It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over FIFTY earthquakes in the last several hours in Alaska and still counting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well at least i got the part about the plate moving up correct. Thanks dude.
I can sleep now.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I notice that everyone either gave up watching or went to bed on this thread. This is just the start of some major events... one of which is going to be Mt. Saint Helens explosive eruption... an earthquake of 8.2 between now and June 22nd... followed by a 7.9 in Southern Cali. The small 3.4 earthquake that hit Utah 2 days ago is starting to confirm these predictions. See, the plate that is causing all these quakes in Alaska and the volcano eruption is moving North as a previous poster said... but it is also moving East. There has been no significant release from all this pressure from the North American plates... but it is coming. Little by little there has been little signs of this buildup along the Ring of Fire. Check this out.

Nobody ever believes when you post a prediction... maybe all these quakes in Alaska is a wakeup call....

... or not!

~Candyman~

[edit on 14-6-2006 by thecandyman]

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Excellent post Candyman! I see you visit BriansPredictions.com as well. I knew about his ring of fire prediction but didn't want to bring it into this thread just to keep it purely factual. But if you ask me that guy is the real deal and simply amazing. Thanks again for posting that.

And I'm still here updating the post, I just went out and did a 5am BBQ for 20 min LOL

and we just got another quake which takes us to 38 quakes in just over 7 hours.

About it being the volcano eruption. The only 2 active volcanos are very far away (check page 2 of the thread). I would say it's the plates moving more then the volcanos activity. None of the main questions that myself and other posters in here have really been answered yet. Hopefully someone with good geological know how can come in here and fill us in. The main one I would like answered is if this many many quakes in the same area in such a short time is the norm for a "cluster".

[edit on 14-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
LOL... you take after me... I could BBQ anytime day or night... even in Winter. hehe. Yes, alot of people try really hard to say that Brian is a fake... just because he has missed a date or some specific... but heck, he even says that he misses or doesn't know exactly what the dreams are about when he wakes up. But I must say that on this particular dream that he had ... about all the quakes, he has been 100% correct for each event. Did you notice that he said he has so many bad dreams the other night that he couldn't post what he saw? Said it was too bad!

Anyways, I have been watching the quakes and they are hitting... the events are happening... there should be two more of the signs this week... one being June 18th and the other being June 20th... with the finale on June 22.

BBQ'ing anything good?

Here is something that I found from the History of Alaska quakes that might be interesting...

On July 22, 1937, a magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurred in central Alaska, about 25 miles southeast of Fairbanks, that was felt over most of Alaska's interior, about 300,000 square miles. About ten years later, on October 15, 1947, a magnitude 7.3 shock occurred in the same region. It was preceded by a swarm of shocks, some very minute, others violent.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by thecandyman]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I really wanna see that BriansPredictions site you guys are talking about,but all I'm getting is psychicreadings.org which has a bunch of links on it....

Glad to see this is still being kept up with.....the number just keeps climbing.

And to conclude....you guys are making me very hungry.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Doc... it's Brians Predictions if you want to check out the site.

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hot dogs

We just hit 40 quakes.

I just saw CNN and a Volcano in Indonesia is actively erupting right now.

www.briansprediction.com... it's not forums or anything so I think it will be ok to link here on ATS. It's a guy who writes down his dreams he has during the night and is freakin amazing. He also remote views. He also picks loto numbers. Over 3k of his dreams have been verified to come true, 163 correct loto picks and more. It's totally free and you'll be amazed at some of the stuff you see.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ah,thanks candyman.It's early here.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
d1k ... what site are you keeping updated on the quakes at??? USGS site wont update again for a few hours :-(

Mmmmm.... BBQ hotdogs sound good right now. Ever bake pizza on the grill... it's great!

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
d1k ... what site are you keeping updated on the quakes at???

It updates everytime they register a quake. Have been almost every 10-15 minutes for the past 7 hours now.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Holy heck... I was refreshing the page that someone posted a screenshot of USGS for the last 30 minutes... hehe. I closed the wrong one. Just had another one by the way 3.3

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Does anyone know what there is exactly on 1.0, 10 or 15 km dept? It seems that there is the activity is comming from. At what dept do you find these plates?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Does anyone know what there is exactly on 1.0, 10 or 15 km dept? It seems that there is the activity is comming from. At what dept do you find these plates?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Is there an extinct volcano in that area? Adak has been getting fairly good quakes periodically for some time now, but holy moly, this one heck of a swarm!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
for RAI -
The depth where the earthquake begins to rupture. This depth may be relative to mean sea-level or the average elevation of the seismic stations which provided arrival-time data for the earthquake location. The choice of reference depth is dependent on the method used to locate the earthquake. Sometimes when depth is poorly contrained by available seismic data, the location program will set the depth at a fixed value. For example, 33 km is often used as a default depth for earthquakes determined to be shallow, but whose depth is not satisfactorily determined by the data, whereas default depths of 5 or 10 km are often used in mid-continental areas and on mid-ocean ridges since earthquakes in these areas are usually shallower than 33 km.

------------------------------------------------

~Candyman~

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Okay, I'm an idiot... there's volcanoes everywhere in the Aleutians.

www.volcanolive.com...

Listed Aleutian island volcanoes:

Buldir
Kiska
Segula
Davidof
Little Sitkin
Semisopochnoi
Gareloi
Tanaga
Takawangha
Bobrof
Kanaga
Moffett
Adagdak
Great Sitkin
Kasatochi
Koniuji
Sergief
Atka
Seguam
Amukta
Chagulak
Yunaska
Herbert
Carlisle
Cleveland
Uliaga
Kagamil
Vsevidof
Recheschnoi
Okmok
Bogoslof
Makushin
Table Top-Wide Bay
Akutan
Westdahl
Fisher
Shishaldin
Isanotski
Roundtop
Amak

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Heck, with all this activity one or more of those may have just come out of retirement.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There are three in the direct vicinity of the epicenter... Kanaga, Moffett, Adagdak... and most quakes are happening in the waterway between Kanaga and Moffett. Haven't seen anything about these volcanos... are they all dormant???

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Kanaga has erupted as lately as 1994.

www.volcanolive.com...

Eruptions of Kanaga Volcano
1994, 1942, 1933, 1906, 1904, 1829?, 1791?, 1790?, 1783-87?, 1768, 1763

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just wondering.. Is it possible some of the smaller quakes could be from the ice continent breaking up causing tremors as the glaciers crack and fall in the ocean..??

Maybe they,re testing something down there or they drilled into Lake Vostok and set godzilla free

just found this and added ..
www.terrapub.co.jp...

could the same be happening from the arctic circle or are they accurate within miles and traceable directly under alaska

[edit on 14-6-2006 by AGENT_T]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join