It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Color is Allah to Muslims?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Whatever color things that dont exist are.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Whatever color things that dont exist are.

I think that means black.
Black is a description of something with minimal light.
There is no measurement for darkness or cold.
Light is measured in lumens. Darkness has no measurement, it is an absent of light.

Light comes from Yah. He is the light.
All things are Light, frequency, vibration.
Without light you do not exist.
Your dna are light receptors.
If light does not hit it, it does not exist, it is black.
Therefor my answer is black.
Or your answer

Cold too, since heat comes from light
Black and cold is the answer

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Colour is a property possessed by an object which produces different sensations on the eye as a result of the way it reflects or emits light. Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which ranges from radio waves to gamma rays.

Visible light is not inherently different from the other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum with the exception that the human eye can detect the visible waves.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

you'll miss him by a millions miles if you seek him any other way than through his way, the AKJV Bible.

But he will find you in when he comes if you are still alive at that time.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Well I'm not hiding under a rock.

The only thing i seek is peace, happiness, and a better understanding of the reality in which we exist.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Again you can prove your bible is the preserved word of God right? You know as opposed to the Catholic version? OR one in Greek?

You are so certain you are right it would be as shame if you found out that say that bible was the work of your Devil.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You know its spelled Muslim right? You can't be that ignorant or bigoted can you? IF you are going to spell that the "old way" you best spell all your words that way, and drop modern usages of English.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You got all mad because I called you on an old spelling of Gnosis when you spelled it as Gnoses, and now you think you can tell me how to spell Moslem. The spelling is correct and has been used as late as 2007 in publications.

Why don't you stick to the OP and quite cyber stalking.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No you did not call me up on an old spelling of gnosis. You did not know that gnoses was the plural, thats a modern spelling neighbour. An old spelling would be γνῶσις

Moslem is considered a slur. OF course you only read the "preserved word of God" regularly. YOU are the one who has deviated from the OP. I don't believe you have been ontopic in many posts.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NoindenNext you will say the Koran is an offense to those who say Quran. Different translations form different languages of the Koran.

Little do you know but there are at least to date 14 different sects of Moslem Plural) and depending on whose Koran and copy of the Hadiths you use, you will see that some say Moslem some say Muslim as both singular and plural. The older manuscripts say Moslem and Koran. That's correct Moslem by the way is the plural for Muslim. Muslim for individuals and Moslem for groups. Just like you claim to gnoses and gnosis. I spoke singular you spoke plural. But Gnosis and Muslim can be used as singular and plurals today, not the old English spelling you claimed about gnoses on our first go around about it (that's right folks he follows me around on ATS and wants to drift any thread I am on and or write off topic to be about ME, of all people).

I am sorry to my OP Thread participants, It is the classic, "I say Tomatoe, you say Tamatoe". I did not intend for the thread go off track, so back on the thread OP.

Allah to Middle Eastern Iranian Moslems he appears white, to American Black Moslems of the Nation of Islam persuasions he appears black.

But according to some of the older writings and translations of the Hadiths and Koran, he is said to appear green and white, that is correct, green and white. It is said by Mohammad that the Moslem need to drench themselves in the colors of Allah, that is get rid of our racial colors and put on his colors. Which also according to Mohammad, Allah's colors are green and white. Now maybe it was meant metaphorical but Moslem scholars have been arguing about this for centuries that is why there are so many translations of the Koran and none of them, like modern Bible translations match. Good thing Mohammad didn't heard about the promise to preserve Allah's word forever from the 600 winged angel or we would really have trouble.

So we know where the Moslem came up with a green and white flag of the original armies of Mohammad, later some differences divided the Moslem over which color he was, and tribal and country differences divided the Moselm by countries and color of flags.

So I guess because it should be obvious no one can be green right?

But did you know English and Germanic people have greenish tones to their skin color, and Africans and Indians of India have purple and blue tones, Chinese have yellow and American Indians were white in the Winter and red in the Summer. Just ask artists about the underlying tones of color in certain races skin.

