It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current state of America in five minutes.

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To my surprise this was posted on the message boards of an online game I play. I thought it might be a good idea to post here on ATS and get your opinions on it.

www.freepressinternational.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That was execlent

I love this country more than words can say. My Father fought for it, I have fought for it and my Son is getting ready too.

But the direction it is going worries me

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Superb! Puts things in perspective in case you were unaware of where we are heading like a freight train.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly. There are definitely not enough people seeing the "big picture" yet. I seen this coming 3 years ago, and have since moved from the USA.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
See how many replies this thread gets???

It's not supposed to be funny, but I can't stop laughing!!!

I've tried to show the clip to a relative, but he refused to even listen, let alone watch.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
That was execlent

I love this country more than words can say. My Father fought for it, I have fought for it and my Son is getting ready too.

But the direction it is going worries me

For me, this post sums up my own personal viewpoint on the USA.

The debate in the UK about America is often reduced to 'name-calling' and accusations of 'anti-Americanism'. This saddens me personally. I have nothing but respect for the American people as a group of individuals. I served in the Royal Navy and worked closely with my American counterparts and they were refreshingly honest, hardworking, loyal and a pleasure to 'serve' with.

I too am worried though about the 'direction' the current executive is taking the country. Yes, I have criticised 'America' (including on these boards). However, this in no way is aimed at the individual citizens. Amuk's post above shows to me that he is wrestling with his love for his country on one side, versus some of the 'less than democratic' practices that seem to be flowing from the current incumbents at the White House.

My personal view is that America is a great country because of people like Amuk. That said, I still feel justified in criticising the direction in which the executive seems to be taking the country (albeit from an 'over the pond' perspective).

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Awesome video

I don't agree with everything in it, but I do agree that we are slowly losing our rights as Americans......we need to wake up and smell the BS before it's too late.

Sporty

join