It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Iraq massacre' tape emerges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The BBC has uncovered new video evidence that US forces may have been responsible for the deliberate killing of 11 innocent Iraqi civilians.

The video appears to challenge the US military's account of events that took place in the town of Ishaqi in March.

The US said at the time four people died during a military operation, but Iraqi police claimed that US troops had deliberately shot the 11 people.

More at source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

What wonderful timing. As one massacre is spashed in the media video of another is released by BBC. Hopefully the result will be less killings but somehow I doubt it.

bih

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
yeah those who did it should get punished

[edit on 2-6-2006 by bih]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thats very sad Malichai. This is going uphill and not downhill as they would like to have us believe. I hope something is done and soon.

Pie

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Topic - US Army kills innocent civillians.

I fail to see the new in this news.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What is it charlie said?
whoops i mean martin?

handing out murder charges is like handing out parking tickets.

no other time in US history does it stand as much as it does in this illegial occupation.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The BBC has uncovered new video evidence that US forces MAY HAVE been responsible for the deliberate killing of 11 innocent Iraqi civilians.

If there is a video........why show just clips? Why not show the video in it's entirety? If beheading videos and such are placed on the net what isn't this video?

Also the title states "MAY HAVE".........people should wait until there is actual evidence instead of jumping to conclusions when the main sourse is a Sunni opposistion group.

Also you need to ask "who would benifit more from this"?

Now if it is true....these soliders will be proscuted to the fullest extend which I think might include the penalty of death by hanging or firing squad.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

The BBC has uncovered new video evidence that US forces MAY HAVE been responsible for the deliberate killing of 11 innocent Iraqi civilians.

Also the title states "MAY HAVE".........people should wait until there is actual evidence instead of jumping to conclusions when the main sourse is a Sunni opposistion group.

If not the witnesses, victims and their families who should we trust?

How many times did America lie before the war?

What is the reason we are there, could you tell us again?

What are these people guilty of other than wanting to be free from hostile foreign occupation.

I'm usually not a man of violence, but if I were an Iraqi I believe I would be shooting American troops too.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For me the point is that Haditha is Just the tip of the iceberg. You might want to check that thread, which references this video but also shows that returning US troops are starting to talk about the things they've seen and done. It's not pretty.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Malichai, If you want to shoot Americans like you said if you were in Iraq, why don't you buy a plane ticket to the area and go then? If you were in Iraq you are going to shoot some of my relatives. Why thank you. I don't know your military training or if you have any, so you better get that up to snuff, as you might need it or you might end up the one shot, if you are shooting at Americans like you said. But maybe that would be a massacre story?

I bet some heated situations have happened. And maybe some unwarranted killings have happened. I am not sure, I am not ruling it out. But it is funny how people who dislike America take the bait on every story is true that is not always accurate. I would be misguided that when a trooper has a friend killed and the shots came from a specific house and they go in there blazing some civilians would not be killed.

Like I said I will not rule out idiotic behavior too that killed people without a reason. (IE bieng shot at.) The thing is......We are in a digital age. Guess what it is a war. Someone can have a camcorder edit it and boom have a nice story leaving out important pieces of the timeline. Or acting it up to the camera. Wars have always been ugly and they will always be ugly. We now have instantaneous use of the internet to show how ugly it is. And the thing is your view is going to see it in a way that your beliefs are.

This is just my opinion, but the US forces are handling the crappy situation G. Bush put them in more professionally than the other side is fighting. IE car bombs on civilian targets. But that seems to escape you.

I guess car bombs killing civilians is more faceless and less blameable, so it is more acceptable.

Maybe the US should just sit behind some walls and set some care bombs off, so you don't know who did it.

Hey I don't think the US should have invaded Itaq myself. But to want to shoot Americans if you were in Iraq.....Go for dude.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
Malichai, If you want to shoot Americans like you said if you were in Iraq, why don't you buy a plane ticket to the area and go then? If you were in Iraq you are going to shoot some of my relatives. Why thank you. I don't know your military training or if you have any, so you better get that up to snuff, as you might need it or you might end up the one shot, if you are shooting at Americans like you said.

