minutes before the first plane hit. All throughout his story he talked about how the lobby was destroyed, that huge slabs of marble walls were collapsed and how all the windows were blown out.

He has been to the white house 5 times since then, and was asked to run for office and was offered millions of dollars for his story, and he turned them all down, because the official story did not go along with what he actually saw and experienced. Once he started to question the story the media completely dropped him. He even gave testimony for the 9/11 commission report along with many others that contradicted the official story and all of this was left out of the report.

I've been trying to contact Rodriguez for years and there is no way to ask him about the concrete core, or anyone who would know. Very disturbing year after year.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

One major thing to keep in mind is that the conference was held in the heart of Los Angeles where prices for hotel auditoriums are huge. I honestly don’t see how they could have made much profit off this event, and it was clear that the only reason they were there was because of the truth movement and not for the profit.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by JackHorner]

Yes hotel auditoriums cost thousands of dollars. I don't have any problems with a business making a profit, after all this is America and capitalism is better than communism, socialism etc.. IMO I was just curious if it felt like they were out for a buck or if they were sincere, but offered some items for sale and it sounds like the later. WHo knows maybe they lost money, and a guy like charlie sheen picked up the slack

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If 911 is an inside job how do you explain Osama claiming 'credit' for the horrific tradgedy?

Is Osama a plant? Don't tell me the video tapes were fakes, in many instances they were released by Al Jazeera -- hardly the west's puppet.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Looking at Jack Horner's post, I decided to answer some of his questions.

Looking at your post, I decided to rebuke some of your answers.

How do 19 highjackers make NORAD stand down?

Where were they then? Where were they if they didn't stand down? The good guys in NORAD were confused with drills, and the select few at the very top who knew what was coming did nothing. One hijacked airline might get through, but Three? Get away.

How do 19 highjackers successfully attack the most powerful and technologically advanced military on the planet?

Unfortunately, it is easy to do. You just take the time to pick out your target and find the weaknesses. Having someone willing to die makes it easier to plan the mission. Being the most powerful and technologically advanced military doesnt apply. (witness Vietnam, Desert One, USS Stark, USS Samuel Roberts, USS Cole, Khobar Towers, etc)

Those are all overseas, it's not the same. Come on.

How is it possible that in those hours when they got word of the highjackings not a single fighter jet took off in time?

A hijacked airliner was allowed to remain on course towards the Pentagon, for how long, without being shot out of the air? The second airliner impacting the towers should have never even got there, either. The measures and necessary machinery would have been in place for the aircraft to be shot down, had Richard Cheney and his team of rabid crooks not sabotaged NORAD, and god knows what else.

Why is it that over 80 security cameras filmed the plane flying into the pentagon and yet the only thing they have shown us is 5 frames that don’t even show a plane?

If you had bothered doing any research before trying to answer these questions, you would have already stumbled upon the fact that there were indeed many cameras which would have caught either the plane heading towards the Pentagon, or its impact. Do you really expect us to believe the only cameras at the Pentagon, and around it, were the ones that produced the absolutely laughable 5 frames of video that have been released? Are you calling us idiots?

The debris from the WTC was taken to a landfill in New Jersey, where it was painstakingly sorted out and analyzed over the period of a year.

Where is the summary of this analysis? I've seen some, but it was shallow and incomplete.

The sad part is, many will accept what was presented at that conference as the truth. They trotted out a bunch of people with initials after their name or movie credits and people automatically believed everything they heard. They offer half truths or misleading statements that form a picture much different than reality and people believed it. No one will ever think to question the motives of the organizers ($$).

And you know the truth? Sure doesn't look like it to me, Sir. The sad part here is, many accepted what their Government, and media, told them as the Truth, when it was anything but. I'm not saying I agree with all the ideas presented at the conference, because I don't (I haven't heard them all, yet) but some of them are a damn sight closer to the truth than anything we've been told.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nice post Swampfox.

Has there ever been a unified alternate theory to the government's? I've read dozens of different stories. Did this conference come to a unified conclusion of who, what, and why?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Norad was informed of the highjacking at 8:40 a.m. The jets took off at 8.52am

That's2 hours with no intervention.

And this is not a standown?

[edit on 29-6-2006 by 2smooth4ya]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join