The issue of what color Allah is about as important as what color was Jesus. To the Africans Jesus is said to be black, and to Germans he is said to be white, to Hawaiians he is Hawaiian.

But the God of the true Bible believer, who is not Allah, we find in the Bible saying (not teaching but saying) really what color God is.

Dan 10:6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
Rev 1:14-15 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

So best to just end it here and just say we will find out when we die, for no one on this side has seen him and recorded it for us to know.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Dodging the point. In arabic it is al-Qurʾān, just as I refer to some of my deities as An Dagda or An Morrigan, that is t he right and just way to refer to something from a faith.

Neighbour, I understand the sects in the various Abrahamic faiths much better than you think I do. Oh and the correct plural would be muslimūn (in arabic) or muslim in English. Moslem was either an older spelling due to transliteration, but commonly a slur today, but those intimidated by the fact it is a faith growing faster than their own Abrahamic Faith

You are doing the equivalent of a Gish Gallop in the rest pf your post, where you are putting a bunch of unrelated points in, to disguise your lack of knowledge.

Lets pick on your comment on "English and Germanic people" ... there is no distinct genetic difference between the people of Europe. What you have written, is old fashioned, colonial BS.

Your God, Jehovah is indeed Allah. Anyone who has read the mian texts of the various Abaramic faiths, will know this.

So once again, you do not know your Gluteal muscles from your elbows. Even if someone supplied a map . You can only try to cobble together a bunch of unrelated things.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey ChesterJohn!
I hope you don't mind, I just have to say, I always marvel at how with such conviction you say stuff that is absolutely, completely bonkers! It's truly incredible to behold. Your last post is a great example!

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: NoindenNext you will say the Koran is an offense to those who say Quran. Different translations form different languages of the Koran.

Actually, yes! Many muslims DO find using the spelling "Koran" to be offensive. It is an archaic spelling, definitely not standard or used meaningfully today, and along with the spelling "Moslem" (also archaic and not used today), is perhaps mostly known just for being transliterations that were used by outsiders. While not as egregious as the term "Mohammedan", at best they're confusing at outdated. The standard now is "Muslim" and "Quran" (some have it as "Qur'an", but that's just too complicated). Using otherwise is like someone calling you Castrum.

Little do you know but there are at least to date 14 different sects of Moslem Plural) and depending on whose Koran and copy of the Hadiths you use, you will see that some say Moslem some say Muslim as both singular and plural. The older manuscripts say Moslem and Koran. That's correct Moslem by the way is the plural for Muslim. Muslim for individuals and Moslem for groups.

I'm not sure where you got your number of "at least to date 14 different sects of Moslem". Even with the "at least", that number makes no sense. How did you divide that up? By the way, you have sects of a religion, not sects of followers of the religion, for example, you don't say "There are innumerable sects of Christians", you say "There are innumerable sects of Christianity", so using 'Moslem' there doesn't work. Anyhow, different sects of Islam don't use different translations of the Quran, and no currently used translation, by any sect, not that that qualifier has any meaning
(Muhammad Asad, M. M. Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Shakir, Wahiduddin Khan, Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar, T.B.Irving, Safi Kaskas, The Monotheist Group, Abdel Haleem, Abdul Majid Daryabadi, Ahmed Ali, Aisha Bewley, Ali Ünal, Ali Quli Qara'i, Hamid S. Aziz, Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali, Muhammad Sarwar, Muhammad Taqi Usmani, Shabbir Ahmed, Syed Vickar Ahamed, Sahih International, Farook Malik, Dr. Munir Munshey, Dr. Kamal Omar, Talal A. Itani, Maududi, Ali Bakhtiari Nejad, A.L. Bilal Muhammad et al and Mohammad Shafi make a good sample) transliterates Muslim as Moslem. Then we come to your last assertion here, and possibly most hilarious (except you bring up physical attributes of Allah later on, which is a strong contender), that 'Moslem' refers to plural. Now, I'd very much like you to back this up, because it really is quite incredibly bonkers! I have a couple of archaic dictionaries (both OED and Webster), and none say anything like that. I extensively googled the meaning of 'Moslem', and find nothing like that. I even plugged in "These people are Muslims" into Google translate, and went through each language one by one, and none of the ones that used the latin script spat out "Moslem".

