It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More RECENT silly claims from cult greer... (made this week)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Err, yuck. Why am I doing this?

There's a thread in breaking news about this. Maybe it's more appropriate here?

UFO expert urges Denver to open doors

You might want to sit down. The fate of the universe depends on Denver voters approving a plan to welcome extraterrestrials on a May 2009 ballot.

If Denver cracks open the door for alien beings, the rest of the world will follow, UFO expert Steven Greer told believers and near-believers in the Student Union Building on the Auraria campus Wednesday night.

"If the people will lead, the politicians will have to follow," said Greer, founder and head of The Disclosure Project, who claims to have briefed presidents and military commanders across the globe.

Source

I feel dirty for posting that. Sorry to all offended by cult greer.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
He has a cult now?

That made me smile a tad. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Nice find, tezzajw

In the first video, he mentions seeing some evidence from Dr. Greer on a DVD - one of the DVDs I've been trying to get davidbiedny and jritzmann to check out, I wonder?

Greer named scores of political and military leaders he has told all about the findings of The Disclosure Project.

Greer named "scores" of names - also significant. If we only knew what those names were, we could follow up with those people to see what they say about Greer......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Greer named "scores" of names - also significant.

No, it's not significant. It's unsubstantiated.

MrdDstrbr
If we only knew what those names were, we could follow up with those people to see what they say about Greer......

Right, if only we knew... isn't that the cult greer mantra that its followers always fall back on?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am curious why you have such contempt for Dr. Greer? Honestly, i have not famliarized myself too much with him or the disclosure project. What i do know (from multiple sources) is that his credibility regarding integrity and ethics checks out, with stars actually. and that the beginnings of what he did were well recieved. but that his recent spiritual approach is what turns folks off.

Duncan, from Nexus, put something up on one of these threads about Greer.

I am interested to hear why all the disdain.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've read transcripts of Greer in various places..... I haven't formed a conclusive opinion as yet, but what strikes me is that SOMEBODY has to say "bring it ON" somewhere FIRST. Perhaps if Denver says "yeah", then will Sacramento follow, then Portland, maybe, dare we guess, Sedona and Houston, and Seattle, and DC and Paris and Prague and Tehran and so on?

I personally hope Denver goes for it. It takes stones to do something different from the masses, and these times we live in......... we need people with stones.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I am interested to hear why all the disdain.

Amongst a host other lies, the Mothra Incident from last year is enough to prove what cult greer is all about.

People can make up their own minds.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Greer named "scores" of names - also significant.

No, it's not significant. It's unsubstantiated.

LOL! Well then your whole article is unsubstantiated, tezzajw.

Did you contact this "Joey Bunch" guy to see if he'd give you a list of names? I'm guessing, probably not.....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

LOL! Well then your whole article is unsubstantiated, tezzajw.

It's not my article, MrdDstrbr. I didn't write it.

I only posted it for general consumption. I knew you would jump on the bandwagon with a few replies though, so consider it a community service announcement from me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Mothra incident? Do you mean as in Godzilla and the silly faerie twins Mothra? Oh my I knew it all along, the Kaiju are for real!!!!

Note: sarcasm

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Amongst a host other lies, the Mothra Incident from last year is enough to prove what cult greer is all about.

The Mothra Incident from last year was a stunt to permanently turn ATS and similar sites off of investigating Greer and his projects. They purposely put pictures up that they KNEW people would laugh at.

And it worked perfectly, too. ATS is now so extremely biased against Greer that hardly anyone wants to bother looking into Greer's projects - which is exactly what he wanted.

Greer DOESN'T WANT help from the ATS community - he proved as much by cancelling his Mix interview. He doesn't want nosy skeptics investigating his projects. He doesn't want CSETI to be a media circus - which he why he keeps all the footage private.

