It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I speak to the dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

Originally posted by Angelwings00_69
U could always use the ouija board, but dont!!! They are extremely dangerous. EXTREMELY.... and I highly doubt that if u are trying to reach a late uncle or friend or something that they are going to come through that horrible thing. Just remember this.... good spirits dont have time to sit around and amuse u, they will not come through the ouija board. Its easy to invite a bad spirit in, its not always easy to make them leave. HEED MY WORDS!

Why does everybody says it's so dangerous?
It's only people who don't know what they're doing that gets afraid and think that.
My dad and uncle didn't die when they used it.

That's not the concern. Using a Ouija board takes the spirits out of their world and into our world. Also, if you upset them, they can choose to terrorize you or anyone or any place else nearby. That's why using ouija boards is dangerous especially if you have no reason to;; except to amuse yourself and your friends.

Make sure the ghost says goodbye too. Every Ouija board has a hello and goodbye area. Saying goodbye means they're done and they're going back home. Never, ever burn a ouija board 'cause then the spirit will be stuck forever.

My friend (and neighbor)'s dad is a very superstitious person and he collects Ouija boards from all over the world. He has about 80 of them nailed all over the walls. And also a lot of possessed items that gave me intense chills when I looked at them even before knowing what they were.

He was talking to a spirit one day using one of the boards when for some reason all the nails holding up the ouija boards on the walls flew off and the boards scattered everywhere. I have no explanation for that;; just that it's dangerous business!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If you are not a medium and doesn't want to do the training, I recommend the Ouji Board, but with protection, always remember to be polite (some entities are moody) and be sure to have a GOOD reason to call anything from any other side.

By protection I mean both of the self (purifying, centering, shielding) as the ambient (purifying, banishing, etc).

But if you don't want to take the chance of ending up throwing up green and turning your head you should ask someone trained to do it for you.

Some mediums that work directly with spirits and guides can help to "waken" one's "mediumship"(is that a word?) and there are some good books on development of psychic and medium abilities out there, but that is not a road anyone can walk, and it must be specially hard for those that lived most of their life as "normal" people, but if you are willing to sacrifice a lot only to talk to some dead folk, start reading :p

But one of the most important thing is: Know Yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There are many ways for the average person to speak with the dead but the problem is without a certain level of awareness and training you cant decide who you speak to. It is VERY DANGEROUS to send a open invite to any spirit out there as spirits can be just as twisted(and sometimes more so) as any living human. and thats not even considering what may happen if your calling breaches dimensions. If you want to start somewhere in the occult you should start at astral projection

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
ok i have a way of communicating to the dead but its risky, you have to beware what you say and dont anger them, for your own safety.
noone should take this lightly as the people you will communicate with have lost there lives horribly and are in great amounts of pain.

ring 0800 587 1102
most people know it as xbox 360 support but thats just a cover up to the darker side.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelwings00_69

Im GraniteSoldier69 love the 69 in your name ha ha. no but for real what is it that is so harsh about the Ouiji Board? I have spent some considerable amount of time with one and i never could get it to do anything. im not talking your cheap fold up board. im talking a metal board with a glass top that was found in an old historian home in the wall. send me a specific outcome of what happens. i hear all kinds of people say its evil but thats all they say. what happens? [email protected]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
i recomment to drink and drive and mototbike and you will soon speak with all deads

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I think that this is not what you are looking for, but it is almost as close as talking to dead can get: I sometimes use phrase "consulting the dead", by which I merely mean reading the book of deceased people. I actually got this phrase from Jung indirectly; Jung had experiences with the dead people speaking to him, yet he concluded that they appeared only in his imagination of sort, or in unconsciousness. According to Jung, dead people never invent anything new, they just keep repeating their "dead" impressions. So in a sense, reading a book of dead author is just that

-v

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

How does someone who doesnt have any psychic abilities that he knows about be able to talk to the dead or train oneself to see the future?

In short, without psychic abilities you can't peer into the future (even with those abilities it's a little rough), however you can speak to the dead without said abilities by using a digital voice recorder. Ask whatever question you want in the cemetary or creepy felling area, and leave some time for a reply. When you review the tapes, you'll sometimes hear a reply that wasn't heard when you asked the question. An 'EVP' as it's called, or electronic voice phenomena. If the voice appears to answer the question you asked, then you're communicating with the dead... If not, then you have an EVP which is still a valued piece of evidence among ghost hunters.

Hope this helps,
Cru

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Text Red
the only reason i want to communicate to the dead is because a couple of my good friends died 2 in a car wreck at 7 am in front of the hospital (noah saffelder & erik schneider)... i also would like to talk to friends derek allegood (died in a car wreck) and josh scarbary (died in a work accident)...one more person i would like to communicate to would be my grandfather on my fathers side. he died of parkisons disease before i was born so i never got the chance to meet him

my intent is not to upset them but to know how they are and what they wish they could have done on earth before dying

sounds crazy but if i could actually talk to them i think i would start crying and let them know how much they are missed even though they probably already know...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Check out the texts I have, and you will be pleased..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Tarot or I Ching at the grave. Don't force it.

