It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge", by Dr Steven Greer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
I agree that the pictures and his claims make him look spurious, but I still do not believe that he intentionally set out to deceive people with them.

That's your subjective opinion, which I respect.

Whether intentional or not, cult greer tried to deceive people with those pictures.

Anyway, I'm done with cult greer. I'm not contributing any more to this thread only to see it bumped to the top of the list. It needs to sink way down to the bottom, kind of where lots of other similar stuff gets flushed...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In professional wrestling, the rule of thumb is that every 7 years they can recycle the same plot lines because that's how long it takes the audience to forget it already happened. Maybe this is the problem....

Gents, clearly you have a religious zeal for these guys so I'll make this my last post.

To Salla/dolphins... he took it down after Ted Roe called him on it, but basically he was charging money to bring people out into the ocean to meditate and "call in" dolphins. What he wasn't saying is that the spot is where the dolphins naturally go every day to rest (for free). Kinda like vectoring in craft with Greer! Yeah!

To Greer.... I have no grudge against Greer. I saw him speak live at the X-Conference and was completely open to him. My immediate take was that he's a pathological liar. I mean CLEARLY a liar of some type--I just wanna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he can't help it. He never got caught lying, huh? Right. Because the Woolsey document isn't an example and neither is Edgar Mitchell's letter. These are examples of disinformation and ordinary disagreements. In other words, YOU refuse the evidence (which you asked me for, by the way), not me. Funny how the rules change when the evidence is provided. That's a fun game the Meier camp likes to play too.

But he did lie to me. At the X-Conference he clearly stated that his group has an alien baby and just wait until we see the photos and video of this beautiful creature. he pantomimed cootchy-cooing the darling E.T. When I interviewed him on The Paracast, this changed to some secret "European institute" has photos and video of the dead carcass of an alien baby they asked him to examine. Where did this baby come from? Well, see, a space ship crashed somewhere in South America and the locals found the dead baby, wrapped it up and left it on the doorstep of a Church. Somehow it "made its way" to Europe.

George Adamski still has his followers. I'm just sayin'.

Sorry, but turning it around on me and saying "Well, what good are YOU doing in this field" is not an answer. It's the equivalent of me saying Cheney is a criminal and you retorting, "Love it or leave it!"

Really? Why not fix it instead?

I'm not arguing that these guys aren't nice people and decent to work with. Of course they are--that's how they stick around. "Nice guys. They wouldn't lie, would they?"

They would and they do.

Lastly, the 57 alien species Galactic Federation vs chaos is not at all valid. You're saying we either make up something and believe in it (which is what God is for) or else it's chaos? Hey, what about the truth, which is WE DON'T KNOW. Not me, not you, not Greer, not Clifford Stone.

Just forming a mythology around WE DON'T KNOW is not a real answer. It's Project Serpo. It's "The Life of Brian." It's the reason most outside this incestuous world of ufology scoff at us or ignore us entirely. It doesn't take the thought police to figure that out. I'm not telling you "you have to believe me" any more than I'd tell a five-year-old that they have to believe Santa Claus isn't real. But let's not pretend it's condescending to equate you with such if you're going to keep willingly believing liars telling the same stories since the days of Adamski.

Greer said this fall he will release UFO footage captured by the CSETI outings. Let's hold him to that. Let's prove me wrong.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
To Greer.... I have no grudge against Greer. I saw him speak live at the X-Conference and was completely open to him. My immediate take was that he's a pathological liar. I mean CLEARLY a liar of some type--I just wanna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he can't help it. He never got caught lying, huh? Right. Because the Woolsey document isn't an example and neither is Edgar Mitchell's letter. These are examples of disinformation and ordinary disagreements. In other words, YOU refuse the evidence (which you asked me for, by the way), not me. Funny how the rules change when the evidence is provided. That's a fun game the Meier camp likes to play too.

I'm well aware that Woolsey and Mitchell rebuked Greer.

But I've also talked to other people who vouched for Greer - Nora Maccoby and Todd Hathaway, Duncan here, Lalancette last year, and James Gilliland in his Mix interview.

Let's see, who else could vouch for Greer..... Dennis Kucinich? Greer claims in "Hidden Truth" that he and his team briefed Kucinich on the UFO issue. Ah crap, he already did a Mix interview and we all forgot to ask him about it.....

Admiral Hill-Norton? Senator Pell? Mrs. Boutros-Ghali? So many possibilities.....

Lastly, the 57 alien species Galactic Federation vs chaos is not at all valid. You're saying we either make up something and believe in it (which is what God is for) or else it's chaos? Hey, what about the truth, which is WE DON'T KNOW. Not me, not you, not Greer, not Clifford Stone.

Nope, either the galaxy is mostly peaceful or mostly violent. It has to be one or the other. Good/Evil, War/Peace, these things are universal and axiomatic.

