It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate u2u's are the thing now......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is something I have never came across, and hopefully do not have to deal with.

A few times I have contacted members via u2u to laugh it up or applaud them on their posts in a thread, that I am arguing for the other side in. I have met alot of members through this. In a recent John Lennon thread, we had about 5 members battling it out. After a few days of this I started sending out u2u's to the members, just to express how much I appreciated the way they continued to post.

The argument was heated, but it never turned personal.

But yeah childish headgames, DG will not be intimidated.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
AWWW DGTEMPE. I was just about to u2u with my favourite cookie recipe too..

your loss then

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
AWWW DGTEMPE. I was just about to u2u with my favourite cookie recipe too..

your loss then
Got the Toll House recipe? I'd kill for that. Gawwwwd, i like you, you're too funny.

Anytime.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You know, strangely enough, the whole time Ive been on this site, I think I only have gotten one u2u that could be construed as hatemail.

I feel offended. I thought I was better at pissing off people than that!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sentinal
Mods can't look at members' U2Us, but the owners can (obviously). It's done very rarely, so no sweat. Even if I had that ability, I can't see myself using it except in extreme circumstances. In order for a community to function, members have to respect each other - and mods are members too.

I wouldn't want someone rifling through my U2U box any more than I'd want them digging up my underwear drawer. There's nothing particularly interesting in either, but it's the principle of the thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is the first time I have heard of this occuring. I am sorry you had to deal with that crap dg but ya.. report them if you get any more. Anyone EVER thought they could get away with being an asshat just becuase its a u2u with me and I guarantee you I would report them faster than they can hit reply.

RESPECT

There can't be that many of these rude people.. we need to get them off the forums or put the fear of ban into them so they knock it off. No one should have to deal with that for voicing an opinion that someone else may not like.

*hugs*

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just don't see how another persons opinion can make a person angry enough to send a spiteful u2u...

[edit on 11-6-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
congrats dg!!

I have always been impressed with your threads and if your getting nasty u2u's from people, that actually shows that they like you and want to get to know you in some sick perverted way!! They just dont have the b*****lls to say, hey your intelligent and I would like to be your friend!

lol
hey dissent is a good thing though...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Damn that horrable I'm a new membre but I would never do this I readed this site for the longest time (since I was 12 I'm 16 now) but just join a few day ago. I my self would never do such a thing and I do need help (it such a big site!) but I try. But to send hate mail that just make me a sadddd panda

And by the way NephraTari nice pic it really cool I try to get some of my averat like that but it to big even if I make it smaller
now I want a hug

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I do not use U2U to attack or harass someone but if someone just insult me, bait me or just call me on it in a heated discussion in any thread, I would respond in a U2U with a short dismissive reply.

Case in point, this morning, a NWO lover tried to bait me and I U2Ued to tell him to go do something physically impossible to himself, genital-wise.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
good one
for real I dont like stuff like this it not ats

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
hmm-- no one ever sends me an insulting U2U -- i guess no one dare insult a poo flinging munkie who can rip ther arms and legs off

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Any abusive u2u's should be reported to us. There are lots of whackos out there in the world, and they'll 'reveal' themselves in being angry enough to abuse someone on-line while not being competent enough to openly and publically discuss the matter that they are angry over.

Abusive u2us are comming from precisely the sorts of people that none of us at ATS want on the board. Its really important that members report these things when they occur, so that we can keep the posting population up to a high standard.

And anyone that has received abusive u2us, remember, its probably not a one off incident, and that a person, online has the ability to harrass a large number of people in a very short period of time with ease. So the abusers that are out there abusing you are in all likelyhood abusing many other members of the board.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
If you have mean looking avatars people never send you hate-u2us.

lol after seeing that I looked at the next two posters...BH, you are asking for hate-u2u's lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
but also Im not worried, any one what to try and harrass me...My AIM is right down there. If im busy ill just block you, but I probably wont be so I will enjoy some one trying there best to insult a person they dont know at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Case In Point

Originally posted by pawnplayer
Case in point, this morning, a NWO lover tried to bait me and I U2Ued to tell him to go do something physically impossible to himself, genital-wise.

Um... you may want to take a closer look at what we're talking about in this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These are new?

I use to get these by the dozen, been quiet lately, a lil too quiet.

/sadclownface

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just so you know, the same person did offer to become my boyfriend. Maybe the first u2u was to intimidate me, and the second was to hit on me. (Now that i put you in your place), type of thing. I'd use smileys, but that would defeat the purpose of this whole thread. Its nuts

This is not a kinky website. Anyway, thanks to all of you, i'm SURE it wont happen again!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Man I feel bad for you dgtempe I hope this will never happen to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Case In Point

Originally posted by pawnplayer

Um... you may want to take a closer look at what we're talking about in this thread.

Did you read carefully what I posted? ...a NWO lover tried to bait me... I've been in other forum boards long enough to know what is like being baited by someone trying to get you to post something more heated in a discussion or toward another member.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join