It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tin Foil Alien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
While doin a little diggin on my current project I happened to run across a sighting that I had long forgotten. It really is worth checkin into and has some unique qualities. If you find anything else about it jump on in. One thing I found was that there appears to be only one photo left and its not an original print. That one is included in the first reference. I was able to find the photo on a couple of other sites but none of the other ones. Two of them may be pictures of the craft.
Enjoy

ufocasebook.com... with photo

Aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from the little green men of Kelly, Kentucky to the 10 foot tall giants of Voronezh, Russia. There has always been discussion about the close encounters of the third kind aliens. Some of these seem to be living, breathing beings, and yet some appear to have characteristics of a robot. One theory readily accepted by investigators is that many of the UFO sightings are of "scout" ships who take exploratory journeys to our planet's surface, while a mother ship hovers some where out of sight. Many propose that these scout ships are occupied by a robotic, mechanical being. These would be expendable in carrying out experimentation on unwilling humans, and also on our flora and animal kingdom.

Many of the earlier stories of alien sightings are "sensationalized," to say the least. But sticking to my own rule of evaluating each case on it's own merits, one report which seems to have merit occurred in Falkville, Alabama on October 17, 1973. This case is unique in some respects, most notably the alien seems to have attributes of both of the above descriptions: a robot looking creature with the running gait of our most talented athletes.

This strange account began when Falkville, Alabama police chief Jeff Greenhaw ( that is correct, there is no s after the n) received a phone call from an excited lady who said that she had witnessed a "spaceship" land in an open field not far the town proper. Greenhaw took off like a shot, taking along his trusty Polaroid camera. Dark had fallen several hours earlier, and the police chief was armed for anything. It would be about 10:00 P.M. when he made it to the location of the alleged landing.
After a cursory look around, he found no trace of a spaceship. As Greenhaw continued his search of the area, he was taken aback by the sight of an alien-like creature standing just off the side of the road. The being appeared to be wrapped in aluminum foil as it began to walk toward Greenhaw. "It looked like his head and neck were kind of made together ... he was real bright, something like rubbing mercury on nickel, but just as smooth as glass, different angles give different lighting. I don't believe it was aluminum foil." The tinfoil alien's movements were very "mechanical" like. An antenna was attached to his head. Though in shock, he managed to snap off four pictures of the odd looking alien. When he flicked on his headlights the alien was obviously frightened, as it began to make its escape.

Greenhaw immediately took off in his truck in pursuit, but because of the rough terrain of the field, he was only able to manage 35 MPH. The robotic movements of the alien were now in high gear, and it raced across the open field. Greenhaw could not keep up, and the tinfoil being escaped into the night. "He was running faster than any human I ever saw," he stated.

Although Greenhaw was exhilarated by the strange encounter, he would soon regret the whole affair. He was mocked and ridiculed by many of the town folk, and he received threatening phone calls. A string of bad luck began to affect his life. Whether related to his report or not, his house burned down, and his wife left him. Approximately a month after the incident, the town council fired him. So much for the theory that reports of many UFO encounters are made by individuals who are looking for notoriety or financial gain. Greenhaw would eventually regain some semblance of a normal life, but he would always regret the night he met the tin foil alien.

So I whipped out the ever handy book(you know the things made with tree pulp) and did a little readin. Jenny seems quite convinced eh?

