It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Gate and the Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A few months ago I was visting the home of an artist friend of mine. We were discusing aliens and life on earth, government denial and such... when her 12 year old daughter came into the room...

Out of the blue she made the comment that she thinks the government is trying to tell us whats really going on through TV, namely the popular series Stargate. She is convinced that what we see on Stargate is really happening and it is the government's way of breaking it to us...

I kinda looked at her stunned... [I too have had that though cross my mind before, though originally with films such as Star Trek and Star Wars]

I have since taken a closer look at Stargate... and WOW they have really done their homework... they have researched history and make very plausible explanations of the old "Gods" and things that have appeared even on this board as mysteries of the past.

I will point some out over the next few weeks for thought and comment... but imagine my surprize when they airred one episode where they made a series about Stargate within their own show[A spoof]... and then at the end of the show General Hammond comments, when asked if they [the Airforce] should squash the show, that no, leave it alone because if anyone ever hears about the Stargate program we can always point to the TV show...

And this thought is in the mind of a 12 year old?

Over the years TV and movies have always portrayed Aliens and UFO's as something we need to shoot down... then suddenly Aliens are made funny, and even cute...ET, Ewoks etc. Our kids are in love with them.... the adults are coming to accept all kinds of Aliens as nothing to fear.... [sure smacks of a conspiracy here - by the government? Aliens controlling Hollywood?]

Personally the story line of Stargate where we are direct descendants of the Ancients, and are now coming into our own.... rediscovering lost secrets, kicking those old Gods out... is very satisfying. It is also cool, though perhaps a little arrogant, that we get to kick major but and wipe out bad guys around the galaxy, and come back to tell the tale.

But most important, it also explains a LOT about previous civilzations, evolution, the gods and even covers the next step up the ladder... Ascension - where we evolve into immortal beings of light.

I'm sold... Now to gather the facts and evidence... I am sure others out there agree with this and perhaps you have facts to share in my quest for this new TRUTH

[One last tidbit. The Alien characters found on the Roswell artifact... same as those shown on the space ship found in the water on X-Files... also appear on the metal beams on Stargate Atlantis when they show exterior views]

[edit on 21-6-2006 by zorgon]

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 21-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If anyone hasnt watched Stargate the producers have certainly done their homework. It is firmly based on ancient Egypt and readings of the Annuaki, reptillian races and many Egyptian Gods.

I have always wondered whether media outlets have a more sinister edge to them. Are Stargate and programs like this propaganda tools, preparing society for something? It's a long shot but not out of this world.

At the very least Stargate puts some very factual and thought-provoking ideologies on some of the worlds best kept mysteries and secrets.

I've been recently reading that there is a Stargate located in a temple in Southern Iraq, thus one of the many reasons Bush went to war. Take that with a pinch of salt, but it gets you thinking...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The guy from the mars record said that people went thru stargates to get from planet to planet, namely mars. He described it as a long tunnel leading to a gate. This was located inside of a military complex. I cant remember the rest of the description.

That's not to say I believe any of it and I cetainly don't think Stargate the series is any more than a tool to make money. If you want people to keep watching you have to do research and tie things together.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have always had a hunch about that too. That perhaps hollywood is trying to prepare us for something as well. I was just thinking about this after reading the post and it occured to me...If hollywood indeed were trying to push some secret agenda on us, wouldn't someone know? I mean think about it, there are hundreds of people that work on these shows and movies, do you think that the government could be having them create these shows without them knowing what they were doing?

I mean you wouldn't think they would just take a television script from some government agent who says, "Here, make this show/movie about aliens, don't worry about where we got the information, it's not real." How else would they get these ideas? It just doesn't seem to add up to me. What do you think?

I'm sure there may be a simple explanation I'm overlooking out of sheer skepticism of the idea. Let me know.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I've been recently reading that there is a Stargate located in a temple in Southern Iraq, thus one of the many reasons Bush went to war. Take that with a pinch of salt, but it gets you thinking...

