It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi channel may sue NASA for UFO documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

NEW YORK(Reuters) -- The truth is out there, and the Sci-Fi Channel is determined to find it, even if that means suing NASA, the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army and Air Force for documents related to unidentified flying objects.

Who wants to take bets on how many pages of blacked out text they will get out of this?

edit
forgot the link
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ha! I posted this exactly one minute before you@

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What are they going to sue for? I want the truth told as much as they do but i do not see how they are going to win in court.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
AWESOME! I don't see how they are going to win either, but it's great they are actually going to try!!

-JAH

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Freedom of information act.
It's about time they started abiding by it.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Waste of time, they won't get anything other than what the Government wants to give, no matter what the outcome.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It will be hundreds of pages with no nouns or verbs visable.

Maybe we can get something out of "the---------to--------is---------and---------------------."

ID

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If they will not follow the laws in place then it is about time we correct their error. The nation needs to remember that we are supposed to run the government not the other way around. When a nation's government no longer cares for the rights and needs of it's people then it is the duty of the citizens of that nation to overthrow the government. I believe the time for revolution is almost at hand...rage against the machine.

--id

jra

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
what i don't get is why they would assume NASA keeps all the UFO reccords? yeah NASA is the space administration, but i would have always figured that top secret documents dealing with such things as UFO's and or aliens (if they exsist) would be kept elsewhere with in the US gov't and not at NASA. In my mind NASA doesn't seem like the safest place to keep such sensitive material.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
NASA would have tonnes of there own footage.......but it's still a pointless task

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Shame its a Sci-Fi Channel publicity stunt rather than real investigations that would do this. Thats the level we're at though with UFO research. Nobody in the civilian sector is allowed to study it with much seriousness.

Stanton Friedman's attempts at getting UFO documents in the 80s basically will be the outcome of this endeavor. A few newpaper clippings and possibly a blacked-out judge briefing. That is if the Sci-Fi Channel is serious enough to take this through entire court proceedings.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by heelstone]

xn

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I highly doubt that the Sci-fi channel will win this lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Out biggest help in the UFO mysterdy is the Sci-Fi Channel

now think of this, if UFO's are fake then why not let-out all the documents about the subjected?

GO Sci-Fi Channel GO

this could show that UFOS are fake OR real.....

so no-matter what you may think about UFO;s you have to agree what Sci-Fi Channel is a good thing...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Shame its a Sci-Fi Channel publicity stunt rather than real investigations that would do this. Thats the level we're at though with UFO research. Nobody in the civilian sector is allowed to study it with much seriousness.

Stanton Friedman's attempts at getting UFO documents in the 80s basically will be the outcome of this endeavor. A few newpaper clippings and possibly a blacked-out judge briefing. That is if the Sci-Fi Channel is serious enough to take this through entire court proceedings.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by heelstone]

It's all about the money. Sci-Fi has it, Stanton doesn't. It may be a publicity stunt to promote their future UFO shows, but we have to take what we can get, no?

However, they shouldn't expect these people to abide by their own laws. To be honest, I think using the FOIA is uselss...all you'll get back is blacked-out documents. The FOIA is useful for showing how much the military is covering up, but we'll never really know what's in the government vaults unless they let us know.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Even if they win the case, the government can still keep them from getting the files because of "national security".

And after NASA, it's the other's turn:
Now the Sci-Fi Channel is supporting what could turn into a series of lawsuits, first against NASA and then against the Department of Defense, the Army and Air Force, to get classified documents released to the public.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Three words......Ratings.....Ratings...Ratings.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
the desire is for the truth...
and the truth shall set one free...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A day after SCI FI Channel announced its unprecedented support for legal action against the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to release its records on the 1965 UFO incident in Kecksburg, PA, NASA informed Lee Helfrich, attorney for the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi), that it is releasing 36 pages of documents connected to the incident.

Full Story: biz.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
One battle has been won, though the information war is far from over.

"After ten months of pursuing the records in Washington, D.C. through the Freedom of Information Act, NASA has finally responded to public pressure. The Department of Defense and the U.S. Army have yet to release any records."

Sci fi channel is on my tv tonight, and I couldn't care less about any damn ratings.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
why the heck is that story posted in the financial section of yahoo news?

And I am eager to see what NASA has to say about a crash that was recovered by the military. Why would NASA know anything about it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join