Greer said this fall he will release UFO footage captured by the CSETI outings. Let's hold him to that. Let's prove me wrong.

Why wait till the fall? He has CSETI footage available on a couple DVDs right now!!

Which, BTW, ATS has REFUSED to order and examine - even with me offering to pay for them.

Now call me crazy, but it seems to me that REFUSING to even look at new evidence, is tantamount to purposely remaining in Ignorance......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Why wait till the fall? He has CSETI footage available on a couple DVDs right now!!

Which, BTW, ATS has REFUSED to order and examine - even with me offering to pay for them.

Now call me crazy, but it seems to me that REFUSING to even look at new evidence, is tantamount to purposely remaining in Ignorance......

I really didn't want to write anything else in this thread, but this is just _ridiculous_.

I offer my time to look at the clips you claim on are DVDs you've never watched, and you turn around with some sort of silliness re: "not having a credit card, and not being able to order the DVDs directly". I already told you that I have no intentions of watching all the filler nonsense on those DVDs - unlike you, I've heard as much Greer garbage as I can stomach - and that you would need to go through the DVDs yourself, make notes of where footage is located, and then get the disks to me via Springer/ATS. What part of this don't you understand? Grow up and send them the money, get the DVDs, mark the times and forward the disks? No, you want ME to send money, have the disks sent to you, on my dime. Yeah, right. I call BS on this, why should I trust you to reimburse me? By your own naive belief in this charlatan, you show yourself to be someone who I wouldn't trust in any capacity.

So knock off the false indignity, get a debit card, order the disks, do the work and I'll render my opinion - not that you'll give a damn what I say, that much is crystal clear.

And Jeremy, don't waste your time with this nonsense here, you can already see what's going on with these people. There are good reasons why rational folks tend to shy away from this field, the degree of ignorance and sheer stupidity displayed by the doe-eyed meat puppets is just stunning.

dB

[edit on 10-7-2008 by davidbiedny]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davidbiedny

When you're right you're right. They've still not figured out that when Greer says "I briefed Kucinich" he means, "Neil Freer sent a bat-crap crazy email about futants to kucinich.house.gov..."

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
I offer my time to look at the clips you claim on are DVDs you've never watched, and you turn around with some sort of silliness re: "not having a credit card, and not being able to order the DVDs directly".

That's correct David, I don't have a credit card, I tried sending them a money order, which they never received.

I already told you that I have no intentions of watching all the filler nonsense on those DVDs - unlike you, I've heard as much Greer garbage as I can stomach - and that you would need to go through the DVDs yourself, make notes of where footage is located, and then get the disks to me via Springer/ATS.

Springer doesn't want anything to do with this, I already asked him.

Your refusal to watch the "filler nonsense" is also unreasonable. It could contain important information - people, names, places, dates, times, etc etc.....

What part of this don't you understand? Grow up and send them the money, get the DVDs, mark the times and forward the disks?

I am doing my best to obtain the DVDs, but not having a credit card makes it difficult

No, you want ME to send money, have the disks sent to you, on my dime. Yeah, right. I call BS on this, why should I trust you to reimburse me? By your own naive belief in this charlatan, you show yourself to be someone who I wouldn't trust in any capacity.

No, you misunderstood my offer. I was offering to send you the money FIRST, via Paypal or some such method, so that you could then proceed and order the DVDs, for YOURSELF.

That is MUCH faster and simpler than me getting the DVDs for myself without having a credit card, then sending them on to Springer, who wants nothing to do with this, to then send on to you...... don't you think?

And you wouldn't be "giving Greer money" - you would be giving UFO Congress money. They aren't affiliated with Greer.

So that is all I'm asking - receive the money from me over Paypal, and then make the order from UFO Congress with a credit card. You can have the DVDs shipped directly to your door, and you don't even have to send them to me when you're finished with them; you could pass them on to jritzmann or anyone else who wants to have a look.

And Jeremy, don't waste your time with this nonsense here, you can already see what's going on with these people. There are good reasons why rational folks tend to shy away from this field, the degree of ignorance and sheer stupidity displayed by the doe-eyed meat puppets is just stunning.

Personal insults and attacks like that are against the T&C David, you should know that.

But you're right, Jeremy shouldn't waste his time. I can keep this up for weeks, or months even. And in the process I'd start doling out a whole bunch of positive leads for Greer that people might start getting excited about and following up on - and we wouldn't want that, would we???

For example, did you know that CSETI aren't averse to ATS sending some reps out on a CSETI training with video equipment?

Last year one of ATS' Super Mods even teetered right on the edge of volunteering to go, and all the debunkers in the thread became noticeably agitated, they were like, Nonono, don't go!! It's "too dangerous", don't go!!!

I wonder why that was?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

No, Greer says that he and his team had a meeting with Kucinich and personally briefed him on UFOs.