The UFO Conspiracy Jenny Randles copyright 1987 p 162-3

"This leaves only one case I'm fairly certain is genuine, at least in the sense that the photographer is not a trickster. Nvertheless it is possible that he was hoaxed.
Jeff Greenhaw, aged 23, was chief of police at Falkville. In October 1973 there was a major wave in the USA (six days earlier two fishermen at Pascagoula, Mississippi, had claimed an alien contact and recieved massive publicity, and the Ohio helicopter incident occurred the day after Greenhaw took his pictures).
A woman had called the station to report a UFO landing and Greenhaw set off to investigate. He found nothing in the field that had been indicated. On his way back a tall figure appeared in the headlight beams. It was wearing an all-over silvery suit with head encased in a helmut. The entity did not respond to Greenhaw's attempts to communicate. Using the loaded camera in his patrol car (for accidents and scenes of crimes) he took four photographs (two at a range of only ten feet!). The figure then turned around and fled. It ran side to side 'robot-like', but was fast. The police chief jumped back in his car and set off after it, but in his haste ran the patrol vehicle into a ditch and lost the 'alien' in the dark. It was late at night and on an unlit road, and so although the story that the alien outran the patrol car has been circulated this is a rather dubious statement.
The Falkville photographs show very well exactly what Greenhaw says he saw, but this is after all just someone (or something) in a silver suit.
It is hard to shake the feeling that there might have been a vendetta to set up the police chief. UFOs were in the news and perhaps it was thought that Greenhaw would lose credibility if he reported seeing an alien. That suspicion finds support in the pressure Greenhaw did face afterwards (eventually forcing him to leave town). His car engine later blew up mysteriously and his trailer home burnt to the ground.
These photographs seem to be the only ones that might show an alien. That they are rather less than conclusive only highlights the real problem caused by the non-existence of this kind of evidence."

And I did indeed find one reference to it being a hoax.

www.larryhatch.net...
1973/10/17 FALKVILLE, AL : Cop + others fake photos of man in Fire Dept. metal suit.

Mr. Hatch you'll notice gives no reference or corroboration for his assumption. No basis in fact for his comment. If anyone could corroborate Mr. Hatch I'd be very interested to see it.

Thought this might be a nice little tension reliever.
So hope you enjoy this little tale of the tin foil alien.

[edit on 3/3/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I will do some digging for you, but that tin foil man looks horribly like a being that appeared in a photo behind a little girl in the UK in the 1980's.

At the time no man was seen, but when the pic was developed the man was clearly seen. #By man I mean being in a similar suit#

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
I will do some digging for you, but that tin foil man looks horribly like a being that appeared in a photo behind a little girl in the UK in the 1980's.

At the time no man was seen, but when the pic was developed the man was clearly seen. #By man I mean being in a similar suit#

I agree that it's pretty close but the date was 1964 when the cumbrian incident occured.
www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Good catch mclaren. If I remember correctly they had the cumbrian photo at ufocasebook.com. There is also a sight I've used that has nothing but UFO pics but I don't remember the link right now. They may have had it too.
Sometimes I think I've forgotten more about UFOs than some will learn.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No, no.

The Tin Foil Alien is all crumpled and knock-kneed, like Herman Munster. The Little Girl Alien is all round-headed and puffy, kind of like the Michelin Man.

As for Hatch's list of "hoaxes," I guess I'm just a confirmed skeptic at heart. I need the same level of good evidence to buy that something was a "hoax" as I do to buy that something was "authentic."

It's way too easy to come up with "coulda beens," but real hard to come up with "wases."

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Our two good buddies.

"Hey, what're you lookin' at?"

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Enkidu, ever seen a US astronaut suit inflate to protect the inhabitant?

At no time did we say they were the same, we said they were similar - Thats a whole lot of difference. Its the whole suit and visor thing that gives me the creeps really, because if you ever saw a star trek episode where they wear the suits that render the wearer invisible so they can keep watch on a population without there knowledge... freaky!

Thank you mclarenmp4 for the piccie link, refreshed my memory nicely cheers!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just noticed an inconcistency in the 2 accounts.
In the first Greenhaw is driving a truck and in Randles' book it's a car.
Hmm. Can't believe I missed it.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Tin foil is real!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Tin foil is real!!!!

I scoff and ridicule you! So there!

This is you!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Heh, recently I read Jenny Randles book as well and I wondered about that sighting of the tinfoil man.

Thanks for bringing it up, great book btw.

the 10ft aliens have been reported alot but we rarely hear about them these days, the alien scene is dominated by Greys, Reptillians and Nordics...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I still say the Cumbrian Spacesuit is just a badly dressed golfer, seen from the rear...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Gentlemen,
I saw this story covered on the History Channel. I am now a complete skeptic because everyone in my home town knows who was wearing that suit.