Now, to your final point in your post,

Allah to Middle Eastern Iranian Moslems he appears white, to American Black Moslems of the Nation of Islam persuasions he appears black.

But according to some of the older writings and translations of the Hadiths and Koran, he is said to appear green and white, that is correct, green and white. It is said by Mohammad that the Moslem need to drench themselves in the colors of Allah, that is get rid of our racial colors and put on his colors. Which also according to Mohammad, Allah's colors are green and white. Now maybe it was meant metaphorical but Moslem scholars have been arguing about this for centuries that is why there are so many translations of the Koran and none of them, like modern Bible translations match. Good thing Mohammad didn't heard about the promise to preserve Allah's word forever from the 600 winged angel or we would really have trouble.
(the rest of the post carries on quite earnestly about the meaning behind green and white skinned people, but it's all so incredibly absurd, that I left it out for clarity).

First off, God in Islam has no such physical characteristics, because God is not a physical being (that would imply being within the confines of physical laws, rather than being the author of them). What the Quran DOES say is:

Muhammad Asad Translation of Surah ash-Shura, verse 11
He has given you mates of your own kind just as [He has willed that] among the beasts [there be] mates - to multiply you thereby: [but] there is nothing like unto Him, and He alone is all-hearing, all-seeing.

So yeah, no, Iranian muslims don't see God as white, Black Muslims don't see God as black, muslims would consider seeing God as any kind of person or colour incredibly idolatrous. And as much as you'd like to muddy the waters with "older writings of the Hadiths and Koran" claiming that "it is said by Mohammad that the Moslem need to drench themselves in the colors of Allah", again, that is absolute and complete and total bonkers nonsense. No such thing exists older writing or not. Please provide reference if you claim otherwise. See, the thing is, we don't need "older writings" or "older translations", unlike the Bible, we have the originals in the original language. "Green" in arabic is "أخضر" or "akhdir" and white is "أبيض" or "abyad", both colours referenced extensively in Islamic scripture, yet your supposed statement shows up nowhere, older writings or new.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Not used today, but I use it and I know others who do, and I have a letter from Mohammad Ali from when I was 8, and he used in that letter. And no, the letter is not for sale it is a collection piece along with photos taken at his Chicago Office I had taken with him when I was 12.

Moslem spelling is actually of German derivative, most American Journalist picked up during WWII, It was widely used until the late 1970's just shortly after the Iranian Revolution that upset the then Shaw of Iran. That is when so many so called "Moslem clerics" were making "Newer" translations of the Koran and decided to go with the Turkish Transliteration of Quran and of course Muslim because they wanted to distance themselves from the Iranian Shi'a's who took over rule in Iran. Now Moslem was used as a Plural term and still can be just like Muslim can. Both words don't need an "S" on the end to make it so. Like Gnosis doesn't need and "E" to replace the "I" to be used as a plural.

Why Do People Say Muslim Now Instead of Moslem? When Baby Boomers were children it was Moslem. The American Heritage Dictionary (1992) noted,"Moslem is the form predominantly preferred in journalism and popular usage. Muslim is preferred by scholars and by English-speaking adherents of Islam." No more. Now, almost everybody uses Muslim.

According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies,"Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.

Moslem adjective, noun, plural Moslems, Moslem.

www.gingersoftware.com...

The sad thing is Moslem was not a term of derision but they want you to think that today. Buy an 1880's Koran with the English translation next to it. It would open your eyes to the truth of these spellings used until the present day climate which started in the early 1970's.

