It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Color is Allah to Muslims?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Islam and Christianity are as equally opposed to one another as Yahweh and Allah are...

That doesn't make sense.

Surat 2, Ayat 62 (Pickthall translation)

62. Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Surah 5, Ayat 69 (Pickthall translation):

69. Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

And then there are these:

Surat 2, Ayat 136 (Pickthall translation):

136. Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Surat 2, Ayat 285 (Pickthall translation):

285. The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.

Surah 3, Ayats 84-84,(Pickthall translation):

84. Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

85. And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

As others have already pointed out, "Allah" is the Arabic word for "God". Arabic speaking Christians also call God "Allah". And for more context, the Aramaic word for God was "Elah/Elaw", the Hebrew words it relates to are "El/Eloh/Elohim", and the Canaanite word was "El/Il".

So yeah, many Christians and atheists with Christian backgrounds may not think that Islam and Christianity are compatible. But you don't speak for Islam so quit pretending that you do. Islam's biggest gripes with Christianity are that we believe Christians started worshiping the Prophet Jesus instead of focusing on the God who sent him and that we believe the Christian scriptures have been altered. But even then, as the Qur'an itself says in the 1st Ayat/passage that I quoted in this post, Christians who believe in God, Judgment Day (the last day), and do right will still be rewarded by God.
edit on 3-6-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (facepalm) misspelled scriptures. bruh...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Does Islam believe Yeshua is Allah?
Answer the question...
And dont bother telling me what to do, I dont take orders from you...
Your book calls Yeshua the messiah your words..Yet you relegate him to mere prophet status...
Here we see additional differing views, messiah to Christian's means savior...
You do not interpret messiah the same as I do...
You can say that Christian scriptures have been altered and I can say Mohammed altered scriptures...
I can say that the dome of the rock is filled with blasphemous rants which proclaim Yeshua was nothing more than a messenger...
You do see the difference don't you?
I know you are not stupid...
Your quotes show some profound contradiction

85. And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

1st Ayat/passage that I quoted in this post, Christians who believe in God, Judgment Day (the last day), and do right will still be rewarded by God.

Yeshua said a kingdom divided upon itself can not stand...

He also warned of false prophet's who would come after him and the power of the lie and spoke of the number of the earths population who would fall prey to the lie and gave references to the region it would come from...

Islam and Christianity are not compatible and I'm not speaking on behalf of Islam... So dont bother speaking for me or making false claims of whom I'm speaking for...
edit on 3-6-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Islam and Christianity are as equally opposed to one another as Yahweh and Allah are...

That doesn't make sense.

Surat 2, Ayat 62 (Pickthall translation)

62. Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Surah 5, Ayat 69 (Pickthall translation):

69. Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

And then there are these:

Surat 2, Ayat 136 (Pickthall translation):

136. Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Surat 2, Ayat 285 (Pickthall translation):

285. The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.

Surah 3, Ayats 84-84,(Pickthall translation):

84. Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

As others have already pointed out, "Allah" is the Arabic word for "God". Arabic speaking Christians also call God "Allah". And for more context, the Aramaic word for God was "Elah/Elaw", the Hebrew words it relates to are "El/Eloh/Elohim", and the Canaanite word was "El/Il".

So yeah, many Christians and atheists with Christian backgrounds may not think that Islam and Christianity are compatible. But you don't speak for Islam so quit pretending that you do.Islam's biggest gripes with Christianity are that we believe Christians started worshiping the Prophet Jesusinstead of focusing on the God who sent him and that we believe the Christian scriptures have been altered. But even then, as the Qur'an itself says in the 1st Ayat/passage that I quoted in this post, Christians who believe in God, Judgment Day (the last day), and do right will still be rewarded by God.

Yeah see, Jesus is the son of God and part of the Holy Trinity, not a dumbass prophet.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
For the mental midgets who are atheists believers in fairy sprites norse gods or muslims....
Christian's do not worship the same God as muslims...
The opposition is rather clear Christians believe Yeshua is God...
For Muslims to worship the same God as Christians they would have to believe Yeshua is God...

So what you're saying is:
Judaism and Christianity are as equally opposed to one another as Yahweh and Jesus are...
For the mental midgets who are atheists believers in fairy sprites norse gods or trinities....
Christian's do not worship the same God as the God of the Jews...

...?

edit on 3-6-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

According to only your religion's beliefs. Half of your Bible comes from the Jewish TaNaKh and they don't consider him God's "son" or part of any "trinity" either. Samaritans and Sabians (2 other Abrahamic religions) don't consider him the son of God, either. However, a different Abrahamic religion (the Hanif) placed the Prophet Abraham and his family on God's level, which is pretty much the same thing most Christian groups did with a different Prophet (Jesus).