If you could point me to that referance I would appreciate it. That is very interesting and IF there was even a shred of truth in it, it would be justification alright... certain feul for thought.

The old series of Star Trek had a stargate of sorts to. Almost the same exactly except you could actually view the place you were going to after you dialed it. Their's was a time travel one though. "City on the Edge of Forever" I believe was the name of the episode

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
what strikes me about stargate is how atlantis is portrayed as the orignal rightings... IE through a gateway. Also Ironicly there is a stargate episode where a someone who has there memory whiped creates what he saw in the SGC in a tv series subconsiously and the SGC let the tv series contiune as it's a good cover as they can deny everything by saying "you got that from the tv!". Very interesting show...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Then their was the series "Time Tunnel". They had a similar portal and a ramp going into it like Stargate

So just how far back does this media conspiracy go?

I have just one question... where the hell can I get an application form to sign on?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
WORMHOLE X-TREEEME!

Its an interesting theory, but I doubt that we actually found a stargate.

But, in an incarnation, its possible that we're working with aliens on the highest of levels.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"Here, make this show/movie about aliens, don't worry about where we got the information, it's not real."

Ummm but hasn't the UFO community been saying that very thing since Roswell? If they , as most conspiracy theorist believe, have been able to cover that up this long, why not Hollywood?

Besides its a lot easier to say "oh its just make believe in the movies" than it is to expalin what they did with the Roswell craft, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i have one question.....

why would the government work with hollywood knowing that their ability to keep a secret is about as good as the governments?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I'm sold...

No offense, but sold on a TV show?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aimlessly
i have one question.....

why would the government work with hollywood knowing that their ability to keep a secret is about as good as the governments?

They wouldn't know about it.

There would be agents used as screenwriters to submit the work, and thats that.

The industry wouldnt knowi ts real

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No doubt the government is capable of such a coverup, even with the average joe working in hollywood, it just seems to be a bit too much to swallow in this instance. It's a fun idea to think that maybe television and movies are preparing us for some great truth, it just doesn't seem very plausible at this point.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am a Stargate Maintainance Technician up here at Cheyenne Mountain. Aside from the usual polishing and cleaning up of the gate itself- I have gotten to take a few morale rides on it or through it rather.

Ok not really but, the writer/ creators of the show come up here sometimes for inspiration or whatever. My point here is that if you saw these guys, it would squash all theories on the subject- no way that the govn't or whomever is behind this conspiracy would entrust those guys w/anything. Although I could be wrong.

On a side note SG-1 is actually is actually a mop/broom closet.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No offense, but sold on a TV show?

No, just the concept

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have to disagree with this theory. Sorry. Ive watched the first film which was very good in my opinion and I followed the series for awhile, and do not get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but Im an Ancient Egyptian History buff and there were many times that I wish I could have got my hands on one script or directed one episode ( purely for artistic reasons)! Its a great story, and very well researched, but I think that's all it is.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

On a side note SG-1 is actually is actually a mop/broom closet.

Wow a broom closet? So umm your a maintenace engineer? I just went to the website

www.cheyennemountain.af.mil...

Hmmm seems they want to access my computer for info before letting me in

I think everyone knows that Cheyenne Mountain base is real, but I am sure they don't keep the star gate there... but then... with that in mind, what better place to hide it?

But one thing I AM sure of, an employee of the base, telling me NOTHING IS GOING ON is a tad suspicious, no?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

If you could point me to that referance I would appreciate it. That is very interesting and IF there was even a shred of truth in it, it would be justification alright... certain feul for thought.

www.exopolitics.org...

home.earthlink.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Honestly, do any of you really buy into a "real" stargate in Iraq? If you do that's fine, I'm not putting anyone down, it could very well be possible. I just want to know if your only posting something you heard, or something you believe could actually be true. Let me know please. I think that would be an interesting thing to start discussing and looking into further.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks kolo_heights, I knew Micheal Salla was absolutely off his rocker.

That link to his Study Paper you provided just proved it to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join