There are many sect of Islam Shi'a, Sunni, Athnā‘ashariyyah, Zaidis, Ismailis, Koranist now called the Quranist, Ahmadiyya, Shiites, Sufiism, Nation of Islam, just to name a few. Each interpret differently and hold different traditions in conjunction with the main tradition of the Hagg/Hajj.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I am going to remind you, that you got upset at the use og gnoses as the plural of gnosis (and got upset at gnosis
) . If you use something incorrectly (as you do often) it is still incorrect. You can repeat a lie often, but it is still not the truth.

Similarly you cherry pick your etymological sources
Perhaps if you just admitted you were wrong on occasion, you might retain some dignity.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Attn: ATS friends and lookers, and enemies, I was instructed as much as possible to avoid and not to answer Noiden and Terrydon79 as they are not seeking to develop the OP but to derail it or attack me.

So I am not dodging them I am simply keeping to the Instruction of a ATS Admin for peace and unity of THREAD TOPIC.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I really don't understand why you've hitched your horse to this post, Chester. It's the weirdest and most absurd thing to be wrong about!

Moslem spelling is actually of German derivative, most American Journalist picked up during WWII, It was widely used until the late 1970's just shortly after the Iranian Revolution that upset the then Shaw of Iran. That is when so many so called "Moslem clerics" were making "Newer" translations of the Koran and decided to go with the Turkish Transliteration of Quran and of course Muslim because they wanted to distance themselves from the Iranian Shi'a's who took over rule in Iran.

As you often amazingly accomplish, this is wrong in MULTIPLE WAYS. No, Moslem spelling isn't of German derivative. The Germans used "Muslim" too. A Bosniak unit established way back in 1745 (in Prussia, because Germany didn't exist then) became famously known as the "Muslimische Reiter" or "Muslim Riders". Theodor Nöldeke's "Geschichte des Qorâns" (History of the Quran) from 1860 uses the word "Muslim/Muslimen", not "Moslem".
So no, "most American Journalist[sic]", didn't get the spelling from there, that was the spelling they used as a matter of course. A simple search of the New York Times archive (although you can use any newspaper archive you want), shows loads of (mostly derogatory and racist) articles about "moslems" from the 19th and early 20th century. "Muslim" is usually relegated to names (it is a not uncommon muslim surname) and misspellings of "muslin".
Also, muslim clerics making "newer translations" in the 70s? WUT? I honestly wish to know where you get your information from.
Rodwell (not a muslim or cleric, but as an example): 1861, used "muslim"
Pickthall: 1930, used "muslim"
Yusuf Ali: 1938, used "muslim"
Arberry (again, not muslim nor a cleric): 1955, used "muslim"
Muhammad Asad: 1980 (immediately following the Iranian Revolution, but his work had started before) used "muslim"
Muhammad Sarwar (a Shia scholar, representative of one of the Ayatollahs): 1981/2, used "muslim"
Ahmed Ali: 1984, used "muslim"
T.B. Irving: 1985, used "muslim"
Mir Ahmed Ali (also a Shia scholar, specifically translated for Shi'ite audience): 1988 used "muslim"
Shakir (also a Shia scholar): 1999, used "muslim"
Need I go on? Where is this glut of "Moslem scholars" changing the spelling to distance themselves from the Iranian Shias? "Muslim" was used way before and way after the revolution by both Sunni and Shia (within Iran and outside) scholars .
And "Turkish Transliteration"? What on earth does that even mean? The Quran was written in Arabic. Until 1929, Turks wrote in a modified arabic script. They didn't need to transliterate the word "muslim", it was written exactly the same in both languages. After 1929, Turks wrote in a latin script (not english), with the letters having different pronunciations than in english. Why would "Moslem Clerics" care about how the Turks transliterated the word "muslim" in their own script (btw, not relevant, but the turkish transliteration is "müslim", and the turkish translation is "müslüman")? That would be of no relevance to english speakers. And if you mean transliteration of of the arabic word into english by Turkish speakers (an odd thing for anyone to care about, least of all Muslim scholars), there weren't any before 2007's translation by Ali Ünal (it also uses "muslim", but since almost all translations do, that's not surprising). The Turks are very proud of their language and history.

