It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Member

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

As a rule, we do not discuss the reason for members being banned. On very very rare circumstances has the banning of a member been discussed on the board. In my tenure here (almost 4 years) this has been done exactly once.

Ummm, I can think of 3 just off the top of my head where the ban was openly discussed by staff, admns and members with no problems.

8Micheal12
John Lear (exstensivley discussed)
And that guy who said plane lights landing on the other side of a lake were ufos. I cant seem to find the thread.

Wait, do post bans count?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If you go to the banned members profile and click "posts", you can usually see where things went south within the last several posts the person made.

Also, if you see a member sporting a "warn" tag, you can go to the offending post by clicking the "warn" icon below the persons avatar.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If you go to the banned members profile and click "posts", you can usually see where things went south within the last several posts the person made.

South or North ?

My grand'ma was from North.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, there are ways around an IP ban, but usually the banned unnameables jump right back into the subjects and posts that got them offed in the first place.

I would tell you----
But then I would have to shoot you----
Then I would be banned.

Not worth it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mods, Admins, experts alike - I'm wondering what it means when I see this symbol where you would usually see the empty star (for starring a post): ~

Sorry, I know it's tough to see. I will post a larger font of it: ~ does that mean the member has been banned or just suspended or can someone please clarify? Thanks!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Yes, it does mean they are banned.
You will see also that they no longer have an avatar, or a working mini-profile.

E.g. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-5-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good to know, thanks for explaining this to me. I'm now a bit saddened to learn one of the members I was a fan of has been banned... guess that's just part of ATS. Thank you DISRAELI

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They go to hell. Muahaha

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watch_the_rocks
I always thought that there were two types of banning: normal username cancellation, and IP banning; with the former meaning you could come back under a different screen name and IP banning meaning you could not come back at all if you tried to re-register from the same IP address>? You have me thoroughly
now.

I have heard from a friend that sites can set a ban cookie when the banned person logs in for what will be there last time.
This clues in the site admins when the person tries to come back under a different screen name.

Now the person has not only find a new ip address but use a new computer. or wipe there computer. My friend uses this to spot when someone uses a number of different screen names to spam his medical site with fake cure posts.
edit on 12-4-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join