It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate u2u's are the thing now......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
good post

additionally, if you want to report a u2u, you may need to take a picture of it...

to do so, just press "ctrl" and "print screen" on your keyboards...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've recieved some pretty ugly U2Us as well as being harrassed by AIM. I prefered to handle these myself. It's merely a fact of the forums that some folk will resort to the lowest form of discussion. With lower intellect comes the inability to form a cohesive argument and thus the reversion to childish antics.
Fortunately I'm more than man enough to spank these wee lads and send them on their way.
Oh and my fiercesome avatar seems to have no effect on the rabble.
DG, you really need the Tollhouse recipe?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No, thanks
I've already got the recipe from an ATS friend. But thanks, anyway!!

Maybe i'll switch to a mean dude for my avatar. Dont underestimate my seemingly weak plea to be left alone. I can be a bitch.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

No, thanks

Maybe i'll switch to a mean dude for my avatar. Dont underestimate my seemingly weak plea to be left alone. I can be a bitch.
You a bitch never
Seriously I'm sorry that some people have to respond with insults and hate that isn't what this site is supposed to be about.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
If you have mean looking avatars people never send you hate-u2us.

If anyone else is getting U2Us that break the T&C please click on Ideas/Complain and let us know.

I can back this statement up.
Both of 'em.
A good ole Superhero Avatar or Videogame Avatar usually is best.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

No, thanks

All I can say to that is.. amen sister!.

I find it sick that people can't resort to a public forum to air their differences and they hid in a guise of supposed "privacy". (which it is not)

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All I can say is someone needs to take out the trash....it's starting to smell.

I feel bad that happened to you, dgtempe.

d1k

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Best thing you could do is message a mod right away. When ever I see an extreme case of ridicule and rudeness in a thread I make a post asking/telling people to show a little more class and not be so rude usually link to TheBandit's post in the UFO section about the ridicule matter. Well last year I got a hate mail u2u from one of these people whom were being seriously offensive in a thread. I simply replied not to u2u me again and messaged a mod right away and I assume it was taken care of. Even though the member is still here (and still bashing people
) he/she never sent me another u2u since.

Mods can read your u2u's (well at least they could when I had the problem) so do not delete an offensive message and get in touch with board staff right away.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
how about free speech??how about free right to voice opinion?? instead if you want to deal with it in a forward way you could type out a nice eloqent rebuttal of thier rude comments, instead of telling on them to the site leaders. Of course if you dont want to waste your time with that individual just click the delete button and the message will disappear... Now if it is repeated harrassment i believe then in the sake of saving your ATS points you should tell the avatars.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by txdan06]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by txdan06
how about free speech??how about free right to voice opinion?? instead if you want to deal with it in a forward way you could type out a nice eloqent rebuttal of thier rude comments, instead of telling on them to the site leaders. Of course if you dont want to waste your time with that individual just click the delete button and the message will disappear... Now if it is repeated harrassment i believe then in the sake of saving your ATS points you should tell the avatars.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by txdan06]

You can't tell avatars anything, they don't listen.
I knew what you meant, j/k.

No conduct that is so rude should be permitted here. If it is a personal attack, it should not occur in the first place. There is no reason for it at all. It shouldn't happen, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

d1k

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry to get off topic here but, niteboy82, that is the most hilarious and frightening Avatar I have ever seen LOL.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I'm sorry to get off topic here but, niteboy82, that is the most hilarious and frightening Avatar I have ever seen LOL.

Don't worry, it even scares me. I thought "hot woman" and then I saw the face. It reminds me of "windowlicker" by aphex twin in it's hideousness. not gonna derail anymore, but thanks!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I've gotten a few myself - I just try and ignore it. With the really outrageous posts around here lately that are never dealt with, I seriously doubt that U2Us will be. Just let folks have unlimited ignore lists and it'll help us "police" the place ourselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Bripe, you don't think the mods do a good enough job?

Are you aware that the 'other side' thinks we're too strict?

From where I'm sitting, that means we're doing something right. We can't please everyone, so we just try to strike a balance between enforcement and leniancy. It doesn't always work, but we try...

If we really cracked down and started swinging the truncheons, we would have even more distrust and animosity from the members. As it is we get tons of crap just for trying to keep the peace.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
brought on a few ill-behaved people here lately

School is out for the summer. The bored 14 year olds are
using ATS as a summer filler.
Their posts are obvious.
Their attitudes are highly immature. (although they call
themselves grown ups and mature in the threads ... what a circus!)

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I swear, if my nephew's on here I'll dopeslap him all the way back to elementary school.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wow, I must say this comes as a shock, I’ve been here for a while and I haven’t gotten any "Hate Mail". Seriously though, if you disagree with someone on a topic why not just call em out on the thread, no need for a U2U.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Wow, I must say this comes as a shock, I’ve been here for a while and I haven’t gotten any "Hate Mail"

Yeah, you can't have that sort of thing going on. This place is a "cut above", and it stays that way by doing a good job in cutting out that kind of nonsense. I'm sure that when the culprits are known to the admin, the abuse is short lived.

Here's to the never ending WOT (War on Trolls)

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Mods of this forum have been (as I have seen in my short time) fair about their processes and have allowed this forum to be a quality learning tool. I wish that all the freshmen, like me, would follow the rules and stop with the foolishness.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Bripe, you don't think the mods do a good enough job?

Are you aware that the 'other side' thinks we're too strict?

Overall, I think you guys do a really fine job, but there are some who are simply just too laid back. When, for example, there are obvious hoax-threads, or "hot topic" threads that go down the path of name calling or racism, they really do seem to be completely ignored, even though just the thread title alone makes it obvious there's something that is going to need to be dealt with on the inside.

I'm sure you guys do get put under the microscope by management - that's how it (unfortunately) sometimes is with admin and mods. They have to please a greater group and try not to be spammed with complaints daily because some mod did their job.

It's too bad for you guys, too - if you get chosen to be a mod, it should be because the admins trust you to do a job that they cannot or willnot do themselves - not so you can be micromanaged.

If there were more mods that were assigned to particular sections of interest (plus the feature of us getting unlimited ignores) I think it'd help a lot.

But anyway, I'm derailing the thread here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join