ETA: Also, let's not forget some of the original Christian sects like the Ebionites. They were some of the Prophet Jesus' original followers, spoke & taught in Aramaic like him, and they believed him to be a mortal man and a Prophet. There were also entire other branches of Christianity that didn't believe in various aspects of the "trinity" concept ("nontrinitarianism"), particularly before and around the time of the first Council of Nicaea.
edit on 3-6-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Learn to read. I literally posted this in that post which covered what you just ranted about:

So yeah, many Christians and atheists with Christian backgrounds may not think that Islam and Christianity are compatible. But you don't speak for Islam so quit pretending that you do. Islam's biggest gripes with Christianity are that we believe Christians started worshiping the Prophet Jesus instead of focusing on the God who sent him and that we believe the Christian scriptures have been altered. But even then, as the Qur'an itself says in the 1st Ayat/passage that I quoted in this post, Christians who believe in God, Judgment Day (the last day), and do right will still be rewarded by God.

So once again, you don't speak for Islam's views on Christianity nor on Islam's views of compatibility with Christianity. You can only speak from the view of a person who knows Christianity as your base, which is something I already addressed.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I already asked that of many Moslems and they told me directly that Jehovah is not their God their God's name is Allah,

Sorry mate, maybe a person that thinks they know a thing or 2 about Islam might say such nonsense but not a Muslim or anyone that has even the most basic knowledge of Islam and language.

In Christianity we don't lie to anyone, believer or not.

and I would give my life a million times over if only 1, just 1 Christian would follow that.

So just posting that is a lie because Christian's lie on a daily basis.

As much as it lay with us we will live peaceably with all men.

How Many Christians are holding a Gun and fighting a war as we speak?

But that doesn't mean I wont point out the Hypocrites and lies of ALL false religions and their gods, that is what True Christians do.

So don't follow Christ and be and asshole is what real Christian is?

Brilliant, spot on actually.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Christian's do not worship the same God as muslims...

Quite a few Christians do.

No, some believe he is God others don't.

Please stop talking for all of Christianity, one has be dumber than .......... cannot think of anything so stupid to compare.

over 20 thousand sects with each having their own versions of beliefs about Jesus.

you can only speak for your own beliefs, no one else s.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I can read just fine mouth, stop eluding my question...
Do you believe Yeshua is Allah?
Already said I wasn't speaking for Islam, read much yourself?

edit on 3-6-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

That is a good question...
The answer is neither yes or no and also that they will as prophecy is fulfilled...
I could also say some already do that have accepted Yeshua as God or savior...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I do not believe in any person that has an English name of YESHUA. Or any god named YAHWEH.

I believe in the father JEHOVAH and His Son JESUS CHRIST.

There is no other name given among men than the name Christ Jesus. Not Yeshua, not Yahweh only Christ Jesus. Not Isa, as that is the Arabic name of Esau and it is not Jesus either.

Acts 4:10-12 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Mohammad taught that Ishmael was put up to be sacrificed and not Isaac.

Ge 22:1-13 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
Abraham spoke forth a prophecy when he said,God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering

Abraham did not practice Islam as Moslem's claim, that religion was not even invented until circa 600AD. Abraham never killed any of the infidels in the land that is promised to him and his offspring through Isaac not Ishmael, not one person was killed for not converting to his religion. the only people Abraham killed were those who had taken Lot captive.

The Moslem claim that the Bible is corrupt, just as Mormon's claim, as JW's claim, as Catholic Jesuits Priests claim, et al for many have claimed this. But they end up having a man as the final authority and not God Almighty.

Many True Christians believe Jesus is God, because the scriptures say he is is. They believe in the Final Authority for life and practice is the Holy Bible. However even those who are saved deny the inerrancy of scripture and over throw the faith in a final Authority of God's word the AKJV Bible, and reduce that authority to men who can explain the words of god from incomplete Greek and Hebrew documents, which are not the original autographs but only copies, and those cannot be verified by any original because there are not. That is the big myth perpetrated by Christian teachers and Universities around the world today.

It is not true that there are over 20,000 sects in Christianity. I will not claim there are none for there are. the primary claim in being "the church" is the Vatican state or Catholicism, there are many branches of it including charismatic ones. To tell who they are they all claim allegiance to the Pope, worship Mary as the Queen of Heaven a name given to an Egyptian god.

Then you have a majority of Christians groups who believe in the so call fundamentals which are the virgin birth, the resurrection, belief on Jesus, as the Son of God (but with no clear understanding in what they believe on him for), belief in the Father (with no clear understanding of what they believe on the Father for), and the Holy Ghost (some say Spirit), belief in Jesus Christ (without saying in what they believe on him).

But then there are groups like me who believe in additional fundamentals they don't ascribe too. We believe in the inspired, inerrant, infallible, complete, whole, preserved word of God in English, the Authorized King James Version Bible. We believe in the second coming after the Great Tribulation known as Premillennial return of Christ, The substituionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross, we believe that a Christian should be immersed in water baptism as a sign of their profession of faith on Christ, We believe Jesus Christ is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, that is he is God in the flesh, The Godhead consist of three persons and there three are one as seen in John1:1-2, 1st John 5:7.

While some of these groups have some of the additional most do not believe there is a inspired preserved word of God in English. This is a teaching of the Nicolaitans, this is how they rule over a majority of the Christian churches and Universities today. These Nicolaitans are hated by Christ, the scriptures in where this is taught Jesus Christ is described as God is described in the OT Scriptures.