Regards,
travelinmason

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd be interested in any evidence you have to verify this. It was widely rumoured back in the day that a hoax had been pulled on Greenhaw but there has never been any evidence presented to prove this.
If it's just some clown who 'claims' it was he then it would be a good idea to obtain some verification. Otherwise the case remains unresolved.
It's not enough to just say everyone in town knows, that's no evidence.
It's called hearsay.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I won't disclose the name of the perpetrator of the hoax because as I said, he is a friend of mine and is a public figure. Also, the incident isn't a secret, just a sensitive subject. I stated in the other forum that this is a very sad state of affairs for two reasons. First, because Jeff Greenhaw's life was ruined and secondly because the History Channel reported on the incident and blew it way out of proportion without any facts. The former mayor of Falkville is a relation of mine, and it is a very small town. As far as evidence, there's not much evidence except pictures and the circumstances surrounding that night. I only posted here because I saw the story on the History Channel found some forums on the internet. I'm really not concerned with solving a mystery but your time would be better spent researching elsewhere as this case is closed.

Sincerely,
travelinmason

[edit on 29-4-2006 by travelinmason]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This case is far from closed. Your saying case closed doesn't make it so.
Forget the History channel I never saw the show you mention. Forget your relative being the ex mayor. That's all meaningless.
You have made a claim without any evidence to back it up. There is no need for names although I'm surprised that your supposed friend the hoaxster wouldn't be anxious to roll in the fame and fortune of pulling off 'the big one'.
Your all smoke and mirrors. Present proof of your claims(it can be done without names).
If I go to falkville or your town and ask around will I find someone to corroborate your claim?
33 years ago Falkville was awash in UFO investigators and yet noone even hinted at deception. Townfolk were interviewed and noone scoffed or giggled.
Come on. You're a cometchaser.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would like proof that Falkville was awash in investigators. I'm calling b.s. on that one. I'm not a UFO buff. I don't care if the true story ever comes to light. My concern is that an otherwise reputable infomation forum (the History Channel) reported something that any credible journalist would have never reported on without further investigation. It smacked of the type of irresponsible ranting that David Icke goes on about. I just explained in another post that you guys don't want your bubbles busted. As long as there is a possibiliity that a "humanoid" was photographed, you have something to debate about. This mystery isn't worth your time. The show on the History Channel was aired April 26, 2006. Take it or leave it, this one was a hoax.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No you said you were friends of the supposed hoaxster. Prove it.
You make a claim it's up to you to prove it.
I watch the History channel all the time. So what?
How can you call bs when your the one thats full of it?
Don't prove me wrong prove yourself right.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by travelinmason
I won't disclose the name of the perpetrator of the hoax because as I said, he is a friend of mine and is a public figure. Also, the incident isn't a secret, just a sensitive subject. I stated in the other forum that this is a very sad state of affairs for two reasons. First, because Jeff Greenhaw's life was ruined and secondly because the History Channel reported on the incident and blew it way out of proportion without any facts. The former mayor of Falkville is a relation of mine, and it is a very small town. As far as evidence, there's not much evidence except pictures and the circumstances surrounding that night. I only posted here because I saw the story on the History Channel found some forums on the internet. I'm really not concerned with solving a mystery but your time would be better spent researching elsewhere as this case is closed.

Sincerely,
travelinmason

[edit on 29-4-2006 by travelinmason]

Uh can the guy who was in the suit run faster than 34 mph??

Also we had the same routine with the crop circle hoaxers... all those people that came forward to claim they did them.. I guess for a payoff that is. Meanwhile they have not been able to explain how they did all of them.

The system so desperate to hide the truth from the public and why?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
When did anyone say that the "creature" could run faster than 34 mph? In no report on the matter did Sheriff Greenhaw have a radar gun in one hand and a polaroid in the other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join