Which is why, when he finally did make some CSETI footage available, he did so by putting it on DVDs and making them available at UFO Congress with ZERO fanfare - without even linking to them from cseti.org or disclosureproject.org! Perhaps hoping that sites like ATS wouldn't notice or wouldn't bother with them.....

Greer purposely keeps his projects very private, and DISCOURAGES people like us from investigating them, because he has severe security concerns.

He KNOWS that it pisses people off when he makes big claims and doesn't show evidence, he KNOWS it turns ATS and similar sites against him - but does it anyway. Because he DOESN'T WANT people investigating his projects........

[edit on 10-7-2008 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
MODS
please remove the word CULT from the title of this thread..

I`m not sure what to make of the whole discloser project, but to call it a CULT
is just WRONG....

mods....hope you do the right thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Mothra Incident from last year was a stunt to permanently turn ATS and similar sites off of investigating Greer and his projects. They purposely put pictures up that they KNEW people would laugh at.

Your sources for this are where?

Perhaps you have inside information to the running of the cult to know this as fact?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

i just thought you might like to present your reasons. Like i said, i don't pay a lot of attention to greer. i have no clue what you are talking about. i could look it up, i guess...but maybe you have something that gets to the heart of the matter that you could share?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I honestly can't get inside Mr. Greer's head... but I think his first mistake was to claim to be able to mentally communicate with alien beings, vector them in, and then charged people a ridiculous amount of money to experience his vectoring and whatnot... which I hear quite a few who attended were severely disappointed. I HEAR, being the key word there. Is a lot of this disinfo to discredit Doctor Greer? Or has he discredited himself by gaining UFO Fever, and raking in a decent salary by possibly unconsciously peddling to people's fear of being alone?

I would move to say that Dr. Greer is possibly in denial about his own motivations at this point. I'd like to meet him before I could make any FAIR judgements. This is all just speculation and it is wrong to trash him without having had personal contact with him.

I'd find your own truth, though. From my experience, any position of authority on a matter can get to a normally good person's head. This is why at least be cautious, and take what he does as an interesting novelty, until he actually proves what he claims. When he promises disclosure, then it is on his shoulders to deliver. Also, it is the individual's duty to stop being a blind follower, and stop giving your power away to one person. That alone may be the reason why Greer has gotten a little Holier-Than-Thou.

No reason to be bitter about it.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
i just thought you might like to present your reasons. Like i said, i don't pay a lot of attention to greer.

No worries, BFFT

This is the echoes of all the crap about cult greer that went down about a year ago.

Basically, cult greer posted pictures of moths and dust motes on its website and claimed that the images were Alien-Light-Energy-Anchor-Supreme-Love-Elders.

It's an old thread and it had lots of other fake stuff in it too...

Like I typed, this thread is just a community service announcement, as I'm done with cult greer.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Your sources for this are where?

Perhaps you have inside information to the running of the cult to know this as fact?

It's the conclusion that I've come to after all the digging I've done, and everything I've experienced.....

Feel free to laugh, to disagree, to pick my conclusions apart, to call Greer a cult leader and all that - it's what he wants you to do!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Greer urges the government to release former military employees from their secrecy oaths and at the same time makes people who go to his "vector party" sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Can any Greer supporter explain this ?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by SurferXXX]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SurferXXX

The NDA is mostly to protect the identities of the participants. Some of them are doctors, lawyers, professors, things like that; and they may not necessarily want it widely known that they talk to extraterrestrials with their minds

Also, as I said, Greer seems to want to keep CSETI very private, at least for now. So the NDA also gives CSETI equal rights to any photos or footage produced. And yes that goes against the concept of "Disclosure".

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

To be fair MrdDstrbr, you led a pretty big campaign against Greer here yourself a while back. I distinctly remember your mail blitz to Art Bell to 'call him out' on the show when he appeared. You also showed a level of contempt for Greer for giving ATS Mix the middle finger!

Has Greer won you back over to his side or something?

Resist the dark side MrdDstrbr... lol

IRM

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join