If you actually read what the man said, you'd realize that he actually said IF he was an IRAQI (not just that he was in Iraq) that he'd probably shoot back at American troops, too. I can't decide if I definately would or not... just not a situation I can relate to. But I'd damn well consider it... And it's people like you who like to talk all gung-ho that would probably be the first to shoot back if an Iraqi invasion force ever landed on our soil.

And the thing is your view is going to see it in a way that your beliefs are.

And do you not think the same is true with you? Or is it just those who don't see it your way?

I guess car bombs killing civilians is more faceless and less blameable, so it is more acceptable.

NO ONE thinks car bombs killing civilians is at all acceptable... quit playing the same spin-game that FOX likes to play. What is at issue here is the possible and probable truth that some of our marines intentionally killed a number of Iraqi civilians in cold blood. This is outrageous and we, as Americans, do not stand for that. No, I DON'T think that car-bombings are "okay".... but since when do we rationalize our actions compared to those of our enemy? Just because they're killing innocent civilians does not make it acceptable for us to do it. Just because they're doing it doesn't mean that we shouldn't hold our guys acountable for their actions. If we're going to praise our soldiers' heroic deeds, we've also got to call out and prosecute the unacceptbale behavior. We, as Americans, are supposed to have higher standards.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Maybe the US should just sit behind some walls and set some care bombs off, so you don't know who did it.

Hey I don't think the US should have invaded Itaq myself. But to want to shoot Americans if you were in Iraq.....Go for dude.

I'm glad that you don't think the US should have invaded. That's excellent.

But as for the car bombs thing.... well, maybe the US is doing just that... there's some evidence to suggest that the US is using suicide bombers to provoke civil war.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The soldiers involved in Ishaqi have been cleared of misconduct after a military investigation:

By HAMZA HENDAWI and KIM GAMEL

BAGHDAD, Iraq Jun 3, 2006 (AP)— A military investigation into allegations that American troops intentionally killed civilians in Ishaqi, a village north of Baghdad, has cleared them of misconduct, the U.S. said Friday even though it acknowledged the deaths of up to 13 Iraqis in the March raid.
abcnews.go.com...

The fact that it was a military investigation will be pointed out, I'm sure.

Let's weigh that against the source of the pictures:

The pictures came from a hardline Sunni group opposed to coalition forces.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No problem here.

They did everything according to the Book - quoting myself from another Post with this matter for the topic:

Step 1: Put Civilans in a Room.

Step 2: Spray the Room with Several Bullets.

Step 3: Call the Airstrike to Demolish the entire House to Hide any Evidence.

Step 4: Go to Moral and Ethical Values Training.

SEMPER FI!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Maybe if your coward buddies wouldn't hide out behind the women's skirts, less civilians would get killed.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Malichai, If you want to shoot Americans like you said if you were in Iraq, why don't you buy a plane ticket to the area and go then?

As was already pointed out I said IF.

I am an American, not an Iraqi, and when the invasion comes to our shores I will be ready to shoot them just like I would shoot Ameircans were I an Iraqi.

Please don't forget that at least Saddam was an Iraqi.

That made his killing insurgents legitimate.

When we do it its a warcrime.

If you were in their shoes you would do the same as me I bet.

Or maybe you are a coward who would submit to foreign occupation.

Before you go on about how we liberated the Iraqis, and how much a threat Saddam was look at these words from Hitler:

"We have no interest in oppressing other people. We are not moved by hatred against any other nation. We bear no grudge. I know how grave a thing war is. I wanted to spare our people such an evil. It is not so much the country; it is rather its leader . He has led a reign of terror. He has hurled countless people into the profoundest misery. Through his continuous terrorism, he has succeeded in reducing millions of his people to silence. The maintenance of a tremendous military arsenal can only be regarded as a focus of danger. We have displayed a truly unexampled patience, but I am no longer willing to remain inactive while this madman ill-treats millions of human beings."

top topics

join