Has anybody from ATS actually asked DK about that? No.........

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
From your sig:

"Dr. Steven Greer and CSETI vectored in "countless" ships at the Mt. Adams Sanctuary...."

Seriously? Where are they? Why doesn't he just ask them through The Powers of Greer (TM) for their free energy devices?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

No, Greer says that he and his team had a meeting with Kucinich and personally briefed him on UFOs.

Has anybody from ATS actually asked DK about that? No.........

Has Greer said what "briefing" means? What would Greer have to say to brief anyone on the subject? What authority does he have? Some fake documents about Marilyn Monroe being killed for what she knew? Some orb photos? What? Unverifiable testimony from Robert Dean? His word that there is a beautiful alien baby carcass sitting in a freezer in an unnamed institution in an unnamed country?

What could he have to say?

And does "briefing" involve anything more than setting up the type of meeting with a congressman that any average citizen can do?

I think YOU should be asking him these questions (and Kucinich et. al.) because you're the one hanging your hat on his word by faith.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

From your sig:

"Dr. Steven Greer and CSETI vectored in "countless" ships at the Mt. Adams Sanctuary...."

Seriously? Where are they? Why doesn't he just ask them through The Powers of Greer (TM) for their free energy devices?

I have that in my sig, because it's yet another positive lead for Greer that the ATS community hasn't followed up on......

Oh yeah, Steve Mareno of PSI Applications was apparently there too, maybe he has footage of it all too......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Has Greer said what "briefing" means? What would Greer have to say to brief anyone on the subject? What authority does he have? Some fake documents about Marilyn Monroe being killed for what she knew? Some orb photos? What? Unverifiable testimony from Robert Dean? His word that there is a beautiful alien baby carcass sitting in a freezer in an unnamed institution in an unnamed country?

Why are you asking me these questions? Kucinich is the one who would know!!

I think YOU should be asking him these questions (and Kucinich et. al.) because you're the one hanging your hat on his word by faith.

Oh sure. Leave it all to me. That's great.

A totally obscure factory worker with barely a dime to his name heading up the investigation into Greer, while the rest of ATS sits by, that really makes sense doesn't it?

Ah well. Greer doesn't want help from ATS and doesn't really want us investigating him and his projects anyway..... behold: MOTHRA!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought Greer.. and Lier,, were both in the same institution for the mentally disturbed??? when did they let him out?? Or was that a bunch of whooooey too..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Another interesting tidbit on the Greer DVDs - Jeff Peckman mentions seeing some evidence from Dr. Greer on a DVD over in tezzajw's thread:

More RECENT silly claims from cult greer... (made this week)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cool. Now we know it's crap. Jeff Peckman has given it the thumbs up. Thanks for pointing this out

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

LOL!!

I love how you jump to conclusions about these DVDs before anyone has even had a chance to watch them

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

keeping focus on the whole persective is hard to do when judging a topic or subject matter, but 400 plus government and military official witnesses is more reason to accept a reality then any topic ive ever looked into.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I watched the disclosure project on you tube and at first thought wow this is amazing stuff.Told family and friends to watch it too and for a few days I really bought into it.However once I had settled down and started to browse the net for background info on Mr Greer I was sadly brought down to earth.Telepathic communication ..attacks by the military on alien base under mount blanc..casualties killed by saurian gas..the list goes on.Look lets get real why would this guy need a disclosure project?..all he would have to do is contact a few aliens or whatever and pose under a couple of saucers or spaceships for cameras or video .Also this has been going on for years ..now we have the book and dvds..all a bit fishy methinks!..It is all a bit sad really because there does seem to be a genuine mystery regards the ufo phenomenon..and indeed many credible witnesses ie pilots policemen etc but Mr Greer seems to be following an agenda of his own. J.F.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Whatever anyones personal feelings about Stephen Greer-I think people have to concede he did a great job of collating all the sworn witness testimony about the UFO subject from high ranking military officials and government academics/scientists.

Many folks who think the subject is 'just a lot of silly nonsense' have never even seen the interviews - talk about pre-judging.
Its worth pointing out that people have been executed by governments for far less credible circumstantial evidence than this:

Part one:

Google Video Link

Part two:

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
There are good reasons why rational folks tend to shy away from this field, the degree of ignorance and sheer stupidity displayed by the doe-eyed meat puppets is just stunning.

Why are you posting on a UFO board then?

On a serious note I think there are many objective,rational and 'reasonably minded' people who take the UFO subject seriously
and think it worthy of impartial,analytical,scientific study.

If you're at all interested then 'Need to know' by Timothy Good and
'UFOs and the National security state' by Richard Dolan are two very well written books by respected authors.
Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Part two:

Google Video Link

Now is it just me or does this guy look and sound like George W Bush??

How bout that for a conspiracy!

wZn

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join