Jesus Christ is still saviour today, and any one who does not believe that is said to be an anti-christ. The Moslem claim that Jesus (with an incorrect name of Isa) is not Saviour.

I will take anything the Moslem believes when it agrees with the Bible, of which there are a few instances, but the rest I throw out. I will accept any truth that is found in the Bible from science, other religions and even teaching in some of the other Christian groups and cults. But the false teachings which don't agree with the Bible I refuse to give subjection to for even one minute.

edit on 3-6-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It is not true that there are over 20,000 sects in Christianity.

Yes I know,

Its reaching 24000 I believe.

But then there are groups like me who believe in additional fundamentals they don't ascribe too. We believe in the inspired, inerrant, infallible, complete, whole, preserved word of God in English, the Authorized King James Version Bible.

well then I guess I am sorry.

I will take anything the Moslem believes when it agrees with the Bible, of which there are a few instances

In your interpretation which will mirror many others and their beliefs.

many 1000s of people interpret it in a different way than you do and in a similar than I do,

that being that there are too many similarities to deny.

These Nicolaitans are hated by Christ, the scriptures in where this is taught Jesus Christ is described as God is described in the OT Scriptures.

nuff said

anyone reading can see who has hate in their hearts and its not a religious figure so many worship.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We believe in the inspired, inerrant, infallible, complete, whole, preserved word of God in English, the Authorized King James Version Bible.

Yep. You worship a book. That’s called idolatry and is against your god according to the very book you worship.

Once again, thanks for showing you’re not really a Christian.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The Authorized King James Bible is already Interpreted, no need for anyone to reinterpret, their only duty is to believe what it says and act upon that belief. Many find that they don't like verses that go against their sinfulness and thereby have to re-interpret a verse to their liking. Or they find a verse they don't understand so they reinterpret it with their own understanding.

Anyone can see that any one that loves this world and the things in it, they are at enmity with the True and living God, our Lord Jesus Christ. To hate lies, false ways (teaching, practices, et al), sin and sinners (i.e. those who hate God or transgress his ways, laws, truths), hatred of false assemblies (like Ramadan, Catholics mass and communion service, the UN) is a Bible truth, so you are not of the truth and there is not truth in you only lies.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Ps 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Ps 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Ps 119:113 ¶ SAMECH. I hate [vain] thoughts: but thy law do I love.
Ps 119:128 Therefore I esteem all [thy] precepts [concerning] all [things to be] right; [and] I hate every false way.
Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Prov 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Prov 8:13 The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Prov 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Amo 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
Am 5:21 ¶ I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
Zec 8:17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these [are things] that I hate, saith the LORD.
Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Ps 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Prov 28:16 ¶ The prince that wanteth understanding [is] also a great oppressor: [but] he that hateth covetousness shall prolong [his] days.
Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
I would rather be a hater of men and their false religions and ways, than be a hater of God and his ways. He who fears men (that is how Islam has been built by the sword and they look forward to kill those they call infidels why they themselves are the true infidels) will not fear God, those who fear God do not fear men.

Just because a person refutes Islam or any other religion does not make him a hater. Quite the opposite, that man loves and cares more for the souls of men, that he puts the truth along side the lies of false religions(no matter what religion that may be) and teachings of men (no mater what that teaching may be).

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreatTech
Is there a conspiracy about the color of God or Allah?

Color is mainly a US invention. In EU a person is not black they are African, as example. In a land where everyone is 100 shades or brown I don't think color comes into play at all. In America Whites see black, and Blacks see white, hell African Americans see different shades of black too...

The rest of the world is a little different to say the least.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I would rather be a hater of men and their false religions and ways

Which is another thing that’s against your own book. You must really hate your god.

Hating, lying, idolatry. All within a couple of pages.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

No, I worship the God of the Book the AKJV.

Your claim is false and it is usually used by sinners against the true believer that knows he has the whole word of God. and it is used by those who have no assurance of there they will go after death, and who don't believe their is a preserved inspired word of God. It is usually used by those who have no more resource to support their view so they ATTACK the person (which is against the T&C of ATS). That is what it always comes down to with you.

Oh but you are far more a believer in God and Jesus than you are an Atheist. Every time you call on God to damn someone you hate and are angry with, and every time you call on the name of Jesus Christ when you hit your thumb with a hammer or some other injury you acquire in you life. It is just not the correct belief that saves, it is the one that condemns.

edit on 3-6-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Nope. You worship the book. It’s clear for everyone to see. If anyone so much as calls your book a name, you go crying and start misquoting the book you worship.

It’s hilarious!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Oh but you are far more a believer in God and Jesus than you are an Atheist

See what I mean? ANOTHER lie.

It’s like you can’t help yourself and HAVE to lie all the time. You even made a thread that you ADMITTED was a lie.

LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

And another thing.

You’ve been told numerous times that “Moslem” is a derogatory term, yet you STILL use it.

“Love thy neighbour. Apart from those ones. Oh, don’t like those ones either. Or them ones.”

You came into a thread asking about the colour of a religions god, just so YOU could show your hate and spread lies. I’m sure your god would be super proud.
edit on 362018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join