Dreams even. If they want to speak they will come to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why would you want to talk to the dead? What are your motives and intentions?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Good question!!

OK here is a tried and tested way: I hope it is ok to post on here?

Ok what i do is to sit on the floor and relax;
I clear my mind;
then i stand up and grap the paper and look for any notifications of a wake in the area;
then i go to the wake and give my apologies;
go to the coffin;
say a few words and then leave.

I guarantee you it does work! I am yet to get a reply though.

(This is tongue in cheek - the world is way to serious at the moment)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Im not sure if you are still wanting an answer or not, looks like this thread was started a while back....but...

You have no problems talking. You need to work on listening. Psychic abilities are nothing more than the ability to be quiet and listen. Most people even if they are not talking out loud, they are talking quietly to themselves. Learning to be quiet takes a lot of practice. Holding that quiet long enough to listen, takes even more self discipline. Master this skill, and you will learn more than you could ever imagine.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Im not sure if you are still wanting an answer or not, looks like this thread was started a while back....but...

No I didn't realize this thread is quite old but it's such a fascinating subject I'll post some more.

You have no problems talking. You need to work on listening. Psychic abilities are nothing more than the ability to be quiet and listen. Most people even if they are not talking out loud, they are talking quietly to themselves. Learning to be quiet takes a lot of practice. Holding that quiet long enough to listen, takes even more self discipline. Master this skill, and you will learn more than you could ever imagine.

To add (not directed at you), besides being able to listen one also needs a strong personality. In such a way that one can not only control their own thoughts to become quiet but also because talking with deceased will influence you, just not like being influenced by the living.

When communicating with invisible or nonphysical entities, a lot changes. If you were used to think of yourself in terms of what you have and own - all those things become meaningless. If your selfimage is based on property and the body, what clothes you wear or what brand you prefer you'll have to change that first and only think of yourself in terms of how you react to certain situations or information. Learn your own emotions first, your ways and how you do things and read up on history and as many cultures as possible. Even though you are your physical body, there is another thing that inhabits it (the consciousness or spirit, "you"). You'll have to have a lot of patience and understanding too and deal with a lot of negativity.

You can do little for a spirit but what you can do can mean a lot, simple things like remembering them in a positive way, being grateful for the lives they lived so we have it more easy. It is not so long ago it was normal to walk to your workplace (for hours) or spending hours cleaning the clothes in a stream instead of just throwing them in the laundry machine. In a way, all those who came before us made our lives easier.

One of the things that also changes is that communication with anything invisble feels like talking to someone without any clothes on, like feeling naked. If you are uncomfortable with that, try practicing by closing the curtains and walk about your house naked. If you laugh at the idea, communicating with spirits is not for you. If you become comfortable being naked in different situations than the shower or in bed you will become less distracted while communicating.

Remember each day how life is without spirits and the afterlife, how it was before. Once communication is established, there is no turning back. There's no "off" switch, at best there's a kind of static so one doesn't get bothered by a passing spirit and can do all the daily activities. Do this not only for keeping your sanity but also to prevent losing touch with the "normal" world.

Some spirits are bad for you, some are not and some don't care at all (the first is most common, the 2nd is less common and it is unlikely you'll meet the third). You can make deals with spirits so they'll help you get better at communicating (or overall dealing with all kinds of things) but always make sure you do something for them in return and deals are always clear and for short terms. Basically you're own your own. Looks can be deceiving, especially in the afterlife where you can pose as anyone.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You might want to arm yourself if you're going to try to speak with the dead. Just in case. Voodoo rituals and talismans:

web.syr.edu...

And study up on demon controlling techniques from the Testament of Solomon.

www.esotericarchives.com...

Couldn't hurt.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is good to investigate all sources of information on this subject before you proceed. Several members have posted suggestions and reccomended ways to assist you in your endeavor.

It may be beneficial to consider too the warning found here:

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (English Standard Version);
10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you

I implore you to take this into consideration before you proceed.

If the dead were in any position to help the living, why is the world in such a mess?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
It is good to investigate all sources of information on this subject before you proceed. Several members have posted suggestions and reccomended ways to assist you in your endeavor.

It may be beneficial to consider too the warning found here:

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you

Besides it is a sin according to the bible, it would also give a fortuneteller or someone who speaks to the spirits a lot of power which could be abused if such a person is not in a socially controlled group (like the Church and it's community).

If the dead were in any position to help the living, why is the world in such a mess?

There's a lot to learn about the hereafter, I'm sure if there was any real communication it would answer a lot of our questions about existence, where do we come from. But maybe for now these things are hidden from us by reasons only God knows.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Besides it is a sin according to the bible,

Only in parts of the bible.

In others, it is seen as a blessing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

The funny thing I always think about this is how heavy Jesus, himself, was supposedly into sorcery and necromancy. He was always casting demons or messing with dead people. It was his and his apostle's stock and trade, and they even worried about competitors. And yet, people are encouraged to be more like Jesus. That guy was into some seriously scary stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join