Now Moslem was used as a Plural term and still can be just like Muslim can. Both words don't need an "S" on the end to make it so.

So to be clear, you've now backtracked from "Moslem is/was used as the plural form of Muslim"? Glad to hear!

A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.

Author Yii-Ann Christine Chen is hilariously mistaken, with a hodge-podge of some fact and some silliness. The noun form (eg. evildoer/wrongdoer/oppressor/person who is unjust) is "Zalim/Zalimu/Zalimuna". "Muzlim" (which has the same root as zalim), IS a word, but it just means "darkness". It doesn't refer to a person. And besides, the letters and pronounciation in arabic for Muzlim is exactly the same as the letters and pronounciation for Muslim (except the s/z part, of course), so the argument that that is a reason to not use "Moslem" is ridiculous.

The sad thing is Moslem was not a term of derision but they want you to think that today. Buy an 1880's Koran with the English translation next to it. It would open your eyes to the truth of these spellings used until the present day climate which started in the early 1970's.

You mean the 1880 Edward Henry Palmer translation chock full of mistranslations and misinterpretations in an attempt to show European and Christian superiority? Yes, exactly proves your point! And I'm not sure what you keep going on about how it "started in the 70s". According to Google Ngrams, the use of the term Muslim surpassed Moslem in the early 40s, so it has nothing to do with the Iranian Revolution.

There are many sect of Islam Shi'a, Sunni, Athnā‘ashariyyah, Zaidis, Ismailis, Koranist now called the Quranist, Ahmadiyya, Shiites, Sufiism, Nation of Islam, just to name a few. Each interpret differently and hold different traditions in conjunction with the main tradition of the Hagg/Hajj.

Where are you quoting from? You missed a reference. I just ask, because wherever it is, doesn't seem to know the basics: Athnā‘ashariyyah (Twelvers), Zaidis, Ismailis are all Shi'a. "Shiite" is also just a different way of saying Shi'a. Quranism is a perspective of viewing Islam, not a sect, and the Quranists mostly consider themselves Sunni. Likewise, Sufiism is a perspective on Islam, not a sect, and Sufi groups usually identify as either Sunni or Shi'a. The NoI is a religion with a completely different belief set (such as the idea that Wallace Fard was God Incarnate) and can't really be compared to Islam.
edit on 21-5-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well you have the right to accept what is present or not. I hope you wouldn't be so hard against the truth as you are but nothing I can do about that. I was hoping to show you that your view is loped sided. I have presented the side you don't want presented.

At least both views are there and we let the people decide. When I read through the different articles, I was looking for those that show that they were used both ways but until then the MAJORITY used MOSLEM until the 1970's.
No I referred to the one put out by another professor at Oxford, the one I refereed to was a sixth edition. Actually was much older than 1880's but the version I use uses the term Moslem.

I don't like and am offended when blacks call me the "white dude", but it doesn't mean it was used solely to degrade or used in a manner hat belittled be or showed hatred or ignorance towards me as a white man.

TOEMATOE vs TOMATO / MUSLIM vs MOSLEM it is personal preference. So have at it.

Again sorry ATS Thread viewers, we got off track over a non-OP issue. Where someone wants to make it about me rather than focusing of the topic.

edit on 21-5-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just a heads up.

It’s pointless trying to correct him. He can’t tell the difference between 6 million and 600 million. Trying to get him to understand that Moslem is used as a slur these days, is futile.

Kind of like trying to tell someone from 100 years ago the n word is bad.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Pink

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensquirrelmonkey
Pink

Purple?

Green if it’s angry though.